New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1210

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

[Shopping Shifters]

Obviously you need to be scared of monsters in the dark. Children who aren't scared of the dark are just naïve.

The baby looks at the things. She, of course, clumsily reaches out towards them.

Carlie just follows.
    "My favorite food is..." not fish, unfortunately. Or shrimp. Those things are really good, but sadly for some unexplained reason she's not a fan of them.
    "..."
    She thinks about it more.
    "Either cashew or passionfruit, probably. Not sure."

She pauses in place.
    "Wait, actually. Chocolate-covered strawberries." Definitively what she likes the most.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Marco points at things and chuckles as Manja attempts to reach out towards each thing. He of course doesn't let her touch anything she can grab, lest she ends up crying once anyone tries to pry it from her hands.

"Chocolate-covered strawberries? I've never had those, Titi... can we buy some? Uh? Can we, please?" He asks excitedly. Of course, he also answers the question... it's only fair, after all. "My favourite food is... carrots! Yes, I know..." He points to the rabbit ears sticking out of his head. "... but it's healthy, and I like the taste!"

He thinks about it a little more. "I like strawberries too, but I've never had chocolate-covered ones..."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #1023

[Shopping Shifters]

Over time, Manja's reach does seem to extend a little, but so long as she doesn't actually get to grab anything, then there should be no problem.

"I don't know where would be a good place to get them," Carlie says.
    She, of course, is doing her best to suppress her urge to roll her eyes. Carrots? Seriously? Well...rabbits do see it as some kind of occasional treat, so...it might not be too bad.
    She moves over and looks at something else. "Don't know too many of the stores around here, y'know." The blood bank, the MagMart, and the other places that she's been to.

"If we're lucky, I guess,"
    she says, "we might find a place that has them."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Marco picks up on this and takes a single step backwards, distracting her by pointing out some shiny lights on display. Thankfully, said display has a number of different lights shining an intricate pattern, so there's quite a lot for Manja to stare back and forth at.

"Let's, after we leave! I can't wait to try it!" He responds excitedly, while looking at Manja's cute baby behaviour. "Should we look around more, or go and pay for the stuff?" He asks, leaving it up to her.
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #1025

[Shopping Shifters]

Manja, of course, tries to grab the light.
    She is, then, disappointed when she realizes there's no longer light in her hands when she opens them again.
    It makes her a little sad.

"Just the cashier, I guess," Carlie says. She goes straight there. "Already nearing my budget's limit." She pays for the toy rocket.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Shopping Shifters]

Manja, of course, tries to grab the light.
    She is, then, disappointed when she realizes there's no longer light in her hands when she opens them again.
    It makes her a little sad.

"Just the cashier, I guess," Carlie says. She goes straight there. "Already nearing my budget's limit." She pays for the toy rocket.
    [Shopping Shifters]

Marco kisses her on the forehead in order to calm her down. It probably won't do much, but the sensation should be better than that of realizing the light won't behave as she wants to.

He follows his 'Auntie' to the cashier whilst carrying her baby, making sure to bounce and rock gently so she'd enjoy the trip. "Sorry, Titi Carlie..." He says somewhat apologetically, knowing he played a part in the draining of her budget.

Once they get to the cashier, however, he takes the initiative. "Hola, cashier! Isn't baby cute? Say hi, Manja!" He then produces the rocket his Aunt got for him, and the rattle he got for Manja. "We're here to pay!"
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #1027

[Shopping Shifters]

Ha! You fell for my trap! the baby probably claims, as she lets out a battle cry. By getting frustrated, she drew in those lips towards her and she basically already knew what was going to happen. So, she ineffectually claws in the direction of the kiss.

After it's all paid for, the bunnygirl leaves the MagMart.
    She's a little at a loss of what to do next.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-03-20 at 08:04 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Shopping Shifters]

Ha! You fell for my trap! the baby probably claims, as she lets out a battle cry. By getting frustrated, she drew in those lips towards her and she basically already knew what was going to happen. So, she ineffectually claws in the direction of the kiss.

After it's all paid for, the bunnygirl leaves the MagMart.
    She's a little at a loss of what to do next.
    [Shopping Shifters]

Marco successfully kisses Manja's forehead, and gets an ineffectual clawing of his cheek for his trouble. "Aww, she wants more!" He gives her a couple of other forehead kisses. "Don't worry, little cousin: I'll give you all the head pecks you want!" That's what she meant by the swipe, right?

The bunnyboy follows his 'Aunt', baby catgirl in hand. "Are the chocolate-covered strawberries expensive, Titi? If they're cheap, I could buy for us... as thanks for such a fun day!" He turns to gently squeeze Manja's cheeks. "Oh, this has been such fun, meeting my darling Titi! I wish I could follow you home, spend the night..." His ears droop a little. "... be loved..."
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #1029

[Shopping Shifters]

You fool! You have just given Manja more opportunities to strike back!
    The baby keeps on swiping at him, and when it doesn't give her the result that she wanted, she starts to sound more and more upset.

