New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Clothes Shopping]

"Why wouldn't partying be good for a baby?" she wonders.
    Regardless, the bunnygirl says, "Rain check on the party. I've got to take these back," she gestures at the bags, "and I need to prepare for a date." So, if the vampire suggested something that wouldn't take much time, or suggested something that Carlie ought to do anyway, then she'd have no excuse to turn it down.

Carlie doesn't appreciate being insulted on her ability to pick names.
    They're great names.
    Her eyes narrow. "Yes, I'm sure," she says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cake Date]

Zara smiles, if her eyes could go pink, they would. "That makes me feel special, because we met while you were working, and that didn't stop us from ending up on this date. I wonder, though, what he'd say if - and hopefully, when - things get serious between us." Though from what she knows of him, there's every possibility he'd ban her from coming while Abi's working, because of distractions.

Unless she were to befriend the man with her charming enthusiasm... that's worth trying.

Zara is laughing by the time Abi's done speaking, though not at her. "So was I, until I came here, though I've always been outdoorsy. Lucky for you, so we complement each other!" She eats some cake and sips some chocolate, making sure to keep the heart-shaped marshmallow in one piece and leave it for last. "So if we do end up stranded somewhere, I'll take charge." She flexes her bicep as if to say 'I will protect you'.

"So, have you told your mum about me? I'd like to meet her, and your step-dad, sometime. They can warm up to me if they have any reservations." She perks up with an idea. "I could buy them something, even! Or draw a family portrait!"

[Clothes Shopping]

"Well, that depends... depends on whether or not that partying involves alcohol or drugs. Bad for baby, both of those things. If it's just dancing and having a good time, then why not? As a hedonist, I excel in providing people the means to have a good time, whatever gets them their kicks. What's yours?" Annaliese asks, then smirks and whispers. "Just don't tell Annaliese."

She sees Carlie's eyes narrow, and stares for a moment. "You're offended." Another pause. "Sorry about that, friend. Don't get me wrong, those are good names, and all that matters are that you chose them." She finishes, resisting the urge to shrug. "Let me make it up to you with some ice cream. I'll just say I'm a type of vampire elf. Won't take long, what do you say?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

Cake Date

"He won't ban you, you're a customer. He might want to serve you himself, though. Or if it's one of the busier periods makes sure another person is serving you instead of me. I'd recommend you not come in when we're that busy, though. I won't be able to stop and chat at all." And if she did, she'd be fired- and her colleagues would have no issue with it. When they're busy, they're busy.

Abi smiles and eyes Zara's bicep when she shows off, and she's blushing slightly. Her eyes are pretty pink, too. "I told Mum I had a date, and I said I met you at work. She thinks you're a coworker, at the moment. At least, I think she does. She doesn't like me talking to strangers. I haven't told her you're a girl yet, either. She's probably guessed, though. She stopped asking me about boys in my class six months ago, and started asking about the girls instead." And her step-dad has probably been told by her Mum, not Abi herself. "I'll take you to meet them, though. Not next time- this place was my suggestion. You suggest the next date, and I'll take you to meet my family the time after. So it can be my whole family, the twins included. Also, that way Mum can pay." Minus her dad, though.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #604

[Sitting on a Bench]

"If you're drinking, then it's not really partying," she counters. "You're just being drunk.

But what does she like?
    Basically, just adrenaline rushes. She likes those. In fact, she even tells her that.

"As long as you're treating," she says, "sure." Ice cream is actually a really good thing. She stands up, and starts to collect her bags so they can go to the ice cream place.
    "Fun fact: I didn't come up with most of my names," she says. She did choose them, however. "They were from....from people who meant a lot to me."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cake Date]

Zara's eyes widen, she doesn't want that. "In that case, if I do come in I'll let your boss serve me, it's a reason to get to know him. He won't mind a regular customer, especially if he knows I'm coming because of you, right? I could even help with deliveries if he wanted, I'm a hard worker!"

