New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Kingmaker in the Forgotten Realms [IC thread]

Oleg's Trading Post, Southernmost Emmerock, the Border Kingdoms
    Dawn, First of Kythorn, Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR)

Three might not have been a cleric or some hedge healer, but she could tell that life still remained within the bowman's form. He was still breathing, albeit unconscious, but if something wasn't done about the bleeding from the back of his neck soon -- he wouldn't remain that way for long.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post

"Ye murdering filth!" The bandit at Dergosh's feet had a horrified look on his dust-covered face. The horses were quieting now, still throwing their heads back, but no longer whinnying or screaming. "'E was a boy! Sixteen summers -- Geran was just tall f'r his age, ye stinkin' moneylover!" The bandit loosed a gobbet of black spit in Kuros's direction.
    “Shut your meat hole, goblin!” the half-orc snarled back at the man. “Be quiet, maybe live; otherwise we cut your ears off and feed them to you before we let him do knife dance on you next,” he said pointing to the slumping Oleg. “Look like he working himself up for another go, maybe you not want to be too noisy and draw attention.”
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2018-05-16 at 11:33 AM.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 15)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Three stared at the man's neck for a moment, watching the wound. She knew enough about human anatomy to know that the bandit was probably going to die. But she didn't know enough to effectively treat the wound. When she gets injured, she repairs herself with her tools- but that doesn't work on humans.
    Dergosh could save this man, definitely. Three wasn't sure if he would. He seemed more in favor of a mass-execution. Three tried to convince him anyway. "Dergosh, this man is one of the enemy's commanders, second only to their Chieftess. He knows where to find the others, how many there are, and maybe even what their plans are. If we can learn what he knows, we can hunt down the other bandits without trouble. Can you resuscitate him, please?"

4. - Top - End - #94

OrcBarbarianGuy

The cleric looked perplexed at Three’s request. “Have other two to tell us where other lady goblin bandit is. Waste to heal this one just to kill him later,” he huffed. Nevertheless, he stared down at the bowman and, after some hesitation, waved his hand dismissively at the man’s form.

“There. Not bleed to death until we want him to bleed to death.”

Surveying the courtyard, he yelled, “Korlann! Kuros! Bring over other goblins’ bodies and pile them next to these two. We find out if they have any magic on them.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Converting detect poison to cure minor wound to heal 1 point and stabilize the bowman. Dergosh figures the party already has two bandits to interrogate for now and would like to keep a 1st level spell in reserve in case something else unexpected happens, such as more bandits showing up. In the meantime, he’d like the bandits, dead and alive, all piled up next to each other so he can cast one detect magic to see if they have any goodies.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros leaves Svetlana and Oleg to comfort one another and drags the body of the bandit back towards the other corpses. Once there, he glares at the man who cursed at him and says, "If you truly cared for this 'boy' you should have taught him a trade and kicked him out of your merry band of thieves. Instead, you let him keep that blade on his hip, and brought him along to steal from these good folk." Kuros gestures to Svetlana and Oleg with one hand as he continues in a quiet, but flinty tone, "You are just trying to manipulate us so we would let you off the hook, because I am sure you know the punishment for banditry."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Intimidate Check to keep the survivor meek and honest: (1d20+8)[16]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Korlann watches the others as his foe falls, the battle ending almost in the instant it began. Oleg's actions he watches impassively - the bandits would be sentenced to death regardless, so allowing the man to dispense justice himself certainly has no harm. When one of the remaining bandits cries out against their host's actions, he walks towards the man, his gaze cold. "You call us filth? You, who come here and unrepentantly take from these people? You, who would tear away their livelihood to line your own pockets? You, who would threaten them with harm and death? You, who would threaten to defile an innocent woman, dare to call us monsters and filth?" Reaching the man, Korlann stands over him, piercing the man with his gaze. "You have no business calling us anything of the sort - so I advise you to hold your tongue. By charter passed to us by the Lance Lords of High Emmerock, we have every right to execute you for your crimes, so unless you want us to pass your sentence immediately you will speak only when spoken to." Without waiting for a response, he turns to gather the bodies of the fallen, bringing them where Dergosh indicated.

