New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker in the Forgotten Realms [IC thread]

Korlann nods at Oleg's comment towards Kuros, understanding the man's desire to see his wife safe. As the conversation finishes, he joins the others in heading towards their beds, noting the various posters on the wall - the bandits are already being addressed, but perhaps they'll be able to work on the other issues as well. "One battle at a time," he mutters, more to himself than anyone else, before retiring for the night.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

“Thank you, Ma'am.” Three nodded to Svetlana, and then looked at the rest of her party, “Alright then. Everyone, have a nice night. I'll let you know how the scroll came out in the morning.”
    The Warforged walked to the bench closest to the wall and pulled it away from its table. Three preferred to work standing. She placed her backpack on the ground next to her and dug through it, occasionally pulling out an object and placing it on the table. By the time she had turned her corner of the table into a makeshift workbench, Svetlana had lit the firepit and left enough extra wood to last through the night. Svetlana and her husband seemed like nice enough people, and Three was happy to help them. Still, she was nervous.
    In front of her, a blank scroll was laid on the table. To the right of the scroll laid the The Magic Item Compendium, V3.5, her oldest possession. To the left of the scroll was her pouch of spell components. She leaned over them and rapidly tapped her four fingers on the table. Feeling too anxious to scribe just yet, Three decided to pray.
    Putting the palms of her hands over her eyeholes, the closest she could come to closing her eyes, Three spoke to the God of Crafts, “Gond, Lord of All Smiths and Holy Maker of All Things: tonight I must create a scroll to better combat my enemies, who have come to steal from and harass two innocent people. Please help me to not disappoint you.” It wasn't much of a prayer, but it was enough to calm Three's nerves- or, at least, calm whatever she has that passes for nerves. Besides, Gond preferred actions to words. She'll let the quality of her scroll speak for her.
    Three opened The Magic Item Compendium to the section on creating novice illusion items- she'd start there, and work her way through the book as necessary. Her right hand grasped a quill and her left hand searched her pouch for the spell's material component, finally pulling out a small amount of fleece. Three's eyes' blue glows were interrupted by intermittent flashes of purple as she recited the words of power that fueled Silent Image. She clenched her hand and felt magic pulse into the fleece, which burned to ash. She loosened her grip, spread the ashes over her scroll, and began to write.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Roll to create the Silent Image scroll: (1d20+8)[23]
    Roll that artificers get to make if they are on the last day of creating an item but haven't succeed: (1d20+8)[26]
    If either one of these results in a 21 or higher, the scroll is created.
    Bonus of +8 from four ranks in Use Magic Device, a Charisma modifier of two, and the masterwork UMD tool.
    Regardless of whether or not the scroll was created, it costs 1XP (paid for by the Craft Reserve class feature), 9GP, 37SP, 50CP

Spoiler: Cost Breakdown
    Show
    Magic Item Creation Guidelines
    XP
    Base Price of item = 25GP (25 X 1 spell level X 1 caster level)
    After Legendary Artisan = 18GP, 75SP
    Divide by twenty-five = 75SP, round up to 1GP, then convert to XP.
    Money
    Base Price of item = 25GP (25 X 1 spell level X 1 caster level)
    After Extraordinary Artisan benefit = 18GP, 75SP
    Divide by two = 9GP, 37SP, 50CP

Three has 19/20 Craft Reserve and 90GP, 62SP, 50CP remaining.
    … Assuming I didn't screw the math up. I never had a head for numbers.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh had arisen before the sun had broken the horizon to listen to Gruumsh One Ear’s words for the day. They consisted primarily of “kill the bandits”, which gave the half-orc a warm and fuzzy feeling. After a hurried meal of whatever was available, he gathered his armor, shield drum, and trusted black mace and made himself ready.

In a way that he couldn’t adequately verbalize, Dergosh disliked this plan of scattering his tribe members before a battle. He knew intuitively that there was strength in numbers, and not even being able to see his comrades felt like an over complication (though a lot of things seemed overly complicated to him). Would the even be able to hear Gruumsh’s great blessing? Dergosh decided he’d have to be extra loud to be sure that they did.

And hiding…the cleric shook his head as he thought about it. It felt like weakness. Dergosh would like to meet the bandits at the gate and blast their ears until they bled, by his tribe had other ideas, so he would play along. No matter; Dergosh expected to have a new coating of blood for his mace before lunch time.

