New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power IV: Constantly Expanded Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I will admit the setup of the sciona sex scene came off badly, it felt a bit more coerced than I like, but combined with how the rest of the interaction went, primarily her reaction to his offer I think it was meant to come off as two powerful dangerous beings arranging a liaison while determined to keep the upper hand in some fashion. Like he made the offer because she is hot and its something he wants, she was interested but played it off as a "...Fine. Just dont disappoint me mortal." power game between them. I just went back and reread that section and wow, I didnt remember it was LITERALLY the next comic after harem. Yeah thats a bit much. I agree, so long as we dont get back to back conquest scenes of deus im good with that.

On a related note, wow, it seems like he knew exactly what she was planning on doing right from the start. He told her where to go then told vale he has no problem letting her do all the work for him to take advantage of. He let her go through all the trouble of forging the combined artifact he wanted to open portals with just so he couldnt be connected to it in any way when he had vale retrieve it from the wreckage which they will likely spend months combing through looking for it and then write it off when it doesnt turn up. "Guess we just couldnt locate it or it was destroyed by the blast."
    It was downright the worst part of the comic thus far. And it really makes Deus come off as a Mary Sue to boot, as much as I dislike the term.

My ongoing theory though is that Vale is the Soul Battery from Sciona's homeworld.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am now wondering how the time travel theories (revolving around Harem's observation) fit into this development.

Edit: who else thinks that Altus' artifact of unspeakable cuddles is a test of character for the Alari passengers?

To me it looks as if Alari have a similar racial profile as the Drow. We only know Sciona, but Sciona knew her people and was be secure of their support. That they use soul batteries as an emergency procedure does them no favor.
    The Alari may be in dire need right now, but if the tables are turned? Drow would be merciless... And actively seek for all turnable tables.
    Last edited by Onyavar; 2019-02-12 at 01:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I honestly can't tell if she's derping right now or actually trying to be a hero.
    And the winning bet is actually being a hero. Although, as Dave notes, it's easier when you're using someone else's resources.

And dammit, now I want to know about 'Cuddles'.

4. - Top - End - #814

Aaaand we're back to skeeviness.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

We are? How is having a kink, or a bunch of kinks, skeevy?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #816

When I read that I thought I would see Deus again when opening the comic.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Just so I can get a baseline, do you consider just about an mentioned on sexuality to be skeevy? Because this was fairly tame and kinda pretty funny.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

8. - Top - End - #818

The skeeviness comes from deliberately rubbing it in Sydney's face, even though it is abundantly clear that this is well past her comfort levels.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The skeeviness comes from deliberately rubbing it in Sydney's face, even though it is abundantly clear that this is well past her comfort levels.
    This isn't "rubbing it in her face", she was genuinely skeptical that these things existed. Its not like Cora was pushing her to use them, or even offering to demonstrate them or anything like that.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

This is the same girl who once accidentally admitted to literally having dreams about friendly frisky tentacles. I doubt she has been seriously scandalized.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I have to wonder, if these are the after effects, why is this stuff even legal to sell? Why would anybody even manufacture it?

12. - Top - End - #822
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I have to wonder, if these are the after effects, why is this stuff even legal to sell? Why would anybody even manufacture it?
    For the same reason that restaurants sometimes have wings so hot they turn your face purple if you eat them. Its a challenge, a test of "courage" for lack of a better term, or since this involves intergalactic alien races, its entirely possible there are species out there who need this stuff as part of their regular diet and this is just how it effects people who arent supposed to be eating it. Remember the menu had a genetic scanner on it to list what they could make that wouldnt outright kill you but was also full of items with various warnings.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #823

I was already wondering why no one was coming here to complain about poo jokes. Of which there are now two in a row.

Well, the childish/teenage taste in this comic's jokes is really offputting by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Chili is legal, too. There are vendors out there who DO warn you, just like the guy on fracture did.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I was in fact coming to say this joke has worn out its welcome by now. Maybe we can get a cutaway to Deus.

