New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Cake Shopping

"Oh, right! You haven't been here before. Sure, let's go." Abi grins and links arms and heads away from the food court to the clothing store. Probably Arcane Threads. Abi heads to the teenage girl section to look through skirts, trying to find one she thinks would look good on Zara. "We should definitely visit the changing rooms at some point. I want to see how pink my eyes are. And why not get green for me? My hair's green, and that doesn't change colour nearly as often as my eyes." It doesn't change colour at all, just always naturally green hair.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #662
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date] (because they're no longer eating cake)

Zara follows, arm in arm with her new girlfriend, and she browses the section for a green denim skirt to buy for her. "I'll get one of denim, because you like wearing jeans, and it'll match with your hair." She selects a leaf-green skirt made of denim material of whatever length Abi desires; with a button, zipper and pockets. It has a leafy flower embroidered down the right side.

When the changing room is brought up, Zara blushes as she has an idea. "We definitely should. Pick a long pink skirt for me, I'll get this if you like, and we can try it on. And also..." She glances at Abi's lips long enough, then back at her pink eyes. "... have some privacy." Then Abi can see how it affects her eyes, in case it's become less pink.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date Without Cake

"I like wearing boy's jeans. They get pockets." Girl jeans are a little more meh, in Abi's mind. Abi does quite a bit of cycling, so a skirt would be no more than knee length so it doesn't interfere too much with the bike. She really likes the one Zara picked for her; the embroidered flower isn't usually her thing, so she'd not have picked it for herself, but she loves it anyway.

For Zara, Abi picks a long pink skirt made of light cotton; it's possibly a bit thin, but it's light and airy and not too constraining- though it'd be hard to ride a bike in it, for certain.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Girlcognito]

Carlie leaves the mall, going to the bus stop so that it can take her to the train.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

"There's a trousers version with that design, if you prefer." Zara suggests, revealing a green pair of jeans with the floral pattern down the side of the right leg. Up to Abi to pick, though.

"Oo, good choice!" She happily says, really liking Abi's choice of skirt, especially it being light and airy, not minding the thin-ness. Good for roller-skating, too! "Let's go to the dressing room and try them on!"
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

"No, I'll go for the skirt." Since they're probably not boy jeans with the embroidery down the side. She'll link arms with Zara and head over to the changing rooms.

Abi had to guess Zara's size, and was reasonably accurate- though she did pick the size the next-size-down, which is a piece of advice she was given quite a long time ago, but she remembers it even if she doesn't know why.

She'll get very distracted by the mirror, looking at her eyes. They aren't very pink right now, more blue-grey. If Zara compliments Abi, that may change.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Arcane Threads

"It looks nice." Jade wouldn't really know though. She has no experience with these things. She takes it. "I'll... Go try this on, then be back." She hurries to a nearby changing room. Once inside, she begins the process of putting the dress on. It's probably somewhat slow. She fumbles with the buttons on its back for a while before she manages to do the dress up. Once she has it on, she spends some time looking in the mirror. Not bad, not bad at all. It's a pretty look for her, but it feels weird. She takes an experimental step, and is surprised by the sensation of the skirt swirling around her legs. She pops out of the changing room and returns to where the dress was found, intending to show Nadia before trying something else. The breeze she feels with every step is a little awkward, if cooling. "How do I look?"
    [Arcane Threads]

"Hey, looking good. I think it's a good look for you." Nadia says with a smile. It's certainly a more flattering look than her previous one. "How do you like it, though?"

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Um, thanks." Jade smiles sheepishly. "It's a bit different, but I think I could get used to it. I like it." She does look good, and the discomfort is minimal. "What do you think I should try next?" Jade looks over the rack of dresses, still unsure of how to choose. If she tries a few more styles, maybe she could start picking things she thinks she'll like on her own?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #669
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

She had to guess Abi's size as well, and to help with that, she stretches her arm and wraps it around Abi's waist, then picks the closest match in size.

"The skirt, it is!" Zara follows, and once they're in the changing room, starts getting ready to change. She's just about to unbutton her current skirt to try out the new one, when she notices Abi's distraction.