Spoiler
    Show
    No change to the previously posted prepared spell list
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2018-05-14 at 07:36 AM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 15)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruk made his way to the sleeping quarters. He felt slightly uneasy when exposed to hospitality, but he appreciated it all the same.
    He looked over the posters as he passed them, and stopped to squint at the one with a kobold pictured on it.
    He stood for a good while looking at it.
    He finally made his way to bed, but he just laid there staring at the ceiling.
    When Ruk was sure that the others were asleep, he climbed out of bed and padded over to the spot where Three was preparing to craft her scroll.
    "That paper with the Kobold on it... what does it say?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

5. - Top - End - #65

"Hello, Ruk." Three nodded at the Kobold and stopped rummaging through her bag, "It says that a group of Kobolds has been causing issues in the Greenbelt, though it doesn't get into specifics. An eight-hundred gold reward is being offered to anyone who either makes peace with them or kills them off." She paused for a moment, worried that she came off as callous, "I assume you would prefer the former option?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruk sighed quietly.
    "Ah. I see. This land seems no different than the one I hail from. My people fight for scraps and are eradicated for it... We need stability. Strength."
    He glanced again at the posters on the wall, a feeling of hopelessness and sadness washed over him, and showed on his face briefly, but was quickly replaced with silent resolve.
    "However, I know of no nations without scribes and bureaucrats. Three, would you be able to teach me to read? I know time is not something we have at the moment, but for the future..."
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.

7. - Top - End - #67

"Oh," Three was nonplussed. Reading lessons were not what she expected Ruk to lead into when he started this conversation, but she didn't mind. She nodded her head enthusiastically, "Of course, Ruk. We'll find time after the bandits are dealt with. Maybe when we travel I can have someone else direct the mules, and you and I can sit in the wagon working on it."
    Three hesitated before leading the conversation back to the Kobolds. She did not have a Nation, and her people- the Warforged- were a disunified, motley lot. These things did not bother her. But Ruk's pain at the oppression of his race made her glad she did not have these ties. She didn't have enough experience in these matters to know how he felt, but she tried to come off as sympathetic regardless, "On the Kobold band... perhaps you should bring up your concerns to the rest of our group after the fight tommorow. The band is made up of your people, I'll support what you decide on regarding them."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Oleg's Trading Post, Southernmost Emmerock, the Border Kingdoms
    Dawn, First of Kythorn, Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR)

They came on an hour after dawn, as the Levetons said they would. There were only five of them, on horseback, black figures in the distance when Three first caught sight of them from the tower. She stood still, watching them for a long moment, knowing that at this distance they had no chance of seeing her. Five – but seven horses, two unsaddled. Two to bear the booty away, something suggested to Three. The plains made truth of their numbers, and they came on without bothering to conceal themselves, riding at an amiable pace, straight in their saddles. Even from this distance she could hear the roll of their hooves, with the wind behind them out of the south.

Three caught some movement out of the corner of her eye: she looked down into the yard to see Oleg kiss his wife and then jog to join Kuros by the open, right hand gate. She was across the yard in moments and Three did not miss the clunk of the house’s locking bar falling into place. Oleg shifted his belt, wiped a palm across his face. He had Three’s dagger at his belt, though he didn’t look like he was very likely to use it. All the other members of the group were prepared and as ready as they ever would be, from Korlann's silent meditation in the hours just after dawn to Dergosh's prayers to his god.

They came. Three slowly crouched below the top of the palisade, moving down to hide, stilling herself as far as she could, trying to blend in with the rotting beams of the catapult next to her. This was the most dangerous part of the plan; if they saw her atop the battlement as they rode in she’d likely be their first target, what with everyone else behind doors or pelts. Gakan and Ruk didn’t seem to be bothered by their state underneath animal skins; she could hardly see them even knowing they were in the storage pen at all.

And the bandits came on, bold as brass, thundering in through the open gateway. All of them were swarthy, dirty men; but still, not much traildust on them, and their horses, which were already wandering to the tables nearby, didn't look ridden heavy at all.

They rode into the market yard up to the storage pen, dismounting quickly. One of the men was hooded and already had his bow off his back. "Oleg!" he called, and the braying, mocking tone was all the identification the party members could want; he had to be the woman’s second-in-charge, the one who’d been here all the other times but the first. "Oleg, you're late up, old friend! You still got your pipe in that woman of yours? Save some for us!“

A chorus of snorts and guffaws answered him from the men. Behind the rightmost gate, Kuros felt Oleg tense with the words, but the big man to his credit didn't make a sound, and stayed where he was, sweat pouring down his face.

