New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

Turi finds himself, surprisingly, doted upon by a few of the courtesans no doubt trying to use him for access to Lehasti for access to Muminofrah. For better or worse, though keen enough to understand their interest is superficial, the youngster remains foolish enough to indulge in a grand, sweeping array of tomfoolery. Having never tasted anything stronger than weak, watered-down ale, the fine spirits of Muminofrah's court make short work of his inhibitions, and he quickly finds himself flirting and giggling with virtually any and everyone.

On one occasion he demonstrates how much better he is at juggling when sober, and ends up thoroughly dousing a young woman with her own wine as he tried and failed to climb over the table to catch a miss-tossed trinket.

By morning's first light, Turi is well and truly hammered. Almost unable to walk on his own, Azkin and Natala end up bearing the brunt of his literal weight back to the Inn of the Desert Winds. If not for Lehasti's almost endless patience and noteworthy strength, he probably would have passed out on the floor of the room instead of the floor of Vershab's inter-dimensional space.

If ever there were doubts of their need to "sleep it off," Turi lays them to rest, in a puddle of drool.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sunday, 3 Calistril to Oathday, 7 Calistril

The following day, being a day of rest and prayer, with the libraries closed, allows plenty of time to the Relic Knights to recover, some from the bruises taken on the road to victory, some from the ensuing revelry. The beginning of the week turns out to be surprisingly quiet, except for Vershab, who feverishly works on calculating the position of the sun's shadow in a completely different season, cast by a building that no longer exists. Finding the tower's height is not overly difficult, as the resourceful Sabef finds a trio of old-timers in town who recall playing in the tower when they were children, and remember that it was 125 feet high. Getting a good understanding of the sun's position on the given day takes a visit to the astronomers at the Eye of the Heavens, who have recorded different positions of sunrise and sunset throughout the year going back to the founding of Tephu. But it is the calculation of the shadow's exact location that turns out to be the most vexing problem. Vershab's ability in that regard is respectable, but he realizes the precision required to find the exact spot is daunting. The young scholar sends the group searching through a relatively small array of streets in the Wadjet's Walk district, but several days in a row, their efforts are fruitless.

During this time, the observant Turi still believes they're being observed from time to time, but at less frequent intervals than during the earlier week. Also, somewhat to their surprise, the group isn't subject to any further attack, and no news of their would-be murderer are heard. Thabat Pehta, their friendly innkeeper, mentions a rumor that Commander Abdallah's city watch as been unable to find any clue as to his whereabouts, to the great fury of Her Excellency Muminofrah of Sothis, and is apparently still hunting for the dark-robed assassin. "The crocodiles must have remained hungry", she concludes wryly.

Finally, on the morning of Oathday, a breakthrough! Vershab gives a try to a new location, not far from the others. In an otherwise nondescript wall of a bathhouse, the combined efforts of Turi and Sabef locate a secret entrance.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2020-10-13 at 07:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #663

NecromancerGuy

After the days of effort finally come to fruition Vershab cries out in joy, slightly louder than intended, when the secret entrance is discovered. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to be so loud...Now, as soon as we are inside let's stop to take a moment and look around. We need to be sure we are in the right, hidden area. I cannot imagine there are many, but given that the vault we seek is named 'The Vault of Hidden Wisdom' and this hidden wisdom came with a death penalty in previous eras we should be careful. I could imagine false entrances, traps, guardians, and all sorts of other obstacles to keep out the curious..."

Taking his own advice, the robed scholar applies several magical spells and readies the tools of his trade.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Vershab actually only casts Extended Mage Armor on himself, but he then exchanges that spell memorized for Vanish using his Quick Study exploit.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Turi closes his eyes and sighs in exasperation as Vershab cries out jubilantly. "V, I-"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to be so loud..."
    Turi turns away, scouring the street for any eyes that seem to linger too long, or conspicuous hagglers suddenly gone silent, paying no attention whatsoever to Vershab's continued pontification. "Yes, yes, we remember," he mutters, not remembering at all. Only after he's satisfied (or fooled) that they haven't been unduly followed, does Turi return his attention to the hidden portal.

