New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Shopping for Trouble]

"I think a vest would do just fine. And red is my color," Fayyaad says. "It'd make for a less-scandalous dancing outfit."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Let me see if I can find it again, then. Back in a flash!" Electra says with a smile, before quickly moving to one of the racks with shirts on them. She thumbs through it for a few moments, pulling out a red vest, but something else catches her eye as well. When she comes back, she's carrying two hangars over her shoulder.

"I found a vest....and something else that might work, too!" She holds up the vest, a fairly plain red affair with gold buttons. Then she holds up the other hangar. It's a button-up short sleeve shirt, black, but with a flame pattern that starts at the hem and works its way upwards, the flames stopping just before they reach the shoulders. Even the hems of the sleeves have little flames licking up them.

"What do you think?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Grizzly Wear]

"Well, look, the offer's still open. Here, hang on a second," Adir takes something out that looks like a shopping list and scribbles on a new page. He rips it off and gives it to G'nichi. "In case you change your mind or you wreck the place with those horns of yours. And if you need any other kind of help. Maybe don't take on all the nasties by yourself, huh?" Adir smiles.
    [Grizzly Wear]

G'nichi accepts the note.
    "Oh, leaving already? Uh, well thank you. I think I might need a gym buddy." he says in the kind of way kids do when they're trying to be funny but are entirely serious.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Hmm." Fayyaad studies both items of clothing carefully. Finally, he picks the shirt with a flame pattern. He puts it on, but only buttons it up halfway. "A fire theme suits me, obviously. And I think buttoning it up halfway gives it a dashing look."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

Some time after talking to Adir and buying a large bag of XL clothes, G'nichi leaves Grizzly Wear, now dressed in jeans and a mostly-buttoned green shirt and carrying his large shopping bag. The bronze-silver dragonborn-ish teen seems to be in good spirits, now that he's gotten someone to talk to and clothes that aren't incredibly ill-suited for the weather.
    (closed)

6. - Top - End - #816
    Halfling in the Playground

[Concourse]

Just outside Grizzly Wear, a man with black hair, fading to a pale grey at the tips, is leaning against the wall. He is similarly carrying a bag full of clothes and seems to have put on a freshly-purchased outfit of loosely fitting jeans and a shirt, with a jacket flipped over his shoulder. A haze of faintly pinkish smoke floats around him from a lit cigarette in his mouth.

Upon seeing G'nichi, he raises an eyebrow. "Seems I ain't the only one who's been needing a wardrobe change."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi does his best to look nonchalant as he nods. His claws click on the tiles outside the floor.
    "It happens sometimes when you get bigger." he pauses for a moment.
    "Uh, I'm not sure if smoking is allowed indoors here, you know." he observes.

8. - Top - End - #818

[Concourse]

"Hah!" Atreyu gives a short, barking laugh, "I hear you on that one, kid. Getting bigger is a killer fer clothes!" He pauses and turns away to puff out a fresh burst of smoke. If G'nichi gets close enough to get a whiff of it, it has a rather herbal aroma and a strange slightly happiness-inducing effect. "Well, it's pretty new to the place, mind, but what I'm smoking ain't on the banned list. I reckon folk might ban it on principle at some point, but my poison ain't poison."

Well. That's an explanation of sorts.

"Name's Atreyu, a fellow size-changing, clothes-breaking sort."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi shakes his head clear of the smoke. He's surprised at its not-unpleasant odor. And a bit worried. He should make sure he doesn't get into any strange off-world substances when he's just gotten himself out of trouble.
    "Oh, well I'm G'nichi. But with any luck I won't be changing size again anytime soon. It's been quite the bother." he admits sheepishly. So this man must be a shapeshifting sort? Quite the powerset to have.
    Of course, everyone knows dragons can shift. Maybe it's something he can pick up one day?

10. - Top - End - #820

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra studies the outfit in silence for a few moments, considering, one hand on her chin, finger tapping her cheek lightly.

"It does, but I feel as though there's something missing yet...." she says, continuing to think. "Is there anything else you need or use with this outfit, in a traditional sense?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"I don't need anything, strictly speaking." Fayyaad twirls around in a dance-like move again to show off what the outfit looks from every angle. "So anything you think this outfit still needs would be fine."

12. - Top - End - #822

[Concourse]

"Kid." Atreyu sighs and snuffs his cigarette out. "If the smoke's bothering you, all you gotta do is ask. I smoke it wherever because I know it ain't gonna do any folks any harm, but I'd be a damn poor excuse fer a gent if I kept doin' it when it's making someone uncomfortable. Y'understand?" His tone of voice isn't harsh, but there's a certain firmness to it. The sort of voice that seems like it'd command a degree of respect. "I know some folk out there can be a bit snappy, but I reckon you'll find most folk are reasonable enough if you treat 'em right. I ain't gonna bite. Not like this, anyways." He remarks with a chuckle.

He takes a step towards G'nichi and looks him up and down, "Well, if yer only gonna change shape once, you coulda done a lot worse, I'd say. Now how'd that come about, if y'don't mind me askin'?"

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

"Oh. Sorry, then." G'nichi mumbles. Which probably doesn't really help.
    "Well, a friend of mine knew I was a bit sensitive about my lack of size and strength so they recommended me an alchemist friend who made a potion that made me look however I wanted. I got a little distracted and things went a bit off from what I was expecting but I don't think it went anywhere close to badly." Really the biggest problem were the wings he initially had, but Zee was nice enough to magic them away so he doesn't get caught on every single doorframe.

14. - Top - End - #824

[Concourse]

"Kid, there's no need fer 'pologies. Y'ain't caused any offence." Atreyu remarks, his tone softening. "I dunno if taking the easy way to getting big and bulky is fer the best, mind, but the most important thing is that yer happy with yerself." Not that he knows what G'nichi looked like before. He might be underestimating the degree of change that he went through.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi provides a very sheepish grin.
    "Well, I tried a few other things the day before and they all resulted in a significant amount of violence to my person. So I think that getting some results instead of remaining three feet tall and needing four years of exercise was a bit worth it for the trauma."
    Because if you're going to get a lethal amount of blunt-force trauma and a gunshot wound, it's nice to get something for it in the end.

16. - Top - End - #826

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra contemplates for a moment, then holds up a finger again.

"I have an idea, but....give me a moment; I'm not sure what they have here," she says, before heading into the jewelry section. She moves between a couple of different diplays, before coming back with a few different things in hand. She turns away for a moment, and makes a few quick movements with her hands, before turning back to Fayyaad. In her hands are three gold bands, adorned with polished red gemstones, linked by three thin, loose gold chains.

"I thought maybe your tail could use some adornment....what do you think?"

17. - Top - End - #827

[Concourse]

Atreyu blinks and tilts his head, "...Reckon I owe you an apology then. Sounds like it ain't been easy at all. I hope y'feel it has been worth all the trouble, then."

Whatever G'nichi has gone through, it doesn't sound fun.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G’nichi chuckles.
    ”It’s no trouble. Honestly I just started shopping. I need a whole new wardrobe. And I admit I’m still trying to figure out what will look good with all this.” he looks down at himself.
    ”I did run into some gym dogs that just went around in shorts and such but I don’t know, I think going around shirtless would make me look pompous.” He wouldn’t mind showing off what he earned, but he doesn’t want to seem egotistical.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad's eyebrows shoot up as he looks at the rings.

"Tail jewellery? I'm familiar with it, but I haven't worn any in some time. They're extravagant, but they'd definitely add some flair into my dancing, when I swirl my tail around. As long as they can be removed quickly and easily when they need to."

20. - Top - End - #830

[Concourse]

Atreyu rubs his chin and peers at G'nichi. "Kid, what makes y'think y'don't look good right now as y'are?" He asks, after a lengthy pause. "Now don't get me wrong, a guy dressed all smart-like in a tux is always gonna look a sight more impressive than some fella looking all dishevelled-like, but a lotta it ain't the clothes. Hells, a lotta it ain't even about yer looks. Which ain't to say you should be any less proud of how y'look, mind."

