New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power IV: Constantly Expanded Universe

It does seem wierd how she is acting though. Even how she was on the plane ride to bring deus the artifact she seemed kinda detached, maybe its an attempt to further develop her character in rpeperation for elarning more about what she is?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

I got, “I really enjoyed this shopping trip and general fun around the station and now I’m bored I have to go to work again.” Particularly after her super happy face in the background of a shot holding some random looking doohickey.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I got, “I really enjoyed this shopping trip and general fun around the station and now I’m bored I have to go to work again.” Particularly after her super happy face in the background of a shot holding some random looking doohickey.
    Heh she may be accustomed to advanced tech and is now like, "Welp, back to Amish country!" Honestly, it wouldnt surprise me one bit if deus never ever becomes a criminal of the type archon deals with. I get the feeling that while he doesnt hesitate to do what he wants legal or not, he isnt into supervillany as such, just making all of the money. Like his only reason to connect with archon is to sell them stuff and keep his ear to the ground for useful supers he can "rehabilitate" or artifacts he can scrounge up like he did with sciona.... so he can make more money.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh she may be accustomed to advanced tech and is now like, "Welp, back to Amish country!" Honestly, it wouldnt surprise me one bit if deus never ever becomes a criminal of the type archon deals with. I get the feeling that while he doesnt hesitate to do what he wants legal or not, he isnt into supervillany as such, just making all of the money. Like his only reason to connect with archon is to sell them stuff and keep his ear to the ground for useful supers he can "rehabilitate" or artifacts he can scrounge up like he did with sciona.... so he can make more money.
    I still think there's a big reveal coming (probably still a long way off) that Deus is actually Zeus. I just thought his face scar fits too, Athena was born out of his face.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2019-01-11 at 01:03 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Honestly, it wouldnt surprise me one bit if deus never ever becomes a criminal of the type archon deals with. I get the feeling that while he doesnt hesitate to do what he wants legal or not, he isnt into supervillany as such, just making all of the money. Like his only reason to connect with archon is to sell them stuff and keep his ear to the ground for useful supers he can "rehabilitate" or artifacts he can scrounge up like he did with sciona.... so he can make more money.
    Naw, the reason he's watching Archon so much is because he wants to nail Max even more than Dabbler does. Making tons of money is great and all, but that's more a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I still think there's a big reveal coming (probably still a long way off) that Deus is actually Zeus. I just thought his face scar fits too, Athena was born out of his face.
    That's a very good observation. His libido seems a lot like Zues's, that's for sure.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    That's a very good observation. His libido seems a lot like Zues's, that's for sure.
    His lightning abilities needed some work though.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

7. - Top - End - #757

8. - Top - End - #758

A part of me is very curious about sydneys personal life before this. I mean, did she date much at all? Its hard to tell as even with a solid dating history, this is hardly an unreasonable reaction to three perfect specimens of your preferred genders displaying themselves in front of you. Especially with an open offer of shenanigans if you like. Quite frankly had it been three dabblers posing with that offer I doubt I would have been able to accept that offer right away. Or even at all really. You may enjoy reading penthouse forum letters but enacting one is probably a different story lol.

9. - Top - End - #759

Given Harem's snide remarks about Sydney's shaving schedule in one of the shower scenes, it's been a while. Also, given how erratic she is, Sydney probably qualifies as more high maintenance than most guys in her former economic caste could afford to deal with.

10. - Top - End - #760

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Given Harem's snide remarks about Sydney's shaving schedule in one of the shower scenes, it's been a while. Also, given how erratic she is, Sydney probably qualifies as more high maintenance than most guys in her former economic caste could afford to deal with.
    Yeah I knew she wasnt currently or recently dating anyone, but I wasnt sure if we should take the exceptionally strong reaction to seeing hot dudes posing as say, a sign of virginity and lack of exposure to real world nudity, or just being body shy, or just being overwhelmed by a bunch of 10s when your only experience has been with 5s or lower.

11. - Top - End - #761

She seems fairly comfortable discussing sex with Dabbler at the club, so she has some experience. I think her main issue is her crippling self-image issues, which hanging around supers isn't helping any.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I thought there was one comic when she said she was a virgin (or at least strongly hinted at it). I think in response to some comment or teasing from one of the obviously-experienced Archonites, or maybe just in response to the <brother of the woman that was hired to help out at the comic shop; I forget the names and general description>.

But maybe it was just a mention of little experience dating, or just a complete mistake of my memory.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

We don't really know much about Sydney.

* We know she takes birth control, but that can easily be as much about mitigating PMS as it is about avoiding pregnancy.
    * We know she claims she got her orbs during a scuba session in the Florida Keys.
    * We know she tried to experiment with the orbs and fled the scene when the PPO set a forest fire.
    * We know she once got mugged and reacted so fiercely that the police were disturbed by the scene.
    * We know she owns part of her comic store, and was an active participant in its running.
    * We know she is on good terms with her parents, as she wanted them to know about her becoming Halo before it hit the news.
    * We know she earns her name of Scoville in the most literal way plausible.
    * We know she has an Edward Elric body pillow.
    * We know she has an appreciation for the male form, drooling over the male members of Archon on the first day and the maliens of Cora's ship.
    * We know she has little to no compunctions against crude and insinuatory comments and jokes. At times surprising even Harem.

What else have we learned?

Curiously, I think we know more about Max and Dabbler than we do about Sydney.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

14. - Top - End - #764

You forgot caffeine addict and irregularly practicing vegetarian. Candidate for Lord High Geek as well, if her conversations with Leon are any indication.

15. - Top - End - #765

Watch, she is hitting on the one crew member that is NOT part of the free love harem. So all she is doing is making him very uncomfortable. Because thats what happens to sydney. Half a dozen adonis types all likely willing and eager to have some fun with a new girl and she picks the shy guy who is waiting till marriage. And on top of it all, it gets cora and crew angry because how dare she hit on sweet boy frix?

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Naw, she's actually not hitting on him. She loves the feel of fur in a no sexual way. Remember when she met the werewolf? And we do know a few other things about Sydney, but best not to mention them here.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

17. - Top - End - #767

Ok so shes not actually hitting on him but she is making him uncomfortable.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

The girl is living the dream up there. Shame she seems to be, if not confirmed monogamous at least in the shy side and probably not up for casual stuff if her various reactions and the like are any indication.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

19. - Top - End - #769

Ironically, because she's not treating him as a sex object. (instead, he's a talking pet)

20. - Top - End - #770
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    We don't really know much about Sydney.

* We know ...
    What else have we learned?
    ... we know lots about the fiction/fantasy worlds she knows herself. That for itself isn't really a fact about her personal life, but a fact that she spent thousands of hours of said personal life [and also a lot of money] on consuming literature, films, games and TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    And we do know a few other things about Sydney, but best not to mention them here.
    Yeah, better not mention it here, lest readers of the forum might think Sydney is a nerd. Right.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

So apparently offering to help groom the guy is considered a fairly explicit advance? Regardless that bit with the heart monitor cracked me up.

22. - Top - End - #772

I'm surprised it didn't melt.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

I’m surprised she didn’t melt.

24. - Top - End - #774

Wait until she gets the bath, for we remember the last time.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    So apparently offering to help groom the guy is considered a fairly explicit advance? Regardless that bit with the heart monitor cracked me up.
    Personally I would put it on the same level as giving someone a massage I guess. So it does not have to be sexual at all, but it is a close physical interaction which can go in different directions.

Besides, things differ between cultures, so for him it might be a pretty intimate activity while Sydney might have instinctively thought of it to be on the level of brushing hair for another human without considering the obvious anatomic differences.

26. - Top - End - #776

Ive lost track of time, isnt it kind of a bad time of month for her to be in the bath? Or getting her freak on with a handsome furry alien? Or was that way back in time?

27. - Top - End - #777

That was maybe a week ago.

28. - Top - End - #778

Seems like sydney both wants to take advantage of this offer and yet is really nervous about accepting it.

29. - Top - End - #779

Well, different species, different cultures, different life experiences. Always best to check to make sure everyone's on the same page.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Seems like sydney both wants to take advantage of this offer and yet is really nervous about accepting it.
    Which is a very natural reaction. While it most likely is not her first time, this is a very new situation for her and she does have body image issues when surrounded by all the perfect figure superheroes and aliens. Thus nervousness.

On the other hand, the guy is an eye-catcher, seems nice and is quite exotic to her which is its own appeal. Plus, you know. Thus extremely excited.
    Last edited by Radar; 2019-01-24 at 02:10 PM.