15. - Top - End - #825

Well it looks like Sydney found a level of spiciness even she thinks is too much. So that joke has jumped the shark now.

16. - Top - End - #826

Its been two comics, one setting it up, and the second completing it. I fully expect the next comic to transition from this to the next gag. Likely her walking off the ship wherever they are planning to land rubbing her butt or some such thing. Speaking of, exactly how ARE they planning to drop sydney off? I mean, without getting spotted. As for too hot, nah, she wont eat it again because of the after effects, not because it was too spicy.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of, exactly how ARE they planning to drop sydney off? I mean, without getting spotted. As for too hot, nah, she wont eat it again because of the after effects, not because it was too spicy.
    Go into stealth/cloak/whatever mode, throw her out the airlock somewhere out by Jupiter, let her fly back the rest of the way? Or they'll have a teleporter or portal device they can set up to connect to an endpoint in Dabbler's lab, maybe.

18. - Top - End - #828

High altitude pass and kick Sydney out the door with her shield and fly orbs up. She can do the rest herself. Including calling Max to report in.

19. - Top - End - #829

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Go into stealth/cloak/whatever mode, throw her out the airlock somewhere out by Jupiter, let her fly back the rest of the way? Or they'll have a teleporter or portal device they can set up to connect to an endpoint in Dabbler's lab, maybe.
    She still takes forever for lunar travel. She has hyperspace and in atmo level speed. And doesnt really understand the hyperspace. So jupiter is unlikely. :p

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Considering that Dabbler is on planet already and knows the ship is coming, there is probably a nice private airstrip ready someplace.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Considering that Dabbler is on planet already and knows the ship is coming, there is probably a nice private airstrip ready someplace.
    If so, it's probably Deus will be there to greet her. And casually raise an eyebrow when she mentions visiting a Dyson Sphere crossed with a shopping center.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

22. - Top - End - #832

And as per usual, trying to fix one thing on a website borks several others. The comic's showing now, though.

23. - Top - End - #833

Its been two comics, one setting it up, and the second completing it. I fully expect the next comic to transition from this to the next gag. Likely her walking off the ship wherever they are planning to land rubbing her butt or some such thing. Speaking of, exactly how ARE they planning to drop sydney off? I mean, without getting spotted. As for too hot, nah, she wont eat it again because of the after effects, not because it was too spicy.
    BOOM! Headshot! lol I knew it would have a brief mention of the previous gag then move on to the next. Missed on them being back though. Ah well. I figured her being stuck in the bathroom would have been the perfect way to star wipe to the return home, guess not.

24. - Top - End - #834

FINALLY! Maybe we can get a little tutorial for sydney so she at least knows more or less how her space travel will work. Since one of the navigators is gushing over how intuitive it is, they should be able to go "See this? This is how you steer. This is destination, this shows how safe the trip is" Unfortunately it wont be immediately useful unless dave is sending us to space for the next arc or three. But maybe it will come in handy with a deus related arc.

25. - Top - End - #835

Well, it's also possible that figuring out one thing will help Sydney figure out others. Actually, she's pretty good at non-linear thought, so that's likely. It may also help with the mystery orb.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

I hope they poke at how more tech savvy smart people will go on about how intuitive things are while the rest of us morons just look on confused.

27. - Top - End - #837

And Sydney has another person quietly pushing her into not yet appropriate actions. Usually it's just one of the voices in her head, but not this time.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Did it skip a comic or something? Im confused.

29. - Top - End - #839

A couple pages back the 'demon' guy jabbed one of his horns into her ear while checking out the orb display. She's getting that healed.

Dave just moved from 'Let's shove X inappropriate destinations into your browser history' to medbay without spelling out the destinations or having Cora complain about Sydney bleeding on the deck.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Did it skip a comic or something? Im confused.
    The opposite. There was an extra comic in between when she got stabbed and now.