The bowman grinned and nodded at the storage pen, and his four underlings set to work, two of them ambling into the pen and starting to pick up random pelts around them while the others worked on getting the pack horses prepared.

Three realised this had to be the moment. She pulled out the scroll of Silent Image she had put together last night. She had already enchanted her crossbow with its magic making it more dangerous to humans. The scroll's magic had flared to life in the early hours of the morning (to an accompaniment of fairly throaty snoring audible through the wall of the guesthouse.) And now the most dangerous part of all – because whatever Gond Wonderbringer’s blessings, he hadn’t given her the gift of building a scroll that could be spoken in silence. She began to speak the words. The inscriptions on the scroll began to fade and disappear, and Three knew the incantation was working.

In the yard, most of the bandits had taken no notice. They were hauling stuff out of the storage pen.

But the bowman who’d shouted for Oleg a moment before did.
    His head snapped around, looking for the source of the chanting he could hear.
    And he saw Three.

His eyes widened, mouth opening in sudden shock. Svetlana hadn’t been perturbed by the sight of a warforged, perhaps because of the overall makeup of the party was already fairly wondrous, perhaps because something of her past had accustomed her to simple manners. The bowman was not so cosmopolitan.
    What the Hells is that?” he screamed.

And it began.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Right, a map of the situation:

Spoiler: Tactical map
    Show

Initiative rolls (done offline and then ordered into place – trust me :) -- also includes the enemy though they don’t get to act this round.)

Dergosh: 1d20+10 – 23
    Gakan: 1d20+4 -- 21
    Three: 1d20+9 – 19
    Ruk: 1d20+0 – 18
    Kuros: 1d20+4 – 12
    Korlann: 1d20+3 – 5
    Bandits: 1d20-8 -- -3

Few other things:

(1) You achieved surprise on them, so though I’ve rolled for the enemy initiative, they don’t get to act this round. And because they’re surprised, they’re also flatfooted to you. The bowman doesn’t get to act this round because he’s momentarily paralysed by the sight of a warforged, which he never has seen before.
    (2) Three’s spellcasting is completed, so the Silent Image is in place. Because that image is exactly the same as what was there a moment ago – Kuros and Oleg haven’t acted yet – the bandits haven’t noticed the illusion yet.
    (3) Yeah, I know the bowman doesn’t look like he should be able to see Three. Assume he can, i.e. there’s line of effect back and forth between the two because of the way the roof angles there.
    (4) Kicking open the stable door to allow Dergosh and/or Korlann to move through it can be made part of a move action, costs you 5 feet of movement.
    (5) Ruk and Gakan’s Hide checks are good, obviously.
    (6) Horses are omitted for ease of reference; you can assume they're not combatants and are out of reach of the bandits. It'll take at least a move action for a bandit to reach a horse, much less mount it. They don’t block line of effect or provide cover.
    (7) You don’t have to post in order of initiative; I can take your actions and resolve them unless someone does something massively round-altering that changes results.

9. - Top - End - #69

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh always enjoyed the screaming of his enemies, though he preferred when it was from them dying or fleeing in terror. In this case, it only served to trigger the half-orc into action. He knew vaguely that his clan mates were supposed to start the attack, but he was already lurching into action before Korlann moved.

Blasting open the door with his shoulder, Dergosh stormed into the courtyard, waving his blackened mace overhead and bellowing.

“THE POWER OF THE ONE EAR BE WITH THE WOLFTOOTH TRIBE!” he screamed, extra loud to make sure all his orc allies could hear him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dergosh will move to approximately space O12. Not sure exactly where the visible bandit is, he obviously won’t close with him. Casting bless to give allies within 50’ a +1 bonus to attack rolls. Let’s hope the half-orc cleric lives long enough to heal wounds later.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Dergosh
    Show
    So if I understand it right Dergosh isn't closing on the bowman, who is the 'visible bandit'? In that case I'd suggest he moves to N12 - that also means his Bless spell misses Three by about 10 feet or so but gets all other allies.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros lays a hand on Oleg's shoulder when the man flinches at the bandit's crass language. Once the man turns and shouts at discovering Three, Kuros silently nods to Oleg and reaches down to pick up the Wanderwood bar.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Muscles don't fail me now: (1d20+5)[10] Strength Check
    Assuming that succeeds, Kuros will follow behind Oleg after he closes the gate.

