New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Going shopping]

It is time for soem shopping. Mia had spend most of her time in DMside, but as soon as she went back to Vigil she noticed that her room is empty, no clothes, no tools just the very basic furniture. She lost all in the old base so now is as good as everytime to change that. Following her is a self driving shopping cart.

You may wonder why she went here, right? Well In DMside she is kind of the leader and what do people do when they see her? They ask questions and so on, since that's what celebreties are for in public.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

[Hanging Out - NXS]

Wenomir's expression doesn't soften, even a little bit. But he does look less sure.

"I suppose I shouldn't endanger Natharia just because I don't trust her 'father's' motives at all," he admits. "But I am not going to be happy if this ritual has any effects beyond protecting her."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #453

[Hanging Out - NXS]

Shanti's eyes narrow. "And you think I would be? What kind of mother do you take me for, Wenomir? If anything happens to Natharia, I will kill the snake god myself. I don't know how, but I would find a way. But I have no reason to belive he would as he literary created her through me. There is no reason to change her, in his eyes, she's already perfect."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

[Hanging Out - NXS]

Wenomir responds with a curt nod.

"Very well. I can accept this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hanging Out - NXS]

Natharia comes out of the change room wearing thick leggings with a skirt over them, a sweatshirt, and a jacket over that. She's holding the toque in her hands.

"What were you talking about?" she asks. She gives them each a suspicious look.

6. - Top - End - #456

[Hanging Out - NXS]

"Just the ritual, sweetie. It's going to protect you from those monsters that attacked earlier." Shanti explains with a reassuring smile. "But that looks wonderful on you. Don't you think?" She gestures at a nearby mirror. "You have a much better sense of fashion than I have it seems." Would that mean she inherited the snake gods sense of fashion?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

[Hanging Out - NXS]

"Definitely better than mine," Wenomir says, letting Shanti handle talking about the ritual. "I think growing up in homespun clothing that was too small for me made me hopeless with it for the rest of my life."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hanging Out - NXS]

"Uh huh." Natharia looks back and forth between the two adults. "When are we doing that?" She asks, not to be distracted with talk of clothes!

9. - Top - End - #459

[Hanging Out - NXS]

"As soon as we're done here, sweetie. If you didn't need better clothes to handle the cold up there, we would have gone there first." Shanti claims.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-10-24 at 06:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

Prumathe is here! He's a human, about nineteen, with dark skin and thick curly hair, dark green eyes and a physique which isn't quite athletic, more the body of one who does a lot of hard work for a living. He's wearing dark blue jeans and a green chequered shirt, with smart black shoes. He wasn't sure how smart he was supposed to dress, so went for a middle ground, or so he hopes. He's looking around for Sekhmet, before checking his watch to make sure he's on time, and... he's a few minutes early. Should he get a drink? Is that allowed, or would that not be socially acceptable?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

[Hanging Out - NXS]

Wenomir says nothing, but looks at Shanti in thought. He's tempted to insist to oversee the ritual, but that likely wouldn't go over well and it's not like he has time to trek into the mountain.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

Prumathe has plenty of time to decide, because Sekhmet doesn't show up until several minutes late. She spent a little too long making sure her illusion was perfect. The devil is in disguise as her former Tiefling self again, wearing a blue backless top and a long grey skirt. Her black hair is, as always, pulled back into a neat ponytail. When she arrives, she looks around for Prumathe. She hopes he hasn't left already.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

Prumathe eventually decided to buy a drink; he's got a coffee. He smiles when he sees her, and waves. "Hi, Sekhmet! Wow, you're gorgeous today." Well, that's maybe not a helpful thing to say. He does look very pleased to see her, though, slightly surprised at the choice of top; it's getting a bit chilly, in the air.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

It was the wrong thing to say. It reminds Sekhmet too much of what's at stake here. Her response is considerably more reserved. "Uh, hi Prumathe. I, uh, need to talk, uh, to you." He might notice that she stands and moves differently; her illusion doesn't cover the changes to her posture resulting from her wings. She'll sit down across from him with a nervous expression on her face.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

Well, that's worrying, and Prumathe's no longer smiling. This is... not what he was expecting, really. "Uh, sure! Um, d'you want a coffee, or... Talk first?" The nervousness is catching, and Prumathe is starting to worry she's breaking up with him, but he can't think why. He notices the difference in posture, but doesn't figure out the significance.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Hanging Out - NXS]

"As soon as we're done here, sweetie. If you didn't need better clothes to handle the cold up there, we would have gone there first." Shanti claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hanging Out - NXS]

Wenomir says nothing, but looks at Shanti in thought. He's tempted to insist to oversee the ritual, but that likely wouldn't go over well and it's not like he has time to trek into the mountain.
    [Hanging Out - NXS]

"Okay, good." Natharia decides. No more whispering about it when she's not listening then! "Are we doing anything else here?"

