New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

Spoiler: Rusty >>> Hoggie
    Show
    No, it looks from my vantage at the beach that the town has thrown off the pirates, and the fires look like they are going out ... except for this one small shack, but that is already getting a bucket brigade from other townies. It's a nice day, though, so I'm going to sun myself here on the pier unless you need me.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: *EL* Hoggie>>>Rusty
    Show

* wry amusement*

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona looks up at the strange man. "Um, what?" she blinked. His comment seemed so random that it drew her out of her focus. "What do fire and rain have to do with anything? What do you mean 'again'? We've never met! No wonder there were days you couldn't find a friend if you go on spouting random rhyming drivel like that!"

She brushed away a lock of her red hair aside, a familiar look of consternation is once again on her small face. "Listen. I was working in my lab when I heard that moron" she gestured to the dead orc "chasing her" and again at the dead woman. "I'm guessing that since no one else has showed up that there was a bit of a kerfuffle elsewhere. Do you know what's going on?"

Spoiler: Vona's appearance
    Show
    Other than "Small redhead woman", she is also surprisingly well defined as far as musculature goes; not bodybuilder level or anything, but much more than you might think if she was wearing a long shirt and overalls (Of which she is quite unlikely to do; long sleeves get caught on things easily). Also, unlike a lot of readheaded humans, she has no freckles or other pigmentation oddities, though she is a slightly darker shade than you'd think someone who spends all her time in a lab would be. No other notable scars or tattoos (as far as you can see), but she'd be hard to overlook, at least if she was at your eye level.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-08-13 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald will bring himself down to the ground near the woman his wings folding behind him... As he approaches you see that Skald has pale skin, and despite only having one eye, you find it hard to keep eye contact as he has a very unsettling gaze. There is vicious, gash of a scar from his right brow to his chin. Overall he has a very sad air to him. He looks to the woman that has been killed with a frown, bowing his head momentarily. He looks all around at the group and waits for someone to speak...
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The sandy haired man flings himself away from the woman , a pained expression on his face as if he had received a physical blow. After a moment, he disappears from view.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cast invisibility after taking a moment to center himself. He will then leave to find Rusty.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona turns to the assembled crowd. "It's not just me, is it? That was a really weird way to introduce yourself. Was it supposed to make sense and I just missed it somehow? Was it a lyric and I was supposed to continue the song? How would that have worked? I was looking over a dead body of a neighbor; did he really expect me to go into some dance theater routine from that?" She then closed her eyes and brought her thumb and pointer and middle fingers together in a closing motion.

When she opened her eyes again a moment later, she had clarity and focus in them as she looked at the assembled crowd. Picking someone almost at random, she turned to the one eyed man, her eyes unflinching. "What happened? I need data if I'm to come up with a solution. What happened? Who was hurt? What was damaged? What was responsible? I need answers, people!"

7. - Top - End - #97

Actually, Vona would probably know - or at least have seen - Hoggie in town before, and vice-versa.

During Vona's speech above, Hoggie totally "Batman'd" Vona when she was about three sentences in.

Skald, you easily recognize that Vona is a gnome (as does Hoggie).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-14 at 12:33 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Tepe *EL* Hoggie>>>Rusty
    Show

*distraught*
    “Buddy?...Messed up somehow. [insert name of dead woman here] is dead and Voma is ...mad at me. Can you come watch this group ...of powerful strangers and let me know...what’s goin’ on?”

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald addresses Vona, without breaking eye contact... "I have just come from the church where that little man was as well... The front doors were smashed but the raiders never made it inside to the best of my knowledge as they were all defeated. I'm not sure of other victims."

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Instead of a fight, Tom finds himself in the middle of a strange gathering...

"OK, I can't make this rhyme, but if you're interested... the big fire in, I think some kind of library, is mostly out." He points over at the dwindling plume of smoke. "On my way from there to here I did not see any more bad guys."
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

11. - Top - End - #101

Vona, there is no "that little man" nearby to which the fey man could refer. It is confusing.
    Spoiler: Skald
    Show
    I hope you don't think that the halfling you spotted outside the chapel is here. He's not.

In the distance to the east, there is what sounds like some type of cheer ... and the roar of a great monster ... combined.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-14 at 01:49 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

I know it's a bit cliche for a person of my intelligence to say, Vona thought, but I'm surrounded by idiots. She was about to ask about the apparently imaginary little man when she heard the influx of noise from the east, and took the out that the world had given her. "I'm gonna check that out. You do... your stuff." She waved her hand dismissively before turning east. Maybe there'd be something of actual importance for her do deal with instead of more morons!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald will become airborne again and head to the east towards the sound readying his bow.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie, still invisible, will tail the group heading East, running and using Haste spell if needed to keep up.

15. - Top - End - #105

As the heroes begin heading east, frightened citizens slowly emerge from battered homes and shelters. Lavinia Vanderboren appears out of the smoke tired and bewildered, accompanied by her Jade Ravens. She quickly spots Rabbi Cohen and Skald (and Tom?) and rushes over to greet them (and Eliezer calls Skald down out of the sky), her joy at being reunited washing away the terror of the pirate attack. Following along behind her is the "little man" Skald remembered seeing at the chapel (Corrin). It seems that the captain of the Hellfish, a fellow she didn't see in the fighting by the name of Slipknot Peet, wasn't part of the main group that she, the Jade Ravens, and what passes for a militia all fought to the east (and were victorious).

Not long after the PCs from the Sea Wyvern (and Shouting Tree, once he's called from the chapel) are reunited with Lavinia, a new figure appears on scene. This is Lord Manthalay Meravanchi, a towering and handsome man with a well-groomed beard, clad in a shining suit of mithril chainmail. Coming up from the west now as well (having sensed that things have calmed) is Avner Meravanchi, Tavey Nesk, and the rag-tag handful of survivor-colonists from the doomed Sea Wyvern. Avner abandons the PCs to greet his uncle Manthalay, who seems surprised to see Avner.
    Spoiler: Hoggie, Lona
    Show
    Hoggie (watching invisibly) and Lona (amazingly) note that this surprised is tempered with frustration and perhaps anger.

Lavinia soon suggests that everyone (q.v.) retire to the Farshore Chapel to discuss not only the arrival of the survivors of the Sea Wyvern, but more importantly, the nature of this suprise attack by the priates of Rat's End.
    Spoiler: What is Meant by "Everybody"
    Show
    The people that Lady Lavinia means by "everybody" is not actually everybody. The primaries from the Sea Wyvern: Rabbi Cohen, Skald, and Tom Underhill (once Eliezer vouches for him), but not Shouting Tree or Tavey Nesk. She also means for the Meravanchis and her Jade Ravens to join her.

Corrin and Vona are not part of this, and Hoggie isn't even making himself known as he follows from a distance.

If you take umbrage at this or feel that you should be allowed to come, you can state your case ... but "I have the PC glow" probably won't help you.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-14 at 11:10 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald will speak up on behalf of Shouting Tree saying, "My... friend here, Shouting Tree was also instumental in defeating the horde at the church. I suggest he be allowed to join as well."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Curious, Hoggie will attempt to follow the group heading to the meeting with Lavinia and listen in on their conversation.
    Spoiler
    Show

keep invisibility up and use stealth (use points from glory pool as needed with steath checks)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Eliezer looks to Skald and shakes his head. "We can fill him in later, but too much has to be done right now. Shouting Tree, I need you and Tavey to report to whomever they have for post-battle clearance; they're likely to know what to do temporarily for the civilian survivors of our voyage, or at least how to direct them for now. After that, see if you men can't help pitch in. We're here for the long haul, we're strangers, and the work you two do will go a long way to establishing initial goodwill between Farshore and the survivors of the Sea Wyvern while I, Skald, and Tom attend to our patron."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald nods to Eliezer in acceptance of his decision.

20. - Top - End - #110

Vona, Corrin, do you try and horn in on this meeting?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona turned to Lavina. "You guys focus on that. I need data on who and what was hit so we can make repairs and lay rest to the fallen."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin gives a nod and a strained smile as a greeting to Vona, somewhat surprised to see her out of her lab, before silently walking off in the direction of the chapel, walking fast enough to get there before the newly arrived Vanderboren. Corrin needs to remove the barricade he raised there, and he wants to check in on his family before getting a look at the mass of new arrivals. They will likely need food, clothing, and temporary shelter and those tasks will likely fall at least in part to Corrin.

Spoiler: Corrin description and Picture
    Show
    Spoiler: Picture
    Show
    Walking around town, Corrin wears stylish clothes with iron jewelry which changes on a daily basis depending on the weather and Corrin's mood. Identifying features include Corrin's bulbous goggles, his robe made of twine, along with his walking stick which is a foot taller than he is.

Corrin moves with a quickness that more than makes up for his diminutive stride. He can also leap with startling agility, or hold himself as still and silent as a statue which can make him easy to miss.

Despite being so easily overlooked, Corrin greets each day with a smile, and with verve and vigor.

Anyone who knows Corrin would know that he has taken a vow of silence and thus speaks using illusory words he writes in the air. They would also likely know that Corrin uses his magic to aid many businesses around Farshore. These include the Clayworks, which Corrin's father Redford Fiddlebitter is the manager of, The Last Coconut, where Corrin works as a cook, Sellis' Woodworks and Smithy, and Tehrik's Tannery.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2018-08-16 at 02:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

[Per Discord] Vona is contacted by Rigby Rumsbottom, Professor Hevrik Adwattle's current assistant. It seems that one of the things that was hit in the pirate raid was Farshore's Hall or Records. A fire was burning there, and a powerful magical ice storm was created to coat the hall in sleet and rain. That put out the fire, but also made many of the records soggy or even outright ruined! While Rigby is helping to inventory there, Vona has been asked to report to this meeting to assistant her aging teacher (and member of the town council), Professor Adwattle.

Corrin, once he gets back to the Last Coconut, sees Dranys Sellis there. He is overwhelmed - he and his employees - with all of the current issues in town. He feels he's the only one that can really give the orders at the "deckplate level," so he asks you to go as his representative to just listen in and take good stock of the town's material issues.

Do both of you go to the meeting?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona is a bit annoyed; they really needed to work on rebuilding efforts, but she acquiesced in the end. Better make sure that there wasn't another upcoming attack than to rebuild and get attacked in the middle of it.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin nods to Dranyis’ request but looks for Malthus before he goes and asks if he could send someone to check in on Corrin’s family and let them know he is fine and at the meeting.

After sending word to his family that he is well, Corrin crosses the road to the chapel and places a hand on the wall he created before willing it out of existence. Corrin then heads to the meeting.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Corrin dismisses his wall of steel at the chapel entrance.

26. - Top - End - #116

By the time Corrin gets to the chapel, he realizes he probably should have gone here first, if only to open the chapel. Lavinia and the whole contingent are standing there, discussing the metal blockage .... because the chapel is the site of the meeting. Corrin dismisses his magic, and the metal disappears.

Pews and so forth are set up to best prep a council meeting. Attending are:
    * Lady Lavinia Vanderboren and her Jade Ravens
    * The Meravanchis
    * All of the PCs, severally, in the role they were brought here for. The only formal distinction is Hoggie (see below).
    * Professor Hevrik Aldwattle, sporting a minor wound. He is sure to thank Rabbi Cohen for saving him when he gets to the chapel.
    * A tired and weary-looking Vesserin Catherly (keeper of the Farshore Chapel)
    * A bruised and angry halfling woman named Telda Syren (an herbalist, naturalist, and expert on the flora of the Isle of Dread)
    * A gruff and short-tempered man named Ulver Kabbanja (leader of the Farshore militia)

Before I continue, Hoggie, your invisibility only lasts 9 minutes a pop. You definitely would have needed to re-up twice because of everyone having to wait around for Corrin. Do you keep pumping uses of that spell to stay invisible at the meeting?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie will stealthily move to a place of concealment where he can hear what is going on; a upper level balcony if one exists. He will use levitate if needed. He spends glory pool on his stealth checks. He keeps spamming invisibility , just in case.

28. - Top - End - #118

It's a small frontier chapel, no upper balcony. So, you're spamming invisibility and levitate then?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

If there is no balcony to get to, he will find an out of the way spot, like behind the alter or alcove. Spam invisibility...check.

30. - Top - End - #120

Less an altar and more a big table. But nobody goes behind it to accidentally kick you since that separates a speaker from his audience too much.

Lavina's first order of business is to ask the other council members for a report on the damage to Farshore. Given reports that each are getting from various assistants around town, each council member speaks of damage to buildings, a few losses to fire, and a few deaths, but in the end, Farshore was lucky. Only 11 colonists were killed, resulting in the colony's current population of 240. The pirates were disorganized and seemed to be more interested in spreading fear and robbing people than actually doing a lot of damage -- everyone agrees that the fortuitous arrival of the helpers from the Sea Wyvern may well have been the key factor in weathering the pirate attack with few losses. Also, Corrin Fiddlebitter's efforts are noted as well. The council, Lavinia and hers, and the Meravanchis take time to applaud the PCs (Eliezer, Tom, Skald, and Corrin).

Lavinia then addresses Eliezer, Skald, and Tom, telling them that when their ships were separated at sea during the storm, Lavinia feared the worst. She's overjoyed to see that they survived, and officially introduces them to the rest of the town council, calling them her personal heroes and explains to the council that the Sea Wyvern PCs are, in large part, responsible for the supplies and her return to Farshore.

Lavinia then inquires about the Sea Wyvern and their adventures since they were separated.

Rabbi Cohen? You are the ranking survivor ...
    Show