New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

Normally, one would expect getting clawed by a dinosaur to hurt, but if Kabsi felt any pain, he did not show it. Instead he precisely jammed his palm into the beast's chakras, hoping to drop it so he could deal with the next one.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Flurry of blows the dino.
    Attack 1: (1d20+16)[22] Damage 1 (2d6+7)[14] + (1d6)[6], all NL
    Attack 2: (1d20+16)[36] Damage 2 (2d6+7)[9] + (1d6)[1], all NL
    Attack 3: (1d20+11)[20] Damage 3 (2d6+7)[12] + [roll[1d6[/roll], all NL
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Crit confirm
    Show
    It's been a bit, so I forget what if anything to add, so I'll just roll a d20 and let you do the adjudication.
    (1d20)[16]

3. - Top - End - #903
    Colossus in the Playground

R2T27: Normally, one would expect getting clawed by a dinosaur to hurt, but if Kabsi felt any pain, he did not show it. Instead he precisely jammed his palm into the beast's chakras just as it recovered from being stunned, hoping to drop it so he could deal with the next one. He ends up doing a total of 65 NL as he drops it cold.

R2T24: The slight, auburn-haired man that dropped out of the sky looks over to Kabsi and his handiwork and smiles, "Now that's what I call dinosaur droppings, friend!"

He gets into some kind of fighting stance and closes on the closest dinosaur and in doing so, it is less that he is stalking the thing so much as he is performing crazy dance moves, enough that the dinosaur doesn't even bite him when it could have. His hands were at his sides, except for spirit fingers where gratuitously required and then he suddenly does a weird forward somersault with an axe kick right to the center of the dino's upper snout - between the eyes - and it almost looks like his body glows as he does so, doing 38 and dropping the dino.

R2T23.9: A woman comes in from the east. She holds her hand up to the air and gathers lightning to her self, and then brings it down on the dinosaur that Kabsi had dropped for enough electricity to be sure to kill it.

R2T22: Hoggie, what do you do?

Rhoha on deck, Sparkles in the hole (if Rhoha has him it do anything) ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie points a finger at blue Dino and concentrates on a spell. Five bolts of energy lance through air striking the beast.

Spoiler
    Show

dam - (1d4+1)[3]
    dam - (1d4+1)[3]
    dam - (1d4+1)[3]
    dam - (1d4+1)[3]
    dam - (1d4+1)[3]

He seems to recognizing the new comers and he gives a joyous wave to their general area.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

Laughing all the while as spells and blows are flung about, Rhoha prepares to face the next prey. With a slight bend of the knees Rhoha takes to the air, trying to pet Ix-Caban as he passes overhead and flashing a grin at Tom as he takes a wide turn to approach the remaining foe from the side opposite the crystalline ice creature. Power gathers in his fist right before he collides with the beast.

Spoiler: Rhoha >>> Sparkles
    Show
    ”I am using your focus. Regain it quickly.”

Show
    Move action: Fly in a wide U to approach the dino from opposite the Ice creature ascending and descending as needed to fly over allies. Will remain 10’ from it to use the benefit of Reach.

Swift action: Imbue psychic strike.
    Free Action: Tepe orders to Sparkles.
    Standard Action: Vital Strike Slam on dino, expending Psychic Strike for Vampiric Blade effect, and expending Sparkles’ PF to utilize Unavoidable Blow.

Touch Attack Slam: (1d20+18)[24] Flank not included.
    Damage: (2d8+9)[14] + Vital Strike (2d8)[7] + Vicious (2d6)[6] + Psychic Strike (1/2)(2d8)[9] which also heals Rhoha an equal amount on the halved Psychic Strike.

Self Harm: (1d6)[2]

6. - Top - End - #906

R2T22: Hoggie points a finger at blue Dino and concentrates on a spell. Five bolts of energy lance through air striking the beast for 15 force. He seems to recognize the new comers and he gives a joyous wave to their general area.

R2T20: Laughing all the while as spells and blows are flung about, Rhoha prepares to face the next prey. With a slight bend of the knees Rhoha takes to the air, trying to pet Ix-Caban as he passes overhead and flashing a grin at Tom as he takes a wide turn to approach the remaining foe from the side opposite the crystalline ice creature. Power gathers in his fist right before he collides with the beast. Rhoha takes 9 mod from a set of talons and vicious, but brings the beast down (and he heals 4 himself).

Afterwards, those who wish can use CDG to make sure the beasts are dead.

Combat Ends ...

As the disparate heroes start to gather together. The male newcomer approaches Hoggie and calls out as he closes, "I - dino - why we were asked to bring you guys provisions. You brought a traveling feast right to you! I mean, we didn't bring anything for you on this .... scale. HAHAHAHA!"

Meanwhile, the very intense woman thrusts her hands into the chest of a megaraptor with unbelievable power, ripping out a heart, and taking a bite of it before giving an exultant shout ... and then being holding out the bloody, bitten trophy for other folks who wish to enjoy this feral ritual (which will include Shouting Tree, but not Tom).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-10-15 at 06:57 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

After taking a moment to center himself, Rhoha will partake of the proffered heart.

Show
    FRA: regain PF

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald approaches the two...

"Hoggie? You are aquainted with this person?"
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

9. - Top - End - #909

Kabsi, do you partake of dino-heart? Skald is a not-likely, as is Hoggie.

The newcomer-male smirks and with more dramatic micro-pauses looks to Hoggie but obviously refers to Skald, "Hoggie? You are .... acquainted .... with this person?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald will visibly stiffen, but takes no action... instead waiting on Hoggies answer.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie blinks rapidly a few times and then addresses Skald.
    “Yes. This is my brother Reggie and his wife Maje. They live outside of town at Farshore.”
    He turns towards Reggie.
    “Yes, I am aquatinted with Skald.”

A brief look of concentration passes over his features before they relax into his normal placid appearance.

Spoiler: Hoggie>>>Reggie Maje
    Show

“I am glad you are here ... rock bird men stole our stuff and pooped on my tent ... what did you bring? ... we are going to try and raise a broken boat ... try this mushroom, it’s amazing ... I found an angry sword but the rock bird men took that too ...”

Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2020-10-20 at 06:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #912

Reggie does a dramatic pose when introduced, whereas Maje just stares intently at the PCs, taking them all in.

Meanwhile, Tom's aura shifts back to senses.

Reggie and Maje will show you to the T-rex carcass (that some of the party killed months ago) and on the other side of that is a large bundle of carpentry gear as well as a significant number of provisions.

"Hey, just to get us started. Meanwhile, Captain-Mayor-Lady Vanderboren wil be here ... probably in a couple days, with the rest of the materials and a lot of tar to get us going on the final bits. She's sailing here on the *Blue Nixie*, but we are the advance group. The Welcome Wagon, if you will."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

Kabsi bowed slightly to Maje when she offered the heart, but decided against joining her in eating it. As to the man, he looks him over for a few seconds before saying "Yes, I see the resemblance." He will then offer his hand to him in introduction. "I am-." He interrupts himself as he finally notices the gash along his right pectoral. "Ah. One moment." He will then pull his hand back before gathering power into his hands and touching the wound. Once it stitches itself back up, he will re-offer his (now glowing) hand. "As I was saying, I am Kabsi. I am a practitioner of luminous ki; both to heal and to harm. Speaking of which" He will then turn back to his party. "Is anyone injured?"
    Show
    Move 3 essence into the hand veil, 2 from Rhoha and 1 from the belt. Then touch myself with it to heal for (4d6+10)[28] (1/8 per day).
    Last edited by digiman619; 2020-10-21 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Wrong color

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

Hearing Kabsi call for wounds, Rhoha laughs and says, "This scratch? Barely worth mentioning! It can join the rest of Rhoha's scars that serve as a testament to Rhoha's glorious victories!"

Looking back towards all the dino corpses, Rhoha says "We'll have plenty of meat for a while. Rhoha will get to work harvesting the kills. Tomorrow Rhoha will look at boat."

Show
    If rations can be harvested from the corpses of dinos, Rhoha will do the survival check(s) necessary for that.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald will nod to the new comers and then turn to Kabsi...

"I could do with a bit of a touch up... If you would be so kind."

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

Kabsi nodded, excusing himself from the new arrivals to deal with his teammates. After healing Skald and looking him over to see if he needed a second application, he walks up to Rhoha and slaps his hand to the large man's wound, channeling positive energy into it. The strike wasn't anywhere near hard enough to do any actual damage, but it was enough for it to sting for a second. "Get scars in your own time. I don't care about your ego; walking into a dangerous situation wounded just makes your enemy's job easier."

Show
    Immaculate Touch on Skald (4d8+10)[28]. (1/8 per day) If that's not enough, I will roll a second in a second post.
    IT on Rhoha (4d8+10)[26]

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skalds cuts and bruises all heal up and he is as good as new. He nods his thanks to Kabsi.

18. - Top - End - #918

It is too late in the day to really do anything fruitful (beyond rendering the megaraptors). Skald is the best one to assist Rhoha in rendering corpses while folks get to chatting.

So, what have you to say (if anything) to the new folk while Kabsi and Shouting Tree make a large pit for suitable for cooking a large quantity of meat? Even those in-task can chat.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Addressing the two newcomers... "It is good to meet you. Hoggie has been indispensable on this journey. I am sure you will be just as helpful. Any other word of progress?"

20. - Top - End - #920

Post Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

Reggie will give the news of Farshore, such as it is, though he just as much mentions everything that has happened up until now, so that includes a lot of what you might know, but including some new bits of information. Maje is actually pretty talkative once she gets used to the strangers. She is more shy than her husband, but given to more idle chatter once she is at ease.
    Spoiler: Feats of Farshore (and the Heroes)
    Show
    Heroes secured aid of Olman tribes.
    Heroes secured aid from phanatons.
    Heroes defeated Temauhti-tecuani, and the story has now filtered down separately from the Olmans.

All 4 watchtowers have finally had their upgrades completed.

In the first days after the first attack, Zan Oldavin single-handedly took care of a troglodyte tribe. Zan Oldavin then conducted a sting at the warehouse that was missing goods and killed something called an "ethereal filcher." Later, Zan Oldavin went out to the villages to attempt to recruit aid in the form of a militia. He was having a hard time until joined by Tavey Nesk, and they met some success. Lady Vanderboren won the mayoral race and was sworn in as Mayor Lavinia Lady Vanderboren (Captain of the Blue Nixie). She then assisted Zan and Tavey and were able to get more militia recruits. She split off to sail north to help here while Zan and Tavey continued with recruiting efforts.

Some dwarf had a lot of trouble for a month trying to upgrade the infirmary's efficiency. A creepy guy calling himself "The Caller" has some aasimar(?) follower called "Cream" that was assigned to assist the dwarven druid(?) and they finished work at the infirmary.

Tolin had troubles upgrading the harbor. The Caller took over and together they finished upgrading the harbor. The Caller's next job - which was in-progress when Reggie and Maje left - was upgrading the palisade around Farshore.

Some woman with a difficult name had mixed success, often failure, assisting at Farshore Chapel. Rabbi Cohen then took over with her assistance and they seemed to be doing well when R&M left.

"So," Reggie says, "as far as I know, the only things that really remained on Farshore's big list when I left was some more upgrades to the chapel, recruiting more militia, upgrading the palisade, and, well .... you guys in getting the Sea Wyvern seaworthy so we can have two ships when the Red Rowers come."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

Scoffing at Kabsi's lecture, Rhoha boasts, "If Rhoha gave no advantages to prey it would not be a hunt, but a slaughter."

Seeing that there is plenty of time to spend gathered around cook fires, Rhoha begins extolling riveting tales of past exploits.

"So there Rhoha was, locked in combat with the beast four times the size of a normal man. Which put the beast at twice Rhoha's size! But Rhoha was unafraid, meeting claw and hide with fist and armor. The trees around us were leveled by the intensity of the brawl, yet, in the end, Rhoha stood above the beast's carcass in the end. Rhoha was bloody and beaten, but wreathed in the glory of conquest! You know, being so near the ocean reminds Rhoha of the time he was dragged underwater by a tentacled monstrosity..."

The stories continue as thus, each outlandish as the last.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2020-10-27 at 04:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

Kabsi rubbed his face, trying to come up with an explanation Rhoha could comprehend. "Okay, forget we're talking about about you for a second. Beating a foe nearly as powerful as you would be an amazing accomplishment, right?" Once he got an affirmative, he continued. "Beating a foe nearly as powerful as you who is already half dead isn't much of an accomplishment, though; he'd have fought better if he was well, right?" He again paused for confirmation.

"In fact, because that foe who's nearly as strong as you that's half dead isn't nearly as dangerous. In fact, a much weaker foe might be able to finish them off if they catch him unaware. That's not fair, is it? That such a weakling can claim victory over a much stronger foe? That's what I'm trying to avoid. If somewhere out there there's a foe almost as strong as you that catches you when you're already wounded, it's possible that such a handicap might be enough to tilt the odds in their favor."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

"HAHAHAHA," Rhoha guffaws at Kabsi's puny 'logic' and 'tactical acumen' before saying, "Kabsi, Kabsi, Kabsi. You must understand that each battle Rhoha considers a challenge set before all of civilization. A challenge that Rhoha refuses to lose! And do you know why? Because Rhoha is a Champion my friends! Rhoha will fight until the end! Rhoha has no time for this talk of weaklings. Rhoha will win because he is a Champion of this world!"

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald listens on to the conversation letting a slight smile creep onto his face.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ettin in the Playground

Kabsi realizes that this is a lost cause, but gives one last verbal salvo before heading off. "Only fools challenge the world. It's numbers are infinite and its time immeasurable. Even if you're stronger than anyone else in the world, you aren't stronger than everyone else in the world. The sooner you realize that, the happier I'll be."

26. - Top - End - #926

"Wait-wait-wait," says Reggie glowing with verve. "Am I in the presence of the strongest person in the world?" He looks more pointedly at Rhoha. "That's what I am hearing in this, right? That you are the strongest person in the world? I dunno, man. You look .... well, you look impressive," he says begrudgingly as if he isn't so sure. "But I once met someone that I am sure would shame you in an arm-wrestle." He thinks a little more. "You know what? No. I fear that person would tear your arms out of your sockets. Better that I don't tell you where to find this person, as I understand that they love a good arm-wrestle to prove that it is they that is the strongest person in the world. Yeah, forget I said anything, Great Hunter. I wouldn't want to see you come to harm."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

“What’s this? You try to goad Rhoha into a trap?” Rhoha asks with a raised brow, “Rhoha laughs at this! Ha! Rhoha needs no goading to step into traps! Rhoha does so with full willingness so that Rhoha can see your despair when Rhoha finds trap wanting! Now come! Tell Rhoha of this wrestler of arms!”

28. - Top - End - #928

"Her old man," Reggie says, pointing to his wife. "Yeah, my father-in-law is pretty much the strongest mortal you are likely to ever meet. But, I will tell you what. You beat her in an arm-wrestle, and I'll put in a good word with him. Maybe he'll take the challenge when next we see him."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Rhoha

”Then what do we wait for!” Rhoha asks as he gets into a ready crouch, “Explain to me this ‘Arm-Wrestle’ you speak of, and I shall best you in it!”

30. - Top - End - #930

Reggie will setup carpentry supplies in a solid, balanced stack so that both can stand. "You each stand across from each other. In some places, you might sit - but, we don't have that, so I packed things higher so you can stand. You put your dominant hand as so with elbow contacting our makeshift table," which he demonstrates.

"Then, you look dominant hands in this neutral position perfectly upright. You can't cast spells, use powers, or any other silliness like that. You are perfectly free to have your off hand either away from your body, against your body, or even bracing against the table .... but you can't try to move the table. The only thing you can contact each other with - physically, or metaphysically - are your locked dominant hands. That's the setup.

"When the ref calls 'Go!' you each try to use pure brawn (dominant hand only) to press the other's dominant hand under your own. The first person to make the other's hand touch the table in a pin under their own wins. Again, just strength press to strength press, and no trying to cheat by using any other body part or mechanic, except obviously for the fact that an expert arm-wrestler finds a way to align all the muscles of their body to work together."

Maje looks askance at her husband, while noting Rhoha's massive frame. Reggie seems absurdly confident, though.

Does Rhoha get into the starting position?
    Show