Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1236
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dark's Age of Worms IC

Louise

Louise stood and watched as the last of the Grimlocks fell over, dead. Taking a moment to breathe, she made her way across the bridge and looked to Reynauld.

"Are you alright?"
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2021-01-01 at 06:02 PM.

I am DMing: Avaritia Auri (Ilyrland IC, Kezir IC, OOC)

I am playing: Louise (IC, OOC)

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The crusader's barrel chest heaved with the effort of battle, but Reynauld seemed to still be in good spirits.
    "These heretic scum are doughty fighters, I'll give them that. But come, let us press on. A small healing spell might be in order, but I've a mind to purge this particular nest of the triad this very day!"

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

"He isn't, but he will be soon enough." Simone spoke for her bodyguard, believing that he would have answered in the affirmative regardless.

CLW on Reynauld
    (1d8+5)[9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

Once she had crossed over the bridge Cordellia swiped her free hand across the air, the fabric of the world before her twinkling for a moment, and the shimmering manifestation concentrated into a scintillating shield hovering around her barely perceivable with the naked eye. "Yes, I've had just about enough of these underground freaks. Let us strike with haste."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cordellia casts Shield on herself
    Im a Terrorist not an idiot. - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Continuing on, the grand horseshoe cavern contracts once more into a rough natural tunnel. The slow descent of the preceding tunnels is replaced by a steep ascent, as the tunnel rises at a nearly forty-five degree angle. As the party nears a bend that suggests a leveling of the tunnel, the walls begin to glitter with thin veins of iron, untouched by miner's hands. As the tunnel straightens, Reynauld spies another chamber ahead, but a sound from Louise slows the party's advance. The factotum catches the sound of rough voices ahead, no doubt more foul grimlocks.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Reynauld seems eager to continue the fight; Simone's strength-enhancing miracle would not last all day, after all.
    "Let us press on," he said quietly to his companions, "Be ready for battle!"

(Reynauld will continue to DEUS VULT forward)

7. - Top - End - #1207

Louise

Louise drew her bow again, an arrow at the ready.

"Be on your guard. I hear more Grimlocks ahead."

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Proceeding up the last stretch of tunnel, Reynauld emerges into another open space. The roof of this large cavern glistens twenty feet above and is traced with faint veins of iron ore. The quarters here are tight and cramped. Barely ten feet to the east, the cavern floor rises up into a nearly vertical slope. Atop the cliff, Reynauld hears the guttural sound of grimlock speech come to a sudden halt, replaced by the rattle of weapons.

Show
    The party's advance has been detected by the Grimlocks! Ascending the 10 foot cliff to the next level of the cavern requires a DC 5 Climb check.

The party seizes the initiative! Arrange your marching order behind Reynauld in the Caves of Erythnul battle map.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Undaunted by the vertical obstacles, Reynauld performed the Shadow Hand kata, vanishing through shadow to the top of the pit. Two grimlocks awaited him, blind to the light of his sunrod. The crusader repositioned himself, ready to intercept with his spiked gauntlet and lucerne hammer.

Show

Reynauld uses shadow jump to get to the top of the pit, then moves to put his back in a corner to prevent flanking. I doubt any grimlocks are going to do more than 5 ft. step, but in case they do he's ready to take some AoO's

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm right behind you, Reynauld!" In an effort to keep at Reynauld's back, Simone trudged up the incline, her heavy armor weighing her down with every step.

Climb
    [roll]1d20-7[roll]
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

Corinne

As the group joined battle once more, Corinne took up her song, taking up a ranged stance at a (relatively) safe distance.

Show
    Inspire Courage!
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

12. - Top - End - #1212

Louise

As best she could, Louise quickly scrabbled up the cliff, and then, turning quickly, loosed an arrow at the Grimlock not yet fighting with Reynauld.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

Cordellia followed alongside Simone, grasping at the air as they simultaneously tumbled down to the hard rocks below, and while Simone crashed with a clatter of armor Cordellia gently floated to a halt like a feather. Her hat drifted through the air whimsically, careening down in a looping arc that accentuated the incredulous position she had found herself in as it landed squarely on her forehead at a downward tilt. A small sneer crept on her face. She blew the hat up to see clearly then snapped her eyes to Simone.

"We keep this to our graves." She whispered to Simone, fire in her eyes, and grabbed her by the pauldron.