"I think they're expensive," Carlie says, especially because you can get strawberries and chocolate separate for cheaper and then make it yourself. It's like stores put a large surcharge on convenience.

"Unfortunstely, there's no space at my place for anyone else," Carlie claims. "I bet Inside has some programs for housing or ehatever, though."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Marco is none the wiser, and thus finds her 'cheek pats' adorable. That is, until she starts sounding more upset. "Aww, don't be sad, little cousin." He says, giving her his finger to clutch onto. She liked that last time, right? Perhaps it'll calm her down!

"We can get the ingredients and make it ourselves, then!" Marco announces, all proud of himself and everything. "Much cheaper, ey?"

When told there's no room for anyone else, he gets sad. It means he won't be able to spend the night with his newfound Aunt, which sucks! "Aww... drat. Well, maybe I'll have to rely on the boss... Miss Schmidt offered me a job as an intern. A good way to get pocket money, and she can help us stay in contact!" This kid doesn't stay down for long, does he?

But then, with a cute catgirl baby in his arm, why'd he remain sad?
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #1031

[Shopping Shifters]

Manja reluctantly grabs onto his finger and tries to pull it around. Being a baby, she probably doesn't pull it very far.

There is only one major problem with that idea. "Where would we make it?" That is the problem with...well, lots of things. Don't have a space to make things.

Carlie keeps on walking with no idea where they're going. She seriously hopes he's not just following her, because then they'd get to nowhere fast.

"So what do you do, anyway, as an intern?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Marco moves his hands a bit so she'll feel like she's pulling it around successfully. "I didn't think of that... maybe I'll make some for next time!" He declares happily. "It'll be a gift for giving me such a good day! I got to meet my cousin, too!"

He points in a direction. "Let's go, Titi!" It's towards the direction they originally started at. "I only had a limited time before going back, and I thought I could get away if I could spend the night with you, but..." His ears begin to droop again, but he shrugs and continues, quickly making them stand up once more, in case Manja gets the idea to pull at his rabbit ears.

"What I do... I assist... like a secretary or something, ey? Or servant. She does treat me well, despite her... bossy nature." He shrugs and smiles down at Manja. "It's a way to earn some money for stuff, ey? Plus, I get to learn about forensics, and she led me to you!"
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #1033

[Shopping Shifters]

Manja starts to be a bit more agreeable, now that things are going her way.

"Yeah, maybe," Carlie says.
    She follows.

It's actually a good thing that his ears go back up! The baby loses interest in his finger and reaches towards the ears, since they look so interesting. She reaches up at them, intent on still grabbing them even though they moved away. The only problem is that there's two ears! She doesn't know which one she should reach towards, so she reaches at both.

"Sounds interesting," Carlie says. "Forensics is pretty interesting. I've done a lot of it before, it's very helpful."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Sorry, Manja, but those ears aren't coming back down for you to try yanking off Marco's head. Besides, he needs those for balance and hearing! She'll just have to settle for looking at them.

"Coolio! You can help me out with stuff then, Titi Carlie! We can use it to bond further!" He sounds pleased at the prospect of hanging out with his Aunt more. Unfortunately, it wouldn't involve Manja... but then that's good, lest she gets her mitts on things she shouldn't be touching. "That gives me even more of a desire to focus on it, ey? Knowing I can do stuff with you in the field!"

He looks down at Manja and sticks his tongue out, rolling it for her to see. Hopefully, she doesn't take it as a cue to touch it.

As they near where they started, he slows down his walking speed, wanting to delay until he absolutely can't anymore. "Miss Schmidt pays me well, so I can buy little things for Manja." As well-paid as a teenage intern can be, anyway.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #1035

[Shopping Shifters]

Manja obviously disagrees.
    You don't need ears for balance and hearing. The only purpose of ears is to be grabbed and touched. Why else would they be so noticeable?
    Plus! Tongues! The only thing more grabbable than ears.
    When he sticks his tongue out at her, her attention shifts and both her hands start to go after the tongue.

Carlie, noticing that Manja is becoming increasingly grabby, reaches out to take Manja back. "No, you shouldn't grab people's faces," she tells the baby.

After Carlie manages to clam down Manja's arms and keep her from grabbing and take her back, she says, "Yeah." Unfortunately, babies suck a lot of attention. "Yeah, maybe." So there isn't really much she can think of saying. Babies are like attention black holes, just sucking it all up towards them and distracting people - especially people like Carlie.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

"She's very grabby, ey?" Marco chuckles boyishly as he hands over the handful back to her mother.

Uncharacteristically for Marco, the talkative boy remains quiet for a bit so she can focus more on controlling Manja, and just to enjoy the company without any words.

"When can I see you again, Titi?" He asks, as serious as he can muster.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #1037

[Shopping Shifters]

"Yeah, you are," Carlie says to the baby, holding her up in front of herself. "Aren't you?"

She brings Manja back to a position where the baby can see what's going on around, to let her be distracted by all the things going on.

"I don't know," she then responds to Marco. "I don't go out often. Maybe whenever, I guess."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

"Works for me, I guess." Marco shrugs, obviously saddened by the notion that there won't be a specific time next, but also glad and hopeful for whatever the future might bring. "I figure, if I could finally find you, I could do it again? Assuming the boss lets me, that is."

