Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default PbP music and sound effects

Hello there, I'm about to start a PbP game, hopefully this one will last very long :D

Anyway, I'm big fan of using sounds and music to establish the mood and ambiance for a scene, but I don't want to provide link to videos since they often ruin immersion is there any way or any site where you can deploy music and sound in the thread without the video's name or the iamges spoiling the mood?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2018-05-11 at 06:17 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    ."Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: PbP music and sound effects

I usually match up a picture with ambient music from YouTube. The picture in the PbB thread is the link to the music which can be accessed via "Right Click + Open In New Tab" or single click with the middle mouse button. This way, the music video opens in a new tab and the player stays at the tab with the RPG and the picture.

Example:

Faction: The Rhajit

Background text...
    Last edited by Berenger; 2018-05-12 at 07:43 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello there, I'm about to start a PbP game, hopefully this one will last very long :D

Anyway, I'm big fan of using sounds and music to establish the mood and ambiance for a scene, but I don't want to provide link to videos since they often ruin immersion is there any way or any site where you can deploy music and sound in the thread without the video's name or the iamges spoiling the mood?

Even if it was possible to make music play automatically like on certain websites, chances are your players would want to kill you.

Links are totally fine. If players want the ambiance, they can click the link. Berenger's example above is a very nice one.
    RHoD: Soah | SC: Green Sparrow | WotBS: Sheliya |RoW: Raani | SA: Ariste | IG: Hemali | RoA: Abelia | WftC: Elize | Zeitgeist: Rutile
    Mystara: Othariel | Vette | Scarlet

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

No dude, just link it. works fine. Been doing that for my game as long as possible, doesn't ruin immersion, just to click back to the original tab to read it. I mostly use for battle music though, kind of vital when my characters super form is cosplaying as Asriel dreamurr and I need to go Hopes and Dreams on somebody.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25!