New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power IV: Constantly Expanded Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    The opposite. There was an extra comic in between when she got stabbed and now.
    And I only just noticed she has blood stains on her shirt because of that injury.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

2. - Top - End - #842

And we're back to Earth. And that was a nice wall----for a panel.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... the face seems kind of familiar (Spoiler in the link I guess?). Strange, I say.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

hmm.. not certain if its the same guy.
    Would be a bit unlike someone so careful and low key to go on a rampage.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #845

More importantly, Zvonamir wouldn't be whining about an alien invasion. He knows they're already here, and have been for millennia.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, Maxima is gonna be so upset when she learns that the legal system does not in fact consider extraterrestrials "people". Heck, they don't even qualify as animals. I think extraterrestrials are technically considered a kind of meteorite.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #847
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Man, Maxima is gonna be so upset when she learns that the legal system does not in fact consider extraterrestrials "people". Heck, they don't even qualify as animals. I think extraterrestrials are technically considered a kind of meteorite.
    I dont think extraterrestrials are considered at all. Should make for an interesting time to be a lawyer. Some sides pushing the expansion of all men are created equal to include all sentient life, others trying to get it codified that it only applies to humans and so we need all different laws dealing with aliens. Religious groups screaming, conspiracy theorists dancing in the streets.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ok, that's not good at all. How much do you to bet it's in the country Deus runs?
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2019-03-14 at 06:44 AM.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Well it is somewhere down there in africa.
    But i guess the public apperance of a spaceship full of refugee's does explain the other guy rampaging around.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #850

Oooh, Horn of Africa. As if that wasn't enough of a powder keg already.

Deus' new estate is somewhere in West Africa.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Oooh, Horn of Africa. As if that wasn't enough of a powder keg already.

Deus' new estate is somewhere in West Africa.
    Central Africa, I think.

https://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/...allest-wallet/

"those territories really belong to the Democratic Republic of Congo."
    "The DRC didn't exist back when General Indinge took over what is now Galytn and seceded from Zaire."

The indicator for the ship shows someplace in eastern Ethiopia, I think.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-03-14 at 10:49 AM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Central Africa, I think.

https://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/...allest-wallet/

"those territories really belong to the Democratic Republic of Congo."
    "The DRC didn't exist back when General Indinge took over what is now Galytn and seceded from Zaire."

The indicator for the ship shows someplace in eastern Ethiopia, I think.
    Unless I read the Satellite Overhead Graphic wrong: there are two red lines that show the zoomed-out colony ship model. They point to, roughly, the Kivu region in Eastern Kongo/Zaire, which is supposedly a place for Galtyn. Although my headcanon was placing Galtyn near Katanga, but nobody ever said that in-comic, so it seems to be Kivu. [Edit: Looking closer, it could also be Zambia, the point seems to be right west of the Malawi lake. Kivu would be in the center of the red triangle. Or my optics are screwed.]

But what I assume you are looking at is the blue warning marker (!) with the calendar specs. That one is strangely pointing towards Ethiopia/Somalia, yeah. Unfortunate placing, maybe. Or the marker and the red ship zoom-out are unrelated. Or it's really the indication that the Alari haven't landed their colony ship in Galtyn, but on a random point on Earth that they found suitable. In the latter case, the red lines are not indicating Galtyn, at all.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    Unless I read the Satellite Overhead Graphic wrong: there are two red lines that show the zoomed-out colony ship model. They point to, roughly, the Kivu region in Eastern Kongo/Zaire, which is supposedly a place for Galtyn. Although my headcanon was placing Galtyn near Katanga, but nobody ever said that in-comic, so it seems to be Kivu. [Edit: Looking closer, it could also be Zambia, the point seems to be right west of the Malawi lake. Kivu would be in the center of the red triangle. Or my optics are screwed.]
    Could be; it's hard to tell as we don't have Madagascar as additional reference. It does, however, have the Angola / Namibia curve, so ... yeah, about that region, if the red lines indicate location.

But what I assume you are looking at is the blue warning marker (!) with the calendar specs. That one is strangely pointing towards Ethiopia/Somalia, yeah. Unfortunate placing, maybe. Or the marker and the red ship zoom-out are unrelated. Or it's really the indication that the Alari haven't landed their colony ship in Galtyn, but on a random point on Earth that they found suitable. In the latter case, the red lines are not indicating Galtyn, at all.
    Or an indicator of the power levels. Mm. Who knows.

14. - Top - End - #854

And now we know they immediately went to Deus' pet nation. Also, the return of Suzie News!

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

And now we know they immediately went to Deus' pet nation. Also, the return of Suzie News!
    I guess the random chance to make the first superhero interview ever did made her career. Sometimes all it takes is to be at the right time at the right place and have the reflex to grab the opportunity.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

She was also one of the few people asking smart questions at the big press release.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Did Deus arrange this somehow? Or is he just the quickest to jump on an opportunity?

18. - Top - End - #858
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Did Deus arrange this somehow? Or is he just the quickest to jump on an opportunity?
    Well, he was on Fracture Station at the same time as some Alari refugees and could well have heard about it there. An advanced civilization's homeworld being destroyed by an unknown assailant is major news and was probably a major topic of conversation there. He also knew Sciona and had an strong idea of her plans and goals. So he knew the Alari were interested in Earth. It isn't a huge jump to think of the possibility that an Alari ship or two might show up. So he could well have thought through a few contingencies. Enabling him to react faster than anyone else when they arrived.
    Last edited by Spamotron; 2019-03-18 at 10:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #859

They also could've scanned for 'advanced' technology and gotten a ping on his turbine towers.

20. - Top - End - #860

Huh a book recommendation post has he done that before, can't remember? I think I tried that story once since I sometimes like reading smut (though something with a decent story and characters is quite hard to find) didn't like the MC or his interaction with the first girl he meets so I stopped. Though that is the second rec of it I have seen, was also on a list (of mostly non smut) stories from some web serial writer and I did like some of those recommendations so maybe it gets better later.

Hmm thinking about it can I even talk about stuff like this on this forum, mentioning a book that has explicit sexuality hardly is explicit sexuality by itself but I am never quite sure how restrictive the rules here are?

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Huh a book recommendation post has he done that before, can't remember? I think I tried that story once since I sometimes like reading smut (though something with a decent story and characters is quite hard to find) didn't like the MC or his interaction with the first girl he meets so I stopped. Though that is the second rec of it I have seen, was also on a list (of mostly non smut) stories from some web serial writer and I did like some of those recommendations so maybe it gets better later.

Hmm thinking about it can I even talk about stuff like this on this forum, mentioning a book that has explicit sexuality hardly is explicit sexuality by itself but I am never quite sure how restrictive the rules here are?
    Considering that there is a discussion thread for Ménage à 3 webcomic, which is NSFW fairly often, it is not a problem to mention this as long as you do not go into the details.

And on that note, if you like good, character-driven stories with a generous helping of spice, then I recommend Alfie webcomic. It is a true gem among NSFW works.

They also could've scanned for 'advanced' technology and gotten a ping on his turbine towers.
    Or even his portal - those things are