Turning his attention now fully away from the streets, Turi focuses on the mechanism. His hands gently drift over the masterfully hidden seams and hinges, searching for anything to suggest the entry is trapped. He closes one eye, as his hands wander, and keeps it closed. After several moments, he pushes just so, and hurries through the portal, closing his other eye, and opening the one now (more) accustomed to darkness.

Spoiler: Exploration!
    Show
    (1d20+12)[13] perception to find any traps, and if applicable: (1d20+10)[15] disable device to negate it. If it's magical, instead announce it to Vershab and others to address.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala al Akmet, Warsighted Oracle

Natala had spent much of the time studying the ancients, using the library to improve her knowledge (and possibly connection) to the elder gods. Mathematics and astronomy were not her strong suits, so she kept a quiet profile while Vershab studied and calculated. When his efforts finally bore fruit with a location, she gave him a smile, hoping his findings would be correct. But it was only a few moments after arriving at the bathhouse that the group was able to find a hidden entrance. She gave Vershab a gentle pack on the back with a murmured, "Well done" before turning to watch for signs of followers while Turi worked his own particular style of magic.

At the call for magical preparations, she nodded to herself and called upon two - a mystical set of armor that settled upon her like a worn glove, and an invisible servant to attend to their needs. She would offer the heroic blessings of her gods if any asked, but she couldn't bless everyone to the same level.

Casting unseen servant (7hrs) and activating Spirit Shield for 1 hr (for now). If folks want heroism, she can provide it, but she only has 5 third level spells ...
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    AC 21 HP 46/57 Init +8 Move 30
    Str 14 Dex 18 Con 13 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Weapon: +1 longspear (+8, 1d8+4), Ancestral Weapon (+1 magic weapon of choice from pantheon)
    Spells: (Unl) guidance, detect magic, create water, read magic, detect poison, stabilize, mending, ghost sound, mage hand / (7/8) cure light wounds, unseen servant, ray of sickening, divine favor, remove fear, bless, protection vs evil / (7) cure moderate wounds, levitate, minor image, spiritual weapon, burst of radiance, lesser restoration, spear of purity / (5) cure serious wounds, heroism, searing light, summon monster 3
    Martial flexibility: 6/6; AW: 7/7: Spirit shield: 6/7; Blessings: 2/2
    Key skills: Diplomacy +12; KS History/Religion +9; Sense Motive +8; Spellcraft +8; Heal +5; Linguistics +5; KS All others +4; Craft Weapons +6
    Effect: Spirit shield (+6 AC, 70 min); unseen servant (7hrs); Slippers (ignore difficult terrain)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #666

Turi takes about a minute to find the exact points of pressure and the precise degree of rotation to apply, before the ancient secret door yields. The mechanism, as old as it is, exhibits a remarkable smoothness and opens nearly silently. Beyond, he sees a dusty chamber, maybe twenty feet in depth, two deep alcoves opening on either side. A small, battered bronze chest sits on the floor at the far end of the room. Beyond the chest, a passage continues forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turi didn't find any traps on the door, but fortunately there weren't any. There is no lighting, all the group can see right now is because of light coming from the outside. The room is dim light, the corridor beyond is dark. The ceiling is 20 ft high.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2020-10-10 at 06:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lehasti relaxes almost imperceptibly as her rhetorical gambit pays off with their hostess... and the paladin allows herself to relax after the day's exertions (both expected and unexpected), and she is soon laughing with (and occasionally at) the antics of the courtesans as their thinly-veiled jockeying for position and favor with Muminofrah in a social echo of the chariot race itself.

Azkin smiles placatingly at those around him, but the young cleric's inexperience in high society and discomfort with the intrigues of politics both predispose him to a less entertaining evening at the dinner. He watches his mistress, smiling at her jokes and observations, but is frequently distracted by his brother's escalating antics. As Turi's efforts culminate in spilled drinks and (further) disheveled table decorations, the Sarenites share a meaningful glance and move as one to collect the roguish young man, returning him to his seat with rueful chuckles. Even in his inebriated state, however, Turi, recognizes the firm grip of the paladin's fingers on his shoulder, even as she continues to converse with the nearby courtiers.

Finally, as the revelries die out, Paladin and cleric alike shepherd Turi toward the inn. "Is he gonna be ok?" murmurs Azkin to his mistress, whose sudden laughter echoes off of the cobblestones in the dim early morning. "Oh, my young friend... he certainly may not be 'ok' in the morning," she chuckles, "but experience is how we learn. Perhaps he will master the drink rather than the reverse when next we sup with nobility."

