New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default [5e] Forge of Fury IC

On one of your previous adventures you came over a map over a lone hill called the Stone Tooth along with some documents mentioning it's former residents Durgeddin and of his forge. Durgeddin was a master smith who forged blades of surpassing quality and power. Centuries ago, his home was sacked by ores. Durgeddin led the remnants of his clan to the mountains north of the town of Blasingdell and established a small, secret stronghold somewhere in the trackless wilderness.

From his hidden redoubt, he waged a decades-long vendetta against all ore-kind, until his enemies discovered his fortress and attacked it after a long siege. Durgeddin and his followers perished, and much wealth was carried away by the conquering hordes. But it's said that the deepest and best-hidden vaults and armories escaped the looting, and that some of Durgeddin's extraordinary blades still wait in the darkness for a hand bold enough to claim one.

In your search for the Stone Tooth and Durgeddin's legendary treasure you finally struck gold after a visit to the Yawning Portal in Waterdeep. There you met Baron Althon, who has hired you to seek out the forge. The more information you can bring him, the better he'll pay, and he is willing to pay a hefty sum for any blades carrying the master smith's mark.

You've come to Blasingdell, a small mining town on the northern frontier, to see if there's anything to these stories. Your map shows that the old dwarf-hold lies about three days' march to the north of the town. Dark, deeply forested hills rise beyond the town's outskirts.

It is currently late in the day, and you have all spent a long time on the road. The small town of Blasingdell offers a chance for warm beds and a good meal along with some current news. There are however still a few hours left of daylight if you want to press on.

OOC
    Last edited by Dain Broadbeam; 2018-07-27 at 10:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] Forge of Fury IC

Kefka

Kefka is starting to getting annoying of this road, he sighs and says to the others "I don't remember how is the taste of a good food, I miss pumpkin pie, I miss bacon and cheese and more than anything else I miss wine." as he is talking each of the item appear in his hand, first a big piece of pie, second some tasty looking cheese and bacon, and finally a fancy bottle of Elven Wine. When he gets to the last one he start pretending that he is drinking from the bottle.

"Let's hurry, Blasingdell is probably around the corner! Also, you probably are all tired of me wine-ing so much." he says while the bottle illusion dissapear from his hand.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Minor ilusion to create some tasty food and wine appear in his hand while talking about then.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Konan

"I'd prefer to get some rooms and use the evening to gather information, rather than pressing on blindly then sleeping on the ground."

Konan looks to Theodorus, expecting an easy agreement.

4. - Top - End - #4

"I was about to say Kefka, you have all the whine you need right with you. I almost asked if you would like some cheese with it." Krag'tor gives a wry, playful grin. "It will be good to get out of the wilds for a small time. They remind me of home a little, but perhaps Blasingdell will offer better amusement than your puns." That same smile continues with the practised ease of a man who has spent a good deal of time learning how to charm a crowd with naught but his face and ability to shed blood. "Besides, our beloved Bookwyrm is right, we can learn a lot more about where we're going from people than from an open road."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

As the unlikely party made their way down the road, one of them, at least, was singing quietly, her voice smooth and resonant.
    "♫ Heave lads! Ho lads! Forget the comforts of home, you're a nomad!
    "
    Mia had rested her sheathed sword across her shoulders rather than hanging it from her waist. The moonlight glow of the blade was hidden by wood and steel, and the tattoos on her arms shifted as the muscles moved. Her pack clinked softly as she walked, a metallic beat to the song that tumbled softly from her lips - an old hill-dwarf tune she'd learned from a withered old greybeard a few years back.
    " So pray to your lord or your foreman," she continued, "That the sun might rise in the mornin'...♫ "

She let the song stop as she listened to the others. A quick grin split her features as she heard the wordplay between them, especially as it seemed they were inclined towards the same ideas as she.
    "Well, my lads," she smiled. "I'm thinkin' we're agreed a pit-stop would hardly be goin' amiss then, aye? I would nay mind a bed a hair better than me cloak o'er the ground, I can tell ye that true."
    Last edited by Awful; 2018-07-27 at 06:31 PM.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kefka

"Yeah, yeah, and gathering information...We can do that while we drink and eat!" he says agreeing with the draconian assessment.

"I will give you that, my puns are not so pun-tastic at this moment! But I will keep improving my goliath friend..." says sarcasticaly, Kefka tries to gives a small pat to his shoulder and is unable doing so - only reaching around his chest. "...you are as right about my pun as you are tall!" Kefka makes a small gesture with his hand and whisper the worlds Taika Käsi out of thin air a purple/red spectrall hand appears floating in the air and gives a small tap into the Goliath shoulder.

He then gives a small applause "That was really good song, well done Mia!" he keeps going happy about the perspective up ahead "Yeah, don't you let me start talking about beds as well...I need of a good bath followed by a nice confy bed to sleep tonight, preferably."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Casting Mage hand - visible - to pat Krag's Shoulder.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2018-07-27 at 09:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Zombie

Konan

I make sure to walk the length of the main street first to see if there's more than one inn. If so, I'll step into each to ask re room prices and availability, then report back what I've learned to the group so we can make an informed decision. (If I encounter Dwarves or Dragonborn during this process, I speak to them in their native tongue.)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Walking along the main street and asking a passing dwarf you soon come to realise that the town has only one inn, namely the Griffon's Nest.

