New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad chuckles, happy to have flustered Electra. He then raises his tail to put the bands on it and gives it a few experimental twirls.

"They seem to be holding on well. You have the right idea, I think. If I'm going to be creating fire from my hands while dancing, those will create a counterbalance to it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Halfling in the Playground

[Concourse]

Well that's another eyebrow-raiser.

G'nichi certainly is quite the unusual character.

"Sounds like quite the artifact. Where'd ya pick up somethin' like that?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G’nichi looks...it’s some mix of embarrassment and pride.
    ”It was on a cultist who tried to kill me. I stabbed him and I didn’t want him to sunmon and more swords so I took it and...well now it’s bonded to me so it doesn’t come off.” At least it’s stylish. And not made of a metal that rusts.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #844

[Concourse]

"Well, sounds like y'might have done a fair bit of heroics already. Y'ain't as wet behind the ears as you sound like y'are." He chuckles, leaning over to clap a hand on G'nichi's back.

Maybe an overly friendly gesture, but he's amused by his new acquaintance.

"Also sounds like yer makin' a bit of a habit of running into trouble though, mind."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

"Well, I'd say it's more that trouble keeps finding me. But I'm trying to keep out of it for a bit, take a break. You know?"
    Almost dying was quite unpleasant.
    "And that's why I'm here looking for clothes and advice, you know?"

6. - Top - End - #846
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra watches Fayyaad for a moment, her eyes following his movements. The blush doesn't fade, but she smiles again.

"Indeed, you might be able to use it for some new moves, too."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #847

[Concourse]

"Looks to me like yer just about sorted on the clothes side of things." Atreyu nods at G'nichi's big ol' pile of clothes. "But I like to think I can help folks with a spot of advice now n' then. What else d'ya need, kid? 'side from more grumpy old man warnings 'bout the dangers of adventuring?"

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi looks down at his bag.
    "Well, mostly. Not sure this is an entire wardrobe. But ah, I'm just getting into the complications of getting bigger. I'm looking for a new house, gotta replace a lot of my things. If I ever do go adventuring again I'd really need some armor so I can stop getting stabbed. Oh, and like I said, I might try to relax and find a date sometime now that I'm a bit more eye-catching." The way he says that, it's unlikely he's ever gotten one before...

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad makes an experimental dance twirl, the rings twinkling and shining as he does so.

"Well, I'm not going to shoot fire in a store, but I can practice in a safer environment. For now we can try to pick a more... risqué outfit. This one being on the safer side."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #850

[Concourse]

"A decent start to a wardrobe at least, I reckon." Goodness, look at G'nichi just casually talking about being hurt again. As much as Atreyu is trying to keep his calm, it really is quite unnerving and more than a little concerning.

"I reckon relaxing would be wise. Though whenever you decide to go adventuring again, I might be able to give ya a hand with a less unpredictable weapon that still has a bit of kick to it, if y'like."

Eye-catching, that's...a word for it, isn't it. Atreyu lets out another sigh. "Kid, when it comes to dating, it ain't looks that matter. Not as much as y'might think, anyways. Sure, they might help ya get attention, but it's personality that keeps someone interested, understand? 'course, if you ain't interested in anything too serious, relying on your looks ain't so bad, if you know where to look for someone likewise interested in nothin' too serious."

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi shakes his head.
    "I think I'd like to avoid that for a while. Those injuries were...very unpleasant. I'd rather not go out there untrained again if I can help it. I only survived because I was lucky and ran into a healer. Ah, twice. My luck can't possibly keep going like that." It would indeed. Something's going to kill him at this rate.
    "Of course I know that the person counts! I just...think that it'll help a little. People never even used to notice me. But now that's not going to happen any- look I just want to enjoy what I've got a little, okay? I know it isn't going to solve all my problems. I just like saying it." he admits.

12. - Top - End - #852

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra nods, but looks distracted for a moment, before frowning slightly.

"I....can think of a couple of ways to go in that direction, but did you have something specific in mind?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #853

[Concourse]

"Reckon y'got the right idea of it there, Kid. If I had as many close scrapes as you, I'd rather not set off adventurin' for a while."

Atreyu scratches his chin, "Easy there, Kid. Y'ain't wrong to wanna enjoy yerself. Don't let anyone's words take away from yer own happiness, arright?" He reaches over to clap a hand on G'nichi's shoulder again. "Y'look good, Kid, arright? I don't want you to go thinking bein' good lookin' is the be all and end all of getting a date, but I ain't trying to discourage you from bein' happy with yerself."

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi seems somewhat placated. All these people getting on his case just because he wants to show off a little!
    "Right. Well. Like I said, it seems like some harmless fun to do now that I'm trying to avoid violence for a while and enjoy myself a bit. Now...I don't know who I'm going to be asking, mind you. I've...never done that before. But! Uh, let me know if you know anyone interested in large reptiles." He chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"I think the trousers I saw earlier might be a good start. Other than that..." Fayyaad ponders that for a moment. "I think I'd forgo a shirt, but wear other kinds of ornaments. Keep things flashy, but tempting."

16. - Top - End - #856

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra gives Fayyaad a mischievous smile.

"Hmmmm....give me a moment." She scampers off into the racks for a few minutes. When she returns, she's bearing the pants Fayyaad had earlier. But she's also got another pair with her, ones that seem to be made of a stretchy material. She's also carrying several different bracelets and armlets, some in gold, some in silver, and at least two made of what seems to be a dark stone of some sort.

