New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #691
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Mall Date]

Zara doesn't try to get Abi to buy clothes of colours she prefers, instead suggesting what she thinks Abi would like based on her preference for bright colours and slogans. She turns down Abi's offer of encouragement to buy bright coloured tops, stating that she very much prefers darker coloured clothing. Besides, she mentions, she isn't suggesting dark colours to Abi now, is she? She's sticking to what her girlfriend likes, and will appreciate if that was reciprocated.

The only bright clothing she'd show an interest in are the long skirts. She prefers her tops to be dark and her skirts to be lighter in comparison... but not too light.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi likes bright colours, because they make her happy and she thinks they'd make Zara happy, too. But she'll relent after a while. She made the suggestion purely because she's not gone clothes shopping with another girl before, except occasionally her mother. And her mother always made suggestions, though Abi didn't have to listen. And usually didn't.

Abi was keeping a rough idea of how much her choices were coming to, so she has a decent idea of how much it'll come to, when they go pay.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #693
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

To be fair, her skirts are lighter in comparison to her tops, so it's not like she's opposed to all light colours. She'll make a couple choices as well, an equal number of the ones Abi made. Which is perhaps one.

She finds a compromise, something she can be happy with while bright-ish enough for Abi: a navy blue top with small white polka dots that goes with the pink skirt. Hey, it's dark, which she likes; and the polka dots make it look light-ish. Win-win!
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Arcane Threads

"Not anymore, thankfully. A friend made a magical seal to keep it in check," Jade reassures Nadia. "You aren't going to turn into a man by hanging around me." She looks at the dresses again. "Should we get back to it? Would this look good on me?" Jade holds up a high-waisted empire dress with spaghetti straps in Easter colors.
    [Arcane Threads]

"Uh, yeah sure. You never really know if you don't give it a go." Nadia says. She pulls her mind away from that whole situation for the moment. At least she apparently doesn't have to worry.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Okay, I'll be back." Jade moves at a more leisurely pace back to the changing room. Since she's spent a few minutes discussing her situation with Nadia, she's grown more accustomed to the feel of wearing a dress, and of showing skin. Still, she's relieved when she reaches the changing room and removes the revealing garment. She puts on the new dress and finds herself examining the long skirt more closely. That's a bit complicated. Hopefully she doesn't trip over it. Looking back in the mirror, she takes a few steps, feeling the way the skirt restricts her movements and noting how the style emphasizes her chest. She's not super fond of it, but it isn't terrible. She goes out to Nadia, and speaks awkwardly. "I'm, um, sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi likes the spots a lot, as it happens, but wouldn't push after Zara made it clear she didn't want to wear bright colours, probably saying it'd make them contrast more. And to demonstrate, she'll pull Zara in close next to her and look at the reflection of them in a free-standing mirror.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

"As it happens, I like that we contrast." Zara responds, because it's not like they want to walk around wearing similar type of clothing like twins or something. "Difference is good, we complement each other better that way!" She looks in the mirror beside Abi and takes the opportunity to peck her on the cheek - she loves seeing those eyes go pink! Then she stretches her other arm and drapes the black polka dot top, and the long pink skirt side-by-side, comparing them. "I think it goes well together."
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

All the time she's with Zara, pink isn't far from Abi's eyes. They flash pink as she's pecked, and stay quite pink after. "They really do. And they go with what I wear, too." She smiles, and hugs Zara, holding her tight briefly.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

Zara'll hug back just as tightly, then return her hand to normal length, the clothes draped on her arm. If Abi's also done, she'll lead her to the cashier so they can pay.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi's done, so off they go to the checkout. When it's time to go, Abi grins and gives Zara another hug before they part ways.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Okay, I'll be back." Jade moves at a more leisurely pace back to the changing room. Since she's spent a few minutes discussing her situation with Nadia, she's grown more accustomed to the feel of wearing a dress, and of showing skin. Still, she's relieved when she reaches the changing room and removes the revealing garment. She puts on the new dress and finds herself examining the long skirt more closely. That's a bit complicated. Hopefully she doesn't trip over it. Looking back in the mirror, she takes a few steps, feeling the way the skirt restricts her movements and noting how the style emphasizes her chest. She's not super fond of it, but it isn't terrible. She goes out to Nadia, and speaks awkwardly. "I'm, um, sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it."
    [Arcane Threads]

"It's fine. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything to worry about." Nadia gives Jade a ponderous look, and she doesn't seem all that focused on the dress right now. "I'm kinda of wondering why you don't do anything to take the person that did this to you to task. Even if you're adjusting, you shouldn't have been put in this situation."

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"I don't know who started it. It was a crowded room, and the curse spread like wildfire. I wasn't even the intended target," Jade explains. "There's really nothing I could do. Sure, I was mad. But I had no one to be mad at. I guess I took it out on myself." She shrugs. "I'm trying to stop that."

