New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Where slip the tatters of the king

It is a nice hat, isn't it. Jade's already decided to buy it, but the mirror also interests her. She has a mischievous idea she could use it for. Oh man. That would be so worth it. The look on his face would be priceless. She'd just have to set it up in her lair, and then the next time he visits. Yes. Perfect. She grabs the mirror to purchase it as well, then heads to the counter to check out. This was a good haul. Well worth it.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Where slip the tatters of the king

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    It is a nice hat, isn't it. Jade's already decided to buy it, but the mirror also interests her. She has a mischievous idea she could use it for. Oh man. That would be so worth it. The look on his face would be priceless. She'd just have to set it up in her lair, and then the next time he visits. Yes. Perfect. She grabs the mirror to purchase it as well, then heads to the counter to check out. This was a good haul. Well worth it.
    Fortunately (or unfortunately) for Jade, her purchase goes through.

The sour faced old crone behind the counter glares continuously at the woman, stopping only once she turns away. If Jade is particularly perceptive, she'll notice that the glare hides a sad frown.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Default Where slip the tatters of the king

Jade doesn't know why the cashier is so angry. She's providing business, not shoplifting. There's no reason to glare like that. She leaves with her purchases and heads Home with them.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #784
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Dessicated Tongue

Abi gags a little at the scent, even as she lifts the tongue from the case. She wants it, but... it's weird and creepy. She nearly puts it back, but at the last minute keeps hold of it. She's going to buy it, but she doesn't really understand why. She does like that swan teapot, but... she doesn't have much money. Could she afford both? She's not sure.

She'll leave the cupboard to hand the key over, and pay for the tongue.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

[Desiccated Tongue]

The porcelain teapot is surprisingly light and cool to the touch.

It was a gift once, a romantic display passed from one long forgotten lover to another.

Now it collected dust within this terrible place, to be abandoned forever. At least, it would have been, had Abi not taken a liking to its design. It should be clear even to her that there's a fair bit of history to this thing. It's chipped plating almost makes it seem pretty, easier on the eye. Something about it gave her a sense of satisfaction, of peace. The desiccated tongue, however, radiated an entirely different sort of energy.

Strangely enough, the woman at the counter does not charge for it. Instead, she offers a cryptic statement. "Take it. I've no use for it now."

"Never could get rid of the thing."
    The teapot rings up easily. Affordable, for certain.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Orc in the Playground

Desiccated Tongue

Well, then, it seems Abi has just bought the teapot and the tongue, which she slips in her pocket and keeps her hand in. The teapot is wrapped up carefully to prevent breakages and she heads for home.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Grizzly Wear]

"Well first it was cultists trying to summon something into the world, and then it was a gang of dog-men who crushed my head but one of the weapons healed me. And then their boss shot me. I took his gun away and called Intersection on him. But uh, yeah."
    He sighs and puts both of the button-down shirts on his pile.
    "I think that I've had a rough enough week that I'd like to just get my wardrobe and where I'm living sorted out and figure out how to have fun now that I'm..." Giant? Strong? Shiny?
    "Oh and my name's G'nichi. I didn't mention it before." That's silly of him.
    [Grizzly Wear]

"Don't know if I said, but I'm Adir. Nice to meet you, kid," Adir says, thrusting out a hand at the end of one ropey arm. "Anyone who beats up thugs and cultists is the kind of guy I don't mind knowing." He quirks up a little smile for the younger man. He really seemed like he could use a friend. "...Wait, you don't have a place to live sorted?" Adir's eyebrows level. "...Are you homeless?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

G’nichi grins.
    ”Well I did say, but my name is G’nichi in case you forgot.
    And Uh no. But like I said, my people are...small. I have a nice place but it’s...it’s a little more than snug, now. I’ll go nuts if I have to crouch just to get around my own living room.”
    And this morning he still had huge wings. They got caught on any doorway his head didn’t.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #789

[Grizzly Wear]

Adir snaps his fingers. "Say, I've got an idea! Ya ever hear of GLoG? I think they put up homeless folks sometimes. Especially," he coughs politely, "The younger sort. My wife does some charitable work over there. We could go over and see about getting you somewhere a little more spacious for a while. A doer of good and a young man in need? They'll be falling all over themselves to help you out."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

G’nichi seems unsure.
    ”But I do have a place. It doesn’t feel right to take charity meant for the homeless when I do have a home. That seems so...disingenuous.”
    G’nichi can’t go around lying like that! It’s not the right thing to do!

11. - Top - End - #791
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra arrives at Mallside, wearing an outfit that's...not typical for her. A short, black skirt, with red thigh-high stockings, red suspenders over a black T-shirt that's been knotted to show off her mid-riff and chest, and red, arm-length finger-less gloves. She's wearing quite high red heels, though they're not quite stillettos. Her hair is pulled back into a high ponytail, but she's left some bangs loose. Her expression remains neutral as she takes up a position near the entrance, watching for Fayyaad. She and the tiefling had agreed to meet and hang out for awhile, a welcome distraction from the worry that's plagued her of late.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra won't need to wait long, because Fayyaad appears soon. The tiefling is wearing a sleeveless turtleneck shirt with a pair of plain, loose trousers. There's a bag on his shoulder.

"Good to see you, Electra. You sounded like you could use some cheering up last time we spoke. So, here we are."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #793

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra's expression doesn't change for a moment, before she sweeps Fayyaad up into a quick, fierce hug. After a moment, she pulls back, and gives him a shaky smile. From under her bangs, he can see the worry in her eyes.

