New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Three Wishes]

An amused expression forms upon Nahira's face. "Oh ho! Easy upon the vapor!"

This little creature was so very out of his element! He did not even know how to cut his fruit! Ah, but he would learn.

Indeed, it would be a pleasure to greatly improve the life of this strange, lost man. As he starts to speak, she'll reach over to very gently raise Edgar's chin up so he's properly looking up at her. Eye contact was a very important part of this transaction. Her eyes are warm and welcoming, it would be easy to lose sight of one's self within them. "Very well, little fellow!"

She will return her arms to her sides before assuming lotus position, with her head held low. And so, Nahira will begin to speak the secret words.

"Brahmaand kee maan, main aapako pyaar karata hoon: use sushobhit karata hoon!"

--

Edgar will find that the lights have dimmed. The room is empty now, bathed in soft blue light.

As the djinn begins to levitate, Edgar will find himself gently lifted into the air upon invisible arms. The magic of creation tickles at every fiber of his being.

First, he begins to swell - doubling and tripling in size! Bright, orange fur appears upon his body, a coat as soft and luxurious as can be imagined. His tattered clothes are rent apart as strips of white fabric tighten all around him, an immaculate toga of the cleanest cotton. Golden bands tighten around his fattened digits, now sprouting claws.

He is immense!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-23 at 11:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Wishes

Well, everything about this situation quickly informs Edgar that he is in over his head. The fact that he’s ballooning into a very significantly larger being is only the final nail in the coffin of that realization. A mighty roar (of total surprise) escapes his jaws as the new clothes and rings tighten around him. He never would have thought a weird robe thing could feel like this. Somehow perfectly fitted but so tight. Of course once the stars stop blinding his eyes he comes to the realization that Nahira is no longer towering over him. No sane person would call him Little Fellow. But Nahira still might.
    But any other person would not give such a label to Edgar the Titanic Tiger. His claws click against the dusty floor as he settles himself. He tries to look down at himself but can’t see much past his enormous middle and his furry hands and his...everything. oh, dear oh dear.
    ”Wait, wait, wait. What exactly did you do to me?” Edgar asks, tongue flicking his new fangs. His voice is now deep and powerful. His tail lashes. He is the very picture of a mighty tiger nobleman.
    If you’re Nahira at least.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-08-23 at 11:37 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Nahira positively beams as Edgar takes in his new form.

What was there to be upset about? That roar was incredible, and his clothes were absolutely perfect!

He would make an ideal mate for any mortal, or at least - he looked like he would. This was clearly a man of sophistication, a mean of means! He had never worked a day in his life, a clear sign of great wealth! All that said, the djinn is somewhat disappointed when Edgar seems unhappy. "What ever do you mean, little fellow?" What could he possible be upset about?

With a frown, she starts steepling her fingers together, still levitating above the ground. "This is some of my best work! You are the very face of royalty!" Was there something in particular he was unhappy with?

"What creature would not want to mate with a man such as you?" His complaints were almost offensive!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Wishes

”I am not little!” Growls the very large tiger, taking a step forward and really getting to experience how much moves as he does that. Oh dear again.
    ”I might be the face of royalty, but I’m not a prince! I don’t have the money to not work, and I feel like I...well...like I’m not built to do anything besides ask servants to do things for me! And I won’t be able to get a job weak like this. Except maybe a desk-only job...and besides, people are into strong guys! Not...” He looks down at himself.
    ”Not huge fat tigers with nothing to back it up.” He nods.
    ”So uh yeah. I wish I was attractive with all that in mind.”

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Hm, now this is a troublesome situation, isn't it?

This poor creature didn't seem to know what he wanted, and so he was doomed to flail about unhappily.

She starts to piece together a more thorough understanding of what the man appeared to want. "Hrm. Rest easy, my pet! I know what I must do!" Her shisha mouthpiece floats up to her mouth. As she inhales, she ponders over potential solutions. Was his current figure considered unattractive within the confines of his culture? Well now, that was a pity. If only she had known beforehand! During her time upon the material plane, she had found that mortals were generally quite fond of her figure!

