New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5e Subclass Contest Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    Spoiler: College of the Brush
    Show

Bardic College, you need to mention that for the sake of clarity.

Living Art: How does the bard command them? What do they do if there is no command? How long does it take to make them? Can you have more than one at a time?

I can't believe I am saying this, but level 3 seems weak you need more. May I suggest an extra use for bardic inspiration? That is standard for a bard from official sources.

Protection of Expression: So, it lasts half your level in rounds. And it gets HP = bard level + charisma. Does each person get that much damage reduction, or is it overall? If it's each person, then it seem cool. If it's overall it's underpowered.

Artistic Details:
    Reach: Can this be applied more than once?
    There is nothing to increase the to hit chance that I see. a +2 is not going to cut it for long.

Mentioned and clarified
    added turns and commands stuff
    I'll try and think something up extra for 3rd level. But I don't think it's to underpowered having a flat 1d6 extra damage, a semi-meat shield and an extra set of hands.
    It's overall
    Doesn't say it can and added something to add higher hit chance
    Last edited by sleepyhead; 2020-05-06 at 01:15 PM.
    My limited homebrew experience
    oh hey didn't see you there

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Still trying to think of an idea for this one. But I have a question I want to get peoples' opinion on.

How long should we wait before reintroducing old themes back into the pool? There's no real reason we couldn't do a second It's Technical eventually, I'm just wondering how long everyone would rather we wait in between.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    Still trying to think of an idea for this one. But I have a question I want to get peoples' opinion on.

How long should we wait before reintroducing old themes back into the pool? There's no real reason we couldn't do a second It's Technical eventually, I'm just wondering how long everyone would rather we wait in between.
    I'd say three or four contests would be a good minimum for reintroducing an old contest.
    Last edited by SleeplessWriter; 2020-05-14 at 12:35 PM.
    "Now get on your flying boat and stop a crazy dwarf vampire from committing election fraud!"

www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1025.html

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

I would say 6 contests. That equates to about 6 months, which seems like a decent amount of time between to me.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, darn. I don't know that I'll get a submission in this time. I had an idea, but I feel like yet-another-tattoo-based-one is overloading it, and (more damning) it was too dependent on a specific other class being present. And I never quite came up with a way to do it stand-alone, keeping ribbon features for cooperation, and make it work out balanced.

I might try still, but good luck to those who did get their ideas written out!

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I added some new spells that work thematically for the Volumancer.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler: Formulated Rage
    Show
    Formulated Rage

Starting at 3rd level, you can present your prospective enemies with a form that allows them to proceed with combat in a document-approved manner. Once during your Rage, as an action you can present a creature within 5 feet of you with a magically binding combat approval form. A creature must be able to understand a language for it to know that it must fill-out this form, but it does not need to share a language with you. The creature must spend its next action filling out the form and signing it for verification. As a part of this action, they must make a contested Intelligence check against your Bureaucracy skill. On a successful check, the creature correctly completes the form, and the form disappears. On a failure, it must repeat this action on its next turn. While a creature is in the process of filling out the form, you cannot make weapon attacks against that creature. Impertinence is unbecoming of you.
    While a creature is in the process of filling out the form, your Rage can only be ended early if you fall unconscious or if you choose to end it.

Is Formulated Rage still too strong? I know that it doesn't follow the normal standard of design for 5e (a saving throw to negate an effect at the end of each round), but there are at least few spells that require checks instead of saves. If the check was changed from a contested Intelligence check to a contested Wisdom check, it would bring the power level down and still make sense thematically, but I have yet to come up with a good way to restructure the ability to use saving throws without nerfing it into the ground. Any thoughts?
    Spoiler: Homebrew Subclasses by RickAsWritten
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably needs a rebalance and it's further afield from the theme than I usually do (Ironically, it would have been better last contest), but it was on my to-make list already. The Constellar Fighter is written for a first draft at least!

I'm sorry I haven't given any feedback this cycle. I either started running or playing in several new games since this one went up, and a lot of my creativity has gone into that lately. I've hit a routine with all of those (hopefully) now, though, and should be able to be more active next contest.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2020-05-21 at 04:09 PM.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Tor View Post
    I added some new spells that work thematically for the Volumancer.
    Not sure I'm a big fan of the time increasing/decreasing on the casting of the spells. It's an added complication I wouldn't want to deal with as a DM, but that is just me.

Scroll of Instruction - This one seems broken to me. A second level spell that gives proficiency with a skill for 10 days?

Quote Originally Posted by RickAsWritten View Post
    Spoiler: Formulated Rage
    Show
    Formulated Rage

Starting at 3rd level, you can present your prospective enemies with a form that allows them to proceed with combat in a document-approved manner. Once during your Rage, as an action you can present a creature within 5 feet of you with a magically binding combat approval form. A creature must be able to understand a language for it to know that it must fill-out this form, but it does not need to share a language with you. The creature must spend its next action filling out the form and signing it for verification. As a part of this action, they must make a contested Intelligence check against your Bureaucracy skill. On a successful check, the creature correctly completes the form, and the form disappears. On a failure, it must repeat this action on its next turn. While a creature is in the process of filling out the form, you cannot make weapon attacks against that creature. Impertinence is unbecoming of you.
    While a creature is in the process of filling out the form, your Rage can only be ended early if you fall unconscious or if you choose to end it.

Is Formulated Rage still too strong? I know that it doesn't follow the normal standard of design for 5e (a saving throw to negate an effect at the end of each round), but there are at least few spells that require checks instead of saves. If the check was changed from a contested Intelligence check to a contested Wisdom check, it would bring the power level down and still make sense thematically, but I have yet to come up with a good way to restructure the ability to use saving throws without nerfing it into the ground. Any thoughts?
    My biggest issue with it right now is that there is no way for them to prevent it from the beginning. When you use this ability, you guarantee that you shut down a creature for 1 round, which can make a gigantic difference in a single fight.

Probably needs a rebalance and it's further afield from the theme than I usually do (Ironically, it would have been better last contest), but it was on my to-make list already. The Constellar Fighter is written for a first draft at least!

I'm sorry I haven't given any feedback this cycle. I either started running or playing in several new games since this one went up, and a lot of my creativity has gone into that lately. I've hit a routine with all of those (hopefully) now, though, and should be able to be more active next contest.
    Spoiler: Martial Archetype: The Constellar
    Show

Astronomers tools don't actually exist in 5e, so you may want to define them with their weight and cost and such.

Constellar Technique - That's pretty harsh that it uses you action surge, considering just how good action surge it. However, as long as the power of these is decent then it will probably be fine.

It seemed like level 3 was pretty front loaded at first, but while looking at it more it's seem fine.

Armor Etching - Technically this allows the PC to etch it on armor or a shield then give it to someone else (you can also do this for a . Is this on purpose? Also, you should mention in here that you still only get one use of the etching. As I was reading it, I was thinking you could do 1 weapon and 1 armor. However, in read further the 15th levle ability lets you do that.

Convergence Signs - This skill is pretty meh in my mind personally. I can get opposing signs by doing an ally of an ally already if I want ti badly enough. Something else would be nice here.

Improved Constellar Techniques - This ability is kind of not exciting for a capstone. You get one more use of a power that you have already been using for a long time with action surges. Also, 1 more use per long rest is even less exciting when you are getting your 2 uses of action surge back with a short rest. I would re-consider this ability, or at least give it back at the end of a short rest instead of a long one.

-For Weapon on the judge, do you round up or down for force damage?
    -Armor on the emperor, does that stack with Defensive fighting style?-
    -Weapon on the Siblings, may want to make this not stack with advantage. It's a huge boon with SS or GWM (especially archery style, advantage, a magic weapon, and SS). I would abuse the heck out of this.
    -Constellar Technique on the Siblings is really, really abusable by a Rogue/Fighter multiclass. So, so many sneak attacks with an archer.
    -Constellar Technique on the Gambler is not worth it. A single attack at advantage at the cost of an action surge? I don't think I would ever bother.

Overall I like the subclass, there are a lot of good things going on here. For the most part I have questions, but a few other comments.

Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

My biggest issue with it right now is that there is no way for them to prevent it from the beginning. When you use this ability, you guarantee that you shut down a creature for 1 round, which can make a gigantic difference in a single fight.
    Mmmm, valid point. Thinking about it on those terms, it's pretty similar to the spell Phantasmal Force. So a change to: save on activation and then a skill check to get rid of; probably make it a Wisdom save since it's still pretty strong and collectively, monsters have much higher Wisdom than Intelligence.

Barbarian Primal Path: Path of the Bureaucrat

I updated it. Thanks nickl_2000, I always look forward to your input, and had had a bit of homebrewer's block on how to fix it.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RickAsWritten View Post
    Mmmm, valid point. Thinking about it on those terms, it's pretty similar to the spell Phantasmal Force. So a change to: save on activation and then a skill check to get rid of; probably make it a Wisdom save since it's still pretty strong and collectively, monsters have much higher Wisdom than Intelligence.

Barbarian Primal Path: Path of the Bureaucrat

I updated it. Thanks nickl_2000, I always look forward to your input, and had had a bit of homebrewer's block on how to fix it.
    That works perfectly me
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Martial Archetype: The Constellar
    Show

Astronomers tools don't actually exist in 5e, so you may want to define them with their weight and cost and such.

Constellar Technique - That's pretty harsh that it uses you action surge, considering just how good action surge it. However, as long as the power of these is decent then it will probably be fine.

It seemed like level 3 was pretty front loaded at first, but while looking at it more it's seem fine.

Armor Etching - Technically this allows the PC to etch it on armor or a shield then give it to someone else (you can also do this for a . Is this on purpose? Also, you should mention in here that you still only get one use of the etching. As I was reading it, I was thinking you could do 1 weapon and 1 armor. However, in read further the 15th levle ability lets you do that.

Convergence Signs - This skill is pretty meh in my mind personally. I can get opposing signs by doing an ally of an ally already if I want ti badly enough. Something else would be nice here.

Improved Constellar Techniques - This ability is kind of not exciting for a capstone. You get one more use of a power that you have already been using for a long time with action surges. Also, 1 more use per long rest is even less exciting when you are getting your 2 uses of action surge back with a short rest. I would re-consider this ability, or at least give it back at the end of a short rest instead of a long one.

-For Weapon on the judge, do you round up or down for force damage?
    -Armor on the emperor, does that stack with Defensive fighting style?-
    -Weapon on the Siblings, may want to make this not stack with advantage. It's a huge boon with SS or GWM (especially archery style, advantage, a magic weapon, and SS). I would abuse the heck out of this.
    -Constellar Technique on the Siblings is really, really abusable by a Rogue/Fighter multiclass. So, so many sneak attacks with an archer.
    -Constellar Technique on the Gambler is not worth it. A single attack at advantage at the cost of an action surge? I don't think I would ever bother.

Overall I like the subclass, there are a lot of good things going on here. For the most part I have questions, but a few other comments.
    Spoiler: Feedback response
    Show

I could have sworn they existed. I'll add a weight and cost here.

Armor Etching is supposed to allow Weapon + Armor as soon as it's gained. Dual Etching at 15 is supposed to allow Weapon + Armor + (Weapon or Armor). I'll try to fix the wording.

I'll add something bigger in addition to Convergence Signs but I will note that you only learn 4 signs naturally (2 to start, +1 at 7 and again at 15), and there are 8 total signs, so you can't get any sign and its opposite through other means besides Convergence Signs. (If you started with The Hunter/The Soldier, you'd only be able to reach The Judge using the normal signs learned). That said this is still a pretty weak feature for level 10 and I'll come up with something in the next two days to hopefully make it stronger.

Improved Constellar Techniques At this point I wasn't sure what else to give the class. I considered introducing a stronger version of each technique, but there's already a lot going on with each sign. I could bump this up to short rest recovery though.

Armor for the Emperor does stack with Defensive fighting style, but not with magic equipment. I'm not sure what you mean for Weapon on the Siblings and advantage (do you mean The Gambler?). I may change this to granting allies the bonus instead though (similar to Wolf Totem Barbarian, but +1 instead of advantage).

Technique: Siblings Yeah I wrote this all in one big chunk and didn't really do a balance pass to consider multiclass yet. I wasn't satisfied with the longer duration on this effect anyway, I'd rather limit the techniques to short-duration effects.
    Technique: Gambler I wanted to be cautious, since the main use for this is forcing an enemy to attack another enemy, and a lot of enemies have much bigger damage dice than player characters. When you get it at level 3, it matches Action Surge (1 extra attack) and is actually slightly better because of Advantage, though against large groups of weak enemies you'd probably still use the baseline AS. At level 5, it's not quite as good as AS by itself but the Advantage and potential for larger damage makes it situationally better. At level 11 (Extra Attack 2), you can get two such attacks, potentially having both with advantage, keeping it situational (though for level 10 it's once again strictly better). Level 20 is the only level where I'd say that AS is strictly better, and even there if you're fighting at least two monsters and at least one of them has an attack that does more average damage than two of yours, this is better. I'll remove the restriction on focusing on one target to make this a little more palatable.

Thanks for feedback even though I posted with like...three days to go!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Feedback response
    Show

I could have sworn they existed. I'll add a weight and cost here.

Armor Etching is supposed to allow Weapon + Armor as soon as it's gained. Dual Etching at 15 is supposed to allow Weapon + Armor + (Weapon or Armor). I'll try to fix the wording.

I'll add something bigger in addition to Convergence Signs but I will note that you only learn 4 signs naturally (2 to start, +1 at 7 and again at 15), and there are 8 total signs, so you can't get any sign and its opposite through other means besides Convergence Signs. (If you started with The Hunter/The Soldier, you'd only be able to reach The Judge using the normal signs learned). That said this is still a pretty weak feature for level 10 and I'll come up with something in the next two days to hopefully make it stronger.

Improved Constellar Techniques At this point I wasn't sure what else to give the class. I considered introducing a stronger version of each technique, but there's already a lot going on with each sign. I could bump this up to short rest recovery though.

Armor for the Emperor does stack with Defensive fighting style, but not with magic equipment. I'm not sure what you mean for Weapon on the Siblings and advantage (do you mean The Gambler?). I may change this to granting allies the bonus instead though (similar to Wolf Totem Barbarian, but +1 instead of advantage).

Technique: Siblings Yeah I wrote this all in one big chunk and didn't really do a balance pass to consider multiclass yet. I wasn't satisfied with the longer duration on this effect anyway, I'd rather limit the techniques to short-duration effects.
    Technique: Gambler I wanted to be cautious, since the main use for this is forcing an enemy to attack another enemy, and a lot of enemies have much bigger damage dice than player characters. When you get it at level 3, it matches Action Surge (1 extra attack) and is actually slightly better because of Advantage, though against large groups of weak enemies you'd probably still use the baseline AS. At level 5, it's not quite as good as AS by itself but the Advantage and potential for larger damage makes it situationally better. At level 11 (Extra Attack 2), you can get two such attacks, potentially having both with advantage, keeping it situational (though for level 10 it's once again strictly better). Level 20 is the only level where I'd say that AS is strictly better, and even there if you're fighting at least two monsters and at least one of them has an attack that does more average damage than two of yours, this is better. I'll remove the restriction on focusing on one target to make this a little more palatable.

Thanks for feedback even though I posted with like...three days to go!
    For the weapon, I meant the siblings. You are giving a +1 to hit, which can stack with magical bonuses and advantage. Add onto that +2 to hit with archery fighting style and you can get a massive, massive bonus to hit.

For the gambler I totally misunderstood what was happening there. You should clarify that you are forcing an enemy to attack another enemy. I was just thinking that you were just giving your ally advantage on an attack against an enemy. That completely changes this ability to me. Yes, it is certainly worth it at this point!

I apologize for not understanding everything, I was trying to get comments out quickly and clearly misunderstood some of the abilities. You've got a great start going though!
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

For the weapon, I meant the siblings. You are giving a +1 to hit, which can stack with magical bonuses and advantage. Add onto that +2 to hit with archery fighting style and you can get a massive, massive bonus to hit.

