New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] The Tenth Era Of War IC

The posters read, from left to right:

• Dungeon detected 25 miles northeast of whiteforge under the snow. Enter, kill any monsters within, and return half the treasure to the barracks.
    • Grenn "Tongueripper" Notongue has been spotted in east-southeast Whiteforge. Wanted for 14 counts of murder, assault, and manslaughter, all involving a cut out tongue. Bring him to justice, Dead Or Alive, and you will be paid 500 silver coins.
    • People going missing in south end Whiteforge. Find the cause and cease it if able. Bring any culprits or information to the appropriate location to receive an appropriate reward.
    • A Troll in the northeast mountains is attacking travelers in the north. Kill it, or separate its body parts, and return them to biologist Dr. Georgi Yellowspine in west end for a suitable reward.
    • Yeti roaming the mountains. Bring their furs to the master of furs for your reward; every whole fur is 100 silver coins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

As Dain reads the posters in silence his thoughts return to the young man he met the day before, not sure what to think about the fact that there are no posters for wolves. As if mirroring his thoughts one of the elf girls mentions hunting wolves. He turns towards her and says "No poster for wolves I'm afraid lass. There are however some for missing people in the city, Yeties, Trolls, and" he continiues in a grim tone "the one for the worst monsters off all, murderers." Spotting Rucron he nods before turning towards the elf that addressed him in dwarvish. "(dwarvish)Anything catching your eye master Elf?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Rucron returns the dwarf's nod before turning his attention to the notices for several moments. "A dungeon... Most curious. Though I wonder why they expect half of what would be found within."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Mika wake up late, she has a little hangover but nothing serious, she feels refreshed and ready to do her job as the priest that she isn't and what better place to start than the posts.... a murderer, a troll, a yeti..? Now these are dangerous jobs, perfect for a party of adventurers but not as much for a single priest... or warlock, others however seems just strange to say the least.

"Mmm... too much and too little for me here..." She then turns to the others adventurers.

"Hey..! Are you gonna take one of these quests too?" Ask a friendly looking Mika as she inspect her possible party members, a few ones should be more prepared and seasoned than others.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check to look for the more prepared looking adventurers:
    (1d20+3)[5]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

I think the dungeon sounds fun as well. Robin chirped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

Caelyn, winter-touched today, turned in her seat to look at the others talking about the notices on that board. "Any mentions of a reward on those requests? I have no intention of risking my life, just to get 'the praise and gratitude'." She asked out into the room, leaving anyone that wished to do reply to her words, do so.

"I can weave magic into existence from song, poetry, storytelling and instrumental music. I think you folk call us 'bards'- That is my capability, being good and aiding allies and hinder foes. What about the rest of you? where is your strengths and weaknesses?" She added in before anyone could reply to the prior question.
    Yes, she was being extremely forward and direct, on top of being rather blunt or 'cold' in her tone. She was very different from yesterday to anyone who had spent more than just a modicum of time paying attention to her. And that's if you didn't add in the fact that she looked very different as well.... well she still looked like herself, but the details like hair color, skin tone, etc. etc. was different and it wasn't a disguise.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

"Some sort of finders fee or tax perhaps?" Dain shrugs and continues: "Would be a rather bad deal if all you find are some deadly creature and a pile of bones. Or maybe you would find it empty with a pile of gold." laughing he adds "I guess that's part of the fun"

Dain gives a low chuckle in reply to the 'cool' elf. "With exception to the dungeon there are of course some sort of reward/bounty posted. 500 silver for the murderer, 100 silver per Yeti pelt. The rest are 'generous', whatever that entails. As for what I can do" he returns to the table he was working at, while fiddling absentmindedly with a pendant "I have received training from the Paladins of Tormund" he straps on his greataxe "so I can handle myself in a fight, and I can also administer some minor healing if required." he finishes facing her.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Rucron's eyebrow twitches. This was the odd thing about city folk, so curious and prying about complete strangers. From the direction of the his room a bush comes scurrying along. The centaur reaching down to scoop it up and deposit the bush on his equine back before answering. "I take it that you wish to join forces on one of these tasks then?"

9. - Top - End - #69

And personally I'm quite good with my axe and shield. Robin replied waving her hand to indicate herself.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

Caelyn looked to the centaur and shrugged mildly at his question. "That depends on if it's worthwhile for me to do the job... I have nothing specifics to do beyond travel, experience and learn." She replied back.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

The halfling speaks up, in a posh fashion. Literally, since no one else in the bar is shorter than him. "Hello, my name is Zenzor Big-Foot, lord messenger of the town guard, indubitably. Be quick, I must deliver any untaken posters to an inn on the other side of the city in 10 minutes, yes." He looks down at his wrist, where he has a bracelet that has 5 or 6 different clocks on it. Again, some sort of gnomish machinery. "Must know where the ruffian adventurers are and everything at all times, of course. Which jobs are being done and which ones are not, of course, is a vital tidbit of knowledge that we need to know in order to get jobs done efficiently. Plus the papers must know who took the job in which case you will indubitably receive more than just silver coin." his foot-supports collapse back in and reattaches the bottom of his shoe.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll travel with anyone who has want of an archer"

OOC

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

Caelyn eyed the Halfling Messenger with a frosty look. "Ruffian? Who are you calling 'Ruffian'? I'll have you know that I am the youngest-born child of the Queen of Ketz-zetsu-lunaras, and Emissary of the Feywilds. I will not be referred to as some ruffian.... you got that, HALFING?" She said with an icy tone to her voice. (yes I am invoking my character's Background Feature, since it is fitting.)
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2018-06-14 at 10:39 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Rucron rubs his forehead. Did he want to throw his hooves in with this lot? Most of them seemed normal but a few... With a sigh he looks over the notices once more. "I feel that either investigating the disappearances or the dungeon would be the most effective use of our time. Both could indicate nests of the unsavory sort. That said I am not certain how much I would beable to assist with the disappearances... I'm most at home out in the wilderness."

15. - Top - End - #75

Oh a princess.... Robin started before stopping.

Is this a sort of training for the throne kinda thing?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

"Beg pardon?" Caelyn said at Robin's words. "Oh, yes, you Mortal Plane folk got royalty beyond the ruler himself or herself. So indeed, I guess I would be cosidered a princess by your standard. Although I never really thought about it like such..." Caelyn continued with a thoughtful expression.

"Training? Oh no, I am the youngest-born of the Ruler of Ketz-zetsu-lunaras. and it's been a century since the last emissary was send to the Mortal Plane. Thus now it is my turn."
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

The halfling seems offended by Caelyn's words. "'Oh! I'm a pretty elven princess and I left my home to go adventuring on order of my parents!'... that's you. Don't think you're unique, I could go talk to any storyteller in any bar and only 1 or 2 wouldn't know the exact story" as he says this, a 3/4 unconscious dwarf raises his hand and says, "'s true!" "and the hardships of being an exiled or adventuring princess. I'm not one of your subjects. Every noble from who knows what land who comes through thinks they're the top dog and we're all their pitiable servants."

At this moment, a tall human with a well trimmed beard and short flat black hair walks in. He's about 5'11", judging by the height of the halfling in comparison to the doorway. He wears black leather with a pure white fur cape that goes down to the floor. At his sides on a similarly black leather belt are two daggers, each with a crystal in the pommel: the left blood red, the right blue as thick ice. He steps on the sleeping dwarves to get to the bulletin board, which he considers.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-06-14 at 09:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Are you saying princesses are common around here? Robin asks crossing her arms but visibly relaxing in spite herself.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    The halfling seems.

Should Theren
    High Elf Fighter Noble[
    Passive Perception:13
    hear such insolence spoken to Caelyn he spits on the speaker and says:

"Cur!""

You speak to a Brightlander thus?!"

"If I thought you could stand the blow, I'd strike you!"

"Apologize at once!"

OOC

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caelyn

The Eladrin's eyes turned almost icy-greenblue with cold fury, but she didn't go for violence, since that'd be a Summer thing to do. She did however wave a hand and utter a Sylvan phrase (which was basically a minor snippet of a poem).
    Suddenly, sparks and noisy ping-pang ringing blew forth around the halfling in constant repeats. It wasn't anything dangerous or disruptive beyond highly annoying and disorienting.... and Caelyn didn't stop.
    Yes to those that knew magic, she was using a nifty bardic spell called Presdigitigation on a repeat use to summon noise and sparks.

