New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Grizzly Wear

Our hero looks decidedly unsure.
    ”Oh, that sounds very nice. I don’t think I can afford a custom built place. But uh. It would be very nice if you could do that. I still need to learn swords and guns and spears and everything but, well. I don’t know if I’m ready? What if they look at me and don’t want me? Do you think I should try to get a little better so I have something to offer? I don’t know if I could act confident for a job interview like this.”
    He still doesn’t even have any clothes for the occasion!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #722
    Halfling in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

"No rush, kid. They aren't going anywhere," Adir says, grinning warmly, ears perked. He's got a certain disarming charm when he smiles, even if he looks like a bit of a fool. "But... sure. Training on your own couldn't hurt either. And whaddya mean? Ain't you ever had a job before?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

"Of course, I've been doing volunteer work for years. Well, just...they're not going to take anyone, are they? I have to prove I can be useful first. I'd be nervous if I had to interview to get into Vigil. I....I'll be honest, I've never really been a well of confidence." This is probably obvious from the fact that he's an enormous pile of muscle and yet is acting like someone is judging every action he takes.

4. - Top - End - #724

[Grizzly Wear]

"I dunno, kid, you'd be surprised. Especially what you can accomplish if you just... let yourself," Adir recommends. "If these abilities of yours - and this new shape - have potential, they'll know it. And besides, what's there to lose? Even if they won't train you, you can always try again later. Or do anything else you want!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

G'nichi looks...conflicted.
    "Well...it's...I did kind of...get shot two days ago. And stabbed a bunch a little before that. And was nearly crushed by a buff dog-man in the middle. I, uh.
    I don't suppose anyone would blame me if I said that maybe I wanted to take a little bit to enjoy having all this a little before I go back to all the bodily harm."
    He takes two large button-down shirts off the rack, one green and one red-plaid, both made of a thick, soft material. He looks at them, then back at Adir.
    "It's like...well uh, you see is it bad if I just really want to know how to impress girls?" he whispers to Adir. Adir might get the idea that this guy isn't terribly old.

6. - Top - End - #726

[Grizzly Wear]

"Geez, kid, it sounds like you'd fit right in already-- oh," Adir blinks. He wants to take a break from all the bodily harm. "Ha, I get it. Like I said, you should do what you want..."

That last bit gives Adir some pause. He has to hold in a gust of laughter. "Kid, how old are you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Grizzly Wear

”Sixteen.” G’nichi admits.
    ”But that’s adult for my people! I swear! Physically, maybe. That doesn’t mean that he’s emotionally mature. Though he would tell you that he is.

8. - Top - End - #728

[Grizzly Wear]

"Holy ****, kid--!" Adir blinks and shakes his head as though having to clear it. No laughing now. "Who the hell's shooting and stabbing at you? I'm about to go kick their ass. I don't care what your people think, that's a... that's..." What was he saying? He was younger than that the first time he went hunting, and Frescot hunts don't play around. And then there was...

"I ran with some guys for a while... a soldier-for-hire thing. There were kids almost as young as you there. They... well, they always ended up wanting to just go home." Or worse, they didn't. Some of them end up like Adir, unable to imagine a life without violence. It becomes the first tool you reach for, and the last one you'll ever use. "I'm saying you've got the right idea about taking your time. If you wanna be all heroic, fine, but... impress some girls first."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

"Well first it was cultists trying to summon something into the world, and then it was a gang of dog-men who crushed my head but one of the weapons healed me. And then their boss shot me. I took his gun away and called Intersection on him. But uh, yeah."
    He sighs and puts both of the button-down shirts on his pile.
    "I think that I've had a rough enough week that I'd like to just get my wardrobe and where I'm living sorted out and figure out how to have fun now that I'm..." Giant? Strong? Shiny?
    "Oh and my name's G'nichi. I didn't mention it before." That's silly of him.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Twice-but-Nice - Thrift Shop]

A dusty old thrift shop can be found in a long forgotten corner over the mall.

It's not particularly inviting. However, a large red banner hangs above the doorway.

CLOSING SALE!

EVERYTHING MUST GO!

--

Spoiler: Twice-but-Nice
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

[Twice but Nice Thrift Shop]

Sales are a good place to find cheap things. Obviously.
    And cheap things can attract people to buy them. Obviously.
    Today's lucky winner is a short man of dusty-blond hair in his mid-thirties, looking not terribly healthy but also like he hasn't been getting enough...well anything really. But maybe some small material things can make him feel better, right?
    Well, that isn't terribly likely but no one has been there to tell him that, so inside he arrives, immediately looking around for something nice that he might put on his shelf to forget about some of his more serious problems.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

The hinges, long since rusted over, squeal in defiance as the young man enters the thrift shop. A haze of dust permeates the cluttered room, settling on any free surface it could find. Most of the windows have already been boarded up. Vestiges of sunlight seep through the only uncovered window, lending the shop a vibrance not seen in years.

A few untrustworthy looking individuals navigate the shop, inspecting cluttered tables.

--

Dozens of vases line the room's southern wall. One in particular stands out.