"I'm glad you were able to make some time for me. It's....it's been....stressful." She says, but then nods curiously towards the bad. "What's the bag for?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad hugs Electra back with gusto.

"I know things have been that way, which is why I'm here to take your mind off it. As is my solemn duty." He manages to sound almost solemn. "The bag is just for my personal effects. And maybe what we buy here today. Which means..." He pauses dramatically. "Dancing outfits."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-09-10 at 01:06 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #795

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra raises an eyebrow, but her smile remains.

"What sort of dancing?"

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Do you remember our sojourn to the Hunting Grounds with Tina?" Fayyaad asks. It was a memorable one, for sure. "I gave you all a demonstration. But I didn't have the right outfit for it and I still don't. Time to change that, wouldn't you say?"

17. - Top - End - #797

[Grizzly Wear]

G’nichi seems unsure.
    ”But I do have a place. It doesn’t feel right to take charity meant for the homeless when I do have a home. That seems so...disingenuous.”
    G’nichi can’t go around lying like that! It’s not the right thing to do!
    [Grizzly Wear]

"Come on, they have more than one empty cabin. Ya got a good heart, G'nichi, but I'm pretty sure they could fit one more kid who's just outgrown his apartment. How... bad is it, exactly? Can ya sleep on your own bed? Uh, get in the door? That kind of thing? Don't be embarrassed, I went through almost the exact same thing."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-09-11 at 10:06 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grizzly Wear]

"I can get in the door if I stoop and go sideways. My bed well...I can kind of do it if I curl up a bit. I was...only about four feet tall before. And very skinny. So uh." He moves his arm forward, feeling the movement of the muscles in it and his chest. The muscles that make fitting into things much more difficult. He's gotten broader as much as he has taller, albeit figuratively.
    "It's not great, but I can also get a temporary mattress to sleep in. The ceilings were somewhat high so I can sit in peace in plenty of spots. But I wouldn't be doing any proper exercises there even if I knew how." He certainly isn't fitting any big weights in there.

19. - Top - End - #799

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra nods in response to Fayyaad's first question, blushing slightly. It was indeed a quite memorable night.

"I would say so, yes. I'm not sure what the traditional outfit for that would be, but if you have an idea of where to start, I can give you my opinion, at least."

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"There are some traditional costumes, but we need not care about tradition," Fayyaad says as he leads Electra down a corridor. "It needs to be flashy, first and foremost. And... well, how revealing it is really depends on the mood I want to set."

21. - Top - End - #801

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra allows herself to be led, still blushing slightly, but with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Maybe you should start with the lower half, then? I don't know; it feels like you might find something you can use for a number of different moods with one or two sets of bottoms, and then just change your top to accomodate?"

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"That does sound like a good start." Fayyaad leads the way into a clothes store. "So I think one of them should be safer and the other one... a bit daring." He picks up a pair of trousers with a number of gaps in them. "...this seems to belong to the latter category."

23. - Top - End - #803

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra eyes the trousers Fayyaad holds up, considering for a moment.

"Hang onto those, you should probably try them on." She rifles through the rack for a moment, and comes up with a pair with wide, flared legs in a garish purple color. "Is this sort of what you had in mind in terms of traditional?"

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"That's more or less the style, yes." Fayyaad eyes the trousers. "But this shade of purple probably isn't my color."

25. - Top - End - #805

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra puts the hanger aside and looks through that section of the rack again. She comes up with a similar pair, but in a golden material instead.

"I dunno, this seems a bit flashy....but it's better than the purple, I think. What do you think?"

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"It's worth trying out." Fayyaad nods. "Orange, red and gold is probably our best bet. Let me try it out." He takes the pair and goes over to the dressing rooms. When he emerges, he makes a dance-like twirl to show off. The trousers do seem to fit him well... or maybe he's just one of the people who make anything look good by wearing it. He's still wearing the shirt he came in with. "What do you think?"

27. - Top - End - #807

[Grizzly Wear]

"I can get in the door if I stoop and go sideways. My bed well...I can kind of do it if I curl up a bit. I was...only about four feet tall before. And very skinny. So uh." He moves his arm forward, feeling the movement of the muscles in it and his chest. The muscles that make fitting into things much more difficult. He's gotten broader as much as he has taller, albeit figuratively.
    "It's not great, but I can also get a temporary mattress to sleep in. The ceilings were somewhat high so I can sit in peace in plenty of spots. But I wouldn't be doing any proper exercises there even if I knew how." He certainly isn't fitting any big weights in there.
    [Grizzly Wear]

"Well, look, the offer's still open. Here, hang on a second," Adir takes something out that looks like a shopping list and scribbles on a new page. He rips it off and gives it to G'nichi. "In case you change your mind or you wreck the place with those horns of yours. And if you need any other kind of help. Maybe don't take on all the nasties by yourself, huh?" Adir smiles.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #808

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra watches as Fayyaad comes out and twirls, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"I think they work, but you definitely need a different shirt to go along with them," she says after a moment. "What sort of shirt would be more traditional? I can think of a few things that might work, but....I'm not sure which we should be looking for."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"No shirt is always an option," Fayyaad says playfully as he takes it off and throws it over his shoulder. "But yes, I definitely need a different one for performing. There are many styles. Some sleeveless, some with long and flowy sleeves. But since I use pyromancy when dancing, it's best to avoid long pieces of fabric trailing behind me."

30. - Top - End - #810

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Would a vest be too far off?" Electra asks. She suspects it wouldn't be, but isn't sure, if her tone is any indication. "I thought I saw something in a red on a rack a little bit ago, but...."