There were no showing of emotion on her face, only a cold merciless distaste.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

The halfling starts, "Well, at least you're unique in that I've never heard of that place. Brightlands?" before he is interrupted by the prestidigitation. He falls over, his foot-extensions coming out from under him. His top hat falls off onto the floor revealing a bald head. As he quickly tries to pick it up while muttering things like "Why I never" or "Goodness me", the man who was previously looking at the bulletin tears the yeti one off the board and grabs the halfling by the scruff of the neck. "I've killed enough yetis, and my partner had to retire because of an injury dealt by a troll," he says angrily, "And those other ones don't pay well enough. You've got other posters, haven't you?" The halfling makes a sort of croaking sound.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

[Caelyn]

Caelyn stopped the bombardment of noise and flashing sparks at the halfling after he had fallen over and a few additional seconds of payback had been given.
    "What a fool.... doesn't even know of the Feywilds or even the Eladrin... we are as far removed from a regular elf, as the Drow are removed from a High Elf." Caelyn uttered out without much thought on who heard it.
    "In any case, back to those job posters, from what it sounds like, they are all sketchy at best in terms of their reward and written danger level. Whatever happened to the young dwarven.... squire was it, that was here yesterday evening, talking about a problem?" She continued, still not caring who heard it or who did not. Although she did look around the tavern to see if she could notice him somewhere.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

Dain stands a few moments feeling rather uncomfortable at the exchange. Just what kind of crowd had he gotten himself into? In his moment of indecision the words of his mentor Oloric spoke to him softly. With a low sigh he walked over to the halfling and picked up his hat, and began to dust it off as he spoke: "You never know who you will run into in a tavern these days. One day you'll meet a insufferable drunkard, and others you'll meet princesses from faraway lands. I find being courteous to them all to be the best approach. So, to make amends I'd suggest you share any poster you might have he pauses for effect forgotten and apologise. That way we will soon all be out of each others hairs? Yes? he finishes as he holds out the hat for him.

Spoiler: persuasion roll
    Show

(1d20+4)[7]

Dain turns towards the elven princess with a smile that does not reach his eyes.Edrin, the human squire? he puts emphasis on the word human He talked about some dire wolves, and how he needed to prove himself. Going alone in that weather against a pack of direwolves would seem like pure suicide. He might not be as helpless as one might first expect however, considering how he left yesterday... In any case I would much like to see him again, for other reasons he finishes, the last bit barely a whisper.

24. - Top - End - #84

So, like I said wolves? Robin grinned.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah the human... I do worry about him some yet it would be good to have him learn some humility. Yet at the jaws of a direwolf is not the best way for that perhaps." Rucron glances at the board again. "Which one of these run closest to where the wolves were..."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

The halfling reaches to try to grab the hat, and the man drops him on the floor. He turns to Dain. "You're looking for jobs?" he asks inquisitively. "Look a bit young for a dwarf off on his own."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dain Broadbeam

Dain looks at the halfling for a moment, his eyes widening before narrowing as his pleasant demeanour evaporates. He puts the hat back on the halflings head, with a bit more force than needed, making it stuck on his head. He then turns towards the man who just moments ago was manhandling the halfling. "Are they usually this nosy and rude? No matter. You seem to have done a few bounties around these parts, got any recommendations for someone new at the scene?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Stares intently at the poster reading:

"People going missing in south end Whiteforge. Find the cause and cease it if able. Bring any culprits or information to the appropriate location to receive an appropriate reward"

and asks another bar patron:

"What is the best route to this place?", and points to the poster.

OOC

29. - Top - End - #89

You're not worried about the lil squire on his own? Robin asks concerned.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

The man responds to Dain with a considering look. He looks to the bulletin, and then back to Dain, who he looks over like a nice new magic staff. "Being so young, I would not challenge a troll or yeti if I were in your shoes," he says in a gruff sort of way, pulling the neck of his coat down to reveal a massive scar with signs of frostbite, a telltale sign of a yeti's claw. "A murderer which the town guard hasn't caught for 10 years, hell, I couldn't catch him and I looked through every dingy alleyway. Almost lost my tongue if it weren't for one of my dearest friends who defended me but meant I failed to catch him and he murdered twice again since. A dungeon that the wizards in the Keep of Weather at the pole detected with no other information is a fool's errand, best left to see if some monster falls in and victim to whatever lurks inside." He scratches at his hair. "So I suppose, in my professional opinion, the people going missing is best. Worst case, it's some kidnapper. Worth a good amount, no one likes a good kidnapper so they'll see them dead before they let 'im spirit another person away again." Then, when Robin speaks, he looks over, surprised. "Squire? Which squire? You certainly cannot mean... Edrin?"

A dwarf gets up and scratches his back. "Oh, jes' go ou'side an' go east, t'wards tha tahn centa an' then tun roight. tha'll sen' ye saf sa ye'll be in saf Whi'forge." he says to Theren, and then leaves.