Perhaps the key was something similar? Yet masculine, clearly. Finally, she grins. "Ah, now close your eyes!"

--

At this, she'll whisper her words of power. It's less ceremonial now, for good reason!

Once her prayer is over, Edgar will find himself transformed once again! His body recedes, becoming stouter in parts, firmer in others. Muscles form beneath layers of fat, yet his fur remains perfectly colored and clean. By the time the transformation is done and over with, he will find himself built similarly to Nahira.

Strong, but stout - a change for the better!

[Twice but Nice Thrift Shop]

The old woman draws her ever closer. Her brittle looking fingers end in sharp nails.

This was not a trustworthy looking person, but then again? With how creepy this shop is, its only natural that such an individual would run it.

With a cough and a sneer, she'll gesture towards a small door to her right. "I can tell by the look in your eyes that you're looking for an adventure, aren't you?" She wheezes before reaching into a pocket and retrieving a bronze key. She sets it upon the glass table before pushing it towards the girl. "Go on, then. Take what you like inside."

"Won't sell, you see. Water off me back."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-08-24 at 01:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Wishes

Edgar breathes a sigh of relief as he feels his oversized body reduce. He opens his eyes and-
    Oh he forgot to be specific that he didn’t want to be fuzzy. Or feline. Or at all round. But, well, at least he’s only a little round now. And he has biceps. He can feel them without even having to move much. It’s something. And he can lose that weight. No sense in wasting his last wish on that. So he has to go with something that isn’t going to...well, wind up with him being an immense fake tiger prince.
    ”It’s better, thanks. Okay, I told you that I need a job, right? Well I know you shouldn’t ever just wish for a huge amount of money. So I wish instead that I had a great, dignified job that I’m good at and pays well and I’ll never ever have to worry about losing.” He’s lost a lot of jobs in the past. It’s horrible every time. He doesn’t think being a tiger would change that.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Ah, there we go! The best of both worlds, one would think.

Her first reaction to his new form is a somewhat salacious smirk. "Oh ho! Look at you! A diamond in the rough, as I thought!"

She makes no attempts to divert her eyes from him, simply lounging about within the air and admiring his form. This was a masterpiece! Ah, but he was still in such a rush. Although she could change his form, she could hardly rid him of his mortal tendencies. There was never any time dedicated towards simple leisure! "Is that so?"

Hrm. She was in need of a proper tender, especially given that her last had perished so long ago. This malleable creature would make for a lovely companion! Or concubine. Perhaps both!

She'll reach out, holding her palms out. "Come then, take my hands!"

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar would be somewhat disturbed at how excited she is to admire something she made. But well, having a beautiful cosmic lady admire you is kind of nice. And she did demand he look at her, so maybe it’s just a cultural thing. His hands drift to his hips for a pose without even thinking about it.

This hand thing is not how the other wishes went, but the last wish didn’t go the way the first wish went. So with a mental shrug Edgar steps forward and puts his oh-so-slightly-distressingly-paw-like hands in hers, cognizant of how he’s using his only chance to get rid of them on something else. But his livelihood is more important than his looks.
    And he’s convinced even if he asked to be a regular strong human she’d probably still not get it.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar would be wise to take heed of her expression.

It is somewhere in between lechery and vanity, something more than pride at what she had created.

This was simply natural for a djinn, of course. If you could not appreciate your work, what was the point of it all? She claps her hands together as he poses! "Oh ho! Well done, my pet! I have truly outdone myself, with you!" Her hands are now of similar size to Edgar's own, his grip just as strong. It is likely an invigorating feeling.

She closes her eyes and once more speaks the secret words.

--

Within seconds, Edgar will find that his clothes have started to change into a dazzling uniform of blue and orange. With closed eyes, she utters a final question.

This was it. "Do you accept?"

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar isn't really watching himself, since this isn't a wish that involves his own self, is it? It's about other things. He does sort of notice the tight-clothes feeling go away, but he's very busy staring into the face of the no-longer-as-giant-to-him lady.
    "Uh, you haven't told me what's going on. But uh, yeah sure?" Nahira might have to do something about that confidence.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Once his final words leave his mouth, everything changes.