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler: RE: Dergosh
    Show
    For what it's worth, I don't mind if Bless misses Three. She can't attack for a couple of turns anyway, and has a larger bonus from her infused crossbow for when she can attack.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

At Dergosh's bellow, Korlann springs forward, his spines folding outward as he swipes at the bowman.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charge to P12 and attack the bowman.
    Hit: (1d20+7)[8], Crit on 20 (Factors in +1 from Bless, +2 from charge)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Slashing, x2 on Crit
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruk bursts out of the furs and throws a flask of acid at Bandit 2.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13] touch attack. 1d6 Base + 1d6 Sneak Attack acid damage.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Woops double post but forgot damage
    (2d6)[10]

16. - Top - End - #76

"Well that could have gone better," the Warforged muttered after her spell was heard by the bandit. Three could still feel the spell pumping through her body, trying to escape. Keeping it within her was going to take most of her concentration.
    Still, she couldn't help from screwing with the yelling bandit. He's been very rude, and deserved worse than what she can currently offer him. She waved a two-fingered hand while yelling something back at him, "Hello! My name is Three of Three, and you're going to have a very bad day!" Then, hoping to avoid being struck with arrows while holding up her illusion for Kuros and Oleg, Three laid down on the tower.
    Show
    Standard action: Concentrating on the spell.
    Free: Dropping prone.

17. - Top - End - #77

Damn it. Just once, could a plan work? At least the bandits had taken long enough that they were more or less in position. Gakan had had a few funny looks about his insistence that he was fine without a weapon. Time to show them why.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

(1d20+4)[5] to hit
    (1d3+1)[2] + (1d6)[4] damage

He burst from concealment, claws at the ready... and his thrice damned depth perception caused him to completely miss him, charging straight past. Well. If nothing else, that was his reputation as an idiot sorted.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Gakan moves two spaces down. I am aware Im provoking. Damn natural 1s.
    Last edited by kjelfalconer; 2018-05-15 at 03:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

They came boiling out of everywhere. The stable door crashed open and two nightmares came thundering out, one screaming praises to a god at the top of his lungs, and the other a silent, spiked, whirling menace that charged at the bowman. Some hunter’s instincts made the bowman flinch, and the blow of sharp spines intended for the man’s neck only slashed at air.

In the storage pen, the pelts and boxes and trade goods suddenly came alive. A great, snarling man-cat erupted from a pile of pelts slashed at the bandit with shining claws, though the bandit stumbled backwards, away from the killing blow. Gakan sprang past him towards the front of the storage pen. The other bandit, horrified, caught a glimpse of motion out of the corner of his eye. He turned toward it just as a full flask of kobold-brewed acid crashed open across the bridge of his nose. A dreadful acrid-and-meaty smell went up, and the man’s scream was drowned out by the sickening sizzle of the liquid as it rapidly ate through skin, flesh, and bone. The man’s pain did not last long. The horses screamed for him after that.

One of the remaining bandits had soiled himself and had frozen in place even as Dergosh came thundering towards him. The other was screaming in fear, looking around at the creatures that had ambushed them: “Monsters! We’re in a monster lair!
    The bowman shook himself, pushing away the fear…

…and did not see the six-armed warrior half-carry, half-drag the locking beam across to the gate of the trading post. Oleg was already scrambling to pull the gates shut. A few more seconds and the beam would be down and in place.

Show

Updated map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bandit 2 down and dying.
    Gakan doesn’t draw an attack of opportunity because it’s still a surprise round – the bandits aren’t taking any actions and haven’t pulled weapons yet anyway, apart from the bowman who has his longbow in hand. Please ignore the barbershop border around his token and other bits and pieces left over, I was in a hurry.
    Kuros and Oleg are now in position. STR check was fine, gates are closing, one more full-round action and the place will be locked down. No need for Move Silently checks, the enemy is completely distracted right now and hasn't seen through the illusion anyway.
    We’re into the next round. This one isn't a surprise round, but your enemies still haven’t acted and are therefore still flatfooted until they take an action. Initiative order again for clarity:

Dergosh: 1d20+10 – 23
    Gakan: 1d20+4 -- 21
    Three: 1d20+9 – 19
    Ruk: 1d20+0 – 18
    Kuros: 1d20+4 – 12
    Korlann: 1d20+3 – 5
    Bandits: 1d20-8 -- -3

19. - Top - End - #79

Hoping to redeem himself at least slightly, Gakan whirls, going for a second strike before the bandit can work out what in the nine hells is going on.

