New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide III: Tides of Dread [IC]

Corrin hops up and waves to Eliezer before leaving the chapel and finding Dranys to give him the gist of what transpired and going into detail on what the Dwarf asks or would need to know. Corrin then goes home to his family to assure them that he is fine, and to prepare for travel, since much of what needs doing requires him to leave Farshore.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Lavinia agrees and invites Rabbi Cohen and the members of his crew to stay with her at Vanderboren Manor until they procure more a more permanent home. So, Rabbi Cohen, Skald, Tom Underhill, Shouting Tree, and Tavey Nesk have a place to call home for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    Hoggie picks up Rusty and rises. He gives a thumbs up to the winged dwarf without meeting his eyes, pats Corrin on the shoulder before walking out. He will return to where he dropped the produce he was bringing to town, gather it up and transport it on his floating disk spell to market.
    Once this task is completed, he will help clean up in town. He will also look to purchase a woven satchel to use in the collecting of flora and a small sickle towards that end. He will remain in town until it is time to return home for the night.
    Yeah, sorry, buddy ... but your produce isn't going to be there, except for anything that got misshapen or turned into "ugly fruit" when it dropped.
    Spoiler: Hoggie
    Show
    Your sheet (equipment added and money reduced) has been updated for a woven sack and a sickle.

Spoiler: ALCON
    Show
    Anyone else can update what they want, and if I don't see anything I will get right to the morning and the Interactive Thread. That said, I totally dropped the ball. Good spot, PSinger. I made a statement in OOC #1, but I never did actually make the Interactive Thread. That will be next.
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Despondent over the loss of the crops, Hoggie trudges home to tell his brother the events of the day. A trip out of town is sounding better all the time.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald nods his acceptance of the order...
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Tom has no objections to extra hands or to sparing the pirate...

"If he doesn't watch his step we can tell him to try his luck in the woods. Or go find the Crimson fleet and explain to them why disobeying their orders was really a good idea."
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbi Cohen will go about town and try to get everyone to the chapel - "his" people, the town volunteers, and the Jade Ravens.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

7. - Top - End - #157

Once everyone is gathered, Lady Lavinia Vanderboren is there with the Town Council and the Meravanchis. Lady Lavinia begins...

"I had a conference yesterday with Rabbi Cohen. It ran late as we prioritized and discussed all that is before us, and who we have.

"Number one priority: secure the aid of the Olman tribes. We have to get them to understand that they have a vested interest in helping to defeat the Crimson Fleet, who will not stop simply with Farshore's destruction and plunder. To that end, Rabbi Cohen will lead this team with Tom Underhill as his second. We also need the following: Skald, Corrin Fiddlebitter, Hogarth Wainwright, and Vanarlonack Kruweck (did I say that right?).

"Lord Avner Meravanchi, the protection of a demesne and its persons are a noble's primary duty, and a military honor. I understand you are a talented engineer. Will you take on the responsibility of overseeing the upgrade and building of the watchtowers?"

Lord Meravanchi says, "I will do no such thing. My uncle needs me for work on his own."

The elder Mervanchi stands. "It is true, I have a mission for my nephew. Besides, he is no 'talented engineer.' He simply understands the basics."

Lady Lavinia nods sadly. "The Caller, you are a brilliant engineer, you in charge of the watchtowers project.

"Tavey Nesk, congratulations, son. I hear you've done quite well in the adventures that brought your crew here. You are assigned the north gate. Shouting Tree, likewise; it will be good for our crews to see an Olman willing to help, and you could be the point-man for answering questions, even though you are of a different tribe. You have the west gate. Tolin Kientai, you are likewise a skilled engineer. I want you to be responsible for construction of a new watchtower to be constructed in the northeastern corner of the palisade. You will be overall second to The Caller. Caller, you will have oversight of your workforce, but also all others; Tolin is your second; and you are responsible for construction of a new watchtower to be built on the southwestern bluff that overlooks the harbor. Work crews have already been called up and are standing by. I'll need a construction outline and timeline as soon as possible. Meet me here tomorrow morning after your initial survey is complete."