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Thabat Pehta, their friendly innkeeper, mentions a rumor that Commander Abdallah's city watch as been unable to find any clue as to his whereabouts, to the great fury of Her Excellency Muminofrah of Sethis, and is apparently still hunting for the dark-robed assassin. "The crocodiles must have remained hungry", she concludes wryly.
    Lehasti blanches at the reminder of the... 'expedited' orders for justice laid down by Her Excellency, forgotten in the renewed search for further clues, but her relief is palpable at the implication that no innocent victim paid the ultimate price for Muminofrah's fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Finally, on the morning of Oathday, a breakthrough! Vershab gives a try to a new location, not far from the others. In an otherwise nondescript wall of a bathhouse, the combined efforts of Turi and Sabef locate a secret entrance.
    Lehasti grins broadly at the fruit borne of the combined efforts of her companions. "Well done, Vershab! And Sabef and Turi of the keen eyes!" She nods absent-mindedly at Vershab's recommendation of caution, watching intently as Turi manipulates the door and provides entry to the party.

Peering into the gloom, the paladin murmurs over her shoulder to Azkin, "A little light, Azkin?" The young cleric dutifully begins to pass out a Light orison to the various members of the party. Wordlessly, she gestures Turi to the fore.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Azkin will enchant as many weapons/objects as desired with Light, lasting 50 minutes. Lehasti will accept the casting on her weapon (Dex check for its enchantment today: (1d20+1)[14] and armor, and Azkin on his spear. I assume Turi does not want it, but anybody else is welcome to it.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

8. - Top - End - #668

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    Azkin, "A little light, Azkin?" The young cleric dutifully begins to pass out a Light orison to the various members of the party. Wordlessly, she gestures Turi to the fore.

Show
    Azkin will enchant as many weapons/objects as desired with Light, lasting 50 minutes. Lehasti will accept the casting on her weapon (Dex check for its enchantment today: [roll0] and armor, and Azkin on his spear. I assume Turi does not want it, but anybody else is welcome to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    You can only have one Light spell active at any one time.

"Can we ensure that this door can be opened from the inside, please? I do not fancy being buried alive down here, but I also do not like leaving it open behind us," says Vershab as he enters the tunnel.

Once the door has been addressed he continues, "Given our experiences so far, it is reasonable to expect that any guardians in this place of secret knowledge will be eternal - that is, either constructs or undead. Accordingly I have prepared a spell that will enable me to command undead that is guaranteed to work if the undead in question are mindless. If they prove intelligent, please allow me to attempt to parlay with them and encourage them to behave in favor of our efforts before attacking them," Vershab says, quietly to avoid being heard by any guardians ahead but still loudly enough for everyone in the party to hear. "Against constructs I plan to summon allies, hinder them by webbing or greasing the terrain, and empowering all of your combat strengths. However, constructs generally work on programmed commands, so if we encounter one, let's first attempt to disengage so that I can prepare spells specifically for such threats.

In the unlikely event that we encounter living opposition, I am prepared with a variety of magic to help us overcome, but feel free to engage as you will - especially if they look to be part of the cult or otherwise hostile to our quest...
    "

As he supplements Azkin's conjured light by casting a similar cantrip on a stone and handing it to Turi, the Ioun Torch rotating around Vershab's head lights up. "Turi, I will look for magical auras as we scout forward. Please advise me where to step to be quiet and avoid traps as we go. When you need to scout without being seen I will wait with the rest of the party...Shall we begin by inspecting this chest? It seems obvious that it will be a trap for unsuspecting trespassers..." The arcanist takes an unusual position beside the young man, his eyes glowing with silver light as he begins scanning for magical auras.

Spoiler: OoC Tactics
    Show
    Cast Detect Magic and start scanning the tunnel as the party moves forward.

Vershab will attempt to collect undead minions if we encounter them. He has several ways to do this, and I think it will dramatically help, strategically. Also, it will be entertaining to roleplay this, assuming it causes Lehasti and Azkin significant discomfort to utilize the restless dead this way.

Constructs (especially golems) are notoriously difficult to deal with as a caster. Vershab can significantly adjust his spells prepared, however, if we are able to give him time. If not, it's going to be summons, BFC, and buffs.