They get to their original location, and Marco stops walking forward.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #1039

[Shopping Shifters]

Carlie kept on walking for a bit, but upon realizing that the bun-guy isn't continuing, she stops and turns around.

"Yeah," she says. "Probably could. Make sure you work hard, then."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Marco gives Carlie a hug, as much as he's able to without disrupting her carrying of Manja. Though, he's probably at a position to get his ear grabbed by the waiting baby's fists, which he'll have to pull off. He gives Manja some goodbyes too, pecking her nose and gently tugging at her cheeks.

"This has been awesome, Auntie... I guess, I'll be going now. Any longer and the boss might start complaining." He's hesitant to leave, but has to, and he'll do so after listening to whatever she has to say. They'll need to ensure they both have the right items, exchanging as necessary, though.

Then Annaliese returns, wearing the skirt bought for her by Carlie. "Hi zere, I trust it vent vell?"
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #1041

[Shopping Shifters]

Nah, the baby has grown disinterested in ears. Cheeks and noses are the new hottest thing right now, so that's what Manja reaches at. Especially since it's just revenge for what he did to her nose and cheeks.

"Yeah, 'til later," Carlie says, giving her dismissals and exchanging items. "Make sure you work hard."

With Annaliese back, Carlie shrugs."Yeah, it went about as well as could be expected," she says.

After that shrug, she needs to readjust Manja in her arms. Not to mention the shopping bags, too.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shopping Shifters]

Thus, before leaving, Marco gets a lot of cheek and nose squeezes.

Once Annaliese is back, she merely nods at that answer. "I see... he'll need to vork hard to get more chances to see you again, but he vill get the chance. Eventually." She does reach to help Carlie however, holding bags whilst Manja is readjusted, even though she'd very much pefer to carry her again. No matter, she can coo at the baby from here.

"I vill escort you back to the teleporter, Harl. Let's meet up in our true forms sometime, just you und I." She suggests, for their next shifter's outing. "I got an errand to attend to, for now." I.e. getting Requiem her rabbit-girl body.
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #1043

[Shopping Shifters]

Carlie hadn't really thought about it before today, but after seeing Manja being held by someone else, she decided that it is potentially very dangerous for another shapeshifter to hold Manja until she gets properly trained, or until she can verify that it's compatible and not dangerous. She's actually pretty glad that Annaliese doesn't ask to hold Manja again, so that she doesn't have to explain it.

"Yeah, maybe," Carlie says as she's escorted back to the teleporter. She's not really sure if she actually accomplished what she wanted to do here, but...it's okay. "See you later, yeah?"

She goes through the teleporter with the baby.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

[Magic Shopping]

Iknika, the young goblin knight in training, is here. She seems to be waiting on someone. As usual when she's not learning how to break things and people, she's wearing a stylish long dress.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Orc in the Playground

Magic Shopping

A robin flies through the hallways and avenues of the shopping centre, landing nearby and starting to change. It grows larger and loses its feathers, the wings turn into arms and the head loses the beak and grows rounder, with black hair growing from it until they reach just past the shoulders of the girl who stands in the robin's place. Natalie is wearing a green summer dress and waves at Iknika, before gesturing to one side as red symbols appear around her hand- hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades- before she's holding an old rucksack, battered but patched and repaired. She reaches into the bag and pulls out a pair of sandals which she slips on before walking over to Iknika. "Hi, Iknika! Sorry I'm late, I overslept and then couldn't find my phone charger."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

[Magic Shopping]

"Natalie! Hi." Iknika perks up when her friend arrives. "Just the person I need to help me find a present for Isaac. I think you'll do much better finding something magical."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Orc in the Playground

Magic Shopping

"Yeah, I can help with that. What kinda stuff does he like?" Natalie has met Isaac, but doesn't know him as well as Iknika does. So having a rough idea as to what he likes would help. Although if all else fails they can always try and get some decorative bands for his tusks.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

[Magic Shopping]

"Well, he likes comics, cartoons and games. And it might be funny to buy him something elephant related." Iknika's ears flick up and down, deep in thought. "But he likes magic too and I'd like to surprise him. So maybe we can find some cool magic item here. It's just... well, I don't know a lot about magic. Goblins are so boring when it comes to that."

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Orc in the Playground

Magic Shopping

"Magic can be expensive. Does he have any issues with his clothing?" Because Isaac can shapeshift, Natalie doesn't know if he can automatically change his clothes when he alters his body or not. Natalie can't, so she has to get enchanted clothes to deal with the modesty issue. Otherwise, she'd not be able to fly to somewhere as open in Mallside as she did when meeting Iknika, but have to stop somewhere private and summon some clothes rather quickly.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

[Magic Shopping]

"He does have some clothes that accommodate his shape-shifting. Not all of them. He's trying to get more. But that's kid of predictable and I want to surprise him." She pauses. "And yeah, it's expensive. Something small but with the kind of magic he doesn't see often would be best."