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Mallside 10

Food Court

"N-no thanks.' Sekhmet stutters. She has no clue how to even explain what happened. She stammers out several more uhs and ums before she manages a mostly coherent response. "I, uh, I've changed, Prumathe. I didn't mean to, it just, uh, happened." Her nervousness keeps growing. She's afraid of what Prumathe will say next.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-10-27 at 05:14 PM.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

"O-oh. Changed, uh, how?" Prumathe really doesn't know what's going on, but he thinks this is a break-up chat. He looks nervous and he really doesn't know what to say.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

"It's, uh, complicated." Sekhmet says. "Uh, please don't be frightened." She gradually dispels the illusion. Her wings appear first, followed by the changes to her tail, which is more than double its former length and ends in a sharp point. Her clawed hands are revealed next, then her extra pairs of smaller horns. The last detail to change is her eyes, which are now entirely black with neither sclera nor iris. With that done, Sekhmet is utterly terrified of what Prumathe will say next, watching him with wide eyes, waiting for his fateful words.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

Prumathe is not frightened, as Sekhmet reveals her new changes. If anything, he seems... Slightly relieved? That's odd.

"Well. Um. Well." Yes, Prumathe. You can talk. "Quite, uh, drastic. Not... not what I was expecting. Um. You're still very pretty, Sekhmet. That's not changed." The eyes are a bit creepy, but he's used to creepy eyes. He spends his day around a lot of statues. "So, I'm not frightened. You look... Spikier than before, but you're still you, Sekhmet. I can see that." He smiles, a little nervously, hoping he's said the right thing and now aware that he said very much not the right thing earlier... Except possibly as a compliment to Sekhmet's illusionary skills.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

This wasn't what Sekhmet was expecting. "You really think so?" A surprised smile crosses her face. It doesn't occur to her why Prumathe was worried. She's just happy to not be rejected. "That, uh, means a lot to me."

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #472

[Hanging Out - NXS]

Shanti shakes her head. "Shouldn't be, and if I have forgotten anything we could just come back later." She smiles at her daughter and then turns towards the exit. "So let's go." She glances at the warrior as she is on her way out. "You're welcome to come too, Wenomir, if you don't trust my or the gods intentions."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

"Yes, I mean it. Why wouldn't I?" Prumathe's a little surprised at the response, not realising it was going to be so important to her. "I, uh, thought you were going to break up with me. I'm... glad that's not the case." He smiles a little, but it's still a nervous smile. "But, um. I'm glad that's not the case."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

"I was afraid you would break up with me, uh, because of this." Sekhmet responds sheepishly. "Wait, uh, what do you mean, spikier?" It is an odd description, when she thinks about it. Overall, she's just happy that Prumathe is alright with her changes.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

"Well, um. You're pointier, with more horns and your tail looks sharper. And the claws." And the scales, if he can see those. "You look... Still very pretty. That's not changed. But... I'd feel a bit stupid offering to walk you home to keep you safe from muggers, since you look more dangerous than I do." He might appreciate the offer made in reverse, though. Usually he relies on the fact he's a young man who does a lot of heavy lifting to keep muggers away, since he's not the ideal target for muggers... But there's few 'ideal targets for muggers' in Inside, so he does fake his confidence sometimes. And carries a hammer.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

Sekhmet seems surprised by the statement that she looks dangerous. She supposes it's true, but she doesn't think so of herself, not that she's seen herself in some time, since she smashed the mirrors in her cabin in a fit of rage. "I, uh, if you say so." Truth be told, she's never been worried about muggers. It's demon hunters she fears.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

So... Sekhmet sees herself as a devil and damned and doomed, but not as dangerous? How odd. "Well, I, uh, guess I am saying so." He smiles, a little less nervous now everything's been sorted. "Oh! Since we're here, do you wanna get lunch with me?" Turn the meeting into a date, since it went well.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

It's hard for Sekhmet to see herself as dangerous. She's a pacifist. "Oh, uh, sure!" She'd be happy to, now that the awkward bit is out of the way."Do you, uh, have a preference?" She hasn't eaten here before, so she doesn't know what to try.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

"Uh, well... That's a fancy restaurant, but the food's particularly unusual, from what I've seen. I couldn't afford the cheapest meal, so I only look. There's a burger bar, um... Pizzas, pasta, uh, oh! A sandwich place, and a chippy. So, what do you fancy?" They're all basically the same price, with the exception of Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine.

There's also a taco bar, but that's staffed by zombies and they freak Prumathe out a little.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Food Court

As little money as Prumathe has, Sekhmet probably has less. She recently had to replace much of her wardrobe in order to compensate for the changes to her physiology. "Uh, I guess pizza sounds good." There are so many strange and delicious foods in the Nexus. Sekhmet doesn't actually know what pizza is, she just hasn't had it yet. "What's a pizza?"

My Nexus characters