He shrugs and starts walking, motioning for G'nichi to follow him. "Naw, the biggest single thing is confidence. Now the two go hand in hand a lotta the time. If y'like how y'look, it's much easier to feel confident in yerself, right? Now mind I said confidence, not arrogance, 'cos yer damn right. Wanderin' around here shirtless would come off as pompous fer sure."

And of course, G'nichi should remind himself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer...

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

"Well, I just meant that I think certain styles wouldn't suit me. I'm not the kind of person into puffy sleeves and ruffles." That's more of a human thing in his experience.
    "So I do think that I look good. I've always dreamed of having a body like this and doing some heroics!" he says, a dreamy look in his eyes. "But yes, I don't want to seem like those arrogant sorts who go around putting people down and thinking they're better than everyone else because they're strong." Because Bahamut knows he's run into those kinds of hooligans before.

22. - Top - End - #832

[Concourse]

Atreyu's eyes narrow very slightly at the dreamy look. That's a dangerous look right there, the look of someone going to do something foolish.

Maybe not immediately, but-

Well, it sounds like he's already done some dangerous and careless things to get the body he has now.

"Kid, y'been dreaming about this fer long?" He asks, tilting his head slightly. "How old are ya, anyways?"

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi looks exactly as embarrassed as when Adir asked.
    "I'm sixteen. That's our adult age. Well for how I was born anyway. And only for a decade. You know, since I was a little kid seeing the Paladins at the temple." he shrugs. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

24. - Top - End - #834

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra raises an eyebrow again, looking a bit puzzled.

"What do you mean? I'd think you'd have more trouble keeping them on if you're doing a lot of acrobatics."

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad chuckles.

"They shouldn't be easily detached for the dancing, but for after dancing." He winks, the implication being rather clear. "It might lead to a situation where such items would be inconvenient."

26. - Top - End - #836

[Concourse]

"Hmm." Atreyu sniffs faintly at the mention of paladins. He's not the most fond of those overly orderly types. Though it is still quite a mild response, so he can't dislike them that much.

"Then I reckon you oughta be aware that folks go through a lotta training to become paladins, right? I suspect most of 'em probably start training fer it at a younger age than you are now. Ain''t much good trying to be a hero without a lot of training. A fit body don't count fer much on its own."

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

G’nichi nods. He is starting to get a tiny bit annoyed at people treating him like he’s a toddler.
    ”I am aware, yes. I never trained for it before because I was so small even with a sword I’d be about as threatening to evildoers as a mid-sized dog. And now that I’ve solved that I can start actually training. Besides, I have these.” He gestures at a gold bracelet on one arm.
    ”The Celestial Arms can help me catch up. But they’re not really reliable, which is why I need something on the side that is reliable. Also why I’ve spent my time after meeting my goal relaxing, buying clothes, and maybe finding a date or something fun. I know it’ll be quite the dive once I commit to all of it.”

28. - Top - End - #838

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra smiles, a bit distractedly, and blushes slightly.

"Oh...I, uh,....wasn't considering that," she says, the blush deepening a little. "But...I dunno, maybe if you try them on, you can see how easily they'd come off?"

29. - Top - End - #839

[Concourse]

"Sorry Kid. I've seen that starry-eyed look in folks eyes before. Ends in disaster all too often. Often enough to make a fella a touch paranoid when he sees it in someone else's eyes. If y'say y'mean to do things proper-like, then I believe you." Atreyu lets out a sigh and reaches into his pocket to roll up another light, then pauses and frowns as he remembers G'nichi's reaction.

Never mind. He can have one later.

"Y'got me curious about your thingies though. Y'say they'll help speed up training, but they ain't reliable? Sounds kinda odd to me." The comment about finding a date goes unaddressed, for now at least.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

"Well, bound to the bracelet are a number of magical weapons. They each have their own spirit. Most of them are very powerful, and some of them are very helpful when it comes to giving advice or helping me when my lack of training gets in the way. That would be how I slew that big monster but uh-" he trails off.
    "I've also had a few be decidedly unhelpful, untalkative, or just dumb. So. Mixed bag." He'd rather not show Atreyu since he can't stow the weapons once summoned and he doesn't want to carry them around.