New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1411
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Q 797: Grand Purifier, Concemnation ability. "As an attack action, he may spend a spell point or expend her martial focus to make an attack that has an additional affect on her target". Is that means to be parsed as an ability that can trigger on Attack Actions, or is it a Special Attack Action?
    Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Q 797: Grand Purifier, Concemnation ability. "As an attack action, he may spend a spell point or expend her martial focus to make an attack that has an additional affect on her target". Is that means to be parsed as an ability that can trigger on Attack Actions, or is it a Special Attack Action?
    A797: Nope, it's an attack action.

Smiting action should only be once per round, though.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    A797: Nope, it's an attack action.

Smiting action should only be once per round, though.
    I still don't get it. Can I combine it with:
    *Dual Attack, because it is an attack action and Dual Attack can be used on Attack Actions?
    *Brutal Strike, because Brutal Strike is an Attack Action and an Attack Action allows you to spend a spell point to use Condemnation?
    Semper ludens.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Pixie in the Playground

*Dual Attack, because it is an attack action and Dual Attack can be used on Attack Actions?
    *Brutal Strike, because Brutal Strike is an Attack Action and an Attack Action allows you to spend a spell point to use Condemnation?
    Here's how I'm reading things:

Condemnation may be used whenever you take the "Attack" action, or rather, using Condemnation necessarily causes you to take the "Attack" action.
    Whenever you take the "Attack" action you may perform any one Special Attack Action you know and are capable of performing.
    Whenever you take the "Attack" action you may use the Dual Attack feature.

Thus, all three function together at once.

Sources:

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Purifier
    Condemnation (Su): At 3rd level, the grand purifier gains the ability to channel divine power into her attacks. As an attack action, he may spend a spell point or expend her martial focus to make an attack that has an additional affect on her target. The target may make a saving throw determined by the ability to negate the effect. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the grand purifier’s level + the grand purifier’s Charisma modifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Using Spheres of Might
    A special attack action represents a unique method of making an attack. These special attack actions are granted by certain spheres and talents, and whenever a creature makes an attack action, they may choose to perform a special attack action they know, assuming they meet that special attack action’s requirements. A special attack action can be augmented by feats and talents just as if it were any other attack action, but a creature cannot perform more than one special attack action at a time. (Thus, if a character trained in both the Barrage sphere and the Sniper sphere makes an attack action, they may choose to perform a barrage or a deadly shot, but not both.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker Sphere
    Brutal Strike: As a special attack action, you may make a melee attack against a target. Creatures damaged by a brutal strike gain the battered condition until the end of your next turn. You may expend martial focus to have the attack deal additional damage equal to twice your base attack bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual Wielding Sphere
    Dual Attack: Whenever you make an attack action with a light or one-handed weapon, you can make an additional attack with a light or one-handed weapon held in your off-hand, though both attacks take a -2 penalty on their attack rolls when doing so; only your initial main hand attack qualifies as an attack action, and the additional attack cannot be made with the same weapon as your initial main hand attack. Your off-hand attack only applies 1/2 your Strength modifier, and if your off-hand attack is made with anything other than a light weapon, both attacks take an additional -2 penalty.

5. - Top - End - #1385

MindFlayer

I think Tweets killed this already, but multiple powers that specify an attack action can be stacked, but only one of them can be a special attack action. So:
    0 or 1 Special Attack Action Abilities + 0 or More Attack Action Abilities

There is only a handful of special attack actions - dual wielding, barrage, a few others.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Q798:Does a Bonewright Armorist still need a corpse (or take damage) to summon a Bound Weapon?
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Pixie in the Playground

Q798: Do thrown weapons (daggers, javelins etc.) count as ammunition for the purpose of the ceaseless ammo talent from the barrage sphere?

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Pixie in the Playground

Q799: Does the sage class have any archetypes yet? If no, I'd like to throw a vote for one that is more healing oriented with a return of some of the abilities that the class had back in playtest, like chi gong granting temp hit points. If yes, what book are they from?