It appears to have shattered long ago, only to be repaired with strands of glittering gold.

Spoiler: Vase
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 04:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, wow. What a nice vase. And yet it certainly isn't being sold for what it's probably worth. Nothing seems to be. Edgar, for that is his name, goes up to it, blowing some of the dust off and taking off the lid so he can take a peek inside. His thumb rubs a small red mark on the side that is probably just a stain from someone's food ages ago and not a blemish.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure enough, the vase is being sold at a fraction of its worth. It would make for a dazzling centerpiece. Once the grime is scraped free and its golden lid is removed, a fine blue mist starts to waft out from within. It smells of honey and exotic spices, a thoroughly stimulating combination unlike anything Edgar's likely encountered!

The mist appears to be coalescing into... something.

--

Meanwhile, time appears to have stood still. Other shoppers appear frozen in place!

Edgar, however, is free to move as he pleases.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 06:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

Twice but Nice Thrift Shop Later

Closing down sales are interesting things, and thrift shops are too. This one has attracted attention from someone else, who came to Mallside to shop for some clothes. But she was walking past, and it's aroused her curiosity.

So she walks inside, to have a poke around. Abi is a fifteen-year-old half-elf, with dark green hair and pale skin. She's wearing a sleeveless blue dress and a pair of trainers, no socks. Her eyes are indigo with curiosity, and she has a look around. Her younger siblings ensure that she's less interested in the more fragile-looking knickknacks and decorative models, but a sturdy box or possibly some jewellery would attract her attention.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2020-08-23 at 05:43 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

[Twice but Nice Thrift Shop - Later]

The shop's interior is a cluttered mess of shelves and tables. A haze of dust permeates the cluttered room, settling on any free surface it could find. Most of the windows have already been boarded up. Vestiges of sunlight seep through the only uncovered window, lending the shop a vibrance not seen in years.

At the counter is an old woman, not the kind you pity with their old bones and feeble limbs, but the kind who could still run an army kitchen given half a chance. She stands quite tall and slim, her short grey hair neat and likely styled with old fashioned rollers, the kind women used to sleep in.

A few untrustworthy looking individuals navigate the shop, inspecting cluttered tables.

--

As Abi enters, the woman at the counter calls her forward. "You there, girl. Come here."

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

Twice but Nice Thrift Shop Later

Abi looks around with great interest, but jumps slightly when addressed- she was so curious in the shop's contents she hadn't noticed the proprietor.

She'll approach the lady, however, curiosity winning over caution- as it has ever since she first spied this shop from the elevator on her way past this floor. "Um, yes?" The other people here look quite sketchy, but... Mallside's allegedly one of the safest places in the Nexus. The Mall Kopz crack down of violence quickly and eagerly, so she's safe here. They can't be up to anything illegal.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar is thoroughly shocked. His first thought is to go for the door, but it's frozen, which leaves him to just awkardly stand in front of the burgeoning cloud of mist with an extremely nervous look on his face.
    "Uh. Hi." he mumbles, just in case this is a living thing.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

The mist continues to rise up into the air, its soft blue color now whorled with shades of violet and gold. Something was happening!

Soft curves start to appear within the cloud, forming the outline of what was unmistakably a woman's upper body, and a generously built one at that. After several seconds, the outline fills in, revealing a slightly pudgy belly draped in glittering jewelry, as well as muscular arms. Hers is a remarkably soft face, with full cheeks and teadrop shaped eyes which glimmer and shine. Her glossy, dark blue hair is styled in a particularly complicated way, braided and decorated with sparkling golden disks. Her unusually shaped ears are pierced with a pair of large, golden rings, as is her broad nose.

At first, she's nude. Fortunately, its not particularly unseemly, for her lower half gradually dissipates into a glittering tail of bluish mist. As she fully materializes, swathes of fine fabric appear upon her body, each strip lined and threaded with shimmering golden disks and occult symbols. A golden shackle is worn about her throat, identical to the pair worn upon each wrist.

Now, the room is dominated by a giant, blue woman. Her eyes are closed.

And then, she starts to yawn.

"Mmmrnn? What is...?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 07:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Edgar looks notably shocked. Not only is there a giant beautiful woman in the room, he’s seen her without clothes even if only for a moment. He wouldn’t want to do something like that against a lady’s will! So this is rather distressing. But she doesn’t seem to be awake so he will maybe be able to pretend he didn’t see anything.
    ”Uh. Good morning?”

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

The gigantic, blue woman continues to stretch her arms from side to side, flexing each enormous muscle as she attempts to shake the slumber out of her.

Glittering strands of golden chain continue to appear upon her body as her outfit continues to form. She doesn't notice the man before her for several more seconds.

When he speaks up, her eyes widen! "Oh my! I did not see you there!"

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Twice but Nice Thrift Store

Edgar gulps.
    ”Um. Hi. Yeah. You uh...you came out of that vase.”
    It sounds kind of dumb when he says it like that. But he can’t think of anything else to say.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Mallside 10

[Three Wishes]

Her large, gold eyes focus down upon Edgar.

