New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker in the Forgotten Realms [IC thread]

Three did her best to memorize the information the dragon presented her, so she could recite the important parts to the Company later. Having a dragon on her head was odd, but not something she minded as much as she thought she would.
    The first glade sounds off. It's almost certainly magical, and worth investigating for that alone. But perhaps it was a bit dangerous? The second glade certainly was. When they surveyed it, they would have to keep the animals out until they've removed the traps.
    Places like the Skunk River and its springs make Three glad that she doesn't have to smell anything, and things like the giant frogs make her regret ever removing her armored plating. The Company will likely have to investigate the springs, unfortunately. Perhaps the others will enjoy them, after the frogs are driven off.
    Perlivashes description of the temple interested her the most, but the beast comment worried her. What is so dangerous that the fey avoid it? Three spoke to the dragon on her head, “What is this beas-”
    The little dragon cut her off. Their furry companion? Three focused her vision on the shrub, hoping to catch sight of Gakan, but didn't catch sight of so much as a whisker. Trusting in Perlivashes sight more than her own, she yelled in the direction of the bush. “Gakan! It's safe now! You can come out.” The warforged gestured at Dergosh with her left hand, which was still grasping the scabbard. “Dergosh wants a word.”
    She moved the scabbard close to her face. Words. Some magic items are intelligent and can speak- and for all Three really knew, she and the warforged as a whole were just that- so perhaps the Company was lucky, and this was one of them. Three felt silly doing so, but she whispered to the scabbard, hoping for a response. “Can you speak?”

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The Greenbelt, Beyond Emmerock, the Border Kingdoms
    Before Dawn, Third of Kythorn, Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR)

Whether because it didn't want to speak, or because it couldn't speak, the scabbard did not.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Noticing that Gakan hasn't returned and he left a fair amount of his stuff around, Kuros (with hands on hips, crossed at his chest, and cupping his mouth to project) shouts out into the woods, "GAKAN, IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY HALFWAY BACK TO OLEG'S PLACE, WE WON. ALSO YOU LEFT YOUR STUFF BEHIND."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruk was amused by the Grig. He definitely didn't need more paint, but he appreciated the Fey's geniality. "Tyg, you spoke of Kobolds - like me. Where did you see them? Did they give you any trouble?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Tyg turned back from looking at Kuros (he had, after all, just shouted rather loudly) to Ruk. "Kobolds never saw me. Or Perlivash either, they too busy being sick. They all over in big wanderwood clearing, few hours from here. All been eating too much. Gutsed a bunch of radishes from the clearing and all went koo-koo for a while, then got sick tummies and all lying down moaning and groaning like humans morning after big night on ale."
    "When?" asked Ruk.
    "Told you, last week. Or last month. Yesterday, maybe. Okay, you not want paint either, moving on." Tyg-Titter-Tut went bouncing across to Kuros next, and with one final, bounding leap reached his (topmost) shoulder. She gave him a tiny little kiss on the cheek. "Sorry, forgot come thank you for giving us sweets and potions. Figured you blessed by the Obah, six arms and all. You get those while you drunk at one of their Highmoon festivals? Heard they party even harder than Tyg-Titter-Tut."

6. - Top - End - #246

Why are you hiding back here?
    Gakan yelped, as the voice came simultaneously from behind him and inside his head, and stumbled into the clearing on pure shock. He looked a mess, mostly because the only reason he'd been close enough to hear the fight end was because barely ten seconds from where he'd started, he'd tripped over a bunch of roots, and spent the next five minutes trying to drag himself out of ditch. There were still leaves matted in his fur.

He wasn't sure which he hated more. Nature, or depth perception. Ah, no. It was the withering glares he was getting right now.
    "...I panicked?"

