New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    It is intended that the damage formula would be Weapon Die + Destructive Blast + Casting Ability Modifier. You can however get around this by using the Improved Energy Weapon feat. I will modify my previous post clarify for future readers.
    Ok now i'm a bit confused. Is energy blade not supposed to normally include the weapon's damage mod?

It says
    "As a standard action, you may make a single weapon attack in conjunction with making a destructive blast. Any creature damaged by the attack is also struck by the destructive blast."

So i'd assume as it makes no distinction its a normal weapon attack which is Weapon Damage Die + Weapon damage mod + Destructive blast;

You then state the feat would add casting mod but "would have no effect on the weapons damage." So i took this as it would leave the weapon's damage mod.
    Or did you simply add that to state that it wouldn't apply the casting modifier twice?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcueid View Post
    Ok now i'm a bit confused. Is energy blade not supposed to normally include the weapon's damage mod?

It says
    "As a standard action, you may make a single weapon attack in conjunction with making a destructive blast. Any creature damaged by the attack is also struck by the destructive blast."

So i'd assume as it makes no distinction its a normal weapon attack which is Weapon Damage Die + Weapon damage mod + Destructive blast;

You then state the feat would add casting mod but "would have no effect on the weapons damage." So i took this as it would leave the weapon's damage mod.
    Or did you simply add that to state that it wouldn't apply the casting modifier twice?
    Damn, I misread the Energy Blade talent, for some reason I thought it read as (emphasis mine):
    As a standard action, you may make a single weapon attack in conjunction with making a destructive blast. Any creature hit by the attack is also struck by the destructive blast.
    I am altering my ruling to be instead to be the formula that you posted earlier, being:
    "Weapon Die + Str Modifier (or relevant weapon damage mod) + Destructive Blast + Casting Ability Modifier."

I again will modify my original answers to match this.
    Last edited by Mehangel; 2018-07-23 at 08:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q107
    How do I know which spheres/talents are subject to Spell Resistance and which aren't?
    Last edited by MrSandman; 2018-07-23 at 03:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slavezero View Post
    Q104: when using Weaponize from the Telekinesis sphere to attack it says you deal damage as a bludgeon of the size you specify. does it actually take up the space the size normally needs or does it only use the Table to calculate the damage dice? and it also says if you have the Dancing Weapon talent you can treat it as a weapon you have proficiency with. does that mean if i had proficiency with unarmed attacks and one of the SoM Spheres that increased unarmed damage that my bludgeon would have increased damage as well? and could i increase the size of my blugeon still to add yet more damage on top of that?
    I'll divide this into parts to make it clear.

A: Does using Weaponize take up the same 'space' as lifting an object? Yes. The only difference between using Weaponize and not using Weaponize is that you don't have to have the object. Weaponize effectively lets you fake object. It is the Air Guitar and Invisible Cheeseburger talent. If you want to use Weaponize to attack someone with a large greatsword, you have to be able to lift large object and use telekinesis as if you were lifting a large object. If you can only lift large objects, you couldn't, for example, use Weaponize + Divided Mind to bludgeon people as if you were lifting several large greatswords, though you could bludgeon people as if you had two medium greatswords.

B: Can I use Weaponize to attack people with a telekinetic unarmed strike? Yes. You can punch people with telekinetic fists this way. Talk about throwing your punches.

C: Would this unarmed strike bludgeon deal increased damage if I have talents/class features to increase its damage? Yes. If you have talents in unarmed Spheres of Might spheres and/or levels in classes like monk or brawler, that will carry over to the bludgeons you create. There's the possibility that weird wording in an unarmed damage increasing feature could interfere with this, but none of the stuff I've mentioned look like they conflict.

D: Can I increase the size of the Weaponize version of my unarmed strike? Yes. Like any other weapon you mimic with weaponize, you can increase its effective size to any size weapon you could lift with your telekinesis. Unarmed Strikes are treated as light weapons, so the unarmed strike of a medium character would be treated as a tiny sized object for the purposes of weaponize.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

A107:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Q107
    How do I know which spheres/talents are subject to Spell Resistance and which aren't?
    The base sphere ability or the talent itself will state if it is not subject to Spell Resistance. If it doesn't state that, it is subject to SR.

For instance the Dark sphere base ability is not subject to SR in its description. The Destruction base ability is subject to SR because it doesn't say it's not but the Stone Blast talent specifically calls out bypassing SR. And below are some additional examples with quotes from the text.

Using the Spheres:
    Using a sphere ability provokes an attack of opportunity (unless cast defensively), requires a concentration check in difficult situations, ceases to function in an anti-magic field, and is subject to spell resistance.
    Illusion:
    You may craft images and impressions of things that aren’t there. Illusion sphere abilities have a range of Close and do not allow spell resistance unless placed on a creature with resistance (Such as with the Illusionary Disguise talent).
    Battering Blast:
    The blast ignores spell resistance, spell turning, and can penetrate a globe of invulnerability, antimagic field, or antimagic circle, and is not treated as a spell or magical effect for creatures or classes that gain a bonus to saving throws against magic.
    Last edited by Omnificer; 2018-07-24 at 05:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnificer View Post
    The base sphere ability or the talent itself will state if it is not subject to Spell Resistance. If it doesn't state that, it is subject to SR.

For instance the Dark sphere base ability is not subject to SR in its description. The Destruction base ability is subject to SR because it doesn't say it's not but the Stone Blast talent specifically calls out bypassing SR. And below are some additional examples with quotes from the text.
    Much appreciated!

7. - Top - End - #187

Q108: How does the Self Confidence ability from the Gladiator sphere work? Do regain martial focus and also perform a boast, or just regain martial focus?
    Spoiler: Self Confidence
    Show
    You may perform a boast as a standard action to recover your martial focus. Doing so does not require the normal triggering condition for a boast.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ICN View Post
    Q108: How does the Self Confidence ability from the Gladiator sphere work? Do regain martial focus and also perform a boast, or just regain martial focus?
    Spoiler: Self Confidence
    Show
    You may perform a boast as a standard action to recover your martial focus. Doing so does not require the normal triggering condition for a boast.
    A108: as a standard action, you perform a boast. As part if the same action, you recover focus. Normally boasts require certain conditions to be met before you can perform them; this one can be performed without any requirements.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    A108: as a standard action, you perform a boast. As part if the same action, you recover focus. Normally boasts require certain conditions to be met before you can perform them; this one can be performed without any requirements.
    Thanks, that clears things up nicely.

10. - Top - End - #190

Q 109

Was it intended for prodigy to not be able to open or link by giving magical buffs? Not really a rules question, just wanted to know if this was intended since concessions were made to make healer based prodigies work.
    Last edited by Tariyan Draegr; 2018-07-24 at 09:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Quick question about Lens talents that I'm sure has already been answered somewhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Light talents listed with the (lens) tag are talents that do not create light, but instead bend it or alter its properties. The caster may place a lens as a standard action on any target within the same range as their glow. This requires a melee or ranged touch attack on unwilling targets. A lens lasts as long as you concentrate, but you may spend a spell point to allow a lens to remain for 1 hour per caster level without concentration.

The wording of this seems a little imprecise, unless I'm overthinking it.
    Does a lens talent require an already existing glow to be active, or does the "any target within the same range as their glow." mean that a Lens talent has the same range as your normal Glow, which is Medium unless you extend it?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame_Effigy View Post
    Quick question about Lens talents that I'm sure has already been answered somewhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Light talents listed with the (lens) tag are talents that do not create light, but instead bend it or alter its properties. The caster may place a lens as a standard action on any target within the same range as their glow. This requires a melee or ranged touch attack on unwilling targets. A lens lasts as long as you concentrate, but you may spend a spell point to allow a lens to remain for 1 hour per caster level without concentration.

The wording of this seems a little imprecise, unless I'm overthinking it.
    Does a lens talent require an already existing glow to be active, or does the "any target within the same range as their glow." mean that a Lens talent has the same range as your normal Glow, which is Medium unless you extend it?
    The latter. Your quote is old wording that has been errata'd (and updated in the Illuminator's handbook), and the updated section now reads:

Light talents listed with the (lens) tag are talents that do not create light, but instead bend it or alter its properties. The caster may place a lens as a standard action on any target within Medium range. Effects that change the range of glows (such as the Ranged Light talent) also change the range of (lens) talents. This requires a melee or ranged touch attack on unwilling targets. A lens lasts as long as you concentrate, but you may spend a spell point to allow a lens to remain for 1 hour per caster level without concentration.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tariyan Draegr View Post
    Q 109

Was it intended for prodigy to not be able to open or link by giving magical buffs? Not really a rules question, just wanted to know if this was intended since concessions were made to make healer based prodigies work.
    A109: Casting a buff is automatic and often without cost aside from the action (you could cast one and concentrate, for example). Starting a sequence was intended to be a bit tougher, requiring some kind of successful offense. Healing is by its nature reactive and usually carries a cost, so unless you have someone walk around down a few HP so you can start a sequence by healing them in the first round (which would be action-inefficient), it is less certain than casting a buff.

14. - Top - End - #194

Q111: Can a Conscript with the Warleader specialization share any teamwork feat they possess, or only those gained through the specialization itself? It seems pretty similar to an enhanced tactic the Commander gets, but the wording leaves things unclear.
    Spoiler: Warleader Specialization
    Show
    Born Leader: At 3rd level and every five levels thereafter, a conscript gains a teamwork feat he qualifies for as a bonus feat. The conscript may share these feats with any ally currently benefiting from one of his tactics or shouts, even if they would not normally qualify for it.

Edit: Q112: If a character has redirected a condition to their delayed damage pool through use of the Durable or Cold Iron Call talents, and is then subject to an effect that would cure the condition, is the condition removed from the pool, similar to how healing effects work?

Example: Bob is inflicted with the shaken condition, which they redirect to their delayed damage pool. While the condition is still in the pool, Bob drinks a Panacea improved alchemical formulae, which would cure the shaken condition. Is the condition removed from the pool, or does the Panacea have no effect?
    Spoiler: Delayed Damage Pool
    Show
    You gain a delayed damage pool equal to your 3 x your base attack bonus. When you receive damage, as part of taking the damage you may redirect all or part of it to your delayed damage pool. Apply damage reduction and resistance before redirecting the damage. You may not redirect damage that would exceed the maximum capacity of the damage pool. Your delayed damage pool empties at the end of your turn each round, inflicting any damage stored in the pool on you, bypassing any damage reduction or resistance you possess and resetting to 0. Any additional effects of the attack, such as poison, are still incurred immediately even if the entire damage of the attack is redirected to the delayed damage pool. Any healing you receive in excess of your maximum hp automatically reduces the amount of damage in your delayed damage pool.

Spoiler: Cold Iron Call/Durable talents
    Show
    Cold Iron Call: When targeted by a spell or spell-like ability, you may delay the onset of its effects until the end of your next turn as if it were damage. Each effect is treated as if it were an amount of hit point damage equal to its caster level for the purpose of your delayed damage pool. If you do not have enough space remaining in the delayed damage pool, you may not delay the effect.

Durable: When targeted by a natural, extraordinary or supernatural ability that inflicts ability damage, ability drain, disease, negative levels, poison or any of the following conditions: (blinded, confused, cowering, dazed, dazzled, entangled, exhausted, fascinated, fatigued, frightened, nauseated, panicked, paralyzed, petrified, shaken, sickened, staggered, stunned, unconscious) you may delay the onset of its effects until the end of your next turn. Each effect is treated as if it were an amount of hit point damage equal to the attacking creature’s Hit Dice for determining the capacity of your delayed damage pool. If you do not have enough space remaining in the delayed damage pool, you may not delay the effect.

Spoiler: Panacea
    Show
    You create a vial of liquid that can be used as a potion, removing a single negative condition the drinker is currently suffering from. The conditions that a panacea can remove are determined by the Craft DC used for its creation:

• DC 20: Deafened, fatigued, shaken, sickened.
    • DC 30: Diseased, exhausted, nauseated, poisoned, staggered.
    • DC 40: Frightened, blinded, deafened, paralyzed, stunned.

Last edited by ICN; 2018-07-26 at 07:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Edit: Q112: If a character has redirected a condition to their delayed damage pool through use of the Durable or Cold Iron Call talents, and is then subject to an effect that would cure the condition, is the condition removed from the pool, similar to how healing effects work?

Example: Bob is inflicted with the shaken condition, which they redirect to their delayed damage pool. While the condition is still in the pool, Bob drinks a Panacea improved alchemical formulae, which would cure the shaken condition. Is the condition removed from the pool, or does the Panacea have no effect?
    Show
    You gain a delayed damage pool equal to your 3 x your base attack bonus. When you receive damage, as part of taking the damage you may redirect all or part of it to your delayed damage pool. Apply damage reduction and resistance before redirecting the damage. You may not redirect damage that would exceed the maximum capacity of the damage pool. Your delayed damage pool empties at the end of your turn each round, inflicting any damage stored in the pool on you, bypassing any damage reduction or resistance you possess and resetting to 0. Any additional effects of the attack, such as poison, are still incurred immediately even if the entire damage of the attack is redirected to the delayed damage pool. Any healing you receive in excess of your maximum hp automatically reduces the amount of damage in your delayed damage pool.

Show
    Cold Iron Call: When targeted by a spell or spell-like ability, you may delay the onset of its effects until the end of your next turn as if it were damage. Each effect is treated as if it were an amount of hit point damage equal to its caster level for the purpose of your delayed damage pool. If you do not have enough space remaining in the delayed damage pool, you may not delay the effect.

Durable: When targeted by a natural, extraordinary or supernatural ability that inflicts ability damage, ability drain, disease, negative levels, poison or any of the following conditions: (blinded, confused, cowering, dazed, dazzled, entangled, exhausted, fascinated, fatigued, frightened, nauseated, panicked, paralyzed, petrified, shaken, sickened, staggered, stunned, unconscious) you may delay the onset of its effects until the end of your next turn. Each effect is treated as if it were an amount of hit point damage equal to the attacking creature’s Hit Dice for determining the capacity of your delayed damage pool. If you do not have enough space remaining in the delayed damage pool, you may not delay the effect.

Show
    You create a vial of liquid that can be used as a potion, removing a single negative condition the drinker is currently suffering from. The conditions that a panacea can remove are determined by the Craft DC used for its creation:

A112: Looking through the quoted rules, there seems to be only one interpretation. Cold Iron Call and Durable turn other effects than pure damage into something, that is treated as damage. Thus I would treat anything which deals with the non-damage effects as something which heals damage. In other words, unless you are e.g. shaken twice (one affecting you, one in your delayed damage pool), the removal of shaken would affect the shaken in the delayed damage pool.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

16. - Top - End - #196

Imp

Q113

"Melt Earth" Talent:

a) if you melt the earth on a square someone is standing on, they get a reflex save for half, yes?`
    b) once they made or didn't make the save they "take the damage for d3 rounds", with Fortitude for half - does that refer to the initial taken damage, or just another CL/d6 each round?
    c) It has a duration of concentration - once you stop concentrating, does the creature hit by it continue its d3 rounds of damage? Does it get rooted in place?
    d) Can you move that 5ft Square during the concentration? or are you simply keeping that one 5ft square lava-tised?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q114.) I was reviewing the Trickster handbook with a player in my campaign and it was mentioned that there was some discussion around the silence talent, and keeping it in illusion. Could you enlighten me as to how that discussion went and the reason it was kept in illusion? Presumably it was to continue to emulate the core game but at this point my curiosity is piqued.

Regardless, I'm also specifically curious if it was ever mentioned for the protection sphere, since that seems to be the most apt sphere for it from outside the process.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

Q115: So I am looking at the Fusion Advanced Talent and I am a bit confused on the exact rulings when paired with the Teamwork feat Cooperative Mind.

Particularly this passage, "You may choose to cooperate, allowing each creature to use the body to take a standard action. This consumes the amalgamated body’s full round action, but leaves each mind with their normal move and swift actions."

So does that mean I could use my normal move action to actually move around? Or does that only allow me to use the move action for other types of actions that require a move action (such as quick teleport)?

I am confused by the wording that it consumes the full round action of the amalgamated body, but we still have our standard, move, and swift actions. Is the wording there to just prevent us from both using full round actions?

Any insights would be appreciated.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Lots of questions about the Sage

Enhancer Esoteric Training

Q116: Can the Sage choose to use an enhance talent as a standard action, on targets within close range, and concentrate on it normally or spend a spell ki point on it for it to last 1 minute/CL? Essentially, can an Enhancer Sage use “Standard Casting” with their bonus enhance talents?

Q117: When casting enhance talents as a swift action, how do an Enhancer Sage’s enhancer talents interact with the following enhancement talents, if at all?

Deep Enhancement
    Dual Enhancment
    Lingering Enhancement was answered here
    Mass Enhancement
    Ranged Enhancement

Q118: Can Rubber ki allow a Sage to apply beneficial, swift-cast enhance talents to their allies within their extended reach? It allows melee touch attacks, so I assume negative enhance talents can be applied using the increased reach.

Q119: Can Extend Spell be applied to swift-cast enhance talents, and if so how would it function?

Q120: Can Extend Spell be applied to the flight, the hardened skin, healing factor, and similar esoteries? (I’m assuming no)

Z Fighter Ki Blaster Esoteric Training, and esoteries.

Q121: For the Ki Blaster esoteries that are similar to blast shapes, do these esoteries count as the blast shapes they mimic for the purposes of prerequisites for feats and talents?
    Ex 1: If the Sage has ki bomb, would the Sage qualify for the orb expert feat?
    Ex 2: If the Sage has ki bomb, piercing beam, and scatter Blast, would the Sage qualify for the Calamity (blast shape) advanced talent?

Q122: Are ki blasts and chi gong considered separate weapons? If I have weapon focus (chi gong) do the attack rolls for energy bomb and severing ki disc receive the +1 to hit?

Q123: How do critical hits with chi gong and ki blasts work? If a level 20 Sage with ki blaster, severing ki disc, and improved critical (appropriate weapon) spend a ki point for a 20d6 ki disc, does a critical do 60d6 for andaverage of 210 damage?

Style Talents

Q124:The text says a Sage may qualify for a casting tradition, can the Sage take general or sphere specific drawbacks to gain bonus ki points or boons?

Q125: Can the Sage take a unified tradition?

Q126: Can Enhancers and Ki Blasters take sphere-specific drawbacks for the Enhancement and Destruction spheres?
    Last edited by Midnightninja; 2018-08-12 at 08:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Q127: Does a Prodigy's Imbued Sequence ability count as using a life sphere ability for the purpose of Vitality talents and the Endless Possibilities feat?
    Spoiler: Imbued Sequence
    Show
    At 2nd level, as part of starting a sequence, the prodigy may infuse himself with mystic energy tied to one magic sphere she possesses. Only a single imbue ability may be applied at a time, though the imbuement may be changed as a swift action. If the sequence ends or the prodigy changes the imbuement, any benefits of the imbuement are lost immediately. Each imbuement also unlocks the (finish) ability or abilities tied to the same sphere. If an ability has a range or save DC, it is defined based on the prodigy’s caster level with that sphere. Imbuement effects do not cost spell points or require concentration unless noted. Beginning an imbuement or activating a finisher are sphere effects, though neither provokes attacks of opportunity.

Spoiler: Vitality Talents
    Show
    This section also includes vitality talents. A caster with one or more vitality talents may grant a bonus to any ally they use a Life sphere ability on as a free action made when they use that sphere ability. This includes using Fount of Life and granting effects with a duration, such as Revitalize. The bonus lasts for up to 1 minute, or until the ally takes damage from either failing a saving throw or being hit with an attack roll. In the case of abilities with a duration, the minute starts when the ability is used, and ends 1 minute later at the latest, even if the triggering ability is still in effect. If a caster possesses multiple vitality talents, only one talent takes effect when they use a Life sphere ability on an ally, but a single Life sphere ability that affects multiple allies may affect different allies with different vitality talents. A creature can benefit from a vitality talent attached to a Life ability, even if they don’t actually gain anything from the Life ability (such as using cure on a creature at full hit points).

Spoiler: Endless Possibilities
    Show

Prerequisites: Fate sphere, Life sphere.
    Benefit: Whenever you use a Life sphere ability on an ally, they receive a +1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks until the end of their next turn. This bonus increases by +1 for every 5 Life caster levels you possess.

Edit: Missed this earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    A112: Looking through the quoted rules, there seems to be only one interpretation. Cold Iron Call and Durable turn other effects than pure damage into something, that is treated as damage. Thus I would treat anything which deals with the non-damage effects as something which heals damage. In other words, unless you are e.g. shaken twice (one affecting you, one in your delayed damage pool), the removal of shaken would affect the shaken in the delayed damage pool.
    That's how I'd read it, but it would be nice to get some official confirmation
    Last edited by ICN; 2018-07-28 at 01:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by kkplx View Post
    Q113

"Melt Earth" Talent:

a) if you melt the earth on a square someone is standing on, they get a reflex save for half, yes?`
    b) once they made or didn't make the save they "take the damage for d3 rounds", with Fortitude for half - does that refer to the initial taken damage, or just another CL/d6 each round?
    c) It has a duration of concentration - once you stop concentrating, does the creature hit by it continue its d3 rounds of damage? Does it get rooted in place?
    d) Can you move that 5ft Square during the concentration? or are you simply keeping that one 5ft square lava-tised?
    A113

a) Yes
    b) The fortitude is for the damage taken during the d3 rounds after they leave the lava.
    c) If you stop concentrating the d3 rounds of damage also stops; If the creature is in the lava when the concentration ends, they are immobilized (creatures who are not in the lava when concentration ends is not immobilized).
    d) You cannot move that 5ft square during the concentration.

22. - Top - End - #202

DruidGuy

Q128

A caster using the Spheres of Power system can get the drawback Skilled Casting. This forces her to roll a Craft, Perform, or Profession check in order to cast spells. This means that she must be able to perform the action, which is similar to having verbal or somatic casting components. The description of the drawback says:

A caster with Skilled Casting must be able to perform their skill to use their magic, which is similar to but not the same as possessing other drawbacks. For example, a caster who must draw to create magic must have at least one hand free, although unless he also possesses Somatic Casting he may do so while wearing heavy armor without a chance of arcane spell failure.
    How would metamagic feats such as Silent Spell and Still spell interact with said requirement?

For example, Thiana the Sorceress has Skilled Casting and Somatic Casting as drawbacks. Her Skilled Casting requires her to roll a Craft (calligraphy) check in order to cast a spell, so she needs a free hand to cast. She also chooses Still Spell as her first-level feat. I can imagine three ways in which the rules might interact:

1. Still Spell would be useless in most cases. She might be able to use it to ignore any chance of arcane spell failure, but she wouldn't be able to cast while being bound or otherwise immobilised, because she still needs a free hand to perform the skill check.
    2. Still Spell would allow her to ignore both drawbacks. If she uses Still Spell when creating a magic effect, she doesn't need to move at all and therefore she doesn't need to do any skill checks either.
    3. Still Spell would allow her to cast while being bound or otherwise immobilised, but would still require the skill check. So she wouldn't need to have at least one free hand to perform the skill check, but the skill check would still be necessary.

Which one of these is correct? Or do they interact in another way?

23. - Top - End - #203

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Mehangel View Post
    A113

a) Yes
    b) The fortitude is for the damage taken during the d3 rounds after they leave the lava.
    c) If you stop concentrating the d3 rounds of damage also stops; If the creature is in the lava when the concentration ends, they are immobilized (creatures who are not in the lava when concentration ends is not immobilized).
    d) You cannot move that 5ft square during the concentration.
    Do they take the full d6 per CL damage every round though, getting a fort save each round to half it?

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by kkplx View Post
    Do they take the full d6 per CL damage every round though, getting a fort save each round to half it?
    Yes, the creature gets a Fort save each of the d3 rounds to half the damage taken.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q129

So, advanced magical training allows a caster to get CL as if their non casting classes were low casting classes. They also get to choose a tradition if the GM permits. I suppose this would be GM choice but, if they WERE to take a casting tradition, and elect to not get boons with their drawbacks, would they get spell points as if those non-casting levels were casting levels?

Advanced Magical Training [Core]
    Prerequisites: Basic Magical Training or 1 level in a casting class.

Benefit: Treat your levels in non-casting classes as low-casting classes when determining your total caster level. If you do not possess levels in a casting class, increase your spell point pool to equal your casting ability modifier. With GM permission, you may also select a casting tradition when you gain this feat.
    Edit: Q129 Part B

Do those 'sort of' casting levels apply to anything else such as MSB and MSD? Or any other derived abilities based on levels in casting classes instead of Caster Level?
    Last edited by Drakhan; 2018-07-29 at 12:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhan View Post
    Q129

So, advanced magical training allows a caster to get CL as if their non casting classes were low casting classes. They also get to choose a tradition if the GM permits. I suppose this would be GM choice but, if they WERE to take a casting tradition, and elect to not get boons with their drawbacks, would they get spell points as if those non-casting levels were casting levels?

Edit: Q129 Part B

Do those 'sort of' casting levels apply to anything else such as MSB and MSD? Or any other derived abilities based on levels in casting classes instead of Caster Level?
    A129: AMT does grant spell points and other casting class level benefits. Pretty sure that this was clarified in one of the earlier threads. In that vein, racial levels count as this, too.
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

27. - Top - End - #207

Imp

A129correction

AMT does one thing and one thing only, which is letting your non-casting class levels count as low level casting progression for purpose of Spheres CL

- It does not grant MSB or MSD
    - It does not grant Spell points beyond those provided by your casting ability modifier, even with a tradition
    - It does not apply to racial HD

In previous threads, different DMs as well as the Developers discussed levels of houserules which add one or more of the above aspects to the feat, but Rules as written and originally intended, all you get is what's written in the feat
    Last edited by kkplx; 2018-07-30 at 11:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Q111: Q112: If a character has redirected a condition to their delayed damage pool through use of the Durable or Cold Iron Call talents, and is then subject to an effect that would cure the condition, is the condition removed from the pool, similar to how healing effects work?

Show

Show

Show

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    A112: Yes, you may remove the effect from the pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalTimothy View Post
    Q115: So I am looking at the Fusion Advanced Talent and I am a bit confused on the exact rulings when paired with the Teamwork feat Cooperative Mind.

Particularly this passage, "You may choose to cooperate, allowing each creature to use the body to take a standard action. This consumes the amalgamated body’s full round action, but leaves each mind with their normal move and swift actions."

So does that mean I could use my normal move action to actually move around? Or does that only allow me to use the move action for other types of actions that require a move action (such as quick teleport)?

I am confused by the wording that it consumes the full round action of the amalgamated body, but we still have our standard, move, and swift actions. Is the wording there to just prevent us from both using full round actions?

Any insights would be appreciated.
    A215:With the feat, each component creature may take a standard action using the amalgamated body. Doing so means that the amalgamated body can't take a move action that turn. Each creature in the body can still take a mental only move and swift action (quickened spell with no verbal/somatic/skill components, concentration with easy focus, etc.)
    Q127: Does a Prodigy's Imbued Sequence ability count as using a life sphere ability for the purpose of Vitality talents and the Endless Possibilities feat?
    Spoiler: Imbued Sequence
    Show
    At 2nd level, as part of starting a sequence, the prodigy may infuse himself with mystic energy tied to one magic sphere she possesses. Only a single imbue ability may be applied at a time, though the imbuement may be changed as a swift action. If the sequence ends or the prodigy changes the imbuement, any benefits of the imbuement are lost immediately. Each imbuement also unlocks the (finish) ability or abilities tied to the same sphere. If an ability has a range or save DC, it is defined based on the prodigy’s caster level with that sphere. Imbuement effects do not cost spell points or require concentration unless noted. Beginning an imbuement or activating a finisher are sphere effects, though neither provokes attacks of opportunity.

Spoiler: Vitality Talents
    Show
    This section also includes vitality talents. A caster with one or more vitality talents may grant a bonus to any ally they use a Life sphere ability on as a free action made when they use that sphere ability. This includes using Fount of Life and granting effects with a duration, such as Revitalize. The bonus lasts for up to 1 minute, or until the ally takes damage from either failing a saving throw or being hit with an attack roll. In the case of abilities with a duration, the minute starts when the ability is used, and ends 1 minute later at the latest, even if the triggering ability is still in effect. If a caster possesses multiple vitality talents, only one talent takes effect when they use a Life sphere ability on an ally, but a single Life sphere ability that affects multiple allies may affect different allies with different vitality talents. A creature can benefit from a vitality talent attached to a Life ability, even if they don’t actually gain anything from the Life ability (such as using cure on a creature at full hit points).

Spoiler: Endless Possibilities
    Show

Prerequisites: Fate sphere, Life sphere.
    Benefit: Whenever you use a Life sphere ability on an ally, they receive a +1 luck bonus to all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks until the end of their next turn. This bonus increases by +1 for every 5 Life caster levels you possess.

Edit: Missed this earlier

That's how I'd read it, but it would be nice to get some official confirmation
    A127: Beginning the imbuement or activating the finisher count as a sphere effect. It does not specify that they count as an effect of that sphere. I am not sure if there are any other cases were it matters, but I would say yes, it counts as that sphere.

29. - Top - End - #209

RedWizardGuy

Q130: Can a Parzivallian Knight select the special consecration granted by Knight of Wands for their Idylls?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Q131 - Any particular reason the Armiger can't use customized weapons with siege weapons? Sounds like a good candidate for a Prowess...