She puts her arm around Abi's waist. "Let's make those pretty eyes pink, shall we?" She says, then pecks her girlfriend on the cheek! Now that they've done it at least once, she's a lot more forward and willing to initiate another round of kisses.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"Well, you did say that you wanted to try something more showy." Nadia, apparently prepared, holds up a short, polka dotted dress that leaves the armpits, collar bones, and most of the thighs free.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

Jade takes the new dress curiously. "Thanks." She hurries back to the changing room with it. Once there, she slowly removes her current dress and steps into this one. Fortunately for her, it's fastened with a zipper, which means she can get it on much more quickly. She looks at herself in the mirror. The tighter garment shows her curves very nicely, and the very short skirt reveals her shapely legs. But the consequence is that she feels very exposed. The dress shows a good deal of skin on the upper and lower body. She's not sure what to think. On one hand, she looks great, and it is what she asked for. On the other, she's having second thoughts about clothes this revealing. She reemerges in the new dress and awaits Nadia's comment.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi's eyes went quite pink when she realised Zara was measuring her waist with her arm. That felt quite interesting, given Zara's elasticity. They go pinker after the kiss, and Abi will try to kiss back just to keep things fair- and because she can. "Oh, wow. My eyes really do go pink. That's quite a nice shade. Nearly matches the skirt. That's a surprise." That done, it's time to actually get changed to try on the skirt and see how it looks on her, so she'll go to the changing room.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

Kisses are good! Zara blushes happily and accepts the kiss back. "You've made me love the color pink even more, girlfriend."

It's changing time! Zara goes into a changing room, pulls off her current skirt and tries on the new one, finding that it fits nicely. "You like?" She asks, flaunting her new skirt for her girlfriend when she comes out.
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you look like you're ready to crawl out of your skin." Nadia's smile betrays her amusement. "You're sure you're not doing this out of duress, right? Some friends, or worse yet your mother, put you up to it, maybe?"

15. - Top - End - #675
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi comes out, also wearing the skirt chosen for her. Her lower legs are bare; she wasn't expecting to be shopping for something like this, so didn't pack any long socks. And tights can't generally be tried on before buying, I think. They always seem to come in sealed packaging, anyway. "I really like it. It's not too short, is it? That's the length I prefer for mine, like this one. Lots of movement in the legs for a bike or, I suppose, skates." She grins and looks Zara up and down as she twirls.

"How about this? Does it suit me? I'm loving the flower on it." Abi twirls, too, to show it off. She's quite sure that Zara won't just be looking at her legs and skirt, but she doesn't mind; confidence is something Abi has quite a bit of.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

If it's anything shorter than ankle-length, then Zara would note that it's too short... but then Zara already told her she prefers ankle-length skirts. "You've got good taste, Abi. Long, modest and free, just the way I like it. Good for skating, too." She giggles, twirling as well. "I'm glad you like the flower on it, it looks so pretty on you!" She's grinning for all she's worth, looking Abi up and down.

She likes all of what she sees. "You have beautiful legs, Abi." She takes Abi's hands in hers and pulls the half-elf closer. "I'll be sure to wear this a lot. We should buy each other matching necklaces!"
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Nobody's forcing me to do this, but I haven't been completely open about my reason. Since you're helping me, you should probably know." Jade takes a deep breath, looks rather embarrassed, then continues. "I used to be a man. A week ago, I was cursed into... This." She motions at her beautiful, very female body. "It doesn't look like I will turn back anytime soon. I decided as long as I was going to be a woman, I would... Be a woman." It's a bit of an awkward topic for Jade. "I figured I'd try some things that a normal woman might do. Get more comfortable with... All this." She motions at her body again, especially her large chest.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

"Bit too long for my tastes, though. Mine's plenty modest, and it has the added benefit of being able to be worn with a bike. Normally I've got leggings or tights on underneath, or a pair of bike shorts sometimes. If it's windy or the skirt has a habit of riding up." When pulled closer, Abi tries to initiate a hug, though she looks a bit worried about the necklace thing. "No, please no. Not on a first date, anyway. You've not met my family yet, and I've not met yours. We have no idea how well this'll last or anything. Matching jewellery's an anniversary thing, six months at the least. If we get matching necklaces, my mum'll be upset because she'll think I've been hiding you for far longer than I have." Abi likes the idea, but she doesn't want to even suggest to her mother that she's been lying to her about how long Abi and Zara have known each other.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcane Threads]

Nadia slinks, stunned silent for a moment. "Um, wow okay. That's a heck of a thing to go through. I'd have guessed you'd be more interested in getting yourself back to normal over clothes shopping, though."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Believe me, I tried. The curse is very persistent. There's nothing I'd like more than to turn back. It's just not possible, not any way I know how. So I decided to try something else. To... Embrace it, you could say. I'm not going to let some idiot flinging contagious curses ruin my life, even if I have to make some changes. I came here because I wanted to try something different, that I would never have done before," Jade explains.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #681
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

Zara hugs Abi intimately, but makes an 'oopsie' expression when Abi gets worried. Too soon? Her words confirm that, and Zara squeezes the hug a bit to calm her down. "You're right, it's too soon. I'm sorry, Abi, I just got so excited. A first date, and it feels like we've known each other forever, that's a good sign right?" She pulls back, still holdng Abi, and cups her face lovingly. "Let's make it a goal, then. Save it for our first anniversary, when and if it comes. Okay?"