Q800: Is the wording on the bonus talents for the Sage class's infuser and enhancer esoteric training supposed to be different? Enhancer gets a Enhancements sphere talents at a rate of "For every 4 class levels the sage possesses, he gains one (enhance) talent as a bonus talent." Infuser gets "At 4th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, sages with this esoteric training package gain a bonus combat talent of their choice." Am i reading this right that the enhancer gets talents regardless of when you pick up the esoteric training, but if you pick up the infuser training at lvl 8 or 16 you lose out on combat talents?

Thanks in advance

9. - Top - End - #1389

Q801: Paying an NPC to cast a spell in base Pathfinder costs around (Caster level × spell level × 10 gp). How much might it cost with Spherecasting? (1.5x Caster Level x 10 gp) seems wrong, so maybe something based on the number of talents needed, since it's rarer?

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Q801: Paying an NPC to cast a spell in base Pathfinder costs around (Caster level × spell level × 10 gp). How much might it cost with Spherecasting? (1.5x Caster Level x 10 gp) seems wrong, so maybe something based on the number of talents needed, since it's rarer?
    I don't think that there is an official ruling on paying an NPC to spherecast. In my home games, I use the following houserules:

Single Spherecast (0 spell point cost): (1 silver piece per Caster Level) + additional costs as applicable.

Single Spherecast (1+ spell point cost): (1.5 x Caster Level x 10 gp) + additional costs as applicable.

Workday Spherecast (0+ spell point cost): (1.5 x Caster Level x 5 gp) + additional costs as applicable (including those listed above).

Because spell points are for the most part a limited resource, one does not really expect a hired NPC to have enough spell points to constantly spherecast, so if you wanted to hire a Spherecaster for the day, but don't know what you are going to need cast, you would pay the Workday price upfront, and pay for individual spherecasts as they come up.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Q.802.

The Explosive Orb talent could both duplicate a Fireball like effect or a Flamestrike like effect. Is one of them the intended effect? Or either, caster's choice?

Basically, our group is curious if this is akin to a Fireball that travels from the caster to the desired center point, and could strike an invisible creature along the way, and detonate early.

Or if it more like a Flamestrike where the AoE blast, centered on a point, just materializes at the designated point without needing any kind of travel from the caster to the target?
    Last edited by Ualaa; 2020-01-12 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Punctuation.
    ~ Ualaa

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Pixie in the Playground

Q803: Protokinesis feats can be taken in place of the 'feat-like' class features for the Alchemist (Discovery), Armourist (Arsenal Trick), Hedgewitch (Secret), Investigator (Investigator Talent), Mageknight (Mystic Combat), Magus (Magus Arcana), Ninja (Ninja Trick), Reaper (Reaper Technique), Rogue (Rogue Talent), Sage (Esotery), Shaman (Hex), Slayer (Slayer Talent), Vigilante (Vigilante Talent), Witch (Hex), and Wraith (Wraith Haunt), and further Incanters, Wizards, and Sorcerers may all take them with their bonus feats.

Notably, Oracle's Revelations are absent from this list. Was this intentional? If so, could you shed some light on the reasoning behind this decision?

I ask because often, a Revelation is considered 'worth' more than a Feat, and Rogue Talents are often considered 'worth' somewhat less than one, so the fact that Rogues have access to these feats without spending an actual feat or requiring the Telekinesis sphere while Oracles lack this option strikes me as an curious.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Q804: General question about Magical talents, with specifics about Advanced magical training.

So i know i have read somewhere that the general rule of thumb for When a specific class gains a new Magical Talent is every time it gains an additional Caster level according to its Caster Level (1/lvl high, 3/ per 4 levels mid, 1/ per 2 levels low). Is this still the case?

Building off of that the Feat "Advanced Magical Training" basically gives Low Casting to non-magical classes and helps Magical classes who dip into non-magical classes gain Caster Level 1/2 per level. Would this advance the number of magical talents they get? For example a Cleric who dips two levels into Fighter, Or a 2nd level Human Fighter both who have Advanced magical training. Would they each gain +1 Magical Talent for those two levels? if this isn't the case then while it will hurt but not destroy a casting class it makes some spheres basically useless to non-casting classes due to the limit of 1-3 magical talents (drawbacks, extra talent feat which is expensive). A couple spheres that NEED extra talents are: Alteration, Enhancement, Creation, Conjuration, Protection. These are some of the most common spheres people want to pickup, only really beaten by Destruction and Warp.

If you don't gain magical talents from the increased caster level would a 3rd feat in the chain "True Magical training" (? or something similar) be viable to give those talents (based on when Basic Magical Training or first Casting class level was picked up). 3 Feats is a very large feat investment especially for classes that normally wouldn't get magical feats in the first place, 2 is still pushing it for those who would. I'll put a prototype of this in a spoiler below.

Spoiler: Advanced Magic training feat
    Show
    Treat any racial Hit Dice not granting spherecasting and your levels in non-spherecasting classes as Low-Casting classes when determining your total caster level, magic skill bonus, and magic skill defense. You gain spell points from casting tradition drawbacks, but otherwise do not add these levels when determining your spell point pool. If you do not possess levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting, increase your spell point pool to become equal your casting ability modifier (minimum 1).

Spoiler: Prototype feat: True Magical Training.
    Show

Prerequisite: Basic Magic Training or casting class feature, Advanced Magic Training.

Benefit: Treat any racial Hit Dice not granting spherecasting and your levels in non-spherecasting classes as Low-Casting classes when determining your total caster level, magic skill bonus, magic skill defense, and Magical Talents. Your Spell Point Pool increases by the caster levels gained in by this feat. If you do not possess levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting, your spell pool equals your caster level plus your casting stat modifer (Minimum 1) and casting tradition bonus.

You retroactivly gain a number of magical talents equal to 1 per 1 caster level minus 1 if you do not possess levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting. If you do possess Levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting gain magical talents according to your class with the new casting level.

Special: For retraining purposes, having the casting class feature counts as Basic Magic Training.
    Last edited by death390; 2020-02-22 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassoonHero View Post
    No, the problem is that the limit one can achieve with physical brute force from a human body is low, very, very, very low, so obviously someone pursuing strength via muscles is not going to get far.
    This is certainly true in 3.5, but I don't think that it's an inevitable feature of the fantasy genre. Look at wuxia. Look at mythology. Look at what "peak human" means in the DC universe. I think that "strength via muscles" can do some pretty amazing things if the system allows for it.

14. - Top - End - #1394

Quote Originally Posted by death390 View Post
    Q804: General question about Magical talents, with specifics about Advanced magical training.

So i know i have read somewhere that the general rule of thumb for When a specific class gains a new Magical Talent is every time it gains an additional Caster level according to its Caster Level (1/lvl high, 3/ per 4 levels mid, 1/ per 2 levels low). Is this still the case?

Building off of that the Feat "Advanced Magical Training" basically gives Low Casting to non-magical classes and helps Magical classes who dip into non-magical classes gain Caster Level 1/2 per level. Would this advance the number of magical talents they get? For example a Cleric who dips two levels into Fighter, Or a 2nd level Human Fighter both who have Advanced magical training. Would they each gain +1 Magical Talent for those two levels? if this isn't the case then while it will hurt but not destroy a casting class it makes some spheres basically useless to non-casting classes due to the limit of 1-3 magical talents (drawbacks, extra talent feat which is expensive). A couple spheres that NEED extra talents are: Alteration, Enhancement, Creation, Conjuration, Protection. These are some of the most common spheres people want to pickup, only really beaten by Destruction and Warp.

If you don't gain magical talents from the increased caster level would a 3rd feat in the chain "True Magical training" (? or something similar) be viable to give those talents (based on when Basic Magical Training or first Casting class level was picked up). 3 Feats is a very large feat investment especially for classes that normally wouldn't get magical feats in the first place, 2 is still pushing it for those who would. I'll put a prototype of this in a spoiler below.