9. - Top - End - #9

"They were starting to feel like a punishment little braveheart." With another laugh, Krag'tor gives Kefka a gentle pat on the shoulder (gentle by his standards at least). When news of a single inn catches Krag'tor's ears, he stops for a moment. "Well I had hoped for something more inspiring, but a Griffon's Nest sounds like a fine challenge! To the Nest it is!" And with as much speed as he can muster, he makes haste for the inn, even offering to sit Kefka atop his shoulder to speed things along.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.

10. - Top - End - #10

Zombie

Konan

"I hope there's eggs in that nest," says Konan, and follows Krag'tor in.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Without missing a step, Mia turned and bowed to Kefka at the compliment.
    "Well, thank ye kindly."
    She pushed open the door as she strode in and made a beeline for the bar.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"Eh?" Theodorus Locke says when Konan looks to him. On the outside, Theodorus looks senile to the residents of the town as he walks using his sword and sheath as a cane. But on the inside, he was subconsciously humming to Mia's music and reminiscing on his younger days; he was here to relive some glory instead of wasting away, teaching the religion of one of his former enemies to the children of the small town he had retired to. He taps himself on the arm, casting Guidance. "I shall go look for information, and maybe see if we can get some good dinner for cheap." he smirks under his mustache and enters the inn.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-07-29 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    "They were starting to feel like a punishment little braveheart." With another laugh, Krag'tor gives Kefka a gentle pat on the shoulder (gentle by his standards at least). When news of a single inn catches Krag'tor's ears, he stops for a moment. "Well I had hoped for something more inspiring, but a Griffon's Nest sounds like a fine challenge! To the Nest it is!" And with as much speed as he can muster, he makes haste for the inn, even offering to sit Kefka atop his shoulder to speed things along.
    "haha! I have never been so proud of you my tall friend as I'm at this moment!" after that Kefka quickly hops into his shoulder happy to not having to walk anymore.

Kefka was already planning to do this himself, but he let the old man have this saying "It is okay asking for some discount, I would do the same. As long I got to eat something nice! Also, don't forgot a - good - bottle of elven wine."
    Last edited by Azktor; 2018-07-30 at 06:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

The Griffon's Nest is sparsely populated as you all enter. The few patrons are sitting in small groups talking and eating dinner. Behind the bar sits a half-elf reading a book. She jumps up as you approach, putting the book face down on the counter. With a big friendly smile she asks. "Evening! My name is Sarel. What can I do for you? A drink, some food?"

15. - Top - End - #15

Zombie

Konan

I assume Theodorus will negotiate with Sarel on our behalf, and instead stroll over to the farmers with a concerned look on my face. "Orcs, you say?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Mia cast a casual look around as she entered boldly.
    "'Ello, my lass."
    She bowed smoothly, grinning as she straightened up.
    "I am the Bladedancer, Mia, an' these are my unlikely companions, Kefka, Theodore, Kragtor and Konan. We're lookin' for a few things, right enough - a few cosy beds, hopeful bein' softer than th' mud an' rocks of the outside.
    Me friends 'ere might be lookin' to lighten their coin purses some, but I..."

She grinned again, and her fingers beat a quick ratatat on her drum.
    "Well, I'm more lookin' for a stage, being a Bladedancer, an' maybe a couple of questions answered, if you're feelin' talkative."

Spoiler
    Show

Entertainer lets me exchange playing for a place to stay.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Kefka

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    "Well, I'm more lookin' for a stage, being a Bladedancer, an' maybe a couple of questions answered, if you're feelin' talkative."
    Kefka come close to Mia and whisper to her "While you are performing on the stage, I will use my magic to do something really cool, just roll along with it and keep dancing!" he gives her a confident wink.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2018-08-02 at 12:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Mia takes in the common room of the Inn as she enters. Three things catches her attention, firstly is snippets of conversation between farmers mentioning orcs, second is a poster hanging on the inside of the door, thirdly a lone half-orc sitting in a corner eating a meal in silence.

__

"Mia, what a wonderful name. Room, of course. Nothing beats a soft bed after a long day on the road.. How many rooms would you like? We have everything from single bedrooms for 1 gold per night to 4 beds for 2 gold." Sarel smirks at the mention of a performance and nods her head towards a raised stage next to the fireplace. "Been a few days since we had a performer last, so anything you can provide would be more than welcome. Might be a single bedroom in it for you if you're good enough." she adds with a wink. "I'm always open form some gossip!"