When she sees Abi eyeing the muscles on her skinny frame, she blushes and flexes some more. "Strangers, schmangers! How will anyone meet new people if they don't talk to strangers? Although in her case, she probably means 'strangers older than you'." Abi wants a second and third date! That means it's going well, and Zara grins. "I know where we can go next time, there's an Amusement Beach in Seaside, it's close to Inside. Homemade meal as a third date, I like it! I'll finally get to meet those little devils, too, I hope I can get them to like me. I can prank with the best of them."

"We can go... next Wednesday?" She suggests, almost finishing her cake. "Y'know, I told Mrs Langley about you, she'd probably pamper you once she meets you."

[Sitting on a Bench] ((or we could go with 'Girls Incognito'))

"Partying means different things to different people. To some, it means getting drunk or high." And then she says what she likes, causing Annaliese to respond. "That too, adrenaline rushes. Which I totally get, if Svetlana came looking for you and I, all she'd see is a pregnant bunnygirl and the teen vampire Sheriff helping her out. It's a thrill being surrounded by people unaware of your true nature, isn't it?" After a short pause, she continues talking. "That's why it's good to be friends with another shapeshifter, and one who's been a prior member of AMEN... although, in my case it's purely for business purposes. There's quite a couple moustache-twirlers there." She says, with some distaste. People like that usually lack vision beyond 'I am ebil!'.

"Of course, it's my treat. I offered, didn't I?" She stands up as well. At the topic of names, Annaliese looks thoughtful. That explains her offense. "I see, I didn't know. So in a sense, you're carrying them with you. Does... does your boyfriend know, and how much?" She asks with some concern.
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

A woman stands in roughly the center of the store's section for woman's clothes, looking utterly bewildered. Although she's curvy and beautiful, with shoulder-length brown hair, her clothes are in stark contrast to the elaborate garments she's looking at. She's clad in a simple t-shirt and jeans. By the expression on her face, she's paralyzed with indecision. Jade Fisher, formerly Jason Fisher, who's been cursed and transformed into a woman for only a week, got the idea to try out some different female clothes. Now that she's actually here, however, there are too many options, and she doesn't know what to do.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #607

[Girls Incognito]

That sort of thing doesn't really give Carlie an adrenaline rush. But, in spite of that, she agrees and says, "Yeah."

She goes towards the ice cream stand.

"I'm being open with him," she says. "Telling him things as they come up." But she didn't, at first.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girls Incognito]

"Of course, since that isn't an option now, there's always park rides, any sort that isn't dangerous for the baby. Besides, being a shapeshifter for more than a decade means one gets used to that and needs to find an adrenaline rush elsewhere." Like providing less-than-legal means of sating one's hedonistic desires, the less-than-legal part providing a rush in itself, even though it's just business. Happiness-spreading business, but still.

Annaliese walks with her friend, looking a bit concerned at the revelation. "If you trust him that much, I wish you two the best of luck. I can't help but be concerned, however. Could you do me a favour and not mention me to him? Not a threat, unlike our first meeting. In this case, I'm asking as a friend." She exhales and continues. "I wouldn't mind meeting him, though, but in disguise."
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Arcane Threads

A woman stands in roughly the center of the store's section for woman's clothes, looking utterly bewildered. Although she's curvy and beautiful, with shoulder-length brown hair, her clothes are in stark contrast to the elaborate garments she's looking at. She's clad in a simple t-shirt and jeans. By the expression on her face, she's paralyzed with indecision. Jade Fisher, formerly Jason Fisher, who's been cursed and transformed into a woman for only a week, got the idea to try out some different female clothes. Now that she's actually here, however, there are too many options, and she doesn't know what to do.
    [Arcane Threads]

Nadia flips through a clothes rack. If she could just find a second blouse like the one she already picked out she'd be done here. Sizes, as usual, leave something to be desired, though. Her eyes flit up when someone walks into the store, but she goes back to her hunt without thinking much of it. It takes her a moment to realize that this woman is still just standing there for anything out of the ordinary to register. She looks her up and down. That's a familiar sight. "Having trouble?" She asks with a small smile.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Orc in the Playground

Cake Date

"He won't get to know you. He's a grumpy git. He won't stop to chat, or give great customer service. It's why he employs me. He does make the best ice cream, though." Even if Abi's been around it too much to properly appreciate it any more.

