New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Free Stuff: The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I just got a promotional email from Humble Bundle saying that LEGO: Lord of the Rings is free. I have not verified how accurate this is, nor how many strings come attached, but I'd guess signing up to their newsletter might be the extent of it, given prior similar promotions.

Grey Wolf
    I can verify that if you sign up for the newsletter you get a steam key. Don't seem to be any other strings. The caveat is that if you currently are subscribed to their newsletter, then you need to unsubscribe before you can subscribe and get the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I can verify that if you sign up for the newsletter you get a steam key. Don't seem to be any other strings. The caveat is that if you currently are subscribed to their newsletter, then you need to unsubscribe before you can subscribe and get the game.
    I'm subscribed to them and didn't need to unsunscribe to get my free Lego game. They regularly release free games like that and I can just grab them with no strings attached besides being signed to their newsletter.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2018-12-20 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

3. - Top - End - #93

Griffon

GoG.com are giving away existential horror game SOMA until December 30th (46 hours from the time of posting). All you need to do is make a (free) account and then click on the banner which is HERE.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Humble Bundle is giving away BOTH lego Hobbit and LotR now, interestingly.
    Though for some reason I ended up with a spare copy of Hobbit. Maybe due to the LotR thing last week?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Humble Bundle giving out A Story About My Uncle now.
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

A Story About my Uncle is also free on Steam for the weekend.

Why does it seem weird for a game to be free from multiple sources at once? Hmm.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh... funky. Is there another game from the developer coming out or something maybe?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    A Story About my Uncle is also free on Steam for the weekend.

Why does it seem weird for a game to be free from multiple sources at once? Hmm.
    Do you actually have to install the game to keep it or is registering it to my account enough?

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Do you actually have to install the game to keep it or is registering it to my account enough?
    You do not have to install a steam game to have purchased it. If you got an email thanking you for the purchase, it is yours.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

10. - Top - End - #100
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Free to the first person!

I bought a copy of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition (NOT Enhanced Edition) a year ago for my brother in law. He has never collected it. Well, the statute of limitations is over. If you want it, the first person to use the gift code below gets it for free.

78658-5242B-14C6D-51899

One copy only, so first come, first served!
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Redeem Distraint Deluxe Edition free on gog for the next 48 hours or so.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Deponia: the complete Journey free on Humble Bundle.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure if they count since they're not free to keep, but the Endless series (Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Legend) are on a free weekend. Endless Space is a worse Stellaris and Dungeon of the Endless is a game I can take or leave, but Endless Legend is hands down my favorite 4x game I've ever played, so I encourage people to check it out. A weekend is at least long enough for you to figure out if you like it or not.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't think limited-time demos count as proper free games, no. Steam does some of those every weekend basically and nobody posts them here.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Anno 1602 is free on the UPlay store for the next couple of days. Amazing game for people who enjoy building complex cities and economies.
    MAN that takes me back. That was one of the first games I ever played. I must have played that nonstop for months.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Not sure if they count since they're not free to keep, but the Endless series (Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Legend) are on a free weekend. Endless Space is a worse Stellaris and Dungeon of the Endless is a game I can take or leave, but Endless Legend is hands down my favorite 4x game I've ever played, so I encourage people to check it out. A weekend is at least long enough for you to figure out if you like it or not.
    Hmmm, that seems like a good enough recommendation as any, let's give Endless Legend a try... so far it's like a fantasy mod for Civ... wait, why is it 4:30am?

My hatred for you is only matched by my obssessive compulsion to press that blasted End Turn button...

18. - Top - End - #108

Kholat is free on Steam.

I have no idea what it is and I’ll probably never play it, but the store page says it’s narrated by Sean Bean, which intrigues me *just* enough to add it to my library.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Axiom Verge free on Epic Games store for some time.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Colossus in the Playground

I got a free copy of Portal 2 on steam because someone gifted me the board game. I already have the game, so first come first serve:
    T6P09-HXGHH-XH27T
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #111

Griffon

Seems like someone has already renewed that key and not mentioned it, but thank you for offering it Eldan.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Free Stuff: The Thread

For everyone with the Xbox Live membership, here's all the free stuff you can try out during this month!

Free Games on Xbox Live for March - Source!

Enjoy your experience, cheers, and much love! <3

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Tacoma is free on the Humble Bundle site, if you subscribe to their newsletter (or if you're already a subscriber)
    Tacoma
    Last edited by GolemsVoice; 2019-03-23 at 10:08 AM.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

24. - Top - End - #114

Griffon

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is free TODAY ONLY (25/03/2019) for anyone who has a free Bethesda account.

Apparently I have such a thing, but I'll be damned if I can remember the password and it's taking an age to authenticate a new one so you may wish to be patient with this one....

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is free TODAY ONLY (25/03/2019) for anyone who has a free Bethesda account.

Apparently I have such a thing, but I'll be damned if I can remember the password and it's taking an age to authenticate a new one so you may wish to be patient with this one....
    Correction: this offer is available through March 31st.

26. - Top - End - #116

Griffon

It was correct at the time of writing, but it turns out that there was a problem with the redirect/client/something or other that wasn't acknowledging the game as "paid for".... Or something like that. In any event, it should be fixed now and available all week as an apology.

27. - Top - End - #117

I've got a Steam coupon for 66% off Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation, for some reason. PM me if you're interested, I guess? It expires on the 18th.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Assassin's Creed Unity is free for the next week, in honor of the Notre Dame.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-04-18 at 03:17 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Transistor is free on Epic Game store for a bit.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

30. - Top - End - #120

Griffon

GoG.com is celebrating its 5th anniversary this week, so to celebrate they have released a point and click adventure/interactive novel Flight of the Amazon Queen for free.

There doesn't seem to be an expiration date for the offer, but given it's the start of an anniversary I would expect its for the rest of the week, and there might be more stuff coming out with it, so keep checking back.