1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [5e] The Tenth Era Of War IC

Caelyn

Spoiler: Insight Roll on Robin
    Show

(1d20+3)[20]

Caelyn raised a fine eyebrow at Robin's obvious lie as to her name, but Caelyn didn't show any other outward show of having caught that. Robin clearly had a reason to not wanting to tell her true name and Caelyn didn't mind that at all. "(Elvish) My name is Caelyn. And yes, I am Indeed a bard. I can sing forth magic, play my lute and cause sparks to glitter in the air. lull others into a magical sleep and inspire heroism in others." She said. She didn't question Robin on anything, neither in body language nor verbally.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2018-06-04 at 05:48 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Edrin notices Robin talking to them. "He's not a knight, at least not any more for centuries. Not to mention he went missing a little over a year ago and this post is dated," he glances at the poster, putting his glasses back on, and says, "2 days ago. The reward may go up if the wolves are suspected of killing anyone, and no one knows anything about direwolves that far north. Usually only winter wolves leave the forest to hunt."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Rucron watches as differing commotions ebb and flow, taking another drink before he speaks. "I suppose I can understand your desire, the desire to enter adulthood, but one should not have to do a task alone to prove themselves. One takes many risks hunting alone and worthy qualities are better shown by working together with others much like the pack of direwolves is ever stronger together than they are alone. Going at it by yourself would be foolhardy yet would seeking assistance not deprive you of your reward?" The bush next to the centaur quivers as more people begin to gather around the table.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

He sighs. "Well, it's what my father did under Lord O'o's father. Lord O'o has great expectations of me and I've trained since I was eight. I can win fights against three others my age who had time beforehand to discuss strategy. I have won a fight against Lord O'o's personal guard. All of these feats and yet I must prove myself by doing something for the people, and I believe slaying these wolves to keep traveling folk from dying and bringing back their pelts to keep homely folk warm and their meat to feed common folk like at this bar. And now if you'll excuse me," he raises a blue hood that covers all of his hair, 'I have to set out early tomorrow, so I must make my way back to the barracks." He sets down his cup of water next to the shrub, and walks towards the door. Some of the folk in the bar stare at him, either in surprise that he's going outside in this weather or in anticipation for something. Neither can be discerned.

The barman, who had torn off an entire leg from the bear and had began chewing on it, looks up from a small keg of wine he was drinking from. He speaks to Caelyn: "Thar be enuff rooms fer e'eryw'n 'ere, tho some may need ta sleep on tha floor o' tha room. I' ye got bedroll, isnae a problem. Rooms're free durin' a storm night." he burps. At the mention of music, he seemingly snaps out of a sort of drunk stupor: "Music? Ye say ye dinnae know any o' tha m'teryal cul'tour?"
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh you're a bard! Robin remarks her voice tilting in realization.

Then.. She continues stepping up from her stool. May I have this dance my lady. She asks with a smile.

Oh well. Why has no one tried to find him if he's missing! Robin replied clearly concerned about the MIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Mika stands still, sleeping in the floor isn't anything new to her but sharing a room with strangers isn't something that she isn't too fond of, after all those strangers may discover one or two things about Mika... for example her true gender or the fact that she isn't a cleric but something more shady... even with a celestial patron, Warlocks aren't the most beloved spell casters around.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

The bush shuffles to the side away from the cup of water as Edrin puts it down and shivers again. The corners of Rucron's mouth tick upward. Prideful that one... Not unlike some of the would be hunters of his herd. "Hold a moment Edrin. Your desire to protect the people is admirable and your credits are many but mind that the direwolves are not your only enemy, even experienced woodsmen would shy from weather such as this. Stay the night under the welcoming arms of the barkeep. Your comrades at the barracks would understand. Besides fresher snow makes for better tracks come the next day."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

He stops, and looks over his shoulder at Rucron. "Snow's always fresh when I'm around," grins, and then walks out the door. No heat comes in; seemingly blocked by Edrin in some way. He walks outside into a literal wall of snow, which melts as he walks towards it, and begins to replenish. This is met with some Oohs and Aahs; an elderly man states to the younger folk: "Some say he is touched by Wyflena," "He is bold enough for that much to be true. It's hard to feel nearby a fire In a good building such as this but out in the cold his skin can be felt burning hot compared to someone who had been out in the cold for a minute. Others say he is simply not human. It is possible, as his father wasn't particularly normal either." he chuckles.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

Caelyn grinned at the barkeep as he said that to her.
    "Heh, well I've heard the odd this and that about the Material Realm. But in any case, we also love music, song and revelry
    in the Feywild. Ever heard the proverb about partying with Faeries? Well, Eladrins sort of introduced that to the Mortal Realm~
    " She said with a chuckle.