"I was kinda hoping date three would be a restaurant with Mum and Gary paying, actually. Bit more neutral than just bringing my girlfriend home for a meal Gary cooked." Might taste nicer, too. "Don't prank them. They don't take it well. They'd laugh at you, not with you." Bit more mean-spirited than Zara was thinking, most likely.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade is startled out of her confusion by the sudden question. She looks around, and is glad to see a friendly, if unfamiliar, face. "Yeah..." She pauses, trying to decide how to phrase the next sentence, "I'm trying to decide what to try on. There's just so many options."

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #612

[Girls Incognito]

Park rides don't really do it for her, either. Sure, there's some but any ride that would get close to enough also has "do not ride if pregnant" signs.

Carlie thinks it's kind-of funny that Annaliese is concerned. "Sure, I won't tell him. Don't know why you're so worried, though. Definitely didn't think you'd be that type of person, to get worried over something like this."

They arrive at the ice cream place.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-05-20 at 05:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade is startled out of her confusion by the sudden question. She looks around, and is glad to see a friendly, if unfamiliar, face. "Yeah..." She pauses, trying to decide how to phrase the next sentence, "I'm trying to decide what to try on. There's just so many options."
    [Arcane Threads]

"Well, it's not a bad idea to start with what you normally like to wear." Nadia suggests. "I'm Nadia, by the way." She introduces herself.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"I'm Jade," Jade replies. "This is what I normally wear," she continues, gesturing towards her t-shirt and jeans, "I thought I'd try something different. Maybe a few things. Just for a change."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #615
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cake Date]

"Aww, that's too bad. I'd probably still try and warm him up with my Zara charm, but that's sounding unlikely." It being Zara, she's not down for very long, though!

"Oo, a faaaancy restaurant? And they'll pay for it, leaving us all the time to enjoy ourselves properly? That'd be nice, I don't get to eat fancy very often! Maybe then we can get something for the twins, a peace offering." She pouts when Abi misunderstands her, though. "Well, if they don't want to be pranked, they better not prank me first. I won't instigate it, that's for sure." Then the smile returns and she sips her hot chocolate.

Then she zeroes in on something Abi said earlier. "Y-your girlfriend?" She can't stop the big smile creeping on her face. "So, we're official?" And then she stretches her neck to peck Abi's cheek once more.

"Well then, girlfriend, our next date is the amusement beach." She says happily, making a mental note to text Aradhya Lloyd and get tickets prepared for them in advance.

[Girls Incognito]

Well, Annaliese is making suggestions that could be safe-ish for a pregnant lady! She wouldn't suggest adventure or investigation.

Her concerned look gives way to relief, and then to a big fanged smile. "Well, considering my line of work, the fact that I'm with AMEN and your boyfriend is most likely HALO, I have cause to be a little worried. Annaliese's scowly face is most likely making me seem more worried than I actually am, but there are always contingencies anyway so..." She shrugs and moves on from the topic, no longer worried.

"Can you even be male? I'm used to being either gender, but being female took getting used to, because..." She gestures at chest and groin. "I prefer being male most times though, and the opposite is probably true for you, seeing as I've never seen-" And then they arrive. "Okay, back in character." She says in a low voice.

She approaches the ice cream server and clears her throat. "Citizen! Ice-cream for me and zis beautiful pregnant lady!" She pulls out a wallet, ready to pay for it.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-05-21 at 02:26 AM.
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #616

[Girlcognito]

Carlie doesn't feel like she has to make a drastic shift between 'in character' and 'out of character' because ultimately, she's still the same person so there's no point in doing that.

