New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #871
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Concourse

G’nichi kind of stares. What is- Is Atreyu talking about-
    ”Um. Yes, well, it’s unfortunate that we can’t visit your home. We’ll just have to find something else for me to do. Uh, what were you up to anyway? Just having your smoke and heading home?” Yes, flawless change of the subject.
    [Concourse]

Atreyu shrugs, "Ain't much of a plan by way of what I'm doing. Smokes are more somethin' of a constant thing fer me, anyways." He remarks with a chuckle. "Here's an idea though. I may not have much to offer in supportin' you findin' a date, but I reckon there's plenty of useful things to know outside of combat fer the adventuring life. I got plenty of time on my hands at the moment. If'n yer interested, I reckon we could do somethin' to get you a bit of experience in that field, n' maybe that'll give you some practice putting yer muscles to use, too."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Concourse

Hmm. Perhaps G'nichi is being too trusting. But he can't help but feel like he doesn't have anything to worry about from this fellow, even if they did just meet.
    "Oh, well that sounds rather pleasant. Though I feel like both of us might want to drop off our luggage before we go anywhere." the big bags of clothes would be a bit to lug around, wouldn't they?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad's eyes sweep over the sleeves. Very interesting indeed... Electra has a good eye.

"The cloudy one seems interesting... the black is a little too flashy, I think. I'd rather keep it subtle and handle being eye-catching myself," he adds with a smile.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra holds out the sleeves with the roiling clouds on them.

"Do you want to ask if they could maybe customize the colors? Something like this is probably magic; it might not take them much to tweak it."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad peers closely at the sleevesl

"Perhaps they can, but I feel like it's fine as it is. This kind of color goes well with many others. The cloud motif, too. You have a good eye, Electra. I knew it was a good idea to ask you for advice on this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #876

[Concourse]

"Aye, I reckon so, kid. If'n yer interested, we'll make a plan fer it a little ways down the line." Atreyu smiles and adjusts his grip on his bag, "I'll make sure yer prepped for everything you'll need for whatever we do. Sound good?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

[Concourse]

G'nichi's tail thumps against the floor for a moment. His face certainly seems enthusiastic about the prospect of doing outdoorsy stuff with his cool new friend.
    "Oh, yes. Completely. Just give me a call, and I'll see you!"
    Presumably they exchange phone numbers. Hopefully Atreyu has figured out what a phone is at all.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #878

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra smiles gently, then holds out the pair of pants the Fayyaad picked out earlier.

"I'm glad to help! Did you want to try these on, too?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad nods and takes the other pair. He emerges a moment later, wearing the gap-filled trousers. He strikes a somewhat overdramatic pose in them. They're certainly rather revealing, if still meeting standards of modesty. They show off Fayyaad's legs rather nicely.

"Well then. These are also something I'd only wear in select company. But I can think of a few people I'd count into this category."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-11-03 at 06:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra eyes him, and gives a sultry smile.

"I do hope I'm in that category," she teases, before turning a bit more practical once more. "But do you think they're enough by themselves?"

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad looks himself over.

"If I wear them with the sleeves, some jewellery and maybe a stylish scarf, yes. The key is to adorn without covering much. And don't worry, you certainly belong to the category. I think I'll even give you a private dance for being so helpful."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-11-07 at 12:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #882

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra's smile keeps that bit of sultry to it, but her voice takes on a practical tone.

"Hmmm, I'll hold you to that, then. But a scarf might give you an air of mystery....." She considers for a moment, then looks around for a few more, but looks disappointed when she looks back to him

"I'm not really seeing much like that here. Did you happen to see anything the racks earlier?"

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"I've got some scarves at home that I think might work," Fayyaad says after a moment's thought. "I'm already buying two pairs or trousers and a vest... best not to get carried away."

14. - Top - End - #884

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

"Well, and you said you liked those sleeves, too," Electra agrees. "Was there anything else you wanted to buy here?"

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad takes one more look around the store.

"I think that's it for me. Unless you'd like my advice on something yourself, we could go home so I can try these out for your benefit."

[Cafe]

A few days after the memorable karaoke night, Div and Batu are having a date in one of Mallside's many cafes. As Batu prattles on, he remembers the aforementioned event.

"I'm glad Jim was so cool about the karaoke thing. I can't believe I didn't know he and Syela had broken up. Still a shame we couldn't make it a proper double date."

16. - Top - End - #886

[Cafe]

Div is quietly nursing some elaborate sugar infused draught that only barely contains a semblance of coffee. He nods appreciatively as Batu prattles on, seemingly happy to listen.

"Well, I guess that's just not the first thing people bring up when they have the chance," Div admits, placing his cup down with a clink. "...Maybe we could help him make the next one a double?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

[Cafe]

Batu blinks, surprised. His train of thought, normally rambling along freely, is interrupted for a moment. But there's something to this idea...

"You mean we could find a girl to go on a date with him?"

18. - Top - End - #888

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra gives Fayyaad a seductive smile.

"I can't think of anything, but....maybe you've seen something you'd like to see me in?"

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad takes a look around the store. There's a lot he'd like to see Electra in, certainly. She makes most clothes look good just by wearing them. But is there anything here that would show off her best qualities? Deep in thought, he makes his way quickly between two racks. He returns with a rather short tube top, that on Electra would end just below her bust and expose her stomach, and a long skirt with a deep cut. The top is dark blue and the skirt is teal.

"This, maybe? The dress is longer than what you normally wear, but should show off your leg nicely."