Spoiler: Advanced Magic training feat
    Show
    Treat any racial Hit Dice not granting spherecasting and your levels in non-spherecasting classes as Low-Casting classes when determining your total caster level, magic skill bonus, and magic skill defense. You gain spell points from casting tradition drawbacks, but otherwise do not add these levels when determining your spell point pool. If you do not possess levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting, increase your spell point pool to become equal your casting ability modifier (minimum 1).

Spoiler: Prototype feat: True Magical Training.
    Show

Prerequisite: Basic Magic Training or casting class feature, Advanced Magic Training.

Benefit: Treat any racial Hit Dice not granting spherecasting and your levels in non-spherecasting classes as Low-Casting classes when determining your total caster level, magic skill bonus, magic skill defense, and Magical Talents. Your Spell Point Pool increases by the caster levels gained in by this feat. If you do not possess levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting, your spell pool equals your caster level plus your casting stat modifer (Minimum 1) and casting tradition bonus.

You retroactivly gain a number of magical talents equal to 1 per 1 caster level minus 1 if you do not possess levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting. If you do possess Levels in an actual spherecasting class or racial Hit Dice granting spherecasting gain magical talents according to your class with the new casting level.

Special: For retraining purposes, having the casting class feature counts as Basic Magic Training.

A804:

You only get what is listed in the AMT feat. There is no mention of additional feats. And having a feat granting several feats is OP and invalidates casting archetypes to some degree for non-casting classes.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    A804:

You only get what is listed in the AMT feat. There is no mention of additional feats. And having a feat granting several feats is OP and invalidates casting archetypes to some degree for non-casting classes.
    Except for the fact that half the non-casting classes don't get a real spheres of power casting archetype. Barbarian? closest is the april fools barbearian; fighter? War hero is closest but only gives war sphere; gunslinger? wand slinger kinda like a dedicated artificer; monk? beastsoul is the only option and that is limited to Alteration sphere; ninja? ghoststepper is only option, doesn't even give magical talents; samurai, gets blind swordsman which doesn't get casting just specific talents; soulkife doesn't even have an archetype. just if they dip a spherecaster or AMT they can pick up a skill to channel spheres through their weapons; swashbuckler, antipaladin, and brawler don't even have an option. This also doesn't include 3pp classes that arn't even listed on the spheres wiki.

The only option for those (or to create an ACTUAL spherecasting archetype for those listed) would be to homebrew an archetype, or spend every single feat they get basically on Extra Magical Talent. Basic Magic Training gave a starter spehre and 1 spell point, Advanced magic talent Gave additional Spell points, Caster Level, and MSB/MSD. why couldn't another feat give scaling magic talents, especially when they seem to be linked to Caster level in the first place.

EDIT: Basic magic training for the most part gives 1 cantrip, 1 spell known, and 1 spell slot. Advanced magic training gives scaling caster level and DC. why couldn't a third feat give +1 spell known per 2 levels (or 3 levels if 2 is too small i suppose). for the most part the thing with "spellcasters can't dip non-caster classes" is the loss of spell levels, DC, and caster level. we already get part of that back with Advanced magic training.