Vershab isn't trying to scout with Turi - he is just excited at finally making progress. Feel free to kick Vershab back to the middle of the party - and safety - FarmerBink.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Turi dutifully attends to the inside of the door, going so far as to explain the mechanism to Azkin and shut himself in to test his own hypotheses. Utterly uninterested in the morality of undeath (so long as it's not trying to kill him or his friends), he waits patiently while Lehasti and Vershab no doubt bicker about it, and scowls in confusion by Vershab's use of the term "we." "Uh, probably best you give me a bit of room," the youngster remarks. He wonders silently for a moment before adding, diplomatically, "Not meaning offense, but I'm pretty sure I'm sneakier than you."

He then crawls forward, having come to the same conclusion regarding the chest. He watches the walls, floor and ceiling, less curious about whether or not something is going to try to kill him than he is about where it's going to come from.

Spoiler: Exploration!
    Show
    (1d20+12)[32] perception
    if applicable: (1d20+10)[30] DD

10. - Top - End - #670

Turi immediately guesses not just the presence of a pit trap ahead, but the exact location of a hidden lever that locks it in place. With a confident smile, he steps forward - there's just a slight bend of the floor under his feet, but it holds.

Next, he takes a cursory look at the chest, and opens it without any difficulty: It is as innocuous as it is empty.

11. - Top - End - #671

NecromancerGuy

Vershab backs off and then silently applauds Turi's efforts to find the trap. He then watches the young man for a sign that the party can approach and move further into the chambers.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw," Turi pouts. "I'm not surprised, exactly, but still. That's just mean." After checking the bottom of the chest for some kind of hidden compartment, he gestures to his allies that it's safe and pads quietly forward- perhaps a bit unhappily.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala nodded at the plan for moving forward. Since no one seemed to want any spells from her just yet, she cast her own and proceeded to follow the others. When Turi disarmed the chest, Natala sent her invisible servant forward to root around the chest, just to see if there was anything of interest. "It would seem typical of these clever cavern creators to place an invisible key in a trapped chest for an unfound door …"

She also used her orisons to help scan for magic as they moved forward, splitting the area to sweep with Vershab.

Might as well use the servant where we can ...
    Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Weapon: +1 longspear (+8, 1d8+4), Ancestral Weapon (+1 magic weapon of choice from pantheon)
    Spells: (Unl) guidance, detect magic, create water, read magic, detect poison, stabilize, mending, ghost sound, mage hand / (7/8) cure light wounds, unseen servant, ray of sickening, divine favor, remove fear, bless, protection vs evil / (7) cure moderate wounds, levitate, minor image, spiritual weapon, burst of radiance, lesser restoration, spear of purity / (5) cure serious wounds, heroism, searing light, summon monster 3
    Key skills: Diplomacy +12; KS History/Religion +9; Sense Motive +8; Spellcraft +8; Heal +5; Linguistics +5; KS All others +4; Craft Weapons +6
    Effect: Spirit shield (+6 AC, 70 min); unseen servant (7hrs); Slippers (ignore difficult terrain)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-03-12 at 01:23 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674

Between Azkin's, Turi's, and Vershab's magical lighting, the party is more than well equipped enough to see that, just ahead, the corridor crosses another one, offering ways to progress to the left and right, as well as forward. Natala focuses her detection on this area, and determines the presence of an aura of abjuration.

15. - Top - End - #675

NecromancerGuy

When Natala directs the party's attention to a magic aura Vershab casts his own cantrip to inspect it too. "Abjuration - protection magic. This could trigger an alarm or incur any number of barriers to hinder us. Please give Natala and me a moment to closely examine it before proceeding..." he says as he concentrates on the aura.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Concentrate for as long as he discovers new things...
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+15)[18]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+15)[18]

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Turi glances around, having become familiar with this odd ritual. "Don't gotta tell me twice," he mutters quietly. He keeps one kukri in hand, just in case.

17. - Top - End - #677

Vershab is able to confirm the presence of an abjuration aura, but cannot unveil any further details about the spell or power than might have created it.