7. - Top - End - #247

Three briefly waved at Gakan, after he tottered out of the shrub. So he was there. Still having things to discuss with the dragon, she decided to leave the catfolk to the others. “Good eye, Perlivash.” She gave a thumbs-up to the fairy on her head before continuing, “Now, you mentioned some beast in the temple?”
    Last edited by almondsAndRain; 2018-06-13 at 07:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Perlivash turned his whirling rainbow eyes back on Three. It looks like a bear, at least that is what it most looks like to me. But there is something ... wrong ... about it. No bear I have ever known has lived as long as the beast has, and no bear I know haunts a lair as though it were chained to it. Tyg-Titter-Tut and I did not remain around to ask it questions the first time we encountered it, and we do not exactly make the place a frequent stop in our wanderings. In truth we have not been back there in ... months? Years? I know what it was when we first encountered it, and I know what it was when we encountered it again, later, long later. It was the same beast.

9. - Top - End - #249

The information on the bear was worrisome, like everything else in this forest. Three's mind was brought back to her time with Reda, where memories of freshly opened caskets, glistening black gems, and shambling corpses- as opposed to Shambling Mounds- lay prominent. Perhaps the bear was a kind of undead. She considered asking the little dragon his opinion on that, but decided against it. If he had known that, he would have said it.
    Instead, she walked to the rest of the Company and stood near them, pondering what she's been told by the little dragon and what the scabbard may be.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm." Ruk pondered for a moment.
    "So they already have their own stash of radishes. Probably not much use as a peace offering if they've already eaten themselves sick, right Three?"

--
    "This forest is just full of beasties isn't it? While it's nice to know, let's focus on one danger at a time eh?"
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.

11. - Top - End - #251

Three looked down at Ruk, “Yes, it doesn't sound like they need more of them.” She paused to think about what else they could do to earn favor with the tribe, but drew a blank. The Company will probably have to treat it like any other diplomatic mission, and play the situation by ear. “I spent most of my life with humans and elves. I don't know much about kobolds. Do you know of anything that may put us in the Sootscale's good graces?”

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Korlann looks at Gakan for a long moment as he reveals himself, watching as he begins picking leaves from his fur. After a long, silent moment, he says, "I'll admit, that creature showing up was unexpected - we were able to handle it because of some unexpected help. Had that not come, though, your absence could have cost us all..." He closes his eyes with a long sigh, before piercing his ally with a focused gaze as he continues, "After all, what if you ran into another of these things on your own? There's no shame in running from a foe you can't defeat, but if you wound up injured, or dead, we might never have known. If you feel that something is enough of a threat that retreat is the better option for us, say so next time - trust us to watch your back, just as we're relying on you to watch ours. Alright?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros shows relief as Gakan returns to camp, before he was kissed suddenly by Tyg-Titter-Tut. Moving carefully so as not to dislodge his new passenger, Kuros takes a seat by the fire and says, "You're very welcome for the gifts, I am glad that I remembered Master Gerald's teachings on fey. As for my arms, I am not really too sure about why I have so many. All I really know was that I was born with them and... well, they didn't really make me popular in the village I was born in."

Kuros starts to shake his head before remembering the close proximity of Tyg and stops himself before saying, "I heard you talking about painting earlier. Are you sure you have enough paint on you to paint Korlann's spines? They are almost as big as you are."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The array of places and things named by the fey were dizzying, but Dergosh trusted Three would remember the important ones. He grinned at the mention of the bear; bears, and the Bearclaw Clan were no challenge, and he thought about how his drum would soon enough have a new claw dangling from it. He thought again about how to grow the clan, for surely there were plenty of things to do before could establish new lands, but there was one thing the fey had left out.

“You see any big dragon snake?” he asked, waving his hands to try to approximate the shape he saw on the poster back at Oleg’s. “Company has been asked to crush dragon snake with boulder from catapult, if we can find it.”

<response>

“Spirits of the Greenbelt, you very helpful. Since you part of Greenbelt,” he said, taking in the forest all around them, “how does Wolftooth Clan find you again to talk to?”

<response>

The half-orc hadn’t noticed that Gakan had returned to the campsite until Korlann started mildly berating him. He turned and approached the rogue. “You run from your clan mates, run from fight like new hatched goblin fresh from egg. Where your pride? Next time you run from Wolftooth, might be last. Someone might die,” he said, intentionally vague about who someone might be.