it also won't terribly affect archetypes in the first place as those are better built do be a spherecaster in the first place AND they get special bonuses according to their base class (look at sphere druid wild shape replacement), they will have "nice things" that arn't as powerful as most spherecasters (since most are high/ med) due to 1/2 caster level and DC.
    Last edited by death390; 2020-02-22 at 06:13 PM.
    No, the problem is that the limit one can achieve with physical brute force from a human body is low, very, very, very low, so obviously someone pursuing strength via muscles is not going to get far.
    This is certainly true in 3.5, but I don't think that it's an inevitable feature of the fantasy genre. Look at wuxia. Look at mythology. Look at what "peak human" means in the DC universe. I think that "strength via muscles" can do some pretty amazing things if the system allows for it.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by death390 View Post
    Except for the fact that half the non-casting classes don't get a real spheres of power casting archetype. Barbarian? closest is the april fools barbearian; fighter? War hero is closest but only gives war sphere; gunslinger? wand slinger kinda like a dedicated artificer; monk? beastsoul is the only option and that is limited to Alteration sphere; ninja? ghoststepper is only option, doesn't even give magical talents; samurai, gets blind swordsman which doesn't get casting just specific talents; soulkife doesn't even have an archetype. just if they dip a spherecaster or AMT they can pick up a skill to channel spheres through their weapons; swashbuckler, antipaladin, and brawler don't even have an option. This also doesn't include 3pp classes that arn't even listed on the spheres wiki.

The only option for those (or to create an ACTUAL spherecasting archetype for those listed) would be to homebrew an archetype, or spend every single feat they get basically on Extra Magical Talent. Basic Magic Training gave a starter spehre and 1 spell point, Advanced magic talent Gave additional Spell points, Caster Level, and MSB/MSD. why couldn't another feat give scaling magic talents, especially when they seem to be linked to Caster level in the first place.

EDIT: Basic magic training for the most part gives 1 cantrip, 1 spell known, and 1 spell slot. Advanced magic training gives scaling caster level and DC. why couldn't a third feat give +1 spell known per 2 levels (or 3 levels if 2 is too small i suppose). for the most part the thing with "spellcasters can't dip non-caster classes" is the loss of spell levels, DC, and caster level. we already get part of that back with Advanced magic training.

it also won't terribly affect archetypes in the first place as those are better built do be a spherecaster in the first place AND they get special bonuses according to their base class (look at sphere druid wild shape replacement), they will have "nice things" that arn't as powerful as most spherecasters (since most are high/ med) due to 1/2 caster level and DC.
    I'm not sure what to say here. Yes, if there are no archetypes or specialist-only archetypes, such a feat would provide more versatility. But it is too strong by virtue making people ignoring the existing archetypes. It grants effectively Extra Magic Talent 10 times over 20 levels for only 3 feats. I would seriously consider taking such a feat and using only non-spherecasting archetypes (since a sphere-casting archetype always blocks getting benefits from AMT), as I would get basically an extra casting archetype for free. That is also in competition with normal low-casting classes which are invalidated as well.

If that doesn't convince then by all means introduce such a feat in your game. Maybe your players are happy with it. Maybe you are happy with it. But it will change the dynamics of the game. I confirmed that talking with authors.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    I'm not sure what to say here. Yes, if there are no archetypes or specialist-only archetypes, such a feat would provide more versatility. But it is too strong by virtue making people ignoring the existing archetypes. It grants effectively Extra Magic Talent 10 times over 20 levels for only 3 feats. I would seriously consider taking such a feat and using only non-spherecasting archetypes (since a sphere-casting archetype always blocks getting benefits from AMT), as I would get basically an extra casting archetype for free. That is also in competition with normal low-casting classes which are invalidated as well.

If that doesn't convince then by all means introduce such a feat in your game. Maybe your players are happy with it. Maybe you are happy with it. But it will change the dynamics of the game. I confirmed that talking with authors.
    Your math here is wrong.
    Sphere ranger archetype Doesn't dip another class: gets 12 magical talents and all lowcasting.

Sphere ranger archetype (low caster) Takes AMT, can now dip non-ranger levels at no cost to DC, CL, MSB, MSD. with the "3rd" feat in the chain; gets up to 9 magical talents if he takes 18 non-caster levels. Cost vs non-dip? 1/5th of his general feats (2/9), and the normal loss of capstone ability for the ability to dip non-caster levels.