Upon hearing Robin's request for a dance, Caelyn smiled widely for a second and then turned a bit more mullified. "It's not that I am against it... but since I'm the bard that would play the music... who would do so now for the dance? dance is boring if done without music after all~" She said and began to taste some of the food the Barkeep had made, mostly eating just the different vegetables that came with it and did a few nibbles of the meat. It wasn't really to her flavor and enjoyment, but it wasn't anything more than a preference.

As a sidenote-thought, Caelyn did wonder a bit about the roomsharing situation, but honestly didn't mind it at all, as long as she could share it with a fellow female. Not from a choice of sexuality, of course. Just a bigger comfort with sleeping in the same room with females she doesn't know, rather than males she does know.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

Dain stood with a frown on his face as he listened to Edrin, taking it all in. As such the young man was halfway out the door before Dain notice he was leaving. "Wa.. Wait! he stammered and turned to follow him. Maybe the shock was still affecting him, or maybe he was just clumsy, but whatever the reason, as he turned to follow one leg caught on the other and the dwarf fell face first onto the floor. There he lay for a brief second before he stood up with a low groan and a sigh. "(in dwarvish) By Tormunds beard... Why would they refuse guards? Right." He dusts himself up and turns towards the centaur. "I don't think I caught you name. I'm Dain, Dain Broadbeam. Say, want me to bring over some of that polar bear? I need a new drink anyhow." he finishes and looks down at his tankard on the floor.

11. - Top - End - #41

RedKnightGirl

Mika then stands and approach the barman with a grumpy expression in her face.

Where are the rooms? I've enough for today... Asked an angry looking Mika, she was suddenly in a bad mood, perhaps another effect of the alcohol.

Now standing she examined the others persons that she is bounded to share a room with and grimaces a little.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check to see if there's something interesting that she or anyone else haven't noticed yet: (1d20+3)[19]

12. - Top - End - #42

Robin had been about to offer suggestions as for who would do the song. Even considering the idea of having Cae do the dance herself as Robin sung.

But the cute elven cleric seemed upset, and shot her a grimace.

Walking over, Robin placed her hands on Mika's shoulders and whispered in her ear in elvish. Are you okay?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #43

RedKnightGirl

Mika stops upon noticing Robin's hand on her shoulder and immediately turns to face the telltale as she forces a smile on her face.

It's nothing, I guess I drank too much and now I need to take a rest... Answered Mika trying to not worry Robin as much as she can, hopefully she can secure a nice and private enough spot in the room before the others arrive that and the fact that she's still half drunk.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Rucron watches as Edrin leaves, eyebrows raising at the boy's display. "He still hastens to much. Power over one aspect of nature he may have but that won't protect him from what lurks in the snow. Still if he wishes such haste then I shall hope for his safe return, now his fate rests in his arm and the fickleness of nature." Finally the centaur turns to regard Dain. A sturdy lot the dwarves, dependable. "Greetings Dain. Pardon the delayed introduction, I go by Rucron... And I suppose some food would not be a bad idea."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"Tha rooms're in tha back. Tha door ta tha left o' tha bar, then down the hallway. A door will have a sign onnit if it be occupied. the barman says to Mika on the side. He then turns back to Caelyn, "Well, just c'z ye inv'nt'd tha act o' music n' song dinnae mean ye know all tha songs o' tha north! Boys, tha legend o' O'o!" many dwarves throughout the bar take out instruments almost comically too small or large for them, including violins, chelos, drums, and some special dwarven instruments you don't recognize. The barman takes a deep breath and begins singing from atop the bar.

"O'o, O'o
    "Tha great'st clan o tha orcs, O'o!
    "Pike an' sword, it mean nothin' no more,
    "For O'o is gonna go ta war."

"O'o, O'o
    "Tha mightiy'st o tha orcs, O'o!
    "Tha Battle Of Few, tha Cold Winter Dew,
    "O'o ne'er lost a fight, tha' be true!

"Tha River o' Tha Best, tha champion of the west,
    "Chief O'o alw's knew how ta ruin a good family crest!
    "Axe to the sky, tha voice a' brave warriors high,
    "When O'o's rage be soon and nigh!"

The dwarves cut off the music and instantly chug a mug of beer as the people of the bar give a good chuckle and ho-ho.

One slouched figure at the bar hasn't been laughing or paying attention to anything happening in the bar and staring into a mug. In other words, you all are so conspicuous that they were accidentally inconspicuous.

16. - Top - End - #46

Oh how I would love O'oo to fight..... Robin started before shutting up.