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"I don't know who started it. It was a crowded room, and the curse spread like wildfire. I wasn't even the intended target," Jade explains. "There's really nothing I could do. Sure, I was mad. But I had no one to be mad at. I guess I took it out on myself." She shrugs. "I'm trying to stop that."
    [Arcane Threads]

Nadia frowns. "Well alright. I'll leave it alone then." She shrugs and shifts the topic back to the task at hand. "So how're you feeling about this dress?"

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade looks down at herself. She had been thinking more about apologizing for bringing her condition up than what she's actually wearing. She takes a step underneath her long skirt. "It's all right. I'm not a fan of the color, and I keep feeling like I'm going to trip over this skirt."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

Nadia laughs. "I know what you mean. I don't normally where skirts. Every so often I will for some occasion where I need to be a bit more fancy and it always takes a bit to get used to it again. Maybe stick to something more around knee length if you feel like it's getting under your feet." It is summer after all. No need to cover up entirely.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade laughs too. "I think you're right. I can't move around in this." The first dress was knee length, and that was much more comfortable. She starts looking for a different dress to try.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Why don't you try this one?" Nadia presents a bold, sleeveless, neon green dress that goes down mid-calf and flares out. "I'll be honest, this really isn't my style. But I don't want to put that on you. Maybe it's just your thing."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade takes the dress. "I'll try it." She hikes up her skirt and returns to the changing room. She's glad to get out of the restrictive long skirt. Once the new dress is on, she takes a good look at herself. Hey, she's actually kinda pretty in this. It's still got a long skirt, but it's not flowing all over the place. She doesn't think she'll trip. She admires her reflection a little. It's tight fitting, shows off her form well, her arms have plenty of free movement, even if her legs don't, and the color goes well with her hair. She emerges from the changing room and heads back to Nadia. "I think I like this one." Jade's demeanor has changed a little. She seems slightly more confident and comfortable in her femininity. She's trying on dresses and actually starting to enjoy the process.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Grizzly Wear

A large store for a large crowd. A favorite for folks with large builds over normal human sizes. Particularly if they also need some exercise equipment or some protein while they're there.
    Today one of our heroes is not here for those things (at least he doesn't think that he is) but he does have need for clothes for his build. Namely, his build that's somewhere around 'orkish bodybuilder' with the benefit of draconic size. He looks to be some sort of dragonperson at least, with the tail and metallic scales of bronze and a few swirls of silver. And horns, which are why he's looking at a rack of large shirts with buttons, looking rather unsure of himself. He's dressed in a pair of strangely warm-looking pants and a shirt with odd holes in the back that doesn't seem to fit right. He looks, put simply, rather lost.
    (closed scene)
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #710
    Halfling in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

Thankfully there's someone around to help! It's hard not to notice Adir perusing his way down the aisle, picking at things and hanging a few sets of clothes over his cart. He looks like a pleasant enough fellow. He's definitely big enough to be in here, perhaps a little too much so. His face is smooth, heavy on the angles and wide at the mouth, with a thick pair of snowy brows drawn above his eyes. Most of the tousled hair on his head is a rather wintery white.

Looking closer at him, he'd be whip-thin if not for the muscle he's cultivated. His white tank top and tight, black denims accentuate his well maintained exterior. A tattoo of a blue hued tree climbs his left arm, and a few names can be seen nestled amongst the boughs on his shoulder. Humming to himself, he stops next to the more indecisive customer.

"You want a tip?" Adir says gently, tugging at the collar of his shirt. "Get some of these too. You can throw them right on, they fit around the horns if you're careful... and they're cheap!" He grins.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Grizzly Wear

The dragon fellow smiles nervously at the man.
    ”Oh, uh, thanks. I’ll...do that. I’m uh...new to this and all that. So um. Yeah. At least I know my sizes. I’ve never really...been good with style myself.” he stammers, a nervous energy that belies his huge appearance.

22. - Top - End - #712

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Grizzly Wear

The dragon fellow smiles nervously at the man.
    ”Oh, uh, thanks. I’ll...do that. I’m uh...new to this and all that. So um. Yeah. At least I know my sizes. I’ve never really...been good with style myself.” he stammers, a nervous energy that belies his huge appearance.
    [Grizzly Wear]

"New to this? Hell, that'll do it." Adir grins and looks away, easygoing as ever, lifting a shirt from the rack to examine. "I remember when my antlers came in... that sucked. And then learning how to wear real clothes, instead of just the things my family taught me how to make? That sucked worse. You have any idea how many shirts I've ruined over the years, just refusing to accept that I can't wear normal pullovers?" He makes a tutting sound. "Gods, I hate to even think about all that money I could have spent on pillows instead.The pillows! Don't get me started."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

G'nichi nods. He's not entirely sure what the man is talking about, but it does make sense. Those antlers are quite large. He reaches up to touch his horns.
    "Oh. I suppose I might be there, too. I even had wings at first, from this...large dragony blessing. But they got caught on everything, didn't actually help me fly, and made it impossible to wear most clothes. A very nice magic lady got rid of them for me but I'm still ah...not used to looking like this. I like it but..." he looks pensive.
    "She told me that real big people don't go around flexing and showing off. Said I looked like a dork. It's rather disappointing really." He isn't sure why he's telling the other man this, but it just seemed so wrong! He bled a lot to get that potion! He's not allowed to enjoy himself a little?