There's a flash of blinding white light, and suddenly Edgar will find himself within the astral plane.

It is a sea of black stars which stretches on in all directions, bottomless and infinite. He will find that he cannot breathe. It takes a lifetime for him to drown, longer if he fights it. When he finally succumbs, an oceans worth of liquid starstuff will seep into him, extinguishing his mortal flame. His eyes will slowly flutter shut. Another lifetime passes until his eyes flash open once again.

Now, it is a great bonfire which burns within. He is himself once more, only stronger! The world feels fantastic, his senses are magnified ten thousand fold!

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Well, this will undoubtedly prove to be the most traumatic experience of his life.
    And he's now been prepared for a very, very long life.

On the plus side at least, he comes out of it feeling like a million and a half bucks. He can't help himself but stretch and give a good roar. Luckily everyone is still frozen. But then he remembers himself, coughing awkwardly and glaring daggers at Nahira.
    "What in the hells was that? I asked you for a job, not a near-death experience!" he demands of her. Though plenty of jobs can provide those, it usually isn't moments after accepting them.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Nahira claps excitedly when Edgar reappears!

Oh, he looked so much happier! What a roar on him, truly this was her best work to date.

When he starts talking about dying, she merely titters. "Near death? Oh no, my pet! You are quite dead!" It was true, she had watched it happen. She raises a brow, tapping at her chin as she continues to levitate within lotus position. "I suppose, however! That you are now more alive than ever before!" Nahira nods contentedly, yes - this was a job well done. "Mm, I must say you are quite dashing!"

"You resemble Maharaj Sahjit, I think! Oh, his... spirit was quite satisfying."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

"I asked for a job and you made me a ghost?!" Edgar roars, quickly reigning himself in again. He's really going to have to get used to the lungs she gave him. He could probably shatter glass if he wanted.
    "I-it's-but-you." he angrily stomps the ground, and does realize that the floor feels quite solid.
    "So probably not a ghost. What the heck am I then? And why did you kill me when I asked for a job?!" A pause. "Am I at least immortal, then?" being dead but alive sometimes has that effect.
    "What, was he a huge tiger too?" he asks, having absolutely no idea who she's talking about.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Once again, Nahira is somewhat confused.

Was her new caretaker still upset? Now that simply wouldn't do at all. "No, silly man - not quite!"

She shakes her head before slowly drifting back down onto the floor, as will Edgar. The djinn takes a long draw at her shisha mouthpiece before continuing, exhaling blue smoke all the while. "You are something more than mortal, to be clear!" This was all said quite plainly, as if it were simple and straightforward. "A man would not do, you see! He would not perform as desired!" With a smile, she continues. "I have employed you, you see!"

"You should be honored!"
    Then, he brings up the Maharaj once again. With a coy smile, she answers. "Oh ho! Where it counted, I suppose!"

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar snorts. His new nose had already been bothering him, smelling every single little thing in this cramped shop at once. With the improvements she made to his senses, the smell of the smoke is quite overpowering.
    "But- but I am a man!" unless he's horribly misunderstood something. And she just called him one anyway!
    "But-but- you're my boss? What am I supposed to be doing, then? I was expecting to just get a cushy banker job or something!"

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

Twice but Nice Thrift Shop Later

Abi nods a little cautiously at the old woman's words, and takes the key she's offered and heads to the door. She looks around a last time before she tries to open the door. If it's locked, she has a key which should fit, and she'll try that. But she tries to open the door before she unlocks it, just in case the old lady is senile and forgot to lock the door last time she was in there. Nothing is quite as annoying as accidentally locking an unlocked door you're trying to use.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Nahira simply laughs at his strange sounds! It must be a lot to adjust to!

The poor thing was only just starting to settle into his new form, wasn't he? The djinn finds squirming is endearing.

She shakes her head before rising to her feet. "Oh no, silly. You are so much more now! Take a deep breath!" She will close her eyes and inhale as well, clearly quite pleased with yourself. "The magic of creation flows through you now, just as it does through me!" This was obviously a very important thing. He must simply be unaware of just what that means! Best illuminate him, at least a little. "You are as strong as ten men, my pet - and you will never age."

This was hyperbolic, of course. His lifespan had been extended, but he was hardly immortal.

The djinn says nothing of his duties, not yet.

[Twice but Nice Thrift Shop]

The old woman offers her a knowing smile before returning to counting coin.

The door itself opens with a creak, revealing a dimly lit chamber ahead. Shelves bisect the storage area, and its walls are lined with clutter.

Some objects in particular stand out: a scarecrow with the head of a goat, a dust choked gramophone, and a coffin draped in an old blanket. But there are other objects; quaint twisted candlesticks in the shape of snakes, a teapot fashioned like a swan, out of whose open beak the tea is meant to come. In the corner, a carved sandal-wood box packed tight with aromatic cotton-wool, within which little brass figures are contained, hump-necked bulls and peacocks and goblins, delightful to see and handle.

Less promising in appearance is a desiccated tongue on display within a glass case.

And yet, it calls to her.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar blinks, but takes the deep breath as instructed. He is certainly aware of his breath. It's odd, but he can feel the difference in his lungs and diaphragm as much as he can feel his new biceps and legs. And his tail. that's going to take some getting used to.
    "Well, being this big I sure hope I'm strong. But wait like...I can do magic now? Like you? Well I'm sure not as good as you but like, something like that?" he figured if Djinn could give other people their powers they probably wouldn't. "Living forever does sound pretty nice." If he has to be a giant cat-man at least he's got superpowers and longevity out of it.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Could he do magic now? My, this one was ambitious.

Never quite happy, it seemed. This brings a small frown to her face. What was there to be displeased by?

She rests a hand upon her hip before responding. "In a sense. I would not dwell upon it!" There, a suitably cryptic response. Her new assistant could not perform magic, necessarily - not yet at least, but he was certainly magical. At this point, she starts to look around. Ah, yes. This was a place she was all too familiar with. What good would there be in staying here? Nothing to enjoy, nothing to experience! "Now, my pet. You have duties to perform!"

At this she will gesture towards herself. What did that mean?

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

[Three Wishes]

Edgar follows Nahira's eyes and for once says something actually perceptive.
    "Oh, do you want me to like, carry you out of here or something? I guess I can do that, I-" it is at this precise moment he finally looks down at himself. He might have been avoiding doing that on purpose.
    "What is this outfit you put me in?" he asks flatly.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Default Twice but Nice Thrift Shop

Someone is here, browsing through the old clothes. Jade Fisher, a beautiful, curvy woman in a blue sundress is hoping to get something cheap while the store is closing. She was in the mall for other reasons, but a store having a closing blowout sale is a good reason to interrupt those for some clothes shopping. She browses through the women's section, looking for anything interesting. After all, she doesn't need more clothes, but if she can get them cheap, she might as well.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[Where Slip the Tatters of the King]

To say that the store is disorganized is an understatement.

Sections are not labelled, and in many areas, random junk has been piled up to the ceiling.

As Jade wanders through she shop, she passes by a bin of small black hand-sewn dolls, a row of mannequins draped in string lights, and several barrels of bones. The objects only become stranger the longer she searches; walls of cigarette boxes depicting strange images, black mirrors encrusted with shells and fingernails, necklaces made from the teeth of sharks. Porcupine fish, inflated and dried. A miniature five piece steel band, mounted on a slab of driftwood. A board game in which the tokens are toads. Looking more closely she sees that the toads are real, having been stuffed and varnished.

Finally, something stands out to her. It's a lovely yellow sunhat, complete with a bow.

It rests upon a lopsided skull.

[Three Wishes]

At this, the djinn nods in clear approval.

Perhaps he was starting to settle in to his new body, all the better - for there was work to be done!