20. - Top - End - #890

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra considers the clothes for a moment, then retreats into the fitting room, emerging after a few minutes. She twirls for Fayyaad for a moment, but looks a bit unsure.

"What do you think? I'm not sure about the color of this skirt, but I like the cut."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

Fayyaad admires Electra without any real subtlety, as he knows she likes to show off and be admired. He does consider other things aside from ogling, though.

"It'd be easy to get it in another color, but I think it goes with the top nicely. Makes for a bit of a contrast. And I'd say it all shows you off very well."

22. - Top - End - #892

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Teleportation =>]

Manja doesn't stop, but she does start to get a little frustrated that the hand stays just out of reach of her mouth.

"Same thing, right?" Carlie replies.
    She steps into the portal, and presses the button, and zoops to Mallside.
    [=> Mallside]

Carlie, a bunnygirl, appears from the teleporter and moves out of the way. She's carrying a couple baby bags.
    "So, was there anything particular you wanted to look at?" she asks.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

"I suppose so..." Comes the reply as they get into the teleporter.

Carlie's followed by a vampire schoolgirl police elf, carrying Carlie's child. It's Annaliese! She knows that crying is soon to follow once a baby gets frustrated, and concedes by letting Manja's hands play with her mouth until she gets bored.

Here's hoping that any flashing lights in Mallside catch her attention better than Annaliese's mouth!

"Let's look at some clothes, for starters. Some pretty schoolgirl outfits for me, and some suits as well. I need visual material after my latest powerup." She grins, with those teeth on display. "I'm no longer limited to human forms, Harl!" She says, once she's sure no one's listening.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #894

[Shopping Shifters]

Of course, as soon as Manja discovers that there's nothing interesting in the mouth and the teeth aren't actually all that interesting, gets bored of it and starts looking around as much as she can without moving her head.

She didn't really know about that human-only limitation in the first place, so...having that limitation released isn't quite as remarkable to her as it is to Annaliese. "Oh. Congratulations," she says. She looks around for some different shops. "So have you already picked out some shops to go to?" she asks.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #895

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra blushes somewhat, but still looks unsure for a moment, before nodding.

"It does look nice." She eyes Fayyaad for a moment, then smiles gently. "I need a few more skirts. I think I'd like to get more used to wearing them."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

[Shopping for Trouble]

"There's a plan I can support." Fayyaad smiles. "And this one is a good start. Do you also want some shorter ones? A very short skirt can be daring, but impressive."

27. - Top - End - #897
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Shopping Shifters]

Of course, as soon as Manja discovers that there's nothing interesting in the mouth and the teeth aren't actually all that interesting, gets bored of it and starts looking around as much as she can without moving her head.

She didn't really know about that human-only limitation in the first place, so...having that limitation released isn't quite as remarkable to her as it is to Annaliese. "Oh. Congratulations," she says. She looks around for some different shops. "So have you already picked out some shops to go to?" she asks.
    [Shopping Shifters]

Once Manja gets bored and starts looking around, Annaliese repositions the baby so that she can look around to her hearts content more easily.

"Just 'congratulations', Harl?" It's 'Harl' with Shuyoru behaviour when no one can see, and only then. When that changes, it becomes 'Carlie' with the 'right proper stodgy vampire'. "I can be anything, now! I could even be a cute little monster to entertain Manja here. Ve should celebrate vith a party!"

They did come here for shopping, though, so Annaliese points to a nearby shop called "Dreamland Wardrobe". "Zat one, for starters. Also, Krystal Boutique and Suits Extraordinarie, to mention a few. Ve can even buy some burgers to eat vhile ve vindow-shop."
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #898

NinjaGuy

[Shopping for Trouble]

Electra nods.

"The one I came in is one of the few I have; most of the others are on dresses. Having a few separate might be a good idea." She looks around for a moment, then blushes slightly. "Did you think the stockings I had on were a bit too much? Or did they help?"

29. - Top - End - #899

[Shopping Shifters]

"What would you have me say instead?" Carlie asks, with a shrug. "I don't know about enough about how yours works to know how big an accomplishment that is."
    But,
    apparently,
    it's party-worthy.

So...
    Dreamland Wardrobe, huh?
    The bunnygirl looks at that shop. "The clothes there do look nice," she admits. She walks towards the store, and when they get close she motions to take Manja back, in order to free up Annaliese's hands. (Need to grab clothes to look at them, after all.)
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

"What I'd have you say, instead?" Annaliese momentarily mimicks Carlie's voice and accent. "How about 'Really, that's awesome, man! We should party to celebrate!'? And I'll go: 'yes, ve should!'"

As for how Shuyoru's shapeshifting works, in comparison to Harley's, the explanation comes as they head to Dreamland Wardrobe. "Used to be, I was stuck to human forms. Couldn't even make bunny ears. Also, I had to rely on expensive tech to not have to shop for clothes too much... y'know, like the Skrulls? I can afford it, but it's a hassle, yeah? Now I can be anything." A pause. "How does yours work?"

Once they get close enough that they have to start acting their parts (at least, in Shuyoru/Annaliese's case), the vampire girl returns the baby and clears her throat, before entering the store. "Guten tag, citizen. Ve are here to vindow-shop." Once her intentions are announced, she heads to a clothesrack full of schoolgirl outfits and starts feeling up a skirt. "Vat is your favourite colour, Miss Hopps?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-11-29 at 01:56 AM.
    Love is the message.