A warm smile appears upon her face, her full lips parting only to titter! She raises a massive blue hand to cover her mouth as she snickers. This one was clearly very shy! Had he never seen a gigantic blue woman before?

"Mm, hello to you as well!" When she notices his nervous expression she rests her hands upon her hips. "You are nervous! Do not be! Though I know I must be terribly impressive!" She gently prods at the little man with her words, though her commentary comes from a place of good humor rather than malice. "You may look, if you like!"

When he gestures to the vase, she grins! She seems genuinely excited! "Oh my goodness! You are correct!"

"Do you know what that means?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 08:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Well, if she wants to be appreciated, Edgar can oblige her. But he still only looks a little. It wouldn't do it just like, stare at her proportions. He's in public!
    Even if time is frozen and no one can tell he's doing anything.
    "Um. No. What does it mean?" he asks dumbly.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

The gigantic woman will flex and grin in response!

Nahira is just as vain as the rest of her race, and as such, she takes great satisfaction in the admiration of 'lesser' creatures.

She laughs heartily when he turns away. "Oh ho! Do you find my form displeasing?" This is meant playfully, of course. She is quite confident in herself. "Ho, of course you do not! You would not avert your eyes from the work of a master painter, no?" Humans had always been quite prudish, hadn't they? For a genie, one's physical form was sublime - a glorious representation of the fire which burns within, one meant to be displayed.

With a contented sigh, she glances back to the vase. "It means that you are a very lucky fellow!" She seems genuinely happy for him!

For once, she was not at the beck and call of some egomaniacal enchanter too big for his britches.

"For you see, I am Nahira! And I am a djinn!"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 09:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar gulps.
    ”Oh, no Ma’am. Your form is uh, quite pleasing.” he sputters. He tries his best to look very appreciative and stare a little, just so she knows.
    And then introductions! That’s- this is-
    ”That’s uh...I’m Edgar. You uh. You’re a Djinn? Like, the kind that does wishes and stuff?”

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

At this, Nahira nods. Good, he was learning!

In time, she'd teach him the ways of her culture. He seemed the malleable sort, meek and eager to please.

She begins to separate fully from the vase at this point, manifesting a pair of incredibly broad legs. "Ho, here we are! I had almost forgot!" Rounded thighs curve downwards, eventually culminating in bare feet. Her legs seem to go on for miles, its all quite overwhelming. She starts to lunge from side to side. For most, this would be somewhat silly. Seeing her muscles in motion, however, is simply awe-inspiring.

Once she finishes waking up her legs, she sits down upon the floor. With a gesture, she points at a seat across from her. "Indeed! Come and sit, fellow!"

She's still quite large.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 09:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar awkwardly sits down in front of her.
    ”So this is what you do? Stop time and help people? Just...grant what they want? Are there rules?” Because he’s pretty sure that he’s heard to never ask for love or money from genies. It never goes well. He needs to start with less crazy things that affect other people.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

The golden bands upon her wrists clink together with a flick of her mighty hand.

A small sitting rug composed of thousands of beads pops into being, swiftly followed by a gemstone encrusted shisha sized for a giant.

Edgar will likely recognize it as a hookah of some sort. With a pleased expression upon her face, she reaches for the mouthpiece. "You will partake! Enjoy yourself!" It's clear by her tone that she insists. Nahira inhales deeply of the vapor within before exhaling blue smoke. Her expression is one of intense pleasure. She will pass the mouthpiece onto Edgar before gesturing once more, this time towards her right. At this, a small stand appears, upon which a bowl of perfect pineapples is set as well as a knife.

"Are you hungry? Of course you are!" She reaches for a pineapple, biting straight through its outer layer as if consuming a strawberry. "Now! You wish to know the rules, yes?"

With a solemn nod, she reaches down her front, retrieving a scroll from within her top. It dances out from within her fingers, flashing through the air.

It is a long and heady document, the gist of which is outlined at the bottom.

Spoiler: THE RULES:
    Show

1. A djinn is bound to whomever releases him/her from their bottle and is compelled by gratitude to obey his/her wishes.

2. A djinn cannot impose (trespass against) upon the free will of humans and other living animals, including physically, mentally, or emotionally.

3. A wish must always begin with the phrase, "I wish."

4. One is only ever permitted three wishes.

5. To fabricate or annihilate a life is not permitted under any circumstances.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar only inhales a little when passed the mouthpiece. He doesn’t think this is any time for him to be putting magic genie smoke in his lungs. He doesn’t even know what it really is!
    But food is food, and he starts trying to cut up the pineapple. Unsuccessfully. He’s never done this before.
    ”Okay. I wish...” he stops, realizes that now that he’s started he has to keep going and he really should have thought things through before he opened his mouth.
    ”...that I looked really impressive instead of like a starved hobo like I do now.” his tight budget has left him quite shabby looking, even though he still does have a tiny place of his own and a little bit of his money left. He still has enough to shop for cool things (but only if they cost basically nothing) but he hasn’t really been able to get himself to get a new wardrobe when his old things still work. Sort of. Still, he’s probably over exaggerating that people think he looks quite that bad.