He looked around the camp, somewhat disheveled from their quick fight. “Time to get some rest, we have more bandits to crush tomorrow.”
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D
    Domain ability: piercing scream (DC 15)

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Tyg-Titter-Tut grinned at Kuros. "Might as well ask you kobold friend where he get paint to keep lookin' like cool jester. If know how to make paint, can make do from most stuff. Lots of recipes, lots to collect. If boil it just right, get best dyes from bear manure. Yep, Tyg-Titter-Tut sure know answer to one of life's biggest questions."

A dragon snake? Perlivash swooped over to Dergosh, landing on the half-orc's head and bending his long neck over to look into Dergosh's eyes. Dragon snake ... oh. You mean a tatzylwyrm. They are not dragons. Not like myself, he added, with a little snort. There are some through the Greenbelt, but I have seen none north of the Thorn River for ... years? Days? Centuries? If any of their haunts were in this part of the woods, we would know them. The Thorn does not run deep or fast enough for them, the tatzylwyrms I have heard of do rather like deep fords for their homes.

Perlivash took to the air once more after listening to Dergosh's question. His thought extended to all the Wolftooth Clan's minds. We thank you once more, warrior. As for where you may find us again ... these woods are our home. We know them well. We will hear you in the splash of water as you touch the Thorn River, we will know you have departed when the wind of the plains touches your face, we will always be--
    "Oh, for forks' pippyswatting sake," said Tyg, bouncing down off Kuros's shoulder. "You want find us again, our joint 'bout half day northwest of here."
    Tyg, I was going to tell them--
    "You talking all stupid Shacklespear again, Tyg-Titter-Tut regret ever tellin' you 'bout him. Anyway, if can't find us there, we always somewhere north of Thorn River. You make more of them sweets, might find us faster, Perlivash smell that stuff from five mile away."
    I seem to recall it was you who first started drooling over those little sugars that they--
    "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway, cross the Thorn, won't be able find us 'til you back over it again. We don't go no further south than that. C'mon, Perlivash. These guys need some sleep, probably gonna kill people tomorrow."

The little fey took three, cricket-like bounces, and disappeared into the woods. Perlivash was gone just as suddenly, and the woods were silent once more.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: Kingmaker in the Forgotten Realms [IC thread]

Ruk looked at Three for a moment before answering hesitantly, "I admit, it has been a long time since I have interacted with my own kind. My own tribe was taken from me when I was very young. I... do remember some of the older of my tribe referencing something about how our non-desert cousins have sensitive eyes that do not do well in the sunlight. Maybe we can provide some sort of eye protection? That may not be necessary in a forest such as this though."

17. - Top - End - #257

Before responding to Ruk, Three thought back to what Happs had to say about the Sootscale. “The eye protection might not be necessary, but I'd say that depends on how often the other kobolds are in here. These two don't measure time the way we do, so the Sootscale could have been here a decade ago, or they could have just left yesterday.” Three shrugged her shoulders before continuing, “I'm not saying we should take a bandit at his word, but Happs sees time the same as us, and he said that he doesn't think they're ever in the forest.”
    Three rested her hand on her crossbow, to punctuate her next sentence. “Regardless, we'll have more bandits to question tomorrow. They can confirm or refute what we've heard so far.”

Three waited a bit after the fey left before speaking. “Well, this has been... an interesting morning, I suppose. Informative, too. Dergosh is right though, you lot should try to get more sleep. I'll watch over you until morning, but I'm sure we'll be safe. Perlivash and Tyg-Titter-Tut would have warned us if anything dangerous was nearby.”
    She climbed into her wagon and placed the magic scabbard into the chest, before returning to her patrol around the camp.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    In case they're necessary:
    Spot check: [roll]1d20+1[.roll]
    Listen check: (1d20+1)[14]
    +1 from her Wisdom modifier.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Korlann nods at Three, and says, "We can worry about trying to meet with those Kobolds after we've handled the current issues... for now, we should rest, and then focus on the bandit camp." With that, he returns to his bedroll, going back to sleep.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Thorn River, the Greenbelt, the Border Kingdoms
    After dawn, Third of Kythorn, Year of Lightning Storms (1374 DR)

Ruk set off shortly before dawn.