Well my dance is yours to take milady. She offers with a curtsey to the Eldrain bard with a warm smile on her face.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

With a snicker at the dwarfs and their... 'singing', Caelyn accepted Robin's offer for a dance and pulled the half elf girl along out onto the center of the floor for some dancing. The only dances she knew was of the Feywild of course, full of enthusiasm, constantly motion and ALL the appealing hip wiggles. It was very much different from what most beings of the Mortal Realm would be used to or have experienced.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

"Greetings Rucron." He gives a small bow with his head, and walks over to the bar. As he stands there listening to the music he unconsciously starts to tap along to the music with his right foot. A smile creeps across his face at the sight of the two dancing female elves, his worries forgotten for a brief period of time. As the last verse starts his eyes drift around the room, taking in the merriment of the other patrons, until his eyes land on the only one who seems untouched by it all. Tilting his head ever so slightly to the right with a puzzled look he gives him a once over.
    Spoiler: Perception check on the guy
    Show

[roll0]

Once the barman returns to the bar he will order a mug of ale and 2 platters of polar bear. "That was a good song. I though it would be a long time before I heard a good dwarven singing after I left Whitespire. Not everyone seems to agree though" Dain nods his head toward the figure "Regular here, or?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

"Shaymon split 'is wrist,
    "Sword right throo a human's chest
    "Shaymon cut 'is 'ead off,
    "O'o killed a hunnerd thousand at best

"O'o, chief of all,
    "Kill a guard wit' yer chain an' ball,
    "Slay tha jailor an' kill 'em all!
    "Bars cannae hold 'im,
    "If ye think so you be dim!

"Only place for O'o's head
    "Be tha gallows, o' those chilly shallows,
    "Any way if 'is body be hallow,
    "When ya married er off, it be grim,
    "It stopped the war but ye cannae stop 'im!

"Great LO-ord o' White-forge,
    "On human bodies he engorge!
    "He sired a many ha'orc, oh-ho...
    "The legend o' the great clan O'o!

They laugh and drink again, pull out wide books full of sidenotes and scratched off words, looking for another good song to sing.

The man at the bar is wearing almost fancy clothes with almost fancy white gloves. He has dark hair, contrasted against his pale skin and pointy ears. He looks towards Dain, revealing his dichromatic eyes, one faded red, the other violet. He speaks softly, "Oh, yes. I have been here every night for a fortnight, that could be considered regular." he turns his body. "Greetings... I am the Lord Hrolfir O'o's personal translator... And you are?"
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-06-07 at 10:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Robin manages to keep her head about her, keeping her hand on Cae's waist as she throws in her own less appealing head wiggles but with the same enthusiasm, and adding her own head bangs her hair whipping back and forth,\.

21. - Top - End - #51

RedKnightGirl

Mika observed the performance from a safe distance with interest, she can't deny that this is entertaining.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

Dain gives a small bow towards the translator. Partially out of respect, but also to hide his embarrassment of potentially gotten on the wrong side with one of Lord O'o's men. "I'm Dain Broadbeam sir. Pardon my intrusion, I have just returned to this city after living in Whitespire for many years. I'll leave you to your drink sir." Unless the translator engages in more conversation Dain will stand at the bar awkwardly waiting for the food and drink, sending some nervous looks at the translator before returning to the table with the Rucron.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

The translator quietly mumbles softly, somehow in a way that only you can hear. "The silly humans on the council think they can't understand master O'o's eloquent speeches, so they saw fit to assign a translator to tell what my master's "barbarian-speak" means. So they took me, a half-elf, because they thought only a half-breed could understand a half-breed, let alone the fact that I was a merchant's boy, an orphan removed from my family in the isles for unspoken abnormalities like my eyes and ears. You would think a pair of lovers, one human and one elf would know what half-breeds are. So anyway, I was taken from my merchant master by one of the councilmen who couldn't understand my new master, or at least didn't want to hear masterful speech from an Orc, and put into lord O'o's service." He drinks a small sip of beer, and then speaks more clearly, but still softly "I am here for the 11th time this month because lord O'o has requested my leave, as he wants a new child." He drinks again. Two sips. "He's different from his father by a long shot, but the one part that's worst is the one that was passed on to lord Hrolfir..."

The barman returns with a plate made of compacted bear skin and a couple large slices of the bear and a bottle of beer. He hands both to Dain, and then slowly pans his eyes over to the translator. He stands there looking for a moment before another dwarf, pointing at a page in a music book, shouts out: "The tale of irongut!" Every dwarf with an instrument, and the barman, looks to him. He has a red beard, a bald head, and a crooked nose. "Respectable!" is what a dwarf would think. "'Tis nae a pop'lar song, so a mom'nt gettin' the words..." the barman says as he walks to the back room.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

The barman comes back holding a very long book, which he flops open on the table. He flips to a page that reads in dwarvish, "The Tale Of Irongut", and sings:

"Great dragon irongut,
    "Walks wit' a great big strut!
    "'Is teeth're sharp an' 'is mind 's dull
    "Bu' 'e won' stop drinkin',
    "Not till his belly be full!"

"Great dragon irongut!
    "'Is owner was our lord Tormund!
    "Ironbelly an' Irongut,
    "they drink on throo tha night,
    "'Til tha hour 'a darkest light,
    "An' they got inta,
    "Inta a big huge fight!"

"Pans wa' thrown, skin wa' cut!
    "Ironbelly fightin' Irongut!
    "Tha big red dragon fell right down
    "Not from battle, 'e almost drowned!"

The dwarves laugh, dancing and playing songs all through the night. Almost so much that those who do sleep weren't able to. Many simply fall asleep in the bar, where the barman finds blankets for all of them, leaving enough rooms for the remaining few to sleep in on their own. The dwarf changes into a light blue robe with something like a nightcap after cleaning up the rest of the bar.

The Next Day

The sun rises over the snowy mountains in the distance. Much of the snow outside has melted, turned to slush by the rains just before dawn. The snowy ravens, small, white flightless birds with fur, call out their unique cry over and over, waking the people of the town, even the drunk and hungover. They have them at every one of the beacons throughout the north, trained to call out at lost travelers.

A large halfling strolls into the front room of The Throttled Neck, carrying a small stack of posters. He wears a black top hat, taller than he is high, as well as fancy white wintry clothes. He has a beard and mustache that almost make a perfect "T" in his face. He navigates himself around the still-sleeping folk of the bar to get to the bulletin board. When he reaches there, the bottoms of his shoes come off and zigzagging supports extend, raising him above the ground by some gnomish handiwork. Some posters he posts are for specific criminals, monsters in the surrounding area, dungeons discovered to the north. "Well?" he says, looking upon the dwarves and others in the bar.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-06-10 at 04:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

Caelyn was up bright and early, most likely before anyone else and sat at the bar in thought.
    Those that gave her a second glance would instantly see that her hair was now white as the driven snow, flakes of what was clearly icy snow-flakes clung to that gorgeous hair. Her skin was no longer a bronze-hued tan, but rather an ethereal, pale colour of cold, but living skin.
    Her expression was likewise not the same happy-go-lucky smiling one from yesterday, but rather one set in a somewhat distant thoughtful gaze.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

Dain was also among the early risers, cleaning and oiling his equipment. While he had partaken in the revelries the night before he had stayed mostly sober throughout it all. While other races drink to dull and forget painful memories, alcohol has the quite opposite effect on dwarfs. He pauses in his work and watches in amazement at the shoe contraption. At the prodding from the halfling Dain walks over to read the new posters.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Rucron was also among the early risers though for him the centaur stayed in his room, meditating before the window overlooking the brightening day. When done he enters the common area just as the halfling is staring expectantly at everyone. As with everyone else the halflings shoes draw a incredulous look from the centaur.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Caelyn

Caelyn was up bright and early, most likely before anyone else and sat at the bar in thought.
    Those that gave her a second glance would instantly see that her hair was now white as the driven snow, flakes of what was clearly icy snow-flakes clung to that gorgeous hair. Her skin was no longer a bronze-hued tan, but rather an ethereal, pale colour of cold, but living skin.
    Her expression was likewise not the same happy-go-lucky smiling one from yesterday, but rather one set in a somewhat distant thoughtful gaze.
    Hey, Caelyn, are you okay? Did you leave your window open too long? The smitten half elf gave her a hug.

Also lets get some wolves, yay!!!!! She cheered eagerly.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

groggily wakened with an obvious hang over, stood upright and smoother his clothes in an effort to regain dignity, and peered at the notice board.
    "Well, I can't go back yet, so I've time, and need something to kill now. What do they have for me now?"

OOC

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

Caelyn turned a cool, green eye at Robin and did not answer for almost 10 seconds before saying: "No. I'm Winter today. What do you want?" She asked back. Her tone was cold, distant and thoughtful. She wasn't brushing Robin off or anything like that... although it MIGHT seem like it since no one hear knew Caelyn or possibly only a few would know about Eladrins changing with the seasons, both physically as well as mentally (to a varying extend, from Eladrin to Eladrin).
    Even her clothes had a hint of... well the most apt description would be that 'Winter' had touched her clothes. Colors were more faded or pale-tinted and the fabric exuded a colder temperature than the surroundings really should allow them to be the temperature off.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show