So, during the times she can speak without interrupting either the ice-cream server or Annaliese, Carlie manages to continue the conversation. "I just think guys are weird, okay?" she says, to answer the question in a plausible way. "Sure, certain guys are okay but in general I think they're weird."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

"Guys are veird, eh?" Annaliese says in a strange tone, but remains silent while they're served ice-cream. After paying, Annaliese suggests they go outside and find a solitary bench to enjoy their treat.

"So, you think guys are weird. So if I turned into a male version of Carlie, that'd weird you out?" She says, smiling mischievously. "There's an idea... why, though? Why do you think guys are weird? I don't think girls are weird... too weird."

She'd probably want to ask her why she drastically shifts characters, and she'd be willing to answer, too.
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #618

[Girlcognito]

She sits on the bench outside, as well.

"No, I've long gotten used to seeing guys," she says. "A bunch of the population is guys."

She takes a bite of ice cream. "It's just...being a guy is weird. Just like having light-colored hair is weird. Having that bone structure? Having a flat chest? Everything else that a guy has? It's all weird."

That's all she can explain about it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

"Believe it or not, I understand. Even though I'm currently everything that I am not: pale-skinned, long blonde-haired, and a girl. Since I was a kid, I've had a passion for acting, even before I manifested this power. 's why Annaliese is different in personality." Annaliese bites into her chocolate ice cream. "It definitely takes some getting used to, having breasts and a feminine body, but I've gotten used to it." She smirks. "Of course, I was also a teenage boy once, so you just know I occasionally transformed to play pranks... or explore." She fully expects an eye roll at this point. "Hey, at least it's my body. Good thing my girlfriend is bi. Better still that she prefers guys, though."

"Have you ever tried being a guy, though?" She asks, taking another bite of ice cream.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #620

[Girlcognito]

On queue, she rolls her eyes. 'So what do you consider yourself to be?" she asks. It's an important question, related to this.

Anyway, it seems Annaliese wasn't able to read between the lines well enough, so Carlie clarifies: "Yes, I have. That's why I think it's weird. Only for a few minutes, infrequently, and a long time ago...so I guess, kind-of. If it's for only a few minutes and that infrequently, then I guess you can't really call it being a guy."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

"That's easy: I'm a man that is willing to be whatever he needs to be for the role. I may be used to assuming the shape of a female, but... deep down I'm still a man." Annaliese immediately answers.

"Eh, figures. Thought I'd ask for clarification, on the off chance you merely assumed without trying... not that I think you're the kind to assume." She clarifies her reason for asking the question. "Well... if it weirds you out that much, by all means stick to female forms."

"Say, have you always been a shapeshifter, or did you manifest the power like I?" Is her next question.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #622

[Girlcognito]

"I was born this way," she affirms.

If she thinks about it, then she has the answer for why being a guy is weird: "I don't exactly have a native identity, which is probably why I try to stick to some commonality: if I'm too far away from how I picture myself, I feel like I've lost who I am...and after losing the core of who you are, it's really hard to remember."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-05-21 at 07:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"I'm Jade," Jade replies. "This is what I normally wear," she continues, gesturing towards her t-shirt and jeans, "I thought I'd try something different. Maybe a few things. Just for a change."
    [Arcane Threads]

"Ah." Okay, really familiar. "Anything you have in mind? Like broadly, as in a type of clothing or style?" She puts out a few feelers so she can give better recommendations. Nadia herself is wearing a pair of high wasted, tights jeans and a fitted purple blouse.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade thinks for a moment. What does she want to try? She's not super familiar with women's clothes, mainly because she hasn't been one very long. "Hmm. I don't know. Maybe a nice dress?" Or is that going too far already? No, it's probably fine. She should try to enjoy herself. Worrying about being too feminine is silly. After all, she is a woman right now. She glances at a nearby rack of dresses, trying to see if anything catches her eye, but is still too uncertain.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #625
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

Annaliese nods while eating ice cream. "I get. One could say I was born this way, everyone manifests some sort of power at age 10. I just scored big in the ability lottery, you could say. If it's genetic for you, I suppose we're about to have a little shapeshifter soon." He points to her belly.