He did, of course, let Three know he was going. The warforged didn’t seem to object. Beyond that, though, Ruk left the others to sleep as best they could. After all, if they were indeed going to kill everyone in the camp, they’d need their beauty rest – and Gakan perhaps couldn’t be trusted not to completely lose it and run if one of the bandits was unexpectedly flatulent or something on this little scouting expedition.

Besides which: if for some reason he was caught, the fact he was on his own at least left him the opportunity to turn the rest of the Company over to the bandits – not that such a decision would be desirable to the kobold, particularly given the way they’d dispatched the shambler with such alacrity earlier.

That decided, the kobold set out into the pre-dawn darkness. He moved along carefully through tangles of scrub and little red patches of Love-Lies-Weeping. Not being under any particular pressure of time helped things immensely; even if kobolds weren’t suited to tall woods particularly, there was a part of him that sang with stealth and moving unseen, quieter than shadows. He navigated fairly easily by concentrating on the noise of the Thorn River, gurgling away somewhere nearby, and the creeling of the frogs that likely made it their home.

And he wasn’t particularly surprised when he found the Thorn River rather than the camp: in the dark, he’d veered off course, losing the bandits’ tracks. His scales and tough skin turned the stinging nettles and sharp little spines of the brambles choking the banks of the river in both directions as far as the eye could see; it seemed he’d found out why they named it the Thorn. The river itself wasn’t all that impressive, especially here amongst hundred-foot wanderwoods. Maybe sixty feet wide, and Tiamat knew how deep.
    Still, it wasn’t like he’d come here for swimming. The question now was, which way had he veered, east or west? If he turned the wrong way now he could spend hours sightseeing to no effect.

Then a single bark of far-off laughter from his right decided it. That sort of noise was often given by rough men living in rough places. The kobold turned east, creeping upriver. He found a shallow creek bleeding off from the Thorn to the north, and followed it. About sixty feet from the river, a path revealed itself that nothing natural could have made: beaten down, scuff marks everywhere. Ruk quietly pulled out the elixir Three had given him, swallowing the contents in a moment. Then the kobold melted into the brush by the road, moving slowly now, bush by bush, even branch by branch, following the path and the creek it shadowed. Eventually, carefully and gently pushing a branch aside to clear his view, he found it.

The camp was a clearing a good two hundred feet wide. The bandits had created a semi-permanent campsite by cutting themselves a small clearing. There were a few of them loitering about the clearing right now, a bunch of dirty-looking men not terribly distinguishable from the ones they’d dispatched back at Oleg’s. Tree trunks and logs in the clearing seemed to be serving as chairs, all centred around a stone-lined campfire that was trailing smoke into the sky. A heap of kindling and smaller sticks lay nearby. There were two thick fallen logs lying positioned alongside the trail that he’d been following: it wasn’t hard to see how those logs could be used for cover or obstructions.

So too with the other distinctive thing in the clearing: an old, seemingly broken-down wagon sitting in the camp as well. The kobold had a sudden touch of déjà vu remembering the buckwagon at Oleg’s, but this one looked to be wholly immovable.

One of the bandits hawked and spat, scratching his rear before yawning, stretching, and padding across to one of the larger wanderwoods. For a moment Ruk though he was going to relieve himself, but then the bandit reached up the treetrunk … and gripped the lower rungs of a rope ladder, which until that moment had been dangling out of view on the other side of the tree. The kobold looked up. Twenty feet up, a little touch of a breeze in the foliage revealed it: a wooden platform attached to the tree and giving a marvellous view of the campsite and the trail to the west.

Ruk immediately began scanning the other tall wanderwoods in the clearing, taking long moments to study each. Eventually, he found another of the platforms, this one across the campsite from the other, watching to the east. And that one seemed to have a canvas tarpaulin at the base of its tree, bulged up like a pregnant animal’s abdomen.

The kobold exhaled. This might not be so simple after all.