Spoiler: map
    Show

18. - Top - End - #678

NecromancerGuy

With a shake of his head Vershab says, "I can try and dispel it, or I could summon an ally and have them go in front. The dispel might be better used elsewhere, but if this is an alarm then it is worth it here. The summoned ally would be able to trip the alarm and then help us in the fight that would inevitably occur afterwards, but would last less than a minute. What do all of you think?"

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala, too, focused on the magic, trying to decipher what spell had been used. As Vershab spoke, she shrugged. "Ideally we would avoid conflict as much as possible, but I agree that having a summoned servant would be valuable in drawing out whatever defenses lay beyond.

Of course, if we miscalculate what spells the original castors used, we may be in trouble. Perhaps my invisible servant might be of use ..."

Religion - (1d20+9)[16], Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[24], Arcana - (1d20+4)[9]

We could use unseen servant to try and set off the alarm ... or mage hand ...

Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-03-12 at 01:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

Turi glances back and forth between the two magicians, speaking in hushed tones in this long-forgotten reliquary. "Either way, but we aughta step out, just in case. Nothing's gonna be alive down here, so I don't know how big a deal an alarm is going to be anyway? I vote for the summons or the servant." He slinks to the chest while he talks, taking up a position behind it so that he can watch the happenings and be ready to either use the chest as cover or get out of dodge, whichever seems more appropriate.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm hoping something like the total defense action could impart improved cover behind the chest? At any rate:
    (1d20+15)[26] stealth and
    (1d20+12)[21] perception (hearing only may apply?)

21. - Top - End - #681

NecromancerGuy

Vershab looks at Natala and gestures towards the abjuration aura. "Let's see if your invisible servant sets off the spell effect," he says as he readies himself to cast a spell of his own if an audible alarm sounds.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I don't think it worthwhile to ready an action to cast a spell, but Vershab will be ready to react to anything that happens when/if the aura is triggered.

22. - Top - End - #682

Natala sends her invisible servant forward to explore. Nothing happens. However, as soon as Turi steps over the crossroads in the corridor ahead, a loud BoooonnnGGG! sound resonates throughout, its echoes filling the area, the entry chamber, and most likely, much beyond.

23. - Top - End - #683

NecromancerGuy

With a disappointed look Vershab mutters, "An alarm spell, much as I suspected. Perhaps the ancient nature of the spell disguised its purpose...such spells aren't uncommon...We should assume that any defenders know we are here and be cautious. Depending upon their intelligence or programming they may be waiting to ambush us." He then takes a position near the back of the party while he continues to scan for magical auras as they creep forward.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Given our experiences so far, it is reasonable to expect that any guardians in this place of secret knowledge will be eternal - that is, either constructs or undead. Accordingly I have prepared a spell that will enable me to command undead that is guaranteed to work if the undead in question are mindless. If they prove intelligent, please allow me to attempt to parlay with them and encourage them to behave in favor of our efforts before attacking them."
    Azkin gives an uncomfortable sidelong look to his mistress... Lehasti notes the look with narrowed eyes, giving an almost imperceptible, tight-lipped nod to the young cleric before turning to regard the arcanist with only a hint of concern playing about the corners of her eyes.

Lehasti grins broadly as Turi disarms the first of many dangers, silently holding a clenched fist upward in a gesture of triumph! At Natala and Vershab's warning, the paladin pauses mid-step, and looks about for any unseen avenues from which an attack might come as the options are considered. She grimaces at the sudden audible indication of their presence as Turi enters the crossway, however. "Well, the good news may be that subtlety is no longer a productive approach..." she murmurs wryly into the dusty corridor. "To that end, Turi, I suggest that you lead with your keen eyes, but that I follow closely on your heels should trouble find us."

Making good on her suggestion, the paladin steps forward to follow in the young man's footsteps, tensing as she crosses the same magical threshold that so recently broke the halls' deathly silence.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2020-11-01 at 09:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Turi nods, the playfulness vanishing from his face in light of the grim seriousness of their peril. "Good enough for me. I'll still split if things get too dicey."

He looks to the sides and forward at the crossroads, careful to keep himself out of a potential crossfire before opting to follow the left wall. "One bite at a time..." he mutters, as he begins to carefully prowl forward.

Show
    Turi will continue attempting stealth. Know "we" are [in the dungeon] is very different than knowing where "he" is standing.
    (1d20+15)[33] stealth
    (1d20+12)[31] perception

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lehasti adjusts her grip on the flaming falchion that has become her weapon of choice, and gingerly steps forward, staying a few paces behind the virtually silent rogue.

27. - Top - End - #687

As soon as Turi turns the corner, he hears something ahead. It sounds like someone marching, at a very orderly pace, clad in heavy, metallic armor. In fact, on second thought, Turi thinks there are two persons marching in that way, in the corridor ahead of him.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2020-11-04 at 09:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Turi stops suddenly, and then quickly retreats. "Company! Incoming!" he whispers, as he ducks down another hallway.

Show
    Still doing the stealth thing, Turi will move into the southern part of the cross, D7, gesturing Lehasti to go back to D5 or over to C6.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With narrowed eyes, Lehasti nods at the advancing rogue, stepping up to the intersection. Beckoning Azkin to take a position behind her, the paladin raises her blade for a savage strike at the first apparent foe.

Azkin, for his part, steps into position behind his mistress, murmuring a supplication to their shared deity; the members of the party feel the Dawnflower's fiery courage bolster their resolve, and somehow the suffocating darkness that dominates the halls seems to lessen.

Show
    Azkin casts Bless: +1 attack, +1 morale vs fear (not stacking with Lehasti's Aura of Courage).

Lehasti's readied attack, which does not include flanking but does include power attack:
    Attack: (1d20+13)[33]
    CC: (1d20+13)[19] for x2 on 21+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[20] slashing plus (1d6)[1] fire
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[19] slashing

Spoiler: AoO, if applicable
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[15]
    CC: (1d20+13)[14] for x2 on 21+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[18] slashing plus (1d6)[6] fire
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[22] slashing

Azkin's readied attack, which also does not include flanking and also does not suffer from "soft cover" per his feat:
    Attack: (1d20+6)[18]
    CC: (1d20+6)[7] for x3 on 26
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+6)[9] piercing

Spoiler: Azkin's AoOs, if applicable
    Show
    Up to 3 of them:

Attack: (1d20+6)[8]
    CC: (1d20+6)[23] for x3 on 26
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+6)[12] piercing

Attack: (1d20+6)[26]
    CC: (1d20+6)[21] for x3 on 26
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+6)[19] piercing

Attack: (1d20+6)[8]
    CC: (1d20+6)[9] for x3 on 26
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+6)[15] piercing

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Spoiler: Lehasti
    Show
    Lehasti Gesmeha
    F LG Human Paladin, Level 7, Init 1, HP 85/85, Speed 30
    AC 23, Touch 15, Flat-footed 18, CMD 27, Fort 12, Ref 7, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 7
    +1/Flaming/Flaming Burst, Continual Flame Flaming Puzzle Falchion +1 +14 (2d4+7, 18-20, x2)
    Flail, Heavy +11 (1d10+6, 19-20, x2)
    Spiked Gauntlet +11 (1d4+4, )
    Breastplate +1 (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 16
    Condition Falchion is +1, Flaming today
    Bless: +1 atk, saves vs fear. 50 rds
    Spoiler: Azkin
    Show
    Azkin
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 5, Init 2, HP 49/49, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 9, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Longspear 5 (1d8+3, x3)
    Dagger +1 6 (1d4+3, 19-20, x2)
    Scimitar 5 (1d6+2, 18-20, x2)
    Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 10
    Condition Bless: +1 atk, saves vs fear. 50 rds

30. - Top - End - #690

Turi withdraws into the corridor ahead. In doing so, he notices two things. First, a number of soft lights appear ahead of him as he steps into the corridor to the south: He's evidently on the threshold of a room, where those lights suddenly came in existence. Several desks piled with scrolls and codices sit in this chamber, and more documents are stacked in shelves all along the walls. Second, the sounds of two armored creatures marching come from different directions: One in the corridor he just left, and the other beyond the far exit of the room he just discovered.

In the glow of his spinning magical light, Vershab sees the source of this noise: It is a man-shaped, metal machine, with cogs and gears apparent in its articulations. It marches forward, carrying a gleaming halberd in its steel hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Azkin (1d20+2)[15]
    Lehasti (1d20+1)[12]
    Natala (1d20+8)[9]
    Turi (1d20+5)[21]
    Vershab (1d20+12)[19]

Creatures (1d20+6)[9]

Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2020-11-06 at 10:12 AM.