"I found another pair of pants you might want to try and see what you think. And some accessories."

17. - Top - End - #857

[Concourse]

"Hah, well, as a newcomer I'm afraid I ain't got many contacts to ask fer ya. An I reckon the sortsa ladies I might find myself talkin' to ain't likely to be the same one's you'd want to be talking to. If'n fer no other reason than they're likely to be a sight older'n I suspect you'd be interested in." He looks around the mall and the veritable onslaught of light and sound and advertising it represents. "Lotta this stuff is new to me. But with everything new in here, I'm sure there's gotta be somethin' to make it easier to find folks likely to be interested in you, right?"

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad eyes the trousers with a smile. Electra is certainly the right person to ask for help with that, isn't she?

"I do like the looks of it. Let me take a look..." He picks some silver bracelets and the two made of stone, then departs to the changing room to put on the trousers Electra picked.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

"Um. Well. Yes. But dating sites have a tendency to get a...bad reputation for people who go there because they can't meet people in person. Or that they're not looking for dates per se." Wow this is awkward. There's a reason he never touched those things. They tend to attract a specific crowd. Maybe he should stick to just meeting people at Temple events.

20. - Top - End - #860

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra waits, holding the other pair of pants and the rest of the jewelry, looking around idly for a moment, assessing whether they might have something here that would fit her. After a moment, her expression shifts to a politely neutral one, though there's a distracted look in her eyes. When Fayyaad emerges next, he might find her standing idly, still with a blank look on her face....

21. - Top - End - #861

[Concourse]

Atreyu raises an eyebrow. "Already a thing then, huh? And already ruined? Well ain't that just typical." He mutters, his voice turning surly for a moment. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have nice things without something ruining them?

"Shame I don't have a way back home. There's a lady in my town who I reckon would love to show you a good time." A pause. An awkward cough as he recognises his phrasing a moment too late, "Ah, and by that I mean she delights in helpin' folks explore 'xactly as much as they're comfortable to, whether that be just givin' you some datin' experience or, ah, other experience, if y'were so inclined."

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad emerges in the tight-fitting trousers, giving a theatrical spin and flourish... but stops when he sees Electra.

"Uh, Electra?"

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

G’nichi kind of stares. What is- Is Atreyu talking about-
    ”Um. Yes, well, it’s unfortunate that we can’t visit your home. We’ll just have to find something else for me to do. Uh, what were you up to anyway? Just having your smoke and heading home?” Yes, flawless change of the subject.

24. - Top - End - #864

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra blinks, and starts slightly when Fayyaad addresses her, seemingly taking a moment to refocus on him.

"I-oh! Uh, sorry." She gives him an uncertain look. "I got a weird call and an even weirder message while you were changing."

She looks him up and down, and she shifts slightly to get a better view of his back. Her eyes linger on his rear for a bit, before she gives a shaky smile.

"I like it, but what do you think? Too restrictive?"

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Anything we need to be concerned about?" Fayyaad asks. Electra does seem to be somewhat distracted by the call. He does give another dance-like twirl as he considers the trousers. "I think I like them. They're not what I usually wear, but an interesting change." He is normally fond of looser clothes. "And form-fitting, too."

26. - Top - End - #866

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Yeah, I figured they might go the other direction for risque. Sometimes barely covered is better than not covered at all, y'know?" Electra says, her smile becoming a bit less shaky. She shakes her head after a moment. "I don't think it's urgent, just....weird. Something I'll need to look into and maybe talk to Dipsnig about later. I might have to hire a few people for a job, depending on what I figure out."

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"If you say so. Maybe I'll even be one of those people." If Electra says it's nothing urgent, Fayyaad will let it rest. "They're certainly something I'd wear for special occasions. I feel like I should add something, though. Besides the jewellery. Not to cover up, but add some flair."

28. - Top - End - #868

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra considers for a moment.

"Maybe some sleeves? Not like a shirt, just some tight sleeves with some kind of bright pattern to them?" She suggests, obviously trying to picture it in her head. After a moment she shakes her head. "I dunno. I'm having trouble not picturing that in a dark color base color, but, I feel like that might make whole outfit too dark, even with a bright pattern on the sleeves. What do you think?"

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Sleeves without a shirt is a bold look," Fayyaad agrees. "I think they'd look best in a neutral color, like blue. It'll go well with both bright and dark colors."

30. - Top - End - #870

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra considers for a moment.

"Let me see if I can find something like that here," she says, looking over the racks for a minute, and her eyes fixating on something. "Be right back."

She doesn't wander far, and manages to come back with a set of sleeves in a plain dark blue. But there's two other sets draped over her arm as well. One set is a very dark blue, almost black, that fades as it moves down from the shoulder to the wrist, where it seems to be a very light blue-ish white. The pattern and color evokes an image of clouds, and the pattern even seems to roil a bit while looking at it. The other set also seems to be on a black background, but has a pattern of lightning bolts on it that seem to flash and spark at random while Fayyaad looks at it. Both of the patterned sleeves must have a small amount of magic in them to be able to change their appearance while being viewed like this.

"I thought these were kind of neat. I'm not sure what other patterns they might have, but maybe we can ask if you like them?"