"Yes! That's right! Simone is right behind you!" She shouted up as her head swiveled towards Louise and proffered a sylvan incantation. The words danced on the dank cave air, shimmering briefly into sight, and then wrapping around the two battle-hardened women. Crossing her eyes, Cordellia blinked and upon opening them Simone stood triumphantly where Louise was and the Factotum was down alongside her.

"You know Louise, I think I'll stay down here. This is on the higher end of the floors I've laid down on. Do you think these Grimlocks have some spirits on hand? Maybe some fungus tea..." She sat horizontally with her back against the floor, legs stretched up against the cliff wall, and finger running along her lips as she stared at the ceiling with fanciful decoration ideas.

Spoiler: Spellz
    Show

Cordellia casts Benign Transposition on Louise and Simone
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

Surmounting the cliff, Louise's arrow catches one of the grimlocks in the throat, sending it spiraling away in a spray of blood even as she is transposed with Simone. The grimlock facing Reynauld grips its longspear tightly before shouting a guttural alarum. Numerous savage voices answer back from the cave mouth above the battlefield, and the remaining sentry braces to deflect any attack.

Show
    The remaining grimlock goes on Total Defense! The party is up!

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Reynauld focused on the remaining defender, doing his best to punch through his parries and dodges with his spiked gauntlet, supernatural force behind his fist.

Show

Reynauld will try to Foehammer this boy.

Attack: (1d20+11)[18]
    Damage: (1d4+6)[9] + (2d6)[9]
    If he hits, he will heal 2 hp from his stance.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

Corinne

Nocking an arrow, Corinne let loose at the remaining grimlock.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking a peek around Reynauld's bicep, Simone could here the din of approaching enemies and cast Protection from Evil on herself.
    #Notallinfluencers

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh they just had to ruin a good thing by bringing more in." Cordellia shook her head and quickly flipped and twirled into the fray of combat "One entrance, I see." She stuck her tongue inside her mouth against her cheek and quickly thumbed a small red bead from within her mouth that expanded through the air into a great burning orb. Slamming into the cave mouth it crackled with iridescent pyromancy. Rapier readied in one hand she swept the glowing implement in a sweeping arc beside her.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #1219

Louise

Scrabbling back up the cliff, Louise decided that Reynauld had the remaining Grimlock in the room well in hand, and readied an arrow to try to catch any Grimlock that would try to enter the room.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Louise moves from AH 82 to AJ 86 after making her climb check in the OOC. If she can still make an action after, she will ready an attack for the first Grimlock to enter the room.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

Dodging Reynauld's blow, the grimlock sentry shifts around the crusader while maintaining his defensive posture. A multitude of voices cry out in dismay from the chamber above as Cordellia's flaming sphere blocks off the only passage, delaying the grimlock tide for the moment. However, those voices are soon drowned out by the guttural scream that echoes out from the east. Entering the light of Reynauld's sunrod is a truly massive beast of a grimlock, its grey skin covered in ritualistic scars and tattoos twining together into Erythnul's holy symbol. Head shaved bald and ears studded with bones, the chieftain of the grimlocks hefts a greataxe and snarls.

"Humans! Erythnul sends you to test me! Sing of my power once you fall at my hand!"

With that, the zealot leaps down to menace Simone and Louise.

Show
    G1 five-foot steps down one and goes on Total Defense again. The party is up.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

"Vile fool! We weren't sent by Erythnul to test you, we were sent by the mighty Pelor to destroy you!" Simone took a quick step backwards and cast Magic Weapon on her Heavy Mace.
    #Notallinfluencers

22. - Top - End - #1222

Louise

Louise did not opt to taunt the zealot, but instead tumbled back out of his reach before bringing up her bow and snapping off an arrow at him.

Show
    As noted in the OOC, I start by moving from AJ 86 to AN 86, making a tumble check of 17 to avoid getting hit by an AoO.

Then I attack GC.
    Attack: 15
    Damage: 10

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Reynauld moved to flank the newly arrived grimlock chieftain, who seemed a more worthy opponent. His voice joined Simone's as he struck out with his spiked gauntlet, the reach of his lucerne hammer limiting his foe's options in the tight confines of the cave.
    "Long may the sun shine!"

Show

Reynauld will move into a flank with Simone (I believe going on full defense prevents one from taking AoO's, so the spear guy shouldn't be a concern).

