New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    Isn't it possible to order all books basically at once?
    Technically yes, but it's ridiculously expensive for print copies. I do not buy PDFs, and I cannot afford to pay $500 for the print copies of the handbooks. It's affordable for people who use PDFs, but I do not use PDFs at the gaming table and the price for print copies is simply unaffordable due to the high printing cost of dozens of small books.

Nonetheless, there are talks about doing some kind of Ultimate Spheres, which collects all materials and errata and maybe fixing some design issues (no clue what the boundary of changes would be). But that won't happen before we have all HBs released. Also, I don't think that a decision has been made yet that this will be definitively done. Personal speculation, I think there will be a kickstarter to finance this project if it happens.
    Collecting all the materials in an "Ultimate Spheres" book is exactly what I want. I am 100% willing to back any kickstarter that finances this.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Pixie in the Playground

I agree. I would be willing to dump money into a "Ultimate Spheres" book. Possibly into two separate books. One ultimate spheres of power and one for might.

Say would you guys be willing to work with legendary games? Currently their kickstarting a mythic mania. Would you be willing to have mythic SOP content?

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    I agree. I would be willing to dump money into a "Ultimate Spheres" book. Possibly into two separate books. One ultimate spheres of power and one for might.

Say would you guys be willing to work with legendary games? Currently their kickstarting a mythic mania. Would you be willing to have mythic SOP content?
    Mythic options have been mentioned different times, but no one is working on it to my knowledge. I considered it once, but my experience with mythic made me swear off the entire thing.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Pixie in the Playground

Q 360:

Are you able to use the duelist sphere Draw Cut talent in combination with Counterpunch, or are they considered two different types of actions that need to be readied?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Mythic options have been mentioned different times, but no one is working on it to my knowledge. I considered it once, but my experience with mythic made me swear off the entire thing.
    Well I have my own WOP version, the issue is more that SOP doesn't really need that much stuff rebuilt just allot of time.
    Last edited by Test Pattern; 2018-12-04 at 09:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Supposedly, they have fixed (some) problems in their base book, but I haven't gotten around to check that out.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

7. - Top - End - #697
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Q361

Has rainfall for Severity 6/7 Flash flood/Great flood ever been quantified anywhere? Right now the amount seems to be totally GM fiat.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Q 362

Is the caster level of the spell cast by a spellstoring weapon determined by
    A) the CL of the weapon
    B) the CL of the person storing the spell
    C) the CL of the person triggering the spell

(repost)
    Q 363

Pinning shot grapples a creature automatically if you hit it. What happens to a flying creature hit by it? Is this the best way of dropping flyers?

9. - Top - End - #699
    Pixie in the Playground

Q: 364

If you have the Mighty Conditioning Athletic Sphere Talent do your Acrobatics and Fly skills benefit from the effects of the Muscular Surge Brute Sphere Talent?

10. - Top - End - #700
    Pixie in the Playground

Q: 365
    Is there a way that I can have an animated object cast my spells and use my spell slots?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Pixie in the Playground

Q: 366

Question concerns the Mind Against Body feat -

Mind Against Body
    Prerequisites: Telekinesis Sphere, Telekinetic Maneuver

Benefit: Rather than using your body to fight off more capable opponents, you employ your mind, fighting back with your full telekinetic power. You may substitute 10 + your caster level + your casting ability modifier for your CMD when you are defending against a combat maneuver.

My question is would other effects that add to your CMD work with this feat? That is let's say I was thinking about Unarmored Training martial talent from Spheres of Might - adds a +3 AC bonus that applies to touch attacks which also means it applies to CMD. If my CMD was normally say 19 with Mind Against Body would it now be 22 with Unarmored Training? Or better yet - does Mind Against Body just replace BaB and STR/DEX parts of CMD with Caster Level and Casting Ability modifier?

My DM is suggesting this sets my CMD to a fixed number and that other modifier will not affect my CMD if I choose to use Mind Against Body. I'm under the impression it replaces/alters how you calculate your base CMD and other modifier would stack as normal.
    Last edited by meat_shield; 2018-12-06 at 07:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kkplx View Post
    Q 362 Is the caster level of the spell cast by a spellstoring weapon determined by A) the CL of the weapon B) the CL of the person storing the spell C) the CL of the person triggering the spell (repost) Q 363 Pinning shot grapples a creature automatically if you hit it. What happens to a flying creature hit by it? Is this the best way of dropping flyers?
    B, just like in standard Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGirl

Q 367: Is there a trait or similar thing for Energy Focus casters to take a second type of Destructive Blast?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MeimuHakurei View Post
    Q 367: Is there a trait or similar thing for Energy Focus casters to take a second type of Destructive Blast?
    Not without buying off the drawback, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skaia View Post
    Q: 364

If you have the Mighty Conditioning Athletic Sphere Talent do your Acrobatics and Fly skills benefit from the effects of the Muscular Surge Brute Sphere Talent?
    A364: Mighty Conditioning does not specify that the check becomes based on both, so it is ambiguous. Have to adjust language one way or another to clear that up. Given the limitations on Muscular Surge, I think allowing it to apply is fine.

16. - Top - End - #706

Quote Originally Posted by MeimuHakurei View Post
    Not without buying off the drawback, no.
    Addendum: This has been errated to allow blast types from the same blast group. So you could at best get 3 blast types. I would also look into Admixture Blast, because in that case you get the benefits for free.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

Addendum: This has been errated to allow blast types from the same blast group. So you could at best get 3 blast types.
    Not three, just however many are in that blast type group (in case someone reading this gets confused because of having custom blast types available).

18. - Top - End - #708
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Q368: Quick question about spell storing
    From Sphere: Spell Storing
    A spell storing weapon allows a caster to store a single targeted sphere effect that does not cost a spell point
    Does it allow a Caster to store a sphere with infinite talents as long as they don't add any spell points?

Also
    Ring of Spell Storing:
    A ring of spell storing contains up to 5 levels of spells (either divine or arcane, or even a mix of both spell types) that the wearer can cast
    Does it apply the same way as the usual Spell Storing weapon? What about the Major version (it holds up to 10 levels of spells)?

Quickly! Give me some knee armor!!!

BTW here's my homebrews :
    The Void Champion
    The Breaker

19. - Top - End - #709
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q369: There are some abilities in PF that refer to "alchemical" items, like the Grenadier archetype. If we make the logical assumption that anything produced by the Alchemy sphere is intended to fall under this classification, would a Scholar's Flashbangs also fall under this classification?

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AncientSpark View Post
    Q369: There are some abilities in PF that refer to "alchemical" items, like the Grenadier archetype. If we make the logical assumption that anything produced by the Alchemy sphere is intended to fall under this classification, would a Scholar's Flashbangs also fall under this classification?
    A369 Items created by the Alchemy sphere are alchemical items, yes. However, we ultimately removed that classification from the flashbangs since it created several weird mechanical interactions and a couple balance concerns. This is one of those "rules for mechanics purposes" where the flashbangs are technically alchemical in nature but are not treated as "alchemical items" since that designation has specific rules implications.
    (Note that we may have given a different answer prior to the final version of Spheres of Might, and this answer overrides any such responses.)

21. - Top - End - #711

Q370: Is there a version of Mythic Assault which works with SoM standard attacks? Or should I just houserule it? I do allow haste to work for standard attacks, too.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

Q: 371

Is there a way to exclude targets from the effect of a Glow? Something like Clearsight (Meld) from the dark sphere, but for Light sphere instead.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

Q370: Is there a version of Mythic Assault which works with SoM standard attacks? Or should I just houserule it? I do allow haste to work for standard attacks, too.
    Do you mean Mystic Assault? If so Dual Wielding Mystic Fusion will let you do an attack action and a sphere effect with the off-hand, or simply using Spell Attack will let you do the reverse of a sphere effect with the main hand and an off-hand attack.

Is there a way to exclude targets from the effect of a Glow? Something like Clearsight (Meld) from the dark sphere, but for Light sphere instead.
    You should look a little closer. In fact, for a sphere-agnostic ability, Protection has Friendship.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meat_shield View Post
    Q: 366

Question concerns the Mind Against Body feat -

Mind Against Body
    Prerequisites: Telekinesis Sphere, Telekinetic Maneuver

Benefit: Rather than using your body to fight off more capable opponents, you employ your mind, fighting back with your full telekinetic power. You may substitute 10 + your caster level + your casting ability modifier for your CMD when you are defending against a combat maneuver.

My question is would other effects that add to your CMD work with this feat? That is let's say I was thinking about Unarmored Training martial talent from Spheres of Might - adds a +3 AC bonus that applies to touch attacks which also means it applies to CMD. If my CMD was normally say 19 with Mind Against Body would it now be 22 with Unarmored Training? Or better yet - does Mind Against Body just replace BaB and STR/DEX parts of CMD with Caster Level and Casting Ability modifier?

My DM is suggesting this sets my CMD to a fixed number and that other modifier will not affect my CMD if I choose to use Mind Against Body. I'm under the impression it replaces/alters how you calculate your base CMD and other modifier would stack as normal.
    A 366
    Mind Against Body replaces the normal CMD calculation completely, meaning that various armor class bonuses, size bonuses, and other bonuses that directly add to your CMD will not alter it.

A 371

Bend Radiance lets you shape your light around anything you want to exclude, while Dim Light is a lens talent that makes the target immune to the negative effects of your glows (making it pretty much Clearsight but for Light).

25. - Top - End - #715

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Do you mean Mystic Assault? If so Dual Wielding Mystic Fusion will let you do an attack action and a sphere effect with the off-hand, or simply using Spell Attack will let you do the reverse of a sphere effect with the main hand and an off-hand attack.
    Oops, yes, Mystic Assault. But your proposals don't quite work for me. I have a ranged weapon and want to use a ranged touch attack (destructive blast, to be precise).

26. - Top - End - #716
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Apologies if this has been covered already and I just didn't see it in my searching, but:
    Q372
    Am I correct in my understanding that an illusion with the shadow infusion applied would function identically to an illusion that a level 6 fey adept used their create reality on, or would there be some differences between the two abilities?

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Q373: When is the Fallen Fey handbook hitting playtest.

A373: Right now.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Pixie in the Playground

Q374 What are the limits of a "suitable mount", for the Beastmaster's Monster Breaker ability. In it as simple as DM's discretion, or is there more guidance (in Spheres or general Pathfinder content)?

Q375 Are there plans for Spheres of Might Hero Labs support?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jff362; 2018-12-13 at 01:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Orc in the Playground

Oops, yes, Mystic Assault. But your proposals don't quite work for me. I have a ranged weapon and want to use a ranged touch attack (destructive blast, to be precise).
    And use energy blade with your ranged weapon isn't good enough? It has to stay as a ranged touch attack?

...Use a gun?

30. - Top - End - #720

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    And use energy blade with your ranged weapon isn't good enough? It has to stay as a ranged touch attack?

...Use a gun?
    Hmm, I wasn't aware that Energy Blade works with ranged weaponry. Is that intended? Also, you misunderstood. The casting part needs to be a ranged touch attack, because this character won't go into melee. The actual ranged weapon can be anything.