It took him the better part of two hours to complete a full circuit around the camp’s perimeter, moving only when a bird fluttered in a nearby tree, waiting for some far-off animal’s cry before stepping across twig-covered patches of ground. During those two hours, four of the ruddy, swarthy men seemed to finally get themselves together and set off northward with bows and packs in hand. He managed to establish the platforms had one man each in them, and another man sitting whittling away at some wood in one corner of the camp.

And finally, he saw the woman they bandits and the Levetons had been talking about. Kressle. Short, hair wrapped back in an olive green scarf. Tanned face. Dark eyes, or so he guessed from the distance he saw her at. She didn’t smile or have any sort of expression he’d come to expect from humans. The mouth was a horizontal, unlovely slash of a thing, and she didn’t frequently blink, either. She seemed to busy herself with a few tasks after eating, but then spent a good half hour just sitting in the clearing staring at the fire.

The kobold tore his eyes from the scene, and exhaled quietly. So: four bandits out hunting, as described by Happs; another four here in the camp. It had taken him a good three hours, but he’d finally circumnavigated the camp and tried to familiarise himself with its details as much as he could. Committing the layout of the place to memory, he found the place where he’d come upon the clearing and quietly made his way back the way he came. From there, down the creek; then he began to recognise more places he’d already seen, and managed to backtrack his way to where his companions were waiting for him.

Spoiler: Map of the situation, for discussion
    Show

Map Key:
    K1 – The clearing, with its stone-lined fireplace.
    K2 – The wooden platform at the east side of the camp.
    K3 – The wooden platform at the west side of the camp.
    K4 – The two fallen logs.
    K5 – The broken-down wagon.

20. - Top - End - #260

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh had easily fallen asleep again once the camp quieted down, dozing until the first hints of dawn forced their way through the thick foliage all around them. He rose for his bedroll and made his way to an isolated edge of the clearing where he seemed to carry on a loudly mumbled one-sided conversation.

He returned to the center of camp, vaguely noting that Ruk was nowhere to be seen, but focused on the anticipated conflict ahead. After eating a sparse breakfast—for who wanted to be overfed before a battle?—he addressed his companions. “Spirits of Greenbelt told us to watch out that we not become pincushions; I talk to Gruumsh about that. He tells me whoever leads the charge, Gruumsh’s armor will protect them, so not to worry.”

He looked around, with his eyes settling on Kuros. “I think goblin bandits most likely see you and think about all those arms, all those weapons, and probably shoot you first. I will put Gruumsh armor around you before we attack.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Dergosh will have one instance of entropic shield ready to protect someone. ON EDIT: Nevermind, upon closer review I see the range is “personal” only.
    Dergosh the Loud M Half-Orc Clr 3/Bar 1 | HP: 38 (26 with rage)| Init +10 | AC 17 T12 FF15 | Fort +7 Ref +3 Will +6 | Listen +1, Spot +4 | ATK +7 (+9 w/rage) melee 1d8+3/x2, +5 ranged 1d6+3/x2 | Cleric Spells: 0--guidance, guidance, light, resistance; 1st- summon monster I, cause fear (DC 15), sonic blast D (DC 15), resurgence; 2nd-restoration, lesser (x2), sonic weapon D

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Waking to find Ruk already having left to scout the camp, Korlann quickly joins the others in preparing for the coming day's battles. Discussing their plans over the light fare they have for breakfast, Korlann listens to Dergosh's comments before nodding, and saying, "If you can provide him with added protection, it would certainly help - at the same time, if they have archers, you would likely want to have some magic available for dealing with them while Kuros and I work on the rest of their group."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #262