Show

(1d20+4)[18] to hit
    (1d3+1)[2] + (1d6)[1] damage

20. - Top - End - #80

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Spoiler: Dergosh
    Show
    So if I understand it right Dergosh isn't closing on the bowman, who is the 'visible bandit'? In that case I'd suggest he moves to N12 - that also means his Bless spell misses Three by about 10 feet or so but gets all other allies.
    The cleric gathered in another mouth full of air and screamed at the nearest bandit, “SURRENDER!” glaring at him with battle zeal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Somehow I didn’t realize that there were three bandits still in the courtyard or I would have positioned a bit more accurately. But no worries. If bandit 3 appears to still be unable to react, Dergosh screams a command (DC 15 Will save) in his face. Otherwise he steps to space O11 and does the same.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2018-05-15 at 08:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

While happy to see his alchemical concotion do it's job, Ruk looks over to see his partner having issues with the other Bandit.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show

Ruk moves to J14 for the flank and attacks with a claw. (1d20+4)[24] +1 size +1 Bless +2 Flank.
    (1d3)[1] plus SA (1d6)[6]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros wrestles the lock bar into place and nods to Oleg in thanks for his help before turning to see how the battle is going.

Show
    Finishing the Full-Round action needed to get the gates locked, next round I'll join the fun.

23. - Top - End - #83

"Oleg, get to cover!" In a few more seconds, the man would hopefully be out of harm's way, and Three could join the battle properly. She slowly reached for her crossbow while maintaining her spell, confident that she'll have the opportunity to use it soon.
    Show
    Standard action: concentrating on Silent Image
    Move action: drawing her crossbow

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tch..." Korlann scoffs as he shifts, attempting to stagger his foe with a quick swipe of his spines at the head before spinning and lashing his leg out in a kick, the spines on the back unfurled to slice at the bowman. "The things you scum do, and you have the nerve to call us monsters..." he says, a cold edge to his tone.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Flurry of Blows on the Bowman.
    Attack 1 - Using Stunning Fist
    Hit: (1d20+3)[12], Crit on 20
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9] Slashing, x2 on Crit, Successful hit requires target to make DC 13 Fort Save or be Stunned for 1 round (notable is that if this first attack hits, the victim gets -2 AC in addition to losing their Dex bonus).

Attack 2
    Hit: (1d20+3)[20], Crit on 20
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Slashing, x2 on Crit
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The bandit before Dergosh paled even more than it already had, and sank to its knees, wetting its pants even further in a small yellow puddle it had already generated. "Please," the bandit said, eyes wide, "I yield! I yield! Don't kill me!"

Such mercy was not given to the other bandit in the storage pen, who grunted as Gakan's claws ripped his arm and then gave a final gurgle as Ruk slashed a claw up and under the surcoat of his leather armour, kobold claws finding flesh and entrails. The bandit fell amid the screaming of horses off amongst the tables.

Even taken by surprise, the bowman was appallingly quick. He managed to dodge Korlann's first blow, eyes narrowing as he finally found his balance.
    He didn't dodge the second. Korlann's leg came up in a perfect-form Oshii Hadar kick to the bowman's head, sending an audible crack echoing across the yard. Face splashed with his own blood, the bowman's eyes crossed and he fell.

The last bandit had enough. Dropping the pelt he was holding, the man ran for the gateway, legs pumping with adrenalin born of fear. His eyes had become saucers, and he was screaming again and again: "Monsters! Monsters! Monsters!" The open gate was before him. He just needed to get a few more yards--

He ran full tilt into something invisible, and collapsed backwards from the impact.
    Three's spell dropped away.
    A six-armed warrior was towering over the bandit, with muscles like tree branches and weapons coming to every hand like something out of a nightmare.
    He screamed in fear, covering his face with his arms.

Kuros caught movement from his right. Oleg was stalking toward the cowering bandit, pulling Three's dagger from its sheath on his belt. The big man was still sweating, but the rage on his face was open and clear. He was shouting, brandishing the dagger. "Threaten to violate my wife, will you! Swine! You want to know what pipe I've got, here's a pipe for you--"

Show
    Congrats, guys, that's all for tactical time. Bandit 3 would stay surrendered outside the 1 round Command period. Bandit 4 can be considered to have surrendered.
    Korlann's stunning fist missed, so it's still expended for the day, but his critical on the second blow is enough to send the bowman to 0 hitpoints, i.e. disabled but not dying yet.
    Sorry Kuros didn't get to throw any punches, but hopefully appearing out of thin air like Thanos and scaring the hell out of a weedy bandit makes up for it. (He's also in range to restrain Oleg if he wants to - no rolls needed for this, it's probably shameful to suggest a six armed guy with a Grapple mod in the teens should even have to roll in these circumstances :) )

In terms of XP: each person gets 256 XP. This is for four bandits, the bowman at 400 XP total, and oddly enough you apparently get 600 XP for the horses they rode in on as well. No need to murderbot everyone, though if you're going to keep the bowman alive he'll need a Heal check or some other form of magical intervention. Good job guys, not a mark on any of you!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

After he and Gakan dispatched the bandits in the storage pen, Ruk noticed that the sounds of chaos had mostly died away. The horses still screamed, but there were no voices of challenge or clash of weapons.
    That was quick.
    He wiped the blood and gristle off of his claw - realizing he'd have to apply a new layer of paint to that hand - and walked out into the main yard. He spotted the two surrendered bandits and the unconscious bowman.
    He pointed to the second in command, "Does anyone have rope? We should probably tie him up."
    He glanced back at the other surviving bandits.
    "Is there any use keeping these fools alive?"
    His voice was cold, but there was no indication of bloodlust, simply unfeeling pragmatism.
    He saw Oleg move towards one with Three's knife and raised an eyebrow (or whatever equivalent kobolds have) but made no move to stop him.
    Last edited by Zombulian; 2018-05-16 at 02:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros sheathes his weapons and scowls at the bandit and spits out, "I am not the monster here. You are. There is a reward for slaying you and everything."

Kuros then reaches out his arms to restrain a man, but, instead of the fuming Oleg, Kuros grasps the bandit and let's Oleg work out his months of frustration, anger, and fear.

28. - Top - End - #88

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh glared around the courtyard, disgusted. He spit just in front of the cowering bandit. “Pah! Seen new hatched goblins put up more fight.” He went over and gave the bowman enough of a kick to roll him over on his back and then looked to Oleg. “Where a good place to hang them by their entrails? Up on tower, or maybe nailed to front gate?”

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Oleg wasn't listening. He was screaming, a long, wordless cry of rage as he plunged the dagger again and again into the bandit that Kuros was holding.
    It was wet, and crimson, and punctuated by dreadful sounds, but did not last long.
    Then the big man was slowly getting to his feet. His scream had disappeared into gasping for breath, deep exhalations of a man well out of shape and never accustomed to such anger. Oleg stumbled across to the wall of the guesthouse, and all but collapsed against it. He did not cry; or shudder; or vomit. He simply sat staring at the ground in front of him, an empty expression on his face, hands limp in his lap.

"Ye murdering filth!" The bandit at Dergosh's feet had a horrified look on his dust-covered face. The horses were quieting now, still throwing their heads back, but no longer whinnying or screaming. "'E was a boy! Sixteen summers -- Geran was just tall f'r his age, ye stinkin' moneylover!" The bandit loosed a gobbet of black spit in Kuros's direction.
    The six-armed warrior glanced at the pitiful, twisted, riven shape on the ground before him. Beneath the blood and the grime, the bandit's limbs now did seem rather less developed than he had first appreciated. And the bandit's face had rather more youth to it than was originally apparent, even in death.

There was a clunk from the house, then a groan of unoiled hinges as Svetlana opened the door. She paled at the carnage outside, but then saw her husband slumped down by the guesthouse. She gave a noise something like a whimper, and came running across the yard. She was saying something like Oleg, Oleg, and only took a breath when he raised his head to look at her. She almost fell down by his side, looking all over him, trying to see where the blood on his hands ended, trying to see whether it came from him or from someone else. But Oleg kept looking at her, breathing deeply, and some unspoken word passed between them, and she threw her arms around him, shoulders trembling, hiding her tears of relief from them.

30. - Top - End - #90

Three made her way down the tower, still holding her crossbow, and turned right into the courtyard. She watched what happened between Oleg and the others by the gate, but chose to ignore it. It was none of her business, and she found it hard to sympathize with the bandit, even if he was young for a human. She briefly considered saying something to the one bandit that was still standing, but she can't see him cooperating now.
    Instead, Three crouched by the bowman and checked for signs of life. If he hadn't died yet, they might be able to get information from him. They still have to hunt the rest of the bandits down.
    Last edited by almondsAndRain; 2018-05-16 at 09:56 AM.