She then looks to Liamae Teslikaria. "Liamae, I want you to help out Councilman Vesserin here at the chapel. Morale is low, a lot of healing is still needed throughout the populace, and since ... just like we're doing now ... the chapel is the centerpoint for town in matters secular as well as spiritual, Councilman Vesserin could use the help in handling day-to-day chores, as well as various tasks such as healing, maintenance, sermons, and other spiritual matters."

"Kaskus, I need you to assist Councilwoman Syren. Since the chapel is going to be more of a nerve center, her apothecary is going to be a makeshift hospital. I need you to assist her to increase the efficiency of the infirmary so that when the attack comes, Farshore's residents will be in better shape to defend the colony.

"Finally, Zan Oldavin, I need you for personal projects by my side as an assistant."

She looks at everyone after a pause. "As tasks might be completed to the point of diminishing returns, we will retask folks as appropriate. Does anyone have any questions?"
    Spoiler: ALCON
    Show
    Please indicate that you do or do not have any questions through a generic RP post with possible internalizations or saying no questions OOC (if no questions), or by raising the concerns IC (if you have questions). That way, nobody is skipped.
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona scowled slightly. Not because Lady Lavina mispronounced her name; she was used to that. No, it was putting her in the field rather than leading the engineering projects. She didn't really know this "Caller" fellow, but she was sure she was the better engineer. It was a waste of her talent to be assigned here, really, but arguing the fact wouldn't really help. The Rabbi struck her as a man who was good with words and with people and if the Rabbi couldn't talk Lavina into using the brilliant engineer under her for actual engineering projects, then there was little chance she could.

She just couldn't figure out why they needed her on the Olman project rather than building. At first she thought it was because she could speak the language, but since the rabbi had truespeech, that couldn't be the case. Maybe they were hoping to use her for an introduction, but that didn't quite make sense either. Still there had to be a reason why they assigned her this job and it was clear that just asking wasn't going to get her the answers she sought. Even if she had to work with the weird rhyming man.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin is rather unsure how helpful he would be during a diplomatic mission, considering he doesn't really talk much (or at all save through writing,) but he trusts wiser minds than his to know what their doing. Just like he trusts in fate to see them through this set of trials, though it's hard to tell fate apart from wishful thinking at times.

At the very least, Corrin can keep the group fed on the journey to the Olman tribes.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll trust the decisions of the people with real local knowledge. If they say the Olman are the most important objective, I'm not going to argue. I'm not sure what they'll make of me, but I'll do my best wherever I'm needed."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbi Cohen looks at his group. "My folks, grab your stuff from the manor. Everyone else, get whatever you need for travel - waterskins, provisions, professional equipment, backpack, bedroll, etc. Meet back here in two hours."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin goes home to gather his staff and his swarmbane clasp. The staff is for warding off the larger dangerous creatures out there, the clasp is to deal with biting insects. After he has his things, he says goodbye to his family and sets back off to the chapel to meet and wait with the others for their departure. His clothing is changed from before, now his cloths hug him more tightly, leaving little in the way of loose cloth to get snagged by a passing branch, and they are colored in earthy tones of green and brown. His staff is carried in the crook of his arm when he is standing around not moving, and his goggles now rest over his eyes making them appear enlarged to freakish proportions.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Skald will nod his agreement and head back to... Where ever his things are and gather what he needs.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie wil grin broadly and give Rusty a little fist/paw bump on the DL.
    The sandy haired man speaks in a melodic rhyme to no one in particular.
    We were strangers, starting out on a journey
    Never dreaming, what we'd have to go through
    Now here we are, I'm suddenly standing
    At the beginning with you

No one told me I was going to find you
    Unexpected, what you did to my heart
    When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
    This is the start”

The pair will mill about outside until the appointed time

Spoiler: credit
    Show
    Richard Marx “At the Beginning “
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2018-09-13 at 05:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

The surviving crew of the Sea Wyvern - Rabbi Cohen, Skald, Tom Underhill, and Shouting Tree (and Ix-Caban) - have been invited to stay at Vanderboren Manor until they can get homes of their own. The one who isn't doing that is Tavey Nesk, who has sort of been adopted by one of the outlying farms.

Once Hoggie is done with his humanocentric song, Rusty chants a song-poem that is more cosmopolitan ...

[Verse 1]
    In the Middle of the Earth, in the land of Shire
    Lives a brave little hobbit whom we all admire
    With his long, wooden pipe
    Fuzzy, wooly toes
    He lives in a hobbit-hole and everybody knows him

[Chorus]
    Bilbo (Bilbo!), Bilbo Baggins
    He's only three feet tall
    The bravest little hobbit of 'em all!

[Verse 2]
    Now, hobbits are peace-loving folks, you know
    They're never in a hurry and they take things slow
    They don't like to travel away from home
    They just like to eat and be left alone!

[Verse 3]
    But one day Bilbo was asked to go
    On a big adventure to the caves below
    To help some dwarves get back their gold
    That was stolen by a dragon in the days of old

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
    Well he fought with the goblins!
    He battled a troll!
    He riddled with Gollum!
    A magic ring he stole!
    He was chased by wolves!
    Lost in the forest!
    Escaped in a barrel from the elf-king's halls!

[Chorus]
    The bravest little hobbit of 'em all!

[Verse 4]
    Now he's back in his hole in the land of Shire
    That brave little hobbit whom we all admire
    Just a-sittin' on a treasure of silver and gold
    A-puffin' on his pipe in his hobbit-hole!

[Chorus]

Spoiler: To Move Forward ...
    Show
    Once I hear a brief something from everyone else that they're ready, we'll begin.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie covers his ears and shakes his head, cheeks reddening. How insensitive and with halfling’s present, he thinks to himself.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbi Cohen looks at Hoggie. "The hobbit was a hero in that chant. Nothing insensitive, and highly praiseworthy. I think your silvanshee is hedging bets that the halfling will be the real hero of this expedition."
    Current Games

18. - Top - End - #168

The kitty, vindicated by a learned religious scholar, begins cleaning itself ... with its genitals pointed towards its master.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie shakes his head at his friend’s antics.
    He will also prepare a potion of some kind while they wait.

Spoiler
    Show

He will prepare his cognatogen for the day although this is usually done at the beginning of each day.

20. - Top - End - #170

Day 3 (Cont'd)

There are a series of long outriggers that Farshore uses to get to villages on the southern peninsula of the mainland. Indeed, villagers from there are the ones that rowed the remainder of the Sea Wyvern here. Just as it was to get here, it takes a day to cross the 15 miles due north to get to the village of Mora. You could've had a shorter day rowing west and then portaging to the village of Panitube (Pan-ih-TU-bay), but then you would've had a much longer overland portage.

Rabbi Cohen, when you and yours came down from Tanaroa during your lengthy stay last time, it was in Mora that the Tanaroans left you and the Morans brought you to Farshore. They recognize you, and welcome you to stay the night and for sustenance and security.

Do you do anything else in the evening while in Mora? Your primary target is Tanaroa, since as Tanaroa does, most of the other villages seem to follow. But, since you are here .....
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbi Cohen, at the dinner, asks the members of his group, "Is anyone here good at any type of performance? Something short and sweet, not taking the whole evening? Tom, perhaps you could do a weapons desmonstration with your Winterspear? Skald, perhaps a display of acrobatics? Corrin, you have a way about you ... anything?"
    Current Games

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie sits by the fire and meditates, stroking Rusty’s fur (if he is inclined to allow it).
    Spoiler
    Show

He will use his once per day use of detect thoughts (sp)

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PSinger View Post
    Rabbi Cohen, at the dinner, asks the members of his group, "Is anyone here good at any type of performance? Something short and sweet, not taking the whole evening? Tom, perhaps you could do a weapons desmonstration with your Winterspear? Skald, perhaps a display of acrobatics? Corrin, you have a way about you ... anything?"