Show
    Intimidate attempt on the bandit: (1d20+5)[14]
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #97

Three watched as the bowman's wound stopped bleeding. She still didn't know much about human anatomy, but she's experienced enough with magic to know that even weak healing spells prevent someone from bleeding out. The bandit wasn't going to be moving any time soon, but that's fine. “Yeah, this is good enough for me. Thanks, Dergosh.” Three shot Dergosh a quick thumbs-up, though she would be smiling if she could.
    “So long as he's alive if we need his information later, I'm happy.” She stood up and gestured with her head at the bandit that Korlann and Kuros were confronting. “Especially since that one probably won't cooperate.”

8. - Top - End - #98

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ho! Not cooperate?" Dergosh hooted. Staring at the man for a long time with a grim smile, he finally said to him. "Want to see what happen if you not cooperate? Let me show you."

Derosh strode over to Oleg and asked to borrow the tradesman's knife, the very one he had used with such zeal on the young bandit. Returning to where all the bandits, both dead and alive, had now been gathered, he reached down to seize he hand of the nearest lifeless one. "This want happens if you not cooperate," he said, ruthlessly hacking away the pinky finger from the limp hand. He stuffed the severed digit in his belt pouch.

"Now," he said, rubbing his heavy hands together, "lets see what these goblins got. Great Gruumsh, show us things to make the Wolftooth tribe great, and our enemies run away scared!”

Spoiler: spell
    Show
    Casting detect magic and scanning all the bandits

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The bandit kept silence, casting his gaze to the ground, obviously grinding his teeth.

Policing the bodies only took a few moments. Dergosh turned his god's eye upon the bodies, and his prayer was granted.
    In a sense.
    The half-orc's conviction from his god was that there was only one magical item on any of the bandits - a single healing potion, and that looked half-stale and barely holding its magic together, in a hollowed-out gourd that hung from the bowman's belt. The rest of their equipment was mundane with a well-made weapon or two here and there. A couple of the bandits were holding short swords cast and forged in the old style of the gladius, more popular a couple hundred years back, with virtually no handguard and a wider blade, better for thrust than cut, really best used in combination with a large shield on the off hand. Perhaps the most immediately-valuable-looking item on these men was a silver amulet in the shape of a stag's head that the bowman was wearing - though it, like everything else, was not magical. Only the bowman was wearing one.

Oleg had apparently got control of himself and clambered to his feet with Svetlana at his side. He took another look at the yard and the death in it, and again took a deep breath, letting it out with a shudder. He seemed to be thinking about something for a moment. Then the big man gently removed Svetlana's arm from his own and, absently wiping his bloody hands on his smock, walked over to the Wolftooth Company, as he'd call them in times to come.
    "My thanks," he said. "You've done a great thing - all of you. Not just for me and mine, there's a reward for bringing such as these to justice. But I'm grateful. Grateful as I can be. I've seventy-five gold for you, and three potions - Shield o' Faith I think they're called. And it might be poor compensation for the risk you took, but anything these vermin have, including their horses, is yours. Course, if y' can't use anything of it, I'd be more than willing to buy them off you. Even if the travellers are few and far between, there's always need for the sort of stuff they have." He looked at the ground for a moment, then back at them. "Can't say as I really agree with y'r purpose in exploring the Greenbelt, but never let it be said Oleg Leveton was a piker. You come under this roof, anytime, long as we're here, you'll have bed and board and your meals from us, for not a copper. We owe you our lives."

There was a groan from the bandits. The bowman was beginning to rouse. Oleg stared at the man for a long, long moment, and then:
    "Svetlana. Go in the house."
    She looked from the bowman to Oleg inquiringly. "What do you--"
    "'Tis well after dawn," he said. There was a grim smile on his face. "I think we'll all be needin' some breakfast. Especially these warriors," he said, gesturing to the Wolftooth.

She had a strange look on her face, and hesitated for a long moment, but Svetlana finally turned and headed back to the main house. The doors closed like thunder in the sudden quiet.

Oleg stood back from the bowman, folding his arms.