24. - Top - End - #714

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Grizzly Wear]

G'nichi nods. He's not entirely sure what the man is talking about, but it does make sense. Those antlers are quite large. He reaches up to touch his horns.
    "Oh. I suppose I might be there, too. I even had wings at first, from this...large dragony blessing. But they got caught on everything, didn't actually help me fly, and made it impossible to wear most clothes. A very nice magic lady got rid of them for me but I'm still ah...not used to looking like this. I like it but..." he looks pensive.
    "She told me that real big people don't go around flexing and showing off. Said I looked like a dork. It's rather disappointing really." He isn't sure why he's telling the other man this, but it just seemed so wrong! He bled a lot to get that potion! He's not allowed to enjoy himself a little?
    [Grizzly Wear]

"What!" Adir spreads his hands in front of G'nichi. "My man. This lady might have done you a solid, but she gave you some terrible advice. These do literally nothing for you except look good!" He slaps his bicep. "You think this amount of tonage actually has anything to do with how strong I am or how much I can lift? Hell no! These are lady-wooing weapons of mass seduction and that's it. You got me? It would be a waste - nay, a crime! - to hide your manly assets. Where I come from, you show em' off. You show em' off until something nasty gnaws em' off ya."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

G’nichi brightens considerably.
    ”Oh, good. I was hoping someone with more ah, experience might be able to tell me otherwise. Of course, I’m probably not doing myself favors. I can’t say I’ve quite figured out how to look impressive despite well, I think I look impressive.” He should, he more or less designed that body. He takes several tank tops off the rack like Adir suggested. He does tend to move like someone significantly less physically capable.
    ”I have to go shopping for a whole wardrobe. I might be doing this a while. I might even have to move.” Busy, busy, busy.
    ”Jeans are popular, right?” He’s far too used to dressing formally. He just wants to look tough. Or at least cool. He has some experience from when he saw those dog-bodybuilder’s memories but they were also dorks and they almost killed him so he’d rather not look like them. Besides the build that is.

26. - Top - End - #716

[Grizzly Wear]

"Don't try too hard, bro. It will come," Adir advises, completely having lost track of picking out his own clothes. "Doing what, though? Does this come with duties? Like, what, a job?" He's interested, now.

"And jeans are always in style, man," Adir says, though he is completely clueless about what's in style and what isn't. That's a sensible statement though, right? Totally.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

G'nichi smiles and starts getting himself some jeans off the rack.
    "Oh, so many things happened at once, you see. I got this magic bracelet bonded to me which is full of magic weapons and they want me to do hero things. And I wanted to be capable for it! So well, it's a long and painful story but I look like this now. I used to be ah," he gestures with a hand to a height much, much closer to the ground than he is now.
    "So nothing I have fits. Everything's too small for my hands. My house is too small for me. And I still need weapon training or I'll just be a strong lizard instead of a hero! It's um, all rather daunting really. Which is why I'm starting with clothes. And shopping. And uh, maybe trying to learn how to look um. Cool. Or tough. Or heroic? It seemed like a fun idea when you get shot just trying to look like this." he admits.

28. - Top - End - #718

[Grizzly Wear]

"Brother! Practically the same thing happened to me! Well. Sort of. I took a job and being like I am came with it. There's ups and downs. But the clothes,"
    Adir shakes his head and tuts. "The clothes are the worst. And getting used to fitting in basically nothing. Doors, cars, anything. It's not a world built for guys like us, guy."

"I dunno much about heroic, guy, but tough is easy. Kinda. It's all about how ya carry yourself. And weapon training? Hell, you ought to go to VIGIL. They'd probably whip you into shape."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

"Well, ah, if you have any other suggestions for clothes I'd be happy to hear it. And where you found a place that's big enough for you." He'll probably be disappointed to know Adir's house is custom-made.
    "I do wish it was easier to learn how to carry myself. And I'm...hesitant to join an organization just to use their tutors. It seems a big disingenuous, doesn't it? And I can't really be an asset to them for a while. I don't get to control which Arms come from the bracelet, really." he admits.

30. - Top - End - #720

[Grizzly Wear]

"I got pretty lucky with my place. The lady I work for helped me build it, and I don't risk wrecking the place with my antlers. And hey, you could always work it off. I don't think it's disingenuous to expect training before you do a job," Adir posits. "If that's what you wanna do. Hell, I could introduce you!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-07-30 at 05:19 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters