New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1210

Thread: Mallside 10

1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 10

Bull Market

Mina nods and fetches him a black suit and collared shirt from the orkish set (since the ones for her would have tail-holes) and polished black shoes. The store has other colors but she thinks black will go well with his coat.
    "So this is really formal. You can lose the jacket if you want to be less so. And um. Guys are expected to wear one of those but everyone kind of acknowledges that they're kind of uncomfortable and stupid." she indicates the rack of ties. That being said the many colors and exotic patterns on the ties might appeal to Gwas' sensibilities.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Bull Market]

Gwas stares at the suit in disbelief. So... the decorated, brightly-colored shirt was casual wear, and its formal counterpart was a painfully dull-colored, basic outfit, which was going to be all hot and starchy and uncomfortable? What was wrong with this world?

Gwas sighs and accepts the suit. "I'll be right back." He mumbles, taking it to the changing room. He comes back out a few minutes later, fully dressed except for the tie, which he seems to be struggling with. "How does one wear this thing without choking himself?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

Mina claps excitedly for him.
    "Well if you get a shirt with a wider collar you might be able to get the tie on and still have more room for your neck. But otherwise no, they're kind of just like that. Of course the thing is that there's so many different people here that you don't have to go with that. I mean, you look great. But if you wanted to-"
    Mina points with her eyes at other formal wear. Some have WAY too many polygonal shapes built into them like some weird vision of the future, and the other is a very old-fashioned ensemble made for an old lord, complete with a scarlet cape. It would make him look like Dracula but.
    Well.
    "It's not like you really have to be formal. Honestly if you just want to wear the buttoned shirt no one would think less of you unless you're at a wedding." Button-down shirts are kind of the norm when you have a very long face with horns stick out of the sides. Holes on human style shirts have to be VERY wide to accommodate that.

4. - Top - End - #1174

[Bull Market]

Gwas reviews the other options and lets out a resigned sigh. That particular design flaw was in a lot of the clothes here; it would be difficult for him to find something that accomodated his horns, didn't leave a portion of his backside exposed (why do all these horned folk have tails? He can't possibly be the only exception!), and fit with his idea of fashionable.

Eventually, he decides to just stick with the suit. Maybe it wasn't quite ideal, but it was as close as he could get right now.

Besides, once he got a look at himself in the mirror, he did have to admit it looked good on him, oddly enough.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

That's why Mina was taking stuff off the ork rack for him. Besides, most of the time tail holes are cleverly hidden behind buttons anyway.
    "Here, you're going to need at least a few days' worth of clothes and it's hot out. Make sure you have a full set." she hands him a small stack of clothes she's selected for him. Namely the casual clothes he picked out earlier, at least one pair of shorts, a few nice but not ridiculously formal shirts, and one hoodie for when the autumn cold settles in. She has spared him from any silly logos or text on them.

6. - Top - End - #1176

[Bull Market]

Gwas accepts the small pile of clothes as gracefully as he can. "Well... that seems to do it for me, then." He clears his throat awkwardly. "...I should stay to help with... your selections." He shuffles awkwardly. "Perhaps there are a few more conservative outfits you would be willing to try out?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

”Well of course you’re sticking around. You’re crashing at my place, right? Or were you planning on just buying your own home in a night?” She’s not being condescending. If he wasn’t discerning he probably could.
    ”And I’ll look at what you suggest but you’re not getting me in a dress. Never gotten me in one of those before I was 100% Certified Lean Beef.” She flexes a bit for effect, face dead serious.

8. - Top - End - #1178

[Bull Market]

"R-... right." Gwas clears his throat. He honestly hadn't thought that far ahead. He expected to spend the rest of his life in a tomb; finding new sleeping arrangements hadn't even occurred to him yet. Though now that Mina made the offer, it would neatly solve the problem if he stayed in her home for a while.

Assuming that would be appropriate. He barely knew her, and her home would be her private space; he didn't want to ruin their budding friendship by being a potentially bad houseguest. But then, it'd be rude to refuse...

He could sort this out later. For now, Mina had presented him a challenge. He was definitely going to get her in at least one dress before the end of the day.

"Right." He reiterates. "Have you considered more robes, though? You do look nice in them."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

"Maybe if I was doing something formal. But so far they just seem hot and stuffy with this coat. If I really want to go with Tarr's monk look I'll just get myself a gi or a long jacket something." Mina scoffs. Clearly she doesn't have high opinion of the whole monk thing Sai and Gwas have in mind for her.

10. - Top - End - #1180

[Morim Talman's]

Continuous twirling is a special dragon power

Obsidian gets and puts on the necklace, and has the zombie go back out.

"Thanks," she tells Talman.
    She then orders both zombies to follow her again.

"Haha I guess I do kinda look like a human," she says, looking at her fingers again. "But obviously I look a lot better."

She twirls a little more, and starts walking backwards. "Not sure where I'm from, exactly," she says. "Some swamp. Both my parents were killed when I was young and so I spent most my life in the Dancing Fox Inn and now I live in a big tree over on a street that way nearby that one cemetery."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Bull Market

"Maybe if I was doing something formal. But so far they just seem hot and stuffy with this coat. If I really want to go with Tarr's monk look I'll just get myself a gi or a long jacket something." Mina scoffs. Clearly she doesn't have high opinion of the whole monk thing Sai and Gwas have in mind for her.
    [Bull Market]

"A gi?"

"It's a two-piece uniform for martial arts students."

"...I mean, that doesn't sound so bad. Do they sell those here?" Gwas asks, looking around. He wouldn't know what they look like, of course.

"In any case, it's better than the harlot wear you picked out a minute ago."

"...That's a bit harsh, isn't it? She's not- you're not a harlot." Gwas stammers.

"Exactly. So don't dress like one."

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Morim Talman's]

Continuous twirling is a special dragon power

Obsidian gets and puts on the necklace, and has the zombie go back out.

"Thanks," she tells Talman.
    She then orders both zombies to follow her again.

"Haha I guess I do kinda look like a human," she says, looking at her fingers again. "But obviously I look a lot better."

She twirls a little more, and starts walking backwards. "Not sure where I'm from, exactly," she says. "Some swamp. Both my parents were killed when I was young and so I spent most my life in the Dancing Fox Inn and now I live in a big tree over on a street that way nearby that one cemetery."
    [Morim Talman's => Promenade]

Well, that was a lot to process, Owena had to admit. Obsidian is an orphan, but doesn't seem too cut up about it. She's from "some swamp", which isn't very helpful academically but about what she expected to hear. But... Dancing Fox? What was that, some kind of inn? Probably.

"Are you... comfortable, in the tree?" Owena asks. "I'm going to be moving out of my uncle's house soon, and if there's room..." She stops, it suddenly seeming to dawn on her that she was seriously extending an offer to be a roommate to a dragon girl she just met while herself not even having the room in question yet. She might be putting the cart before the horse here.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-15 at 02:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

Mina turns up her nose- that is to say, her entire head.
    ”I think maybe I ought to just shop without the peanut gallery.” she says, as she only picks out a plain shirt and a tank-top, and a single pair of pants.
    Gwas might get the distinct impression that Sai is not helping.

13. - Top - End - #1183

[Bull Market]

"...I think you made her mad." Gwas mumbles.

"No kidding. You notice something else? She listened."

"I mean... yes, but, even so-"

"For shame, master Gwas. You're supposed to be a knight, aren't you? Doesn't that imply some degree of honesty?"

"And courtesy!" Gwas snaps. "You can't just- you don't insult people like that!"

"It's not an insult if it's true. Besides, you were thinking the same thing."

Gwas scowls and crosses his arms. "...I can see how he annoys you." He rumbles.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

Mina scowls. It should be noted that the tank top really only has a few more inches of fabric than she’s wearing. It’s really just a matter of a little midriff.
    Mina, of course, goes straight to the counter and asks for a cloth bag. Upon being provided one, she goes to a large planter and scoops a large helping of dirt into it. And some garbage from a nearby can.
    Then she stuffs Sai into it, kneading the bag to make sure he’s good and covered.
    ”Now, were you saying something, Gwas?” she asks sweetly, tucking her package under her arm.

15. - Top - End - #1185

[Bull Market]

"What are you- Hey! Stop that! You're gonna make me rust! Cut it out! Hey! Let me out!"

Gwas cringes. He didn't particularly like Sai, either, but there was something unnerving about the efficiency with which Mina went about punishing him. "Er... you know, I don't think I really had much to say that hasn't been said." He replies sheepishly. "Other than 'you look lovely', I mean."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-09-15 at 07:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

"Thanks, Gwas. I'll spare you from having to shop for underwear while we're together. But you should know we're both gonna need it. Um. That might cover things here..." she lets the statement hang. After all, she wouldn't be opposed to shopping for more things, if the insults are kept to a minimum.

17. - Top - End - #1187

[Bull Market]

That subtext, at least, was not lost on Gwas. But... he wasn't really sure what else they were going to need. Clothes were an immediate concern, yeah, but apart from that...

Oh, wait. There's something.

"Do you... do you want to go get something to eat?" He asks, more or less off-handedly, while shoveling out a singular coin for their purchases (and still recieving quite a bit of change).

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

That does seem to cheer Mina up, but she seems apprehensive.
    "Well...you folks have very specialized diets, right? And I barely know what my tastes are. If you think we can find something together, sure." She's fairly sure the only actual food she has seen Owena eat is a weird kinda fruit and essentially raw meat.

19. - Top - End - #1189

[Bull Market]

Gwas shrugs. "It's not that specialized. It can't be that difficult to get a rare steak in this town. Or eggs, failing that. I'm sure we can find the appropriate restaurant around here somewhere." He gives her a little smile. "Unless you'd rather go out hunting?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Bull Market

Mina shakes her head sadly.
    "A restaurant is fine. I can't go hunting anymore even if I wanted to. Sai made me herbivorous. And finding edible mushrooms out in the woods just isn't the same."
    Now, she doesn't really like killing things so she never really went hunting either. But the option being gone makes her a little sad.

21. - Top - End - #1191

[Bull Market]

"A restaurant it is, then." Gwas smiles and gestures for Mina to lead the way, she knew the area around here much better than he did, after all. And if need be, he could go hungry; he didn't need to eat as often as she did.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #1192

[Promenade]

Her parents died a long time ago, back when she was the size of a bird. She's much bigger now, though, so there's no reason to worry about it.

"It's a pretty great tree," Obsidian says. "Big. Lots of space to hang food. Very comfortable. This other dragon lady who's really good at cooking llamas gave it to me because she was too big for it. Not quite enough room to stretch my wings," she adds, with a shrug, "but that's why the outdoors were invented."

Obsidian twirls once more, showing off her inability to get dizzy, and then walks backwards (partially to keep an eye on the pair of zombies following them).

Which, honestly, was probably a bad idea because the teenager promptly walks backwards right into a bench.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1193

[Promenade]

"Well, that's good. I'm just a bit worried about what you do when it... rains..." Owena stops when Obsidian steps onto the beach and doesn't seem to notice that she's heading for a large body of water. "Um... Obsidian?" She'll call out, trying to draw her attention to her surroundings. If that fails, she'll call louder and more frantically. And if that still fails, she'll raise her hand toward the beach, calling up a gout of blue fire about ten feet from the waterfront. The sand that gets blasted up in the process will quickly harden into a kind of glass, hindering any further progress toward the water unless Obsidian shows enough awareness of her surroundings to go around it.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #1194

[Promenade]

Foolish Owena!
    Calling Obsidian's name won't draw her attention to her surroundings. Rather, it draws her attention towards the one calling her name.

"Hm? Yeah? What do you want?" she asks, not stopping her backwards movement at all.

The beach, you see, is part of a store's exhibit, selling beachware and other summery equipment. So it's not particularly wide or deep.

She trips backwards onto the glassed sand and lands on it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #1195

[Promenade]

Owena cringes as Obsidian takes her tumble, internally berating herself for her choice of intervention. Had she done literally nothing, Obsidian would land on nice, squishy sand or possibly get her feet wet before leaving the display beach. Instead, she was going to land on hard glass (though thankfully smooth; her magic had seen to that), which would be much less forgiving.

"Ohmygods are you okay?" Owena rushes forward, trying to help Obsidian to her feet.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #1196

[Promenade]

Obsidian gets helped up, and rubs her rump.

"Geeze, why did someone leave this stuff here?" she asks. She looks down at the glass, sand, and water. "If they're going to have a display around like this, then they should at least rope it off or put up signs or something."

Or maybe Obsidian shouldn't walk backwards? That's an option, too.

She sighs.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1197

[Promenade]

"Um..." Owena inclines her head toward the signpost a little further up the "beach".

FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY
    DO NOT DISTURB BEACH

"I, uh... I guess we didn't see that." She says, with a nervous little smile. "A-whoops."

"You two troublemakers done messing with the displays?" Demands a security guard who definitely was there a minute ago. "You girls get out of here before I write up the both of you."

Oooh, a write-up. Scary.

Well, Owena seems to think so, at least. Judging by her expression and hasty exit from the display beach.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

28. - Top - End - #1198

[Promenade]

Obsidian looks at the sign.
    Then at the security guard.
    "They should've made it more clear it was a display," she says.

She steps away from it and goes after Owena.
    And she gestures at her zombies for them to follow, too.

Far enough away, she says, "Gosh, guards are pretty imposing."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1199

[Promenade]

"In total fairness, I'm pretty sure that's part of their job." Owena replies. "I mean, if you were in charge of hiring them, would you go for the guy that goes-" She starts hugging herself and shaking. "'G-g-girls, p-please get off the b-b-beach... if it's n-not too much b-b-bother.'" She giggles, hand over her mouth. "Mallside would be so safe like that, I'm sure."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #1200

[Promenade]

"Well...."
    Obsidian thinks, trying to imagine that.
    "Maybe if he was hot. Like, lots of scales. That'd be really nice, I'd hire him then."

She pauses, and then turns around her question: "What would it take for you to hire him?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.