Fighter, no generalist spherecasting archetype: takes Basic and advanced Magic training (2 feats), gets 1 sphere (+ drawbacks) which is limited in usefulness without more talents (some are impossible to properly use) decent spellpoint pool, scaling CL, DC, MSB, MSD. for a 3rd feat (1/3 of his general feats new) gets access to 9 more talents allowing him to properly be a spherecaster and use any sphere rather than a limited pool. compared to a sphere ranger? 3/9 general feats to be comparable to the archetype, vs ranger 1/ fighter 19? 2 feats and capstone.

on the other side? wizard needs a fighter level? costs 2 feats (less bad since magic feats) but able dip 2 levels and only lose 1 CL, DC, and 1 talent (or 1 feat for everything but 1 Talent) each time AND loses Capstone. Also the "extra talents" don't give more talents than a lowcaster would naturally get.

That isn't even counting how many of the archetypes get nice things that you normally wouldn't. Look at Geosurveyer ranger, straight up low-caster (general) with a focus on nature sphere. if you want to use nature sphere ranger its the go-to. Folk healer? General Low-caster, but extras for healing. Neither of those spend their general feats to get spherecasting and both are innately better in their field than a ranger who trades away his spells and spend 3 feats to get spherecasting. This is the case for any general spherecasting archetype.

and again, look at those who don't get general spherecasting. take the rouge for example, NONE of its archetypes get general spherecasting. the closest would be a homebrew version of Eldritch scoundrel by replacing the spells with magus Spherecastng. again that would be homebrew. That means that there is NO way to currently build a spherecasting rouge because you would be stuck with 1 sphere (+drawbacks) and thats it unless you would spend almost all of your feats on Extra magic talent. . .

So basically, with how you portray it, don't use spheres of power unless there is a written archetype of you pick something niche like pouncing teleport cause you won't get much. hell Path of War has a better way to enter their system than Spheres does and it cost 6 feats (mind you those who want to use it often get those kinds of feats), hell if there was a companion feat for AMT that gave even 2 Magical talents instead of the standard 1 for Extra magical talent (or a slight rewrite, that EMT gives 2 talents with only AMT and no natural spherecasting) you could use spheres on non-casters.

for example tell me how the hell would you go about making an AMT non-spherecaster with the weather sphere? all you get is the base ability cause none of the drawbacks give you a general weather talent. Fallen-fey? doesn't even get drawbacks.
    Last edited by death390; 2020-02-25 at 09:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Q805:

If I'm creating a magic item, say an item with the Darkness sphere, and I grant it the Dark Slaughter meld talent, does the duration increase to the 1 hour/level that Dark Slaughter has or is the item still at 1 round/level? I'm thinking of building an Apparatus with the Dark Slaughter talent and I need to know whether or not I have to ramp up the complexity (and the cost).
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Orc in the Playground

Q806: USoP question here, what is the Stone Fist ability from the Nature's Weapon talent in Nature sphere really supposed to be using the size increase damage dice progression chart but only in single steps? It's very unusual and has caused some arguments if size steps (two steps on the chart) or actual individual steps were meant.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Q807: How does the Pact Master's Contingent Caster and Pact Caster features interact with Basic Magic Training/Extra Magic Talent?

Straight RAW, the Pact Master can take BMT and not EMT, and has CL 1 and 1 spell point in addition to his normal spell point pool. When he has a pact companion nearby, his BMT becomes EMT, he uses his pact caster level, and his 1 spell point from BMT becomes unavailable. That seems a bit wonky.

Q808: Can the Pact Master take the Master of Cosmos feat to buff his pact companion?
    Semper ludens.

21. - Top - End - #1401

Q809: I noticed Improved Energy Blade was not reprinted in USOP, is this intentional?

Q810: If one is using Spell Attack with Energy Blade would a critical hit multiply the damage of the destructive blast? Would the same also be true if one is instead using the Improved Energy Blade feat, since the wording is slightly different?

22. - Top - End - #1402

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaran View Post
    Q809: I noticed Improved Energy Blade was not reprinted in USOP, is this intentional?

Q810: If one is using Spell Attack with Energy Blade would a critical hit multiply the damage of the destructive blast? Would the same also be true if one is instead using the Improved Energy Blade feat, since the wording is slightly different?
    A809: I can answer at least this question. Any books mentioned at the beginning on the book have been incorporated in USoP. Thus USoP supersedes any previous version. (Unmentioned books can be used as is.) If something is no longer included, it has been deliberately removed. In IEB's case, its place has been taken by the strike talents and Melee Caster feat.

Of course, you can import anything removed. But that requires GM approval.
    Last edited by EldritchWeaver; 2020-03-04 at 05:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Orc in the Playground

Q810: Just how far does the sharing capability of the Paired Proficiency talent in Dual Wielding sphere go? Obviously it lets you do stuff like apply feats/talents with a choice like Weapon Focus/Critical Genius to both weapons if they're different, but the final sentence of
    The only exception to this is special attack actions, such as brutal strikes, barrages, and deadly shots, which are not applied to the off-hand weapon.
    makes me wonder if a lot more can be "exchanged". Does it let the Critical Follow Up talent apply to your main hand as well if you have BAB +10? If you use Dual Opportunity, do you get an extra main-hand attack potentially, or Synchronous Accuracy giving you an attack with both (or would it be either?) weapons when either misses? What about non-special attack action riders like Vital Strike, Fencing's Fatal Thrust, or even Dual Wielding sphere's own Dual Attack?

24. - Top - End - #1404

Q811. Under the new item creation rules, how much would it cost to craft a tankard with a constant Create (Liquid Generation) or Nature (Create Water) effect? Preferably limited to only ever generating enough to keep the tankard topped off. I don't need a geyser or potions, just a constant source of water for the Barroom sphere with Anything Is A Drink

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Q812 For Destruction sphere effects which are delivered via melee touch attacks, does a missed attack allow the caster to hold the charge like base PF melee touch spells, or is the effect wasted if the attack misses? What about attacks delivered via the Energy Strike talent (or [strike] talents in other spheres)?

Q813A Would the Mobile Striker talent in the Athletics sphere allow you to deliver a Destruction effect via melee touch attack or use a [strike] talent mid-movement?

Q813B If not, would the Spell Attack feat allow you to do so?

(My thought for those two is that the answers would be no and yes respectively, but I’d like some confirmation)
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey y'all, we haven't had the time to curate this thread for a while, simply due to the time we have to dedicate to all the other things we're doing.

If you have more questions about rules, please see our fan discord.

Thank you to everyone who has followed us and these threads over the years; I hope these threads have been helpful.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 214
    A question regarding the Touch of Light sphere specific drawback.

Touch Of Light
    You cannot cause objects to glow as a ranged touch attack, nor create lenses at a range greater than touch. You cannot take Ranged Light, and you may only apply Solar Strike to melee attacks.
    Was the intention of this ability to only affect objects? In other words, I can't use glow on an object at range, but I can use glow on a creature at range?
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Pixie in the Playground

Q 215
    Does the Bind Weapon Talent from the Duelist Sphere prevent a bound weapon from making attacks?

And the related question:
    Q 216
    Does the Combat Maneuver Check to free a bind weapon as a standard action count as a disarm check (given it targets Disarm CMD) and/or provoke AoOs?

29. - Top - End - #1409

It seems that people do not read previous posts:

Adam stated 3 posts above that this thread is closed. If you have questions, please go to discord and ask there!

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Pixie in the Playground

I would like some clarification on how alteration sphere’s “Anthropomorphic Transformation (transformation)” works with things like the “Transformation, Eternal” Feat., and the “Transformation”. For example Anthropomorphic transformation allows you to pick two body or transformation talents from the same talet if you will.

1. If I picked Transformation, Eternal selecting the anthropomorphic transformation would I not receive the two traits I would normally be able to pick?

2. If the answer to #1 is that I do get the traits. Would the having Transformation, and Transformation, Eternal Feats. Allow me to pick two traits from two different talents for the eternal form?

Thanks for your time.