For one, this miserable little thrift shop would not do as a place within which one could properly lounge about. A more glamorous lair would be necessary, she was extraplanar royalty after all. "You are correct! I tire of this place." When he asks about his outfit, she merely grins. "If you do not like your uniform, you need not wear it."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Default Where slip the tatters of the king

This is an odd place. No wonder they're going out of business, they aren't customer friendly at all. But then Jade spots the sunhat. Ooh. That would go great with her dress! She assumes the skull is fake as she removes the hat from its grisly stand and tries it on, looking around for a mirror to see how she looks.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Wishes

”Oh, thanks. It’s really not my style. I’m not really one for letting everything hang out in public, you know?” Babbles Edgar, back to his usual cluelessness. He scoops up the belongings that had been in his pockets when she evaporated his clothes.
    ”And I don’t think it has any pockets for my wallet.”
    He walks up to her, hoisting up the vase. He’s shocked when he feels how light it is. He can lift it with one finger! He was expecting to need both hands.
    ”So are you going to unfreeze time so I can pay for this? Or am I supposed to just walk out?”

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

The yellow sunhat feels warm to the touch, and its texture is pleasing.

It's altogether not particularly interesting, save for the band of fabric which wraps around its rim, finishing in a bow.

This material is quite strange, unusually smooth and malleable. Unlike standard silk, there's a firmness to it that just sort of feels off - almost like leather, of some sort. Nothing in particular occurs once the ribbon is touched, however. Jade will discover a small mirror after wandering for a moment or two. Strangely enough, its a double sided mirror.

When she looks inside, she'll see herself as a man, wearing the sunhat. It looks good on her.

[Three Wishes]

The djinn merely giggles at this. Was he unhappy with his current form?

She went through all the trouble of ensuring he would be quite pleased with all facets of his physical appearance.

Only the best would do for her. With a raised brow, she offers a somewhat sly response. "Mm, fortunately for you, I am!" With a contented sigh, she continues to look over her creation. He would grow into enjoying the freedom of it all, for sure. At that, she gestures once again. Within seconds, great golden shackles will appear upon Edgar's wrists and ankles, the mark of one of her kind.

"You will not need a wallet, my pet." Great, fat rings will appear upon his fingers.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

Twice but Nice Thrift Shop Later

Oh, wow. These things are amazing. Those candles look really cool, but they're too pretty to use. That scarecrow's creepy, and... why is there a coffin here? Who buys a second-hand coffin?

Maybe don't answer that.

That swan teapot is also amazing, and everything is looked at, briefly at least. But Abi finally spots something gross. Something weird and old and repugnant, and she can't not look at it. It's... a dessicated tongue? It's horrific, she hates it, but... she picks it up anyway, if she can open the case. Why, she has no idea. She shudders at the texture of it, and she can't take it home- her half-siblings would steal it and try to slip it into her mum's bed, she knows that.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Three Wishes

"Yeah, but what if I need to show my ID or something? Or use my phone? Ugh, it's fine. I'll explain all these things to you-" And then giant shackles? And rings? She sure seems to have a thing for great, fat things.
    "I'll ask you later." he says with a resigned, questioning stare.
    Still holding his wallet and phone, he goes over to the desk, putting the price of the vase upon it, and walking out the front door, assuming he can while time is frozen. He really just wants to go home.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Default Where slip the tatters of the king

Jade recoils from the mirror in surprise upon seeing her old, male form reflected in it. She touches her chest, just to make sure it's still in its proper shape, and the mirror is lying. Ever since she bonded to the curse (although it's really more of a blessing from her current perspective), she hasn't wanted to go back to being a man.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Desiccated Tongue]

The case is treacherously easy to open, unfortunately for her.

A terrible stench wafts forth from within, its a strange metallic sort of scent, mixed with preserving fluid.

In short, it is an unforgettably odorous funk, the sort of stench that stays with you. And yet, it will come off as somehow appealing to her. In fact, as the seconds pass, that great fat tongue starts to smell delicious. As she touches it, she is overcome with the peculiar desire to take this thing home with her. To keep it close, and safe, and secret.

Jade has not changed in any way, which is likely a great relief to her.

She will note, if she attempts to use the other side of the mirror, that it reflects her ordinary self.

It seems that this magic mirror is capable of reflecting the user as two separate sexes, dependent upon which side of the mirror is used. Likely not particularly useful, but an interesting novelty. That large hat of hers looks just fine on her head! It is a lovely thing, and she will feel that she is simply meant to purchase it.