New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31

Default Re: Grrl Power IV: Constantly Expanded Universe

Yeah. But it would've been fun to see, just for what it would teach us about portals and the shield.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Good thing Peggy stayed in the helicopter. No way she'd have survived that if she was in the cave mouth.

3. - Top - End - #33

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. this really make it seem like raising the shield were the solution that saved Dabbler and 1/5 Harem.
    If they had gone though that portal, then the explosion likely would have killed them.
    Of course the worrying bit is now if they are stuck.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #35

Of course they aren't. If they lose the portal now, we can't have a dozen strips of them trying to figure out how to close it before the pod people invade.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

No.. we could instead have an entire story arc about them being stuck in outer space.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah this is kinda bad. If the area around the portal remained intact, at least enough to get through, its likely max could at least drive her way through to force an exit point while sydney flies the rest up with her shield. If its collapsed completely, they are going to have to find another way home. I REALLY hope not because introducing a freaking space faction on top of the super faction, on top of the supernatural faction, is getting absurd. A entire arc dedicated to trying to find a way back while dealing with alien races is going to get annoying. Its like, "Ok, we had one arc with super villains, lets never mention them again, now we have one arc with supernatural villains, lets never mention them again, now lets have an arc with space alie villains. GEE, I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ITS OVER?!?!?!?"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No.. we could instead have an entire story arc about them being stuck in outer space.
    I really hope this isn't the direction he goes in. I like most of the characters that would be left behind.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2018-07-02 at 10:01 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm guessing the next course of action for the stranded group is, Syd keeps the shield up, and she and Max both fly/push towards the portal and plow the bubble through the rubble. It makes sense for them, to defend from further attacks and de-ass the area with as much quickness as possible, and coincidentally it will help them deal with the collapsing mountain on the other side of the portal.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

10. - Top - End - #40

I wonder if maxima on the inside of the shield, can push it forward with sydney to impart the force needed to shove a party sized hole in the rubble? The shield is all but unpoppable, but sydney herself lacks the strength needed to clear may many tons of rubble, while maxima is strong enough to probably get herself out, but unlikely to make an opening large enough and stable enough for others to use.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm.. this really make it seem like raising the shield were the solution that saved Dabbler and 1/5 Harem.
    If they had gone though that portal, then the explosion likely would have killed them.
    Of course the worrying bit is now if they are stuck.
    She possibly saved Hiro as well. He hasn't demonstrated durability anywhere near Maxima's. Getting caught in a blast that big and then having a mountain dropped on his head is way beyond anything he's been hit with before.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    She possibly saved Hiro as well. He hasn't demonstrated durability anywhere near Maxima's. Getting caught in a blast that big and then having a mountain dropped on his head is way beyond anything he's been hit with before.
    Yep, he was most clearly injured during the super brawl. I think stalwart broke some ribs with his space shuttle move. Its harder to judge his other injuries because we dont know how strong the other bad guys were.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Naked Achilles Carried Through the Portal By Debris' Last Words: "Hey, guys. What's that?"

14. - Top - End - #44

Actually, you don't need Halo providing propulsion here. Maxima provides the thrust, Halo keeps up the bubble bus and uses the PPO to carve an opening in the rock.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Have we actually seen An outside force (or inside force, in this case) propel the bubble? I know it floats in water, but I cant recall if it was ever sent flying when somebody pushed on it or hit it with something, from either direction.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Have we actually seen An outside force (or inside force, in this case) propel the bubble? I know it floats in water, but I cant recall if it was ever sent flying when somebody pushed on it or hit it with something, from either direction.
    Vehemence pulled her along by the lighthook while she was bubbled up.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah this is kinda bad. If the area around the portal remained intact, at least enough to get through, its likely max could at least drive her way through to force an exit point while sydney flies the rest up with her shield. If its collapsed completely, they are going to have to find another way home. I REALLY hope not because introducing a freaking space faction on top of the super faction, on top of the supernatural faction, is getting absurd. A entire arc dedicated to trying to find a way back while dealing with alien races is going to get annoying. Its like, "Ok, we had one arc with super villains, lets never mention them again, now we have one arc with supernatural villains, lets never mention them again, now lets have an arc with space alie villains. GEE, I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ITS OVER?!?!?!?"
    We get two thirds through the alien arc, only for the plot to get short-circuited by Deus showing up in his annual visit to Bone Town with some alien princess or something and he takes them back to Earth through his portal-gun.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

… Oh, right. The bad guy is still here.

19. - Top - End - #49

I was really hoping we'd seen the last of her.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Any guesses on what that spell is? I'm thinking she is opening a portal back to earth.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 40kenthusiast View Post
    Any guesses on what that spell is? I'm thinking she is opening a portal back to earth.
    That seems unlikely, given that opening a portal from Earth required a big ritual with a custom-made artifact. I suspect the spell involves the soul battery she just found, though what exactly it's going to do with it is beyond me.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

I am kinda confused about what she is up to as well.
    Either she will draw the souls out to empower herself. Or else she will hide herself as well in there.

23. - Top - End - #53

Im thinking she will empower herself with the soul magic of her entire race. Boom, instantly upgraded to actual threat.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

I am kinda confused about what she is up to as well.
    Either she will draw the souls out to empower herself. Or else she will hide herself as well in there.
    She will draw the souls to empower herself. You didn't read the text author wrote:

“And… would we just be unconscious until we could be housed in new, uh, meat? Or..”

“Oh no, we would exist in a state of mind shattering horror for the duration.”

“Sounds good! Let’s do it!”

Alien civilizations are weird.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

She will draw the souls to empower herself. You didn't read the text author wrote:
    No, i always read everything. But the text you quote there dont in any way state that Sciona will drain the souls.

26. - Top - End - #56

Yeah, the cubes are soul prisons. Makes you wonder what they expected from the afterlife to make that the preferred option.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. perhaps A) they did not expect an afterlife? and B) hoped to be downloadet into a new flesh puppet another time?

28. - Top - End - #58

If resleeving was an option, why didn't the Alari trying to talk the other into it say so?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    If resleeving was an option, why didn't the Alari trying to talk the other into it say so?
    Because it was making fun of the fact that this is a transparently bad idea, not attempting to accurately model the thought process behind why they did it?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    He did. It said 'And we would be unconcious until we are hosted in the new meat?'

and the reply was 'Oh no, we would exist in a state of mind crushing horror for the duration'

Emphasis mine. So the plan is to be rehosted at some point, but being in a soul box is still incredibly awful. Anyways, I'm going to suggest that maybe Sciona isn't going to shove them all in her own body, but return to Earth and begin abducting humans to use as hosts.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.