The warforged's second watch went by slowly, but safely. After the night's events, that is something she could not have been thankful enough for. Ruk awoke before the others to scout the enemy encampment, and Three was sure that was actually what he was going to do. He didn't flee when the Company had been attack by the Shambling Mound, something much more dangerous than a handful of bandits, so why would he flee now?
    After the rest of her companions awakened, Three finished her watch and returned to her wagon. In it was her chest, and in that was a small amount of magical goods to distribute before the third ambush in as many days. Hopefully Ruk had not been caught, so the Company could have the element of surprise again.
    Three joined in on her companions' conversation, carrying three small bottles. She handed one to Korlann and one to Kuros before speaking. “Here, Oleg gave these to us. Drink them, and their magic will help to deflect blows. And this one,” Three shook the last bottle side-to-side for emphasis, before handing it to one of Kuros' other hands, “Should be rubbed on one of your weapons, not drank. The weapon will act as if it was enchanted. The effects of these potions will only function for one minute, so be sure to use it right before the battle.”
    She turned her face to Korlann before continuing, “As for the archers, I don't think I have anything to help directly with that. I was planning on enchanting my crossbow with Bane again, so I can just shoot them while the rest of you engage in melee. ” Three shrugged her shoulders, “The Mound had a scroll of Silent Image for some reason, so I can cast that again, but I'm not sure it would make much of a difference this time. I think we would be better off if I just provided ranged support.”

23. - Top - End - #263

OrcBarbarianGuy

Having understood from Three that Ruk had gone off to scout, Dergosh stared impatiently into the woods awaiting the kobold’s return. He checked the cinch holding his blood encrusted mace at his belt, hitched his armor a notch tighter, and ensured his twin spears, Ilneval and Shargaas, were secure at his back, in reach should any bandits need a quick impaling.

He looked at Kuros, Korlann, and Three. “Should we go see if little dragon fell in hole on way to bandits?”

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruk picked his way through the underbrush on his way back to camp, thinking over what he'd seen. Tree stands... those could cause trouble. The sun had been up for over an hour by the time he heard the murmurings in his own camp. Good that they're awake, we should get moving soon.
    He entered the camp and greeted the party quietly. He probably didn't need to be as quiet as he was, but he had gotten accustomed to making little sound.
    "Alright everyone, gather round. I'll do my best to show you what I saw."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ruk unloads the info from Saint's post and attempts to draw a top-down map of the camp with a stick in the dirt.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuros gets ready for the battle today, tending to his weapons and nodding at Three's explanation of the potions. When Ruk returns, Kuros ponders the information about the tree blinds and says, "If someone climbs up to one of those quietly they could take out the lookout and take it as a sniper perch. But just the fact that we know of them limits their usefulness since we know to hide from them on our approach if we want to get in quietly. Also, they only have four people in camp, unless those bandits up the trees are a particularly good shot they won't be much help for the bandits below.

If anything, I really don't want Kressle to get away, we promised Oleg his wife's wedding band back and I wouldn't want that Stag Lord person to know of us and cause trouble. After we take the camp we can hang out and use those tree blinds ourselves."

26. - Top - End - #266

"I could try and slip ahead and take out one of the platforms before we attack, stop them getting a warning out... if you even want me in the fight. I'll probably just screw this one up too." With his current record, it was a miracle they hadn't already gotten rid of him, and he wasn't feeling hopeful for a massive turn around.

He really wasn't built for this.

27. - Top - End - #267

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bcool999 View Post
    Kuros gets ready for the battle today, tending to his weapons and nodding at Three's explanation of the potions. When Ruk returns, Kuros ponders the information about the tree blinds and says, "If someone climbs up to one of those quietly they could take out the lookout and take it as a sniper perch.
    Dergosh shot Kuros a puzzled glance. Quietly? He shook his head, and turning to the kobold asked, "Ruk, how high up in tree is bandit? He stand on big platform, or little?"
    Last edited by Mercurion 2; 2018-06-27 at 09:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"The platforms are about 20 feet up and 10 feet around. Fairly solid vantage point."

29. - Top - End - #269

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dergosh blinked at Ruk. "How many orcs high is that?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

"About three, I'd say," Korlann replies to Dergosh's question, before turning towards Gakan. "If you can take out one of the bandits on the platforms, that would be ideal - one of the platforms is going to notice us no matter what, so if you can clear off the closer platform for us, then Three can take sniping position from there and try to bring down the bandit on the other platform while Ruk, Dergosh, Kuros and myself head into the main camp and clear it out."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM