New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

The four-white-winged, coppery-skinned dwarf with blonde hair and beard stands up and takes a center position. "I am the Rabbi Eliezer Whuraili Doctor Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth, taken as ward by the late Lord and Lady Vanderboren and trained as legal counsel and doctor for the house. Fate was such that I soon found myself embroiled in the several adventures leading to the gain of the Sea Wyvern and I was first mate of that doomed ship. Upon our separation at the Sargasso Storm and our wreckage on the northern end of the Isle of Dread, many were lost, including then-captain Darrius Wavebreaker (of blessed memory), Agnipati, and many others (of blessed memory). Skald set out with us originally, as did our cabin boy Tavey Nesk, whom I have tasked elsewhere in town with helping the colonists integrate. On our way, we picked up Shouting Tree, of an offshoot of a lost Olman tribe, and Tom Underhill there - whose purity and thirst for justice and righteousness betrays his div heritage and features.

"In making our way south, we have fought mummies, gargoyle kings, ancient naga guardians, gorilla-demons, and even a very powerful Lemorian Golem in the likeness of the demon prince Demogorgon. We lost Amella Venkalie (of blessed memory) against our first fight against the Golem. We have spent some time at the village of Tamoachan, and now we have finally arrived.

"Here in this hallowed hall of faith undeterred by the specifics of this holy faith or that, I do lay my confession down. That in the battle against the pirates in the town square, I believed but did not verify that the fallen townsfolk were already dead when Moradin did give me his holy power unlike anything I've ever been given before, for I smote six pirates on the spot with divine fire, and chased their noose-bedecked leader into a building and did give him ruin.

"I ask that not only Moradin, but you - the peers of those who may or may not have already died - to grant me forgiveness for my actions in seeking the most expedient means of destroying those that sought your town's hostage, and with a spell I have never yet used."

At this, he tests his holiness. He adopts around him again his holy nimbus to see if he still has Moradin's favor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note that I am standing in what passes for the front of the chapel, and that 20' surely covers the radius of the dais and all things on it ... including the altar or center-table.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Hoggie
    Show
    You get the uneasy feeling that once this strange angel-rabbit-doc starts to glow, that the focus is - oddly not as much on him. Sure, yours is at first. It's really pretty, and though dwarven in base form this Eliezer guy is actually stunningly charismatic. But psychic sensitive as you are, something gnaws at you and you, no doubt grinning as is your easy-going nature and at the dwarf-angel's interesting story, you shift your gaze momentarily to everyone else.

And everyone else in that chapel is staring right at you
    Spoiler: What Hoggie Knows
    Show
    Okay, so this rabbi either is an actual angel, or can take the form of one, or it is even a clever illusion. Brilliant planar scholar that you are, he is hard to quanitfy at first, but it finally dawns on you ... this is a chalkydri, a type of good outsider that is a subrace of true angel. It was difficult to hone in, though, because when you learned about the chalkydri, they were always depicted as human men with fiery longswords. This is a dwarven form, but considering his holy symbol is that of Moradin - the Dwarffather - that is not surprising. He has a warhammer at his side (not fiery, or at least not right now.

Now, as a race, other than special examples, angels are extraplanar outsiders. Unlike the other primary good outsiders (archons, aza'ata, and agathions), angels can be found among all of the Upper Planes (though Elysium is most common, the plane of neutral good). Angels have both darkvision and low-light vision. They are immune to acid, cold, and petrification. They have moderate resistance to electricity and fire, as well as siginificant resistance against poison. Angels also possess the ability that most Upper Planar folk do ... something called "truespeech" which allows them to communicate with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell.

This nimbus that he possesses - the thing that tells you (once you sadly realize your invisibility is no longer any good) is an extremely powerful protective aura that acts as a double-strength magic circle against good - at double radius (20') - while combining it with the power of a lesser globe of invulnerability (please read that link). Your invisibility is not dispelled, but it is merely suppressed. If you leave the radius of his nimbus, it will continue operating as long as the spell has duration remaining (suppression does not halt spell duration). This means that if he has his nimbus running, only your three most powerful psychic spells have any chance of working.

Of course, angels are still outsiders, so that means he can take some punishment, is a canny warrior, probably has a quick body and powerful mind, is quite skillful, is well-versed in many weapons, and does not need to eat, drink, or sleep (but does need to breathe).

In particular among the angels, chalkydri are extremely militaristic and competent warriors, on par with the planar travelers known as movanic devas.

Spoiler: Everyone Except Hoggie
    Show
    As soon as Rabbi Cohen's nimbus shines forth, it becomes suddenly and obviously apparent that a man with long hair and a big grin is sitting cross-legged under the center table on the dais, staring at the dwarf-angel. Tom recognizes Hoggie. He's just sitting there happy as a clam until he notes that everyone is hushed and - even with Eliezer following everyone else's gaze - is now looking at him. Finally, the vacuous expression of the man notes a change in the now quiet chapel and looks out and sees everyone else looking at him.
    Spoiler: What Everyone Knows About Eliezer
    Show
    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    Corrin ... a dwarf with deep red skin ... and not only wings, but four wings? What the hell?

Spoiler: Skald, Tom
    Show
    Skald, Tom ... you still don't know. You still aren't quite sure, but that's because Eliezer - when asked about it previously, wasn't quite sure himself. Some kinda' angel, sure, that's obvious, but that's not in your bailiwick.
    Spoiler: Vona
    Show
    Vona, this winged dwarf seems angelic pictorially, but it may be a function of special blessings on a servant of ... whomever his god happens to be.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

The townspeople probably know this better than he does, but just in case there's an unpleasant scene in the offing, Tom speaks up...

"Don't worry about him. He was helping us during the fight, so I seriously doubt that he means to cause trouble."
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrins eyes coldly glare at the winged dwarf. It turns out it was one of these strangers who caused that scene of devastation in town. At least he was man enough to own up to what he did. Bubbling under the surface, Corrin just watches and waits for the council to decide if they will punish this outsider or not.

Before they had the chance to deliberate on that, Hoggie shows up. Corrin almost thought that he might have been hiding there the whole time during the attack until another stranger spoke up. Corrin waves Hoggie over and points at a seat next to him. Corrin wasn’t sure others would agree with Hoggie’s attendance, but Corrin always found him to be the agreeable sort if somewhat addled.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie remains seated in the lotus position, hands clasped as if in prayer.

Spoiler: Tepe *EL* Hoggie >>>Rusty
    Show

*concern*
    “ I could...use ....your help...in the Church. I think.”

6. - Top - End - #126

Spoiler: Rusty >>> Hoggie
    Show
    Rusty tepes back, "What, no catchy thought-worm? Fine, I was just playing with a spider, but I can let him go. I'll be there in a minute or two."

Vesserin Catherly looks apologetically to Lavinia and the Meravanchis as he goes up to the table to shoo away Hoggie. "His name is Hogarth Wainwright. Unlike his solid name, he is actually a talented herbologist that has taken far too much of his own stock. Now, Hoggie," Vesserin says condescendingly, "your kind demon-hero-friend has offered you a spot next to his kind, thoughtful, unholy self."

Once Hoggie is seated next to Tom, Vesserin adds with a red-faced shrug, "He's harmless .... well, except for some random demonic possession from time-to-time. Harmless, though."

"The reports I have," says Professor Aldwattle, "are that five pirates were in the town square having suffered tremendous burns, and that miraculously they are all alive. The pirate leader that ran into Yetse's candle-shop, however, was killed. They suffered no other apparent injuries, which means it was instantaneous. If any townsfolk were, how shall I say? ... finished off by your flame? ... it was too hard to tell as they seemed to have suffered from beatings and puncture wounds consistent with their weapons, but that's only an initial visual.

"On a personal note, I would like to say that this Rabbi Cohen saved my life. With the town burning and people screaming and pirates attacking all around, he had the werewithal to see my lone, feeble figure, fly down to me, heal me, and direct me to safety. I would've bled out for sure. I say he has my vote for public forgiveness."

The other council members seem to come to a brimming consensus to pardon the dwarf-gel(?), er, rabbi for his spectacular use of holy magic.

Corrin (or anyone else), do you raise a dissension of some sort?

Meanwhile, Rusty nestles at Hoggie's feet.
    Spoiler: Rusty >>> Hoggie
    Show
    "Bunch of excited townies heading this way."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-08-19 at 05:31 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie speaks softly so Corrin can hear.
    The villagers are out tonight
    Uptight and bored
    They're pushing you
    Underground
    On wintry days they stand and gaze
    Outlined in black and ignorant
    Villagers
    Dark shadows house a sleepy malice
    In the backbrain
    Of every body you meet
    Man is the village animal
    United by the glue
    Of our loathsome qualities
    We are sneaking peeping toms
    In revolt against each other
    The villagers are most insane
    They live to die anonymous
    And muted to, villagers
    In revolt against the other
    But not against the rules”
    He smiles while looking at back of the pew and pats Corrin’s knee.
    Spoiler: author credit
    Show

song lyrics from “The villagers” , Iggy Pop The Zombie Birdhouse, 1982. Credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2018-08-20 at 05:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin raises no fuss with the council's, decision to spare the dwarf. Maybe the townsfolk were dead before the fire fell, maybe it was a relief for them that the pirates burned as well, and maybe the town does owe him for rescuing the professor and killing (or seriously wounding) those blasted pirates. If the council has decided, so mote it be, but if other cases of fire from this so-called friend happen...

Corrin's dark thoughts are interrupted by Hoggie trying to tell him something... Is he saying that the townsfolk are restless? Not really news considering all that has happened today, but Corrin feels it rude to dismiss him when he is speaking what he thinks. Corrins fingers move and words appear for Hoggie to read, "I agree that the people are restless after events like today Hoggie, but hopefully this meeting will allow us to recover quickly and set in place plans to prepare us for similar disasters in the future. Perhaps today was fate. A rock thrown into a still pond whose ripples will push out any algae and stagnation. As unfortunate as it may be, death is often fate's tool to promote growth."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Corrin currently in the nimbus, and does that affect his ability to write?
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

10. - Top - End - #130

Corrin (and Hoggie, and everyone), the halfling moved his fingers to cast his spell, but the spell does not occur. I reiterate, Corrin's last full speech effect did NOT happen.
    Spoiler: Corrin
    Show
    You have no idea why your magic-speech has failed you.

Before Corrin can make any adjustment, Lavinia (not understanding what Corrin was attempting) continues, and promises that she'll do what she can to aid in the recovery and repair of the Sea Wyvern.

At this point, several colonists burst into the doorless chapel, shouting excitedly and waving a sheaf of papers. It seems that something dire has been discovered on board the captured Hellfish -- this piratical assault was only a scouting party. The Crimson Fleet is coming to Farshore.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

The glory of the nimbus might be too much for the colonists to deal with, and Eliezer drops his nimbus and goes to Lavinia. "We should study the papers to see if we can't learn anything else. Failing that, I would like to question the survivors."
    Current Games

12. - Top - End - #132

There's not much more information to be gleaned as Lavinia and Eliezer pore over the papers right there - at least not on a surface level. She agrees with Rabbi Cohen's advice to question the prisoners when they come to. That is when she learns that of the pirates that had dropped in the town square (and yet survived) and a couple at the doorstep to the chapel, while all of the town's leadership was in the chapel for this meeting, anguished people gave the pirates "island justice." (Basically, frontier justice ... on an island.)

Fortunately, there is one source that may be able to help. During the battle, one of the Rat's End pirates was captured alive - the one that had been disabled, but not felled, by Skald when the ranger first attacked the pirates at the chapel. The pirate in question is a pitiful scoundrel named Lefty. Lefty's features are bruised and sunken. His skin is hot to the touch, one of his eyes is blackened, he has been hit a couple times by arrows, and he is missing his left hand. Only this last wound is old.
    Spoiler: Picture of Lefty the Pirate
    Show

Manthalay Meravanchi convinces the counsel to interrogate the pirate, here, now, and without succor. Lavinia relents.

Lady Lavinia looks to Rabbi Cohen. "I would question him, unless you think you or one of yours would be better for the task?"

So, any PCs think they might be better than Lady Lavinia at questioning Lefty the Pirate? If so, what do you propose to try?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beware, it's a (meta)gaming conceit that if Bobby's PC doesn't succeed, Mary's PC will try, and .... yeah. Also, unless you know each other well enough already, you really aren't skilled at Aid Another in this situation. So, it is better if you make a plan before everyone just trying to have a random go at Lefty.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie sits quietly and a look of concentration comes over his face as he focuses on a spot above and right of the pirate.
    Spoiler: lets see what this baby can do
    Show

Hoggie casts detect thoughts expending a fourth level spell slot and spends four phrenic pool points for a +2 boost the DC of the will save.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2018-08-22 at 05:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona had sat there, a tad irritated in being here, but that changed as she heard the depth of the attack. This was a bigger matter than the repairs she has previously working. She didn't want to interrogate the "Lefty" guy, while she might be able to trick him into disclosing info, it probably would be better with the whole "Good Cop and/or Bad Cop" routine. Tricky Cop generally only worked when the suspect thought they had a position of strength, which is clearly not the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald stares around the room and eyes the pirate recalling the battle and how the man was wounded. He is sure that there are others amongst the crew better equipt to conduct an interrogation then he.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin is still flummoxed by his magic inexplicably not working, and all but ignores the interrogation as he tests out his magic several times to make sure it still works. Causing random nursery rhymes, religious text, and images appear around him as he tries to figure out what it was. The most obvious of the magical illusions he spouts is a large set of letters circling him which reads, "Something went wrong with my magical ability to project text, trying to figure it out now. Don't mind me."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Corrin's Magic? GM...
    Show
    Can you roll a Spellcraft for me, please, and let me know what I can figure regarding Corrin's magic?

Rabbi Cohen looks to his patron. "Lady Lavinia, if I may?" He then looks to Tom. "Tom, you came from the lesser ranks, did you not? Perhaps you can assist me."
    Spoiler: Tom Underhill
    Show
    I vaguely remember waaaayyy back when you giving his back-story blurb that he was a gladiator, prisoner, slave, or something like that? Regardless, I don't know if you have Diplomacy, but I do know that you have a high CHA, so I'm looking for an Aid Another on a Diplomacy check here, buddy.
    Current Games

18. - Top - End - #138

Hoggie has more than just a look of concentration. In fact, he seems practically constipated and red-faced. Luckily, nobody's really looking at him right now.
    Show
    You're most powerful spell level, backed by fully half a day's PE with overpowering mind? Yeah, this is deep-hero concentration, not calm-at-the-center of the storm going on here.
    Round 1: Yes, thoughts exist in the area.
    Round 2: Since you were sure to position yourself outside of "interfering waves," you detect one mind in the area. That mind is ... unimpressive. It has trouble following trains of thought, forgetting most unimportant things.
    Round 3: The mind (presumably Lefty's) is surly. He's pretty sure the colonists have already decided to execute him, and doesn't see how telling their leaders anything can change his fate.

Lady Lavinia nods to Rabbi Cohen. "I remember how effective a counselor you were for my parents before..." and she stops herself as he mind obviously goes to a memory of where her brother betrayed them and had them killed. "I would like to see if those new wings you wear would weigh down your tongue, of if you are still a gifted solicitor."

Tom, will you assist Rabbi Cohen?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom backs up Rabbi Cohen...

Spoiler
    Show
    I rolled it in OOC but would be more than happy to roll it again here.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

20. - Top - End - #140

Spoiler: Swami Monsoon
    Show
    It doesn't matter if you rolled a '20'. With an Aid on Diplomacy, you'd get the same result on a '1' as a '20' ... auto-success, you Aid.

As it turns out, Tom makes an excellent assistant, being nearly as good at the task as Rabbi Cohen himself. This is not the "direct diplomacy surgery" that many players might think of when it comes to the task. Rather, the rabbi takes his time and expertly weaves in various tactics: building rapport, anecdotes, parables, allegories, and by the time he gets to questioning Lefty he seems more than ready to talk.
    Show
    Your detect thoughts spell ends long before Rabbi Cohen is done questioning him to gain the following information, but during the nine minutes you concentrate you can "see" the mental processes change as this "rabbi's" effective banter changes Lefty's mood, outlook, and willingness to discuss sensitive information.

Lefty admits that he and other pirates came from Rat's End, and that no one remains there to be a problem now. Their captain, Slipknot Peet, brought everyone on this attack, which was supposed to be a scouting mission. Slipknot Peet had been in contact with the Crimson Fleet (Lefty's not sure how, only that "magic was involved"), and they'd promised the Rat's End pirates a place in their fleet if they scouted out Farshore for the next few weeks. Apparently, a large force of Crimson Fleet ships is scheduled to arrive in the region "on other business," and at that time they would like to ransack Farshore, using the intelligence gathered by the Rat's End pirates to ensure victory. Slipknot didn't reveal to his crew how many Crimson Fleet ships were on the way, but when he decided to attack Farshore on his own, he did mention that they had two months to loot the place and escape other waters with their booty before the Crimson Fleet got here.

Lady Lavinia looks to Rabbi Cohen, Skald, and Tom Underhill. "What do you suggest we do with Lefty?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie will continue to detect the pirates thoughts through out the interrogation.
    Spoiler
    Show

use 1st level spell slots and no pherenic pool as needed.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"An axe, if cracked, can yet be reforged. It is only wastefulness that sees the flawed metal as little more than dross," Eliezer says to Lady Lavinia. "Can he be redeemed? If so, then he must go through what rehabilitation is necessary. Justice must be served, but death rarely serves the needs of justice."
    Current Games

23. - Top - End - #143

Show
    When you first re-up it, he is able to save ... and then again .... but then you get him the next three times. Unfortunately, it yields nothing useful/ actionable. He does totally want to ravage Lady Lavinia, though.

"Given the intel he has been willing to share with you," says Lavinia to Eliezer (and Tom), "I think he can be redeemed as well."

She talks with the council about finding a lesser punishment for Lefty so that it could put him on the path to redemption for now. Manthalay Meravanchi would rather see Lefty executed, arguing that his crimes were committed in Farshore, so he should be tried and punished in Farshore. The discussion on what to do with Lefty has to be tabled for now. So, Lefty is taken away - to be imprisoned on the Blue Nixie until Lady Lavinia and the council can figure out what to do with him.

That brings the council back to the discussion of the Crimson Fleet. News of the advance of the Crimson Fleet likely sends chills down the PCs' spines; it certainly does the rest of Farshore. The magnitude of the threat is no more obvious than in the fact that preparing Farshore for a defense against the imminent attack is one of the only things that Lavinia and Manthalay can agree upon. Both hope that the PCs are willing to help, although only Lavinia's not too proud to ask the PCs - the exceptional persons of Farshore as well as the Sea Wyvern - directly for their aid.

In going over the colony's defenses, Lavinia comes to several conclusions:
    • There are a lot of places where Farshore could be improved and fortified. Lavinia's created a list of possible places for improvement, including the chapel, the harbor, the infirmary, the militia, the palisade, and the watchtowers. Other areas of Farshore can certainly be improved as well, although these improvements aren't likely to have military applications.
    • Farshore's militia isn't enough to defend against a large-scale attack; the fact that it was barely able to hold its own against one small ship makes this clear. Without help from the Olman islanders who dwell in the nearby seven villages, things look grim indeed. Lavinia needs the PCs to travel with all haste to the village of Tanaroa (the largest of the seven villages) and do whatever it takes to gain the support of the Olman warriors.
    • In addition, there are other, stranger tribes of humanoids dwelling in the interior, tribes whose aid would doubtless further shore up Farshore. The phanatons are one such tribe--securing their aid can help Farshore's defenses. Local legends also tell of a race of catlike humanoids called "rakastas." The locals believe that the last of the "rakastas" have died out, but they were renowned for their masterwork weapons. Perhaps hidden caches of rakasta weaponry still exist at the sites of their old temples.
    • Many supplies were damaged in the recent attack, supplies that could be replaced by the cargo still carried by the Sea Wyvern. For that matter, if the Sea Wyvern herself could be repaired, she could give Farshore a huge advantage in defending against pirates. Lavinia needs the PCs to return to the wreck site, effect repairs, and sail the Sea Wyvern back with her cargo.
    • The Isle of Dread itself has resources that could prove helpful. A large tar pit could supply the isle with tar to shore up defenses and repair damaged ships and buildings, but only if access to the tar pits can be gained.

Once the PCs are familiar with the situation, they are free to handle their tasks in any order they wish. Farshore becomes their home base for these explorations, and there's certainly a large amount of work that needs to be done as well.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Eliezer looks out among the mixed group of people there - "his" people, the council and their assistants, Lavinia, and the village idiot and his cat.

He addresses the Farshore delegation. "You have heard the stories I've myself and my crewmates... what we've faced, what we've fought, what we've endured. But we need help. During the attack on the town, I got the sense that there were those in town of exceptional skill and mien who helped in its defense. Are those persons here now? And if not, do you know of those in town who might be called on for this, their home's needed and desperate hour?"
    Spoiler: Fellow Players (and GM)
    Show
    Calling all adventurers not already associated with Eliezer!
    Current Games

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Grinning, Hoggie raises his hand and gestures wildly!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona sighs at the strange man. She seriously considered not raising her hand if it meant dealing with that guy, but the situation is dire enough that she too raised her hand.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin also waves a hand through the air, indicating that he will assist. If nothing else, it would give Corrin a chance to try and fix a boat bigger than a dingy.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

"Vesserin Catherly," says Rabbi Cohen respectfully, "as your chapel seems to also be effectively the Town Hall and meeting place, may we use your chapel tomorrow to meet and discuss what we may?"

If he agrees, Rabbi Cohen will thank him.

"First things, first. Lady Lavinia, I and what few survivors we have from the Sea Wyvern just got into town. I request shelter of some sort for us until something more permanent can be managed. I and my crew are five and a jaguar. Lord Meravanchi, hopefully your uncle can put you up. After that I have only a handful of other surviving colonists. Food too, as can be managed and we learn how the economy works best in town."

He then looks out to the Farshore residents. "I respectfully request that a status list be provided by each of the major buildings and businesses of town to me as soon as possible that I may figure how best to employ my people.

"Skald, at eight bells this evening, gather our folk together at the north pier. You and I, Tom, Shouting Tree, and even Tavey. We need to divvy up what we have or can be useful among us. We'll also discuss whatever we need to discuss concerning tasks for ourselves. We'll break for the night and meet here at one bell in the forenoon tomorrow morning.

"Lady Lavinia, may I impose upon you and your Jade Ravens? At two bells in the forenoon tomorrow, can I meet your Jade Ravens here? I will need about fifteen minutes or so for each of your Ravens individually with me. That's five Ravens for no longer than an hour-and-a-half."

He now looks to the locals that raised their hands. "I would like to meet the three of you. That's you, you, and ... (quiet sigh) ... you," and here he points to the gnome lady, the halfling man, and the guy with the cat, "at six bells in the forenoon tomorrow, if I can meet the three of you here, please."
    Spoiler: Ships Bell Time
    Show
    Want to know what time equates to what? This is a great source! But I figure he'd refer to time like that.
    Current Games

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

"Normally the expression would be 'I'll be there with bells on', but I think I shall avoid it because he", she gestures at the weird man, "might think that it's an instruction."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie picks up Rusty and rises. He gives a thumbs up to the winged dwarf without meeting his eyes, pats Corrin on the shoulder before walking out. He will return to where he dropped the produce he was bringing to town, gather it up and transport it on his floating disk spell to market.
    Once this task is completed, he will help clean up in town. He will also look to purchase a woven satchel to use in the collecting of flora and a small sickle towards that end. He will remain in town until it is time to return home for the night.