They're still in the mall, though, and Zara won't mind more shopping! "Let's browse some more before paying. This is the fashion I've chosen for myself, but I'm a bit of a fashionista, you know? I wouldn't have picked this skirt if I didn't think it'd fit you."
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

"Yes, our first anniversary would be a much better occasion for matching jewellery." Abi returns the hug, and squeezes before letting go. "So, um. You've not had a date before then?" She nods at the talk about clothing, though. She's really happy with her new skirt, with the flower on it. She'll wear it, she thinks, to the restaurant for their third date.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

"No, you're my first. First date, first kiss... I've had crushes on girls but it never went anywhere... until now." What a coincidence, for Zara decided she'd wear her skirt for the third date. In fact, she's decided she'll wear it a lot.

"Let's change back? Then we can browse a bit before paying." She suggests.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

"A boy took me to the school disco last year. It didn't really go anywhere. And I think Natalie might have been working her way up to asking me, but it didn't happen. You're more fun than he was, and a better kisser." Abi grins and leans over to give Zara a kiss, before heading back to get changed into her normal wear and go browse some more.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Arcane Threads

"Believe me, I tried. The curse is very persistent. There's nothing I'd like more than to turn back. It's just not possible, not any way I know how. So I decided to try something else. To... Embrace it, you could say. I'm not going to let some idiot flinging contagious curses ruin my life, even if I have to make some changes. I came here because I wanted to try something different, that I would never have done before," Jade explains.
    [Arcane Threads]

"Well that's more positive than I think I'd be. I guess there's no use being miserable in the meantime." Nadia's not sure how she'd handle that. It probably wouldn't go well. "...Did you say contagious?"

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Not anymore, thankfully. A friend made a magical seal to keep it in check," Jade reassures Nadia. "You aren't going to turn into a man by hanging around me." She looks at the dresses again. "Should we get back to it? Would this look good on me?" Jade holds up a high-waisted empire dress with spaghetti straps in Easter colors.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #687
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

Oho, that explains the first kiss she spoke of earlier! "Well, Natalie did say you were pretty, but... she has a girlfriend and they're very much in love." She grins at the compliment, for Zara indeed loves to have fun. After sharing another kiss, she changes back into her original skirt and follows Abi arm-in-arm to continue browsing.

She'll want to look at shoes, tops and sweaters.
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi prefers looking at t-shirts, shorts and for sweaters, usually hoodies. She prefers quite bright colours or humorous slogans, though she's not particularly interested in what other people think are cool- she chooses her own fashion, not relying on someone else's. She'll accept Zara's influence, though, and offer her own. Generally for bright colours or slogans; there's a t-shirt she's found with two stick figures on it. One is missing their back, and the other holds a stick. The slogan is 'I've got your back'.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mall Date]

Zara'll prefer black, dark colours, varying shades of grey (dark to light) and the occasional bright colour and white for the tops; along with green, pink, brown, plaid etc for the long skirts to go along with them. She doesn't particularly like her clothes to have things written on them for the most part, but has enough of a sense of humour to recommend such shirts to Abi based on her taste in clothes.

Eventually, though, it'll be time to go and pay for what they have, unless they want to try something else. Especially since it might be getting dark already, since they got here at 5 o'clock in the evening. "Time to pay. Let's look at the price tags and collate our cash so we can pay at once." She suggests.
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Orc in the Playground

Mall Date

Abi stops suggesting slogans and designs for Zara, but would still encourage her to buy some brighter clothing- even going so far as to buy something dark, if Zara suggests it for her. Abi has a pretty good eye for colour, and would pick something that would look good on Zara even if it is bright, and Abi won't accept anything black, as it would just make her look paler in contrast- unless Zara convinces her that's a good look.

Abi likes bright colours and slogans because she wants people to see her to be happy; bright colours make her noticeable and feel happy, and the jokes written on her clothes sometimes generate a smile in those that see her.