19. - Top - End - #19

Krag'tor raises an eyebrow at the prospect of paying for rooms. Clearly, this person has not heard of the Champion of the Novosk Fighting Arena, and this will not stand. "Barkeep, do you not recognise who stands before you?" He says with a tone of surprise, before pulling the mask-part of his helmet down over his face, revealing the image of a laughing demon. "I am the Wrathful Dreamer, the Joyful Demon of the Pit, and undisputed Champion of the Novosk Fighting Arena. I have held this title for three long years, through naught but skill, strength and blood." As Krag'tor speaks, he draws himself up to his full height, and flexes, letting his muscle-mass expand outwards until he appears both monstrous and mighty. "Now what have you to say to that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly what Krag'tor is trying to accomplish is making sure that his status as a champion is known, but if you want me to make a check of some sort I shall.
    Note: Krag'tor also has "By Popular Demand" from being a Gladiator, but it's specific to finding a place to perform in any place that features combat as entertainment (such as a gladiator arena or secret pit fighting club), which may or may not be applicable right now.
    Last edited by Fredaintdead; 2018-08-02 at 05:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sarels smile freezes for the briefest of moments at the large goliaths outburst, but she quickly collects herself: "But of course, pardon me, we don't usually have people of your fine stature visit us out here. I would love to see you show your prowess, but alas there is no fighting arena here in Blasindell. she finishes with a sigh. "Did someone say the Wrathful dreamer?" a pair of young gnomes comes rushing up to you. "My name is Fonkin 'Oneshoe', and this here is Orryn 'Stumbleduck'" the one named Stumbleduck makes an awkward bow "We saw you fight some years back. The way you defeated that half-orc, I have never seen such skill! Such ferocity! Barkeep, a beer for this magnificent champion!"

21. - Top - End - #21

Zombie

Konan

Konan bends down to say to Kefka, "remember to order a bottle for me as well", then looks for a table to claim for the group, sits down in one chair, drops his backpack in a second chair, then pulls out an empty tankard followed by a book and proceeds to read.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"Not like that Krag'tor, we don't need to scare the locals." He takes a single gold coin out of his pocket. "We are, especially myself, are weary from a days' travel. What can this get us, young lady? Hopefully a nights' stay?"
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-08-02 at 08:15 PM.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

23. - Top - End - #23

With a single movement, Krag'tor turns towards the Gnomes and lifts his faceplate, revealing a grin that can only be described as "A child in a toy store". "SPLENDID! ALWAYS LOVELY TO MEET FANS. Torgar was a worthy challenger. I was most glad to hear that she had earned her freedom after that fight, and with three broken ribs no less! The battles that come to fists in the end are always among my favourites."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sarel picks up glass and starts to polish it as you produce your coin. "One gold coin would normally get you a private room, which would be quite crowded with the four of you, but" she adds with a smile "Throw in 5 silver pieces and I'll give you a four man bedroom, how's that?" As you stand there bartering over room prices more people are trickling in. A couple human farmers, a goliath and a halfling are now standing behind you waiting in line.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

As Kefka craned upwards to whisper to hr, she acknowledged him with a small nod. Her smile stretched wider for a brief second before she laughed at the offer of the group room, though not unkindly.
    "Truth be told, I'd prefer a room of me own - you haven't heard these lads snorin'. O' course, my lass-"
    the sword dancer's eyes twinkled mischievously- "-that's assumin' my performance isn't bad enough ye toss me out on me ear."
    She stepped to the side, allowing the new customers to get access to the bar.
    "You get a lot of interestin' customers in your fine establishment here?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Kefka

Kefka gives a nod to Konan and says a bit surprised "I did not know that you appreciated elven wine! Ah that is great to hear Bookwyrm, I guess we could return to our discussion about the differences of the Illusion and Transmutation school of magic over a bottle of wine!"

He start going help the old man, since he was taking too long, but before doing so he overhear Krag's conversation he say "Oh! that was nothing! you should've seen what he did with a couple of goblins a couple weeks ago, he carved in half three goblins with a single strike of his Battleaxe! It was both beautiful and frightening scene to watch. I mean, probably from the goblins perpective it was only frightening." he makes a small face to simulate the goblin's face the second they were killed.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2018-08-04 at 09:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

"Bah, they were unworthy foes. The fourth didn't even try to fight me. They just ran and cowered behind a rock. If it had not been for the pride of smashing through the rock and the goblin in one blow with my warhammer, it would've been almost shameful." Krag'tor nods in almost sage-like fashion.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Theodorus sets down another gold piece. "That will be all, as well as breakfast?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Kefka
    "Oh yeah, if that was a dish we would call it smashed goblin with rocks on side." he looks to Theodorus and says "Speaking of meals that reminds me... he grabs another gold piece of his own "...include there a bottle of a good elven wine as well!" to the person Theo was talking to about meals and rooms.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2018-08-07 at 11:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sarel takes the gold coins with a smile and a nod, and provides a bottle of elven wine. It isn't particularly fine per say, but serviceable. She almost hands it over, but stops short before saying: "If you really want, and have the coin, we do have much finer wine." Setting the bottle down on the counter she turns to Kefka and laughs "Depend on what you would call interesting. Mostly merchants and a few adventures like yourself. Had a few come in a while back trying for the orc bounty. Haven't seen them since."

Spoiler
    Show

A fine bottle of wine will run you around 10(!) GP, depending on just how fancy you want it to be.