Skald looks flatly at the Rabbi and sighs. "I could perhaps combine some flying acrobatics and some Dancing Lights, Glitterdust and Faerie Fire... But if one single person makes a Tinker Bell comment..."
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2018-09-25 at 02:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin strokes his chin at the question of entertainment before writing, "I can preform a little acrobatics, some jumps and twirls to impress a crowd I suppose. I could also make pretty lights appear much in the way I write my words. If someone wants to tell a story, I could illustrate it by using simple illusions."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Vona rolled her eyes. "I could do some slight of hand, but making objects appear to come from nothing is less impressive when you can actually make objects come from nothing." Strictly speaking it wasn't from nothing; it was focused ions aligned to form a stabilization matrix that eventually decayed, but she learned long ago that most people didn't care for the science anywhere near as much as the results, so she kept the details to herself.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-09-25 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could do a sort of fireworks show. Well, the opposite of fire, actually. It would all be made of snow and ice... but that would be quite a novelty here."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's all great," says Eliezer. "I will tell a story to Mr. Fiddlebitter's illusions with Skald and Mr. Underhill punctuating with spectacle. After all of that, Mr. Underhill, if you will assist me? I would like to try to plant the seeds of fellowship in the minds of the Morans ... and to at least inform them of the coming of the Crimson Fleet."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2018-09-26 at 12:09 PM.
    Current Games

28. - Top - End - #178

It is ... quite the spectacle. The Eliezer & Bros. Circus does a fine job of entertaining the villagers of Mona. Since Tom doesn't speak the language, and very few villagers have any knowledge whatsoever of the Common tongue, Rabbi Cohen gets Vona to help him understand the natives, and he gives an incredibly impassioned speech that has the villagers of Mona ready to tear the pirates of the Crimson Fleet to shreds with their hands ... and yet, they will not without word from Tanaroa. Still, the evening passes quite well, and the PCs have done well.

DAY 4

The smartest thing to be would be to not drive a straight line NW through the jungle of the peninsula to straightline NW to Tanaroa (which would delay things and might be more dangerous than necessary), but rather to go directly NE instead to Burouac, a village on the eastern coast of the peninsula, and one requiring no travel through the jungle (grasslands all the way). It will take all day, and maybe a little extra. There are old trails that will help guide the way so you don't lose time, but Vona's small size slows the party down some (a problem that the equally small Corrin doesn't share at all).

When it gets hot during the day and it would normally be time to stop, Rabbi Cohen can stop the group ... pray for an hour for a different selection (to include communal endure elements) ... and then press onwards. Because of that, the group will have to force march for two hours, but finally get to the village of Burouac. Doing a lather, rinse, repeat of bringing a show to the natives, and then warning them of the dangers of the Crimson Fleet, Vona again proves herself invaluable in helping the village of Burouac show support for Farshore's request for help ... but again, pending Tanaroa. It should be noted that while still an incredible diplomat, yet the Burouacians aren't quite as chomping at the bit as the villagers of Mona were.

DAY 5

So, Tanaroa is now NW of Burouac, and this time it is mainly grassland with only a thin stretch of jungle that the PCs will have to traverse through. Still, with Vona's slower speed and the need to deal with the super-hot midday, is there anything that anyone wants to do to prep for this day's travel?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hoggie will use his wand of endure elements on himself and Rusty if no spell casting is forthcoming. Before breaking camp, a translucent disk forms next to him and Rusty hops on. Hoggie speaks in a monotone to no one in particular.
    “I'm goin' up the country, baby don't you want to go?
    I'm goin' up the country, baby don't you want to go?
    I'm goin' to some place, I've never been before
    I'm goin' I'm goin' where the water tastes like wine
    I'm goin' where the water tastes like wine
    We can jump in the water, stay drunk all the time
    I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
    I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
    All this fussin' and fightin' man, you know I sure can't stay
    So baby pack your leavin' trunk”
    Spoiler: credit
    Show

Canned Heat, Living the Blues “Going up the country “.

He will guesture to the others as if to offer them a ride as well.
    He will then take the lead just ahead of the main party to watch for danger.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrin makes some preparations for the journey. He will create some clothing well suited for the current hot weather and offer some to the rest of the party as well. He also makes sure that he is fully protected by his spells when they travel outside the confines of a settlement.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Creating a set of Hot Weather Outfit (+2 to Fort saves in hot weather) for Corrin and anyone who asks. Will also cast Armored Aegis 2 times (once for +4 armor bonus another for +2 shield bonus) and cast Deflection Aegis (the base sphere ability) for +2 deflection bonus to AC.