When she explains exactly why being a guy is weird, Annaliese looks thoughtful. "Hmm... I suppose Africa doesn't exist where you're from..." Then, she nods in understanding. "I do have a strong sense of who I am, with a native culture and identity. Plus, for the first decade of my life, I wasn't a shifter. The only commonality I tend to stick to is being either a child or teen, because I might be an adult but I don't look like one. I stopped physically growing before I hit my teens. I'm not sure how that works, myself, that despite my size I can assume adult form... but my ability comes from the spirit, and I am an adult..." She shrugs. "Besides, who's going to suspect a child?"

"Speaking of children... I'm kinda curious about your childhood." She admits.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #626

[Girlcognito]

She looks down at her belly when it's pointed at: "Yes, that's part of the reason why I can't do it myself right now," she says. The other 'part' of the reason is that all of her shapeshifting has to be dedicated to keeping the baby alive due to some awful fishpriest.

Carlie blinks.
    "...Africa does exist where I'm from," she corrects.
    Most definitely a different kind of Africa than from where anyone else she's met. Her homeworld is an Earth but doesn't seem to match up with anybody else's.

Anyway, about her childhood.
    "It was pretty boring. My mother was incredibly controlling. Wouldn't let me go to the town, dictated what I had to do all the time, would forcibly shapeshift me if I ever didn't look how she wanted. Ran from home to become a knight when I was nearly an adult."

She shrugs.
    That was a long time ago, though.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-05-22 at 04:34 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

"Understandable. Shapeshifting while pregnant runs the risk of jeopardizing the baby's health, were it possible." Annaliese nods a number of times. "So Africa does exist where you're from? Are you from there? I'm half-African, myself." She seems a bit excited at this line of discussion, especially if Carlie does turn out to be from there, even though their Earths are different. Every Nexus person from an Earth comes from a different version of that Earth, it seems.

Sympathetically, she listens to Carlie talk about her childhood. "Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I had a happy and relatively normal childhood... at least, as normal as being born into a crime family and trained to oontribute to the family business is." She hesitates, then offers a hug. "So, you're a knight?"
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #628

[Girlcognito]

"It normally wouldn't affect the baby -" she comments; her species has something to compensate for that - "but car crash, fish priest, fairies." All that stuff that happened.

Carlie gestures, making an almost-horizontal line, kind-of curved downwards a bit. "No, it's across the ocean," she says. "Never been there." She's lived in Antarctica, though.

She considers the hug.
    Not wanting to get ice cream on her shirt, and not wanting to drop her own ice cream, she declines the hug, but leans in a little for a half-hug if that's an option.
    "I was a knight," she says. There's...not really all that much more to say about it, she feels. Was a knight. So, yeah, kind-of.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Pixie in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

"Say what now?" Annaliese perks up, suddenly interested. "What happened, exactly?" Even if nothing can be done about it, that sounds like quite the interesting story.

She's slightly disappointed at the response, though. "Oh. American, then?"

The they share a half-hug! Annaliese pats her shoulder sympathetically, then withdraws. "Ah. I have to ask, though... how'd you get mixed up with AMEN? I know the official report, but I want to hear it from you."
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #630

[Girlcognito]

What happened? "Um...exactly what I said. Bus crashed, then fish priest used some entropy magic, in a place with lots of fairies. There's an organ that kept the baby and I independent; but because of the magic, the baby was dying, so I had to intervene and now my powers are dedicated to keeping it alive." That's about as simple as she can explain.

American? "Um...no? What even...? I was Nordestina."

And, final topic: "I'm actually kind-of curious what the official report says," Carlie says, "because I can guarantee nobody actually knows." Except for somebody who is in another scene that is going on at the same time as this one. She shrugs. "It doesn't really matter, though."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.