Reynauld will attack with a Mountain Hammer, healing 2 hp and ignoring DR if it hits.
    Attack: (1d20+13)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+6)[9] + (2d6)[5]

Then as a swift action, he will change stances to Iron Guard's Glare; any enemy in Reynauld's threatened area takes a -4 penalty on attacks against anyone but Reynauld himself.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

Folding her hands one over the other, Cordellia entwined her fingers, and began to bend and shape them into different patterns as a soft lilac light spilled forth from her palms. The light wrapped around each finger, threading her movements one by one, and shimmering into a tangible form as she turned deftly to pocket something amidst the legerdemain. Tossing out a small spider web she flicked her wrist and released the cat's cradle of bound arcane power. Like lightning striking the ground it sought out the web like some kind of vessel and in the flash between the tangible and the fantastical the flowery silk spell filled the length of the Chieftain's entrance and attempted to snarl them in the process.

"What!?!? Humans. Just because you're some big troglodyte cousin brute doesn't mean you have to be racist." She harumphed and turned away from the scene, folding her arms and turning up her head. She focused briefly, scrunching her brow as she nudged the rolling ball of flame towards the nearest grotesquity.

Spoiler: SPELLZ
    Show

Cast Web, DC 16 Reflex Save

Move the Flaming Sphere forward and hit the Grimlock waiting in line, DC 17 Reflex Save

(2d6)[7]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Corinne

Continuing her bardsong, Corinne nocked an arrow and sent it whistling toward the closest foe.

Show
    Continuing to Inspire.
    Attack on G1: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[4]

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ettin in the Playground

Cordellia's spell fills the cavern with ropey strands of webbing, ensnaring the grimlock chieftain even as he manages to avoid being completely cocooned. Reynauld's blow hits home against the frothing warrior, but Louise's arrow ricochets harmlessly off his axe. The grimlock formerly menaced by Reynauld has the presence of mind to dodge Corinne's shot, but his fellows in the passage above are not so lucky - screams of pain and the smell of burning flesh are quick to follow as the flaming sphere begins its passage east. Undaunted by the sudden surge of violence, the chieftain risks's Simone and Reynauld's blows to emerge from the web, before turning his full fury on the crusader. The axe bites deep, and only Pelor's mercy spares Louise a spurt of blood. Seizing on the opportunity, the grimlock sentry moves to flank Cordellia, but even that advantage is insufficient to breach her wards.

Show
    The chieftain provokes from Reynauld and Simone. Reynauld suffers 12 damage from the chieftain's greataxe. The party is up!

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

"Reynauld! Hold fast!" Simone grit her teeth against the quailing in her heart at seeing Reynauld's blood spilled so copiously and swung her mace at the chieftain as he brushed past her.

AoO (Magic Weapon)
    (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[5]
    Move to flank and attack again
    (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[10]
    #Notallinfluencers

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Reynauld was grinning behind his visor, despite himself. The doughty grimlock chieftain was a foe more worthy of his valor!
    "Let us cross swords together, my lady! Let the sun smile upon this jolly cooperation!"

Reynauld dropped his lucerne hammer, drawing his great axe for better up-close butchery as he did his best to hound his foe.

Show

First the AoO with the spiked gauntlet: (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage: (1d4+6)[9]

Assuming that doesn't kill him, Reynauld will have 10 damage in his steely resolve reservoir. He'll drop his hammer and draw his great axe with a move action, then attack our boy with Crusader's Strike
    Attack: (1d20+15)[25]
    Damage: (1d12+10)[11] and heal himself (1d6+4)[5]

Iron Guard's Glare is still active.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Louise

With Reynauld between her and the Chieftain, Louise did not nock another arrow, but rather turned her attention to the north. Lifting a hand and firing off a series of rote movements, she willed a pile of grease to appear to the north, attempting to slip up the Grimlock there and provide a barrier to any others who might get past the flaming sphere.

Show
    Louise casts Grease in the area now marked in Red Berry on the map. All those within the area, or who enter it, must make a DC 15 Reflex save or else fall prone.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

Cordellia gasped, clasping her cheeks with both hands "Louise! You know that spell? What else have you been holding out on me!" She continued to turn her head away from the flailing Overseer of Obnoxious Oafs and focused her sights on the now slippery foe "Just for that I'm not even going to watch you die. That's how little I care about you and your opinion." She held her hand out imperiously, rocking her whole body in the motion, and illuminating nearly her entire being with the wave of kaleidoscopic flames expelled in the motion.

Spoiler: Burning Hands on G1
    Show

Casting Defensively:(1d20+9)[22]

Reflex Save 16

(5d4)[15]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█