Show

So, you now have:
    - 7 light horses
    -- 2 pack saddles
    -- 5 riding saddles
    -- 7 bits and bridles

- Potion of Cure Light Wounds
    - 3 x Potion of Shield of Faith +2

On the four bandits:
    - 4 x Leather Armour
    - 4 x Short Swords
    - 4 x Longbow
    - 4 x 20 arrows
    - 4 x 2 days of trail rations
    - 4 x 10 gp

On the bowman:
    - Dagger
    - Leather Armour
    - Composite Longbow (+2 STR)
    - 20 arrows
    - 2 days of trail rations
    - Silver stag head amulet
    - 35 gp

Nothing magical but the potions. As said,Oleg will buy any of this stuff off you for full book gp value, assuming he's got enough cash to pay for it. And don't forget the party gets a total of 75 gp as a reward from Oleg.
    Last edited by Saintheart; 2018-05-17 at 08:02 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruk grinned at the big man, "Just doing our civic duty, sir. Though yours and your wife's hospitality did give us a bit of motivation I'd wager."
    He looked over at the bowman.
    "Would you happen to have any rope on hand? He seems to be stirring and I'd like to have him restrained by the time he comes to."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

"If needed, I have rope in my pack, if you'd like to grab some," Korlann says to Ruk, before looking down at the bowman as he begins to stir. "But if he's fool enough to try something else here, then I'd just as soon end him rather than waste perfectly good rope."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"No need. I've rope," said Oleg. He headed back into the house briefly and returned lugging a long coil of yellowing twine, dumping it on the ground next to the bowman. "Would appreciate it if ye'd not cut it, I'll need the length. Bandits cleaned out all the rest of it."

The bowman had come round by that point, and had gotten himself to his knees before apparently deciding better of it. The man had no real sign of fear to him now, taking in the scene and the six strange adventurers around him with a look of pained resignation, wincing at the head wound which hadn't closed completely as yet. The other bandit sat sullenly where he was, not looking at the bowman or at anyone else.

13. - Top - End - #103

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh was much pleased at Gruumsh’s insight in finding such a splendid magic item to strengthen the clan. He handed the gourd to Three for distribution; he figured she was the “smart one” and would know who to give it to. He also picked out the dagger from the bandits’ gear and thrust it into his belt.

While the rest of the group sorted out the gear and secured the prisoners, he once again made his way up to one of the corner towers to survey the land, watching for any signs of suspicious activity—and, truth be told, any sign of that dragony creature from the wanted poster below.

Those listening closely could hear the swick swick swick of Dergosh employing his newly claimed knife, but it was difficult to notice, for while he worked the half-orc hummed to himself—loudly—a sound that the rest of the group could have been forgiven for if they mistook it for the bellowing of an enraged herd of róthe. He was much pleased, and only the appearance of the dragon creature so that it could be properly beheaded could improve the day in his estimation.

Later, he returned to the courtyard and asked Svetlana to borrow a pot. He gathered a few pieces of wood and took the pot to the far corner of the trading post, starting a fire to boil some water. Once the water was bubbling away, he took what remained of the pinky finger out of his pouch. While up in the tower he had worked on flensing away as much of the flesh as possible, and now dropped what remained in the pot to boil away the last bits in order to produce clean, white bone.

While he waited for the boiling water to have its effect, he stomped over to take a good look at the horses they had captured, paying particular attention to their ears. He was looking for the one with the “best” ears—meaning most lopsided, damaged, uneven, or maimed. It would be a good sign if Gruumsh had blessed one of them with a disfigured ear.

Within a few hours the boiling process was done. He again took up his knife, fished out the largest of the finger bones (still only about an inch-and-a-half long), and sharpened one end to a deadly point. He held up the gleaming white bone to examine it, giving a satisfied nod. Prize in hand, he sought out Oleg.

“Oleg!” he said, clapping the man on the shoulder. “Have something for you. You are now a member of the Wolftooth. Wear this in honor of the bandit you slay,” he said, holding out the sharpened bone. The half-orc examined Oleg’s face carefully. “Would look best in your cheek, I think, or maybe your eyebrow. Either way, very fierce.” Catching Oleg’s wife’s eye, Dergosh added pleasantly, “I make one for you too, Miss Svetlana, if you want. Look good on you, too.”

“And one more thing,” he plunged on, oblivious to the reaction of the couple. “These horses: I figure they belong to you, payment for all the things bandits stole from you. I will buy that one” —he pointed out the horse that had caught his fancy—“from you for myself.” Reaching into his belt pouch, Dergosh grabbed a random handful of gold and shoved it towards the trader. “Deal?”

Spoiler: random gold offered
    Show
    [roll0]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Dergosh's watch proved uneventful on the corner tower. Nothing else trailed after the bandits or disturbed the morning air other than the odd sparrow dropping by momentarily to offer its greetings. This, however, provided plenty of time to whittle a small, innocent and unsuspecting section of the palisade near the tower into an acceptable form, quite aside from his important work on the finger. Svetlana, as with most other things, kindly and politely let him borrow one of her large cast-iron pots, one that had the pleasant but subtle smell of baked-in fat and grease.

---

Late morning, First of Kythorn, Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR)

There was a sort of expression on Oleg's face that Dergosh found strange. It was a sort of combination of overly rounded, glassy eyes and a certain slack-jawed orientation to the lips. Thinking back, Dergosh realised he did have memories of times when he'd seen that face before. Mostly typically it seemed to show up on other people within earshot when he started singing. This, perhaps, was understandable given the immense inspirational power of Gruumsh's gifts.

Svetlana's lips had bowed into a little smile. She stood on tiptoe and gave the half-orc a peck on the cheek. "We would be most honoured, saer," she said, taking the proffered coins and just as deftly plucking the finger bone from Oleg's somewhat limp hand. His jaw still looked somewhat slack, but at least he seemed to be blinking rather more now. Svetlana, meanwhile, was looking at the horse Dergosh had chosen. The horse's ear was indeed a mangled-looking thing. She sighed. "Those beasts. They couldn't even leave their own mounts untouched. Well, saer," she continued, walking across with the half-orc to the horse, "if you promise to treat him well, I'm sure he'll bear you well."

They reached the horse and she touched it at certain points the way a baker touched bread to see if it was ready. After a few moments, she nodded again. "He's had a beating or two, I'd say, but he's still strong and young. I'm sure if he's looked after he'll be with you for many years to come."

After that, when she had a moment, Svetlana crossed over to Three. By this point, the finger bone had been installed as a hair pin, a small white protrusion from the bun of her yellow tresses. Taking one more look to see that Dergosh wasn't around, Oleg's wife quietly pressed the coins back into the warforged's surprised (and two-fingered) hands. "Take this, will you? I think your half-orc friend might have a little to learn about commerce."

15. - Top - End - #105

Three hung the gourd off of her belt. She won't be using the Identify infusion on this potion- for the money that would cost, she could make a couple probably-stronger potions. Besides, questioning the prisoners was a better use of her time.
    Deciding to get the least important questions out of the way first, three snapped her fingers at the injured bandit. "What's your name and what's the name of your subordinate?" Not waiting for him to answer, she pointed at his emblazoned amulet, "And what's that? It looks fancy. What does the symbol mean?"
    -
    Hours later, after Dergosh had surveyed the surrounding plains and boiled his bones, Three thanked Svetlana after taking Dergosh's coins. She took off her left glove and placed the coins inside of it, carefully folded it, and then placed it inside of her backpack. She'll secretly return the coins to Dergosh later, either during the loot distribution or when he's asleep.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros keeps an eye on the two bandits, though he does go through the collected gear and collects the composite bow from the leader along with a gladius and all the arrows he can find (assuming no one else lays claim to any). He let's Three continue the interrogation, but stands around nearby should he be needed.

17. - Top - End - #107

Gakan mostly makes a show of sulking over how useless he was in the fight, and how he blew his big moment. The show of sulking masked his actual sulking quite well, and he almost managed to convince himself it wasn't real. He wasn't even sure why he wanted to show off - it wasn't like Kyran was here to watch, and it had probably been for the best reputation wise.

Maybe it was for the best that someone else had got to the bandits for interrogation first. As it stood, he was like as not to get vicious, and that wouldn't be good for his look at all. Gods, he wanted to just bury himself in the hide pile and die.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Although there was still some fear returning to the bowman's eyes at being confronted by something made of metal, stone, and wood and yet still talking like a human, the bowman's lips thinned and he said nothing in reply to Three's questions.

19. - Top - End - #109

Three stared at the man and waited for an answer. When an answer didn't come, she looked at the crossbow she was still holding. It was still enchanted, though not for long. She had spent an infusion on that, but it was a waste since she didn't get a chance to fire it. Well, if it couldn't do it's original job, she'll just have to repurpose it.
    The warforged crouched down next to the bandit, so that they would be eye level while she stared him in the face. “I enchanted my crossbow before you arrived. Humanane. That was a waste of my resources, since I didn't get a chance to use it. I hate being wasteful.”
    Three lifted her crossbow in front of the bandits face, making sure he saw it. Then, she pressed the side of it against his face. “This part- the limb- won't hurt you. It should just feel a bit uncomfortable to the touch.” She pointed it at his face. “But this part? The bolt? It will hurt a lot. Now, I won't fire it. That would kill you for sure. But just pressing it up against you will leave nasty scars.”
    Three stood up and stepped backwards away from the man. “You should consider your options. One of us held Geran from behind while Oleg stabbed him to death, another one of us is probably going to turn one of your dead friends into a trophy. You think we won't hurt you? We are monsters, remember.”
    Three was lying, mostly. She didn't think she could torture someone. But she wasn't so sure if her friends had the same compunctions, and was hoping the bandit didn't think she had them either.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+3)[14]
    Intimidate: (1d20+3)[14]
    +2 to both from her Charisma modifier, +1 from the Brigand trait. I admit, I didn't think I'd get the chance to use it, but hey.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Though his eyes were narrowed, the bowman shrank back from the crossbow and the bolt sitting loaded in it.
    "Happs Bydon," he said. "M' name's Happs Bydon. One over there goes by the name of Kerwin. Don't think they ever gave him a last name."
    "The Hells with you," snarled the other bandit, across the way, lifting his head.
    "And the amulet?" asked Three.
    "Kressle gave it to me. She's in charge of our camp. Said it was for all the officers in the Stag Lord's army."
    "Army, that's rich," scoffed Kerwin. "Y'call this military maneuvering? Hey, maybe that's what you called it before you came out here--"
    "Shut your hole," snapped Happs.
    "And who is the Stag Lord?" asked Three.
    "Never met him." Bydon spat a bloody gob of spit to the dirt. "Kressle wears one of these amulets too. She said she got it from him, said he runs a bigger camp way further south in the Greenbelt, but I never been that far south. Lots of these squeakers,"--he nodded at Kerwin--"tell all sorts of stupid stories about him. Reckon he's a deadeye with a bow. Crushed a prisoner's hand to mush with one fist. Supposed to wear a big helm made out of a stag's skull, some of 'em reckon he ain't got no face under the helm. Like I said, Kressle or some of the people back at camp know more about him than I do. Some come from his camp once a month, some just stay up 'ere all the time, just pass back the tithe every full face of Selune."

Three and Gakan, who was unobtrusively listening, understood, from somewhere amongst the spaces and things Happs was not saying. The arrangement wasn't uncommon amongst hoodlums: bandit groups often were a simple case of the most powerful man bullying a portion of their bounties out of the lower ones rather than instituting a true military structure. It sounded as though Happs' encampment was a sort of satellite camp to that of the Stag Lord - bound to provide tithes of a certain amount every month back to the central camp but otherwise not under strict orders or instructions as such.
    "And where is your camp?" asked Three.
    "Down on the Thorn River. Few miles into the woods."
    "That's a good forty miles south of here," said Oleg. The big man stepped forward. "You remember the first time you came here, slime?"
    Happs snorted. "Well, among all th' other social engagements--"
    "Shut up. My wife's wedding ring. Where is it?"
    Happs frowned for a second. "Oh, right. Yeah, Kressle liked it. She was thinking about keeping it for herself--"
    "Where is it?"
    "Relax, my friend," said Happs with a sneer. "You've got a big, bad warband of monsters to help you now. Far's I know, your wifey's cheap little ring is down at the camp."
    Oleg stood back, breathing heavily. He turned to Three. "I want it back, saer. It's worth a lot of trade credit to you here if you an recover it for me."
    Happs smirked. "Good old Oleg. Everything has a price, huh?"

21. - Top - End - #111

Three nodded at Oleg's request and put a hand on his shoulder, but didn't say anything to him. That was more to keep him from firing back at the bandit than anything. She didn't need them fighting right now. What she needed was more information, because some of what she just learned worried her. The bandit operation sounds much larger than she had thought. Well, at least Dergosh will be happy, what, with having more Goblins to kill.
    She walked back up to Happs and took the amulet off of him. Maybe they can use it in a plan to get the bandits somehow, maybe she'll just estimate its worth and sell it for the group. Either way, it's better off with her than with him.
    Deciding it was time to ask the important questions, she spoke to the bandit again. “Right, then. How many of you are usually in your camp, and is there anything we have to worry about there other than your friends?” Remembering Svetlana's fear of the bandit woman, Three added on, “Oh, and what can you tell me about Kressle?”

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Happs gave a thin smile. "Wouldn't call them my friends. And there's about eight of them, not including this lot. Although how many of them are usually in camp depends on time of day; half of 'em are usually out hunting during the daytime."
    "And Kressle?" repeated Three.
    "Good in the sack," said Happs. "Not exactly the type to talk much about her past, if that's what you're asking. All I know is she's been out here in the Greenbelt much of her life, and she's in her mid-twenties now. Brown hair. Carries two axes if any idiot's dumb enough to get into a fight with her hand-to-hand. Nothing more strange about her than that, but like I said I think she was sent up this way by the Stag Lord to run this camp for him."

23. - Top - End - #113

"Alright then." Three's instinct was to thank the man for his answers, but she caught herself. You don't do that with prisoners. Instead, she just nodded at him and stared awkwardly. She didn't know what to ask now, if anything.
    Hoping for a way to exit herself from the situation, Three turned her focus to the amulet. She held it up close to her face, checking out the small details, trying to gain some sense of its worth. Three held it up before her party and spoke. "I'm going to go find out how much this is worth. How about you guys continue the interrogation?" She walked over to the table she worked at last night and dropped her backpack onto it, before properly inspecting the jewelry.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Appraise on the amulet:(1d20+4)[11]
    +3 from her Intelligence modifier, +1 from her Appraise rank.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros doesn't have anything to say to the prisoners, but is uncomfortable with them remaining unbound for so long. He takes the rope Oleg brought out and begins binding the prisoners, tying their hands behind their backs and also tying the two to one another since Oleg didn't want the rope cut.

"Does anyone else have any questions for these two?" Kuros asks.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Three
    Show
    Three appraises the amulet as being worth about 17 gp.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually," Ruk stepped forward, "I do." He addressed Happs, "There's a bounty out for some group of Kobolds in the area. Do you know anything about them? Dealt with them at all in your time in the belt?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Haven't dealt with them myself, but heard about them. 'Specially recently. They call themselves the Sootscale clan, at least that's what I've heard it said. It's not a big tribe. They're supposed to be living in a cave somewhere out in these lands, but I don't think they're actually in the Greenbelt - not the forest, anyway. Most people talk about running into them out in the plains, well south of here." Happs frowned. "And the thing is they normally kept to themselves. Y' didn't hear much about them at all. But last few months, something's got them riled up, bravos I know have been running into them and getting not a few cuts out of their encounters. Don't know why. Or where they hole up, either."

28. - Top - End - #118

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    "Does anyone else have any questions for these two?" Kuros asks.
    Dergosh took a brief break from his flesh flensing and high decibel humming to peer over the interior edge of the tower and shout, "Ask if know how to fix catapults!" He glared at the captives for good measure before returning to his task.

Fort Oleg would make a good starting point for the new Wolftooth empire, but it needed some defenses. And Dergosh really wanted to fling some rocks.
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2018-05-18 at 11:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Korlann listens to the bandit, Happs, speak as the others question him. As their questions seem to die down, he speaks up, "Does your camp have any specific buildings, or is it simply a bunch of tents that can be easily moved?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Most o' the time the weather's good enough t' sleep out under the stars," said Happs. "Maybe we'd use individual tents if the weather gets bad, but 'tisn't like we ever get heavy snowfalls this far south. So, no, no buildings as such. There's a couple of watch platforms in the trees on the east and west perimeters of the camp, and an old wagon some fool brought back in there one time, but otherwise, nothing. Just a clearing we made."
    "Were we your first stop or your last?" asked Oleg with a grim face.
    Happs smirked. "Oh, so you wanna know how long yer pack of mercenaries have got before Kressle notices we're missing and comes back here to burn you out. Relax, me old friend. You were always the first stop, we knew we'd always pick up something from you, industrious, hard-working feller you are. After that we'd normally range for a couple of days out east and west of here before turning back for Thorn River. Kressle won't be expecting me back for another few days at least. And even then I wonder whether she'd care that much. I'm not as good with my pipe as you are with yours."
    This drew a snicker even from the other bandit, sitting quiet tied up at Happs' back. Oleg's hands bunched into fists, but he took a deep breath and turned to Three. "Let me know what of their gear you can't use. I'll buy it off you, full price. I'll go and start arranging some coin now." He stamped off into the house.