For the gambler I totally misunderstood what was happening there. You should clarify that you are forcing an enemy to attack another enemy. I was just thinking that you were just giving your ally advantage on an attack against an enemy. That completely changes this ability to me. Yes, it is certainly worth it at this point!

I apologize for not understanding everything, I was trying to get comments out quickly and clearly misunderstood some of the abilities. You've got a great start going though!
    I changed the siblings. It now is 1/round advantage with the same conditions. I also changed their Technique, though I'm still not perfectly happy with it (it's basically a different version of the Emperor's).
    I changed the "if both creatures are allied" to "if both creatures are hostile to you" in the Gambler to draw attention to the fact that it can (and indeed is encouraged) to be used on hostiles. Technically this is also a slight buff in situations where there are two different groups of bad guys fighting you, but that fits the theme of The Gambler anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

I changed the siblings. It now is 1/round advantage with the same conditions. I also changed their Technique, though I'm still not perfectly happy with it (it's basically a different version of the Emperor's).
    I changed the "if both creatures are allied" to "if both creatures are hostile to you" in the Gambler to draw attention to the fact that it can (and indeed is encouraged) to be used on hostiles. Technically this is also a slight buff in situations where there are two different groups of bad guys fighting you, but that fits the theme of The Gambler anyway.
    I think the issue for me is the clarity of the first sentence. Instead of "A single creature you can see within 30 feet makes a weapon attack against another creature within its range which you can see"

"You force a single creature you can see..." This has the action (action as in verb, not D&D action) in there making it clear that you are making someone do something against their will.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Not sure I'm a big fan of the time increasing/decreasing on the casting of the spells. It's an added complication I wouldn't want to deal with as a DM, but that is just me.
    And most of the time it wouldn't be relevant: you'd either have the time to read it or you wouldn't. It's there for the odd situation where timing is relevant, but I think it's safely ignored.

Scroll of Instruction - This one seems broken to me. A second level spell that gives proficiency with a skill for 10 days?
    A few points:
    • The scroll itself lasts 10 days (if you don't use it) but the spell ends when the scroll is read, and the proficiency only lasts 24 hours. Most of these spells work this way, with the duration being the "shelf life" of the scroll while the duration of the buff/debuff is noted in the spell description.
    • The scroll can only grant proficiency in a skill, tool, or language you are already proficient in, so it's entirely a way to buff an ally, it's useless on yourself. And even then you're only allowing that ally to help cover a skill/tool you already are good at, or a language you can already translate. For the vast majority of skills/tools that puts this solidly in the "very situational" category. The outliers here are Stealth and Perception, where it's always good to have everyone on the team up to par, but even there the spell compares poorly to a spell like Enhance Ability, which is much more versatile and powerful. The main benefit of the scroll by comparison is that it can be "pre-cast" using the slots from the day before and the buff itself lasts a whole day.
    • The spell also consumes 10 gp. That's a token cost, but it's enough to make you pause and think about whether or not you really need to spend your slots making scrolls before you go to bed or not.
    • The long casting time means if you don't already have one of them on you when you need it, you probably don't have the time to cast it, and you have to pick the skill/tool/language at the time of casting. That means it's not useful for unexpected situations, further narrowing its niche.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Damon_Tor View Post
    And most of the time it wouldn't be relevant: you'd either have the time to read it or you wouldn't. It's there for the odd situation where timing is relevant, but I think it's safely ignored.

A few points:
    • The scroll itself lasts 10 days (if you don't use it) but the spell ends when the scroll is read, and the proficiency only lasts 24 hours. Most of these spells work this way, with the duration being the "shelf life" of the scroll while the duration of the buff/debuff is noted in the spell description.
    • The scroll can only grant proficiency in a skill, tool, or language you are already proficient in, so it's entirely a way to buff an ally, it's useless on yourself. And even then you're only allowing that ally to help cover a skill/tool you already are good at, or a language you can already translate. For the vast majority of skills/tools that puts this solidly in the "very situational" category. The outliers here are Stealth and Perception, where it's always good to have everyone on the team up to par, but even there the spell compares poorly to a spell like Enhance Ability, which is much more versatile and powerful. The main benefit of the scroll by comparison is that it can be "pre-cast" using the slots from the day before and the buff itself lasts a whole day.
    • The spell also consumes 10 gp. That's a token cost, but it's enough to make you pause and think about whether or not you really need to spend your slots making scrolls before you go to bed or not.
    • The long casting time means if you don't already have one of them on you when you need it, you probably don't have the time to cast it, and you have to pick the skill/tool/language at the time of casting. That means it's not useful for unexpected situations, further narrowing its niche.

I was completely and utterly confused by the spell and misreading it, after you explained all this I withdraw my complaint. With the duration of 10 days, I thought that mean you get the skill for 10 days and missed reading a lot of the words.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Voting thread for Contest XV is up now!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...6#post24528746

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't forget to vote folks
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Don't forget to vote for The Calligrapher folks
    Good point nickl_2000! Everyone read this, but like, not too closely. Kinda let your eyes glaze over it, and take in the information subconsciously
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, it's the post-extension last day to vote. We got three extra votes in, bringing our total to 8 for ten entries, so I won't be extending it again. If you have a last minute vote now is the time!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

The ink has dried, and it's time to call this contest finished!

In 3rd place, with a total of 9 points earned, we have Damon_Tor's Volumancer! It's scrolls all the way down with this artificer subclass.

In 2nd place, with a total of 10 points earned, we have MoleMage's Constellar! Your star sign might not say a lot about your future but it does say something about how you fight.

And our winner, 1st place, with a total of 11 points earned, it's nickl_2000's Way of the Shrine Guardian! Paint Omamori charms then use them to cast spells, get passive boosts, and just generally be versatile at subduing evil spirits.

Our theme votes came out with a clear winner in It Came From Beyond, and a clear runner up in Hold the Line which stays in the voting pool for next time. Look for Contest XVI soon!
    Okay, voting is tallied, results are posted, and the new thread is already up!

Contest XVI: It Came From Beyond II

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Been a while since I participated in these, but I might come back for this one.

My first thought on "beyond" is "go beyond: plus ultra!" Maybe a subclass about breaking limits? Not sure what class it would be for, but it would most likely involve using your hit die and/or your health as a resource to hit above your weight class.
    Hi, you can call me Void. I prefer she/her or they/them pronouns, please. Yes, "they" is a singular pronoun. I write a superhero webserial called Paternum - check it out!

PEACH My 5e Homebrew, including...

Yet Another Warlock Rewrite (on GiantITP) Playtested Once!

Lycanthrope Base Class (on GiantITP) Contest Winner!

Vampire Base Class (on GiantITP) Full Class!

Inspiration Domain (On GiantITP) In Playtest!

Skinwalker Ranger Subclass (on GiantITP) Silver Medalist!

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for the votes folks :) Now lets see what we can come up with for the next one.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't think you have the url right in there....

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I was quite inspired today, and threw together a subclass in honor of my favorite D&D alien: the froghemoth. It came together pretty quickly, so it definitely needs some ironing of wrinkles, but overall it looks fun to play. As a DM, who doesn't love when a monster has a swallow ability to unleash(engulf) upon your players. Now they can exact their gulping revenge.

Fighter Archetype: Froghemon
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ages back I posted a few 3.5 prestige classes. Is updating them to 5e subclasses kosher?

Also I should update my Calligrapher to have a Sadness character
    Last edited by Lvl45DM!; 2020-06-15 at 09:15 PM.
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    Ages back I posted a few 3.5 prestige classes. Is updating them to 5e subclasses kosher?

Also I should update my Calligrapher to have a Sadness character
    Oh yeah as long as they weren't written as a 5e subclass originally it's completely fine.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by molemage View Post
    oh yeah as long as they weren't written as a 5e subclass originally it's completely fine.
    then the voidspawned rager shall live again
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

I have posted my first shot at the Artificer - Shadow Weaver. This is my first artificer subclass and I'm not completely sure of it yet. Please take a look and rip it apart, if it doesn't seem to fit please let me know.

Forget it, I just don't like it and when I don't like something it never turns out all that well. I'm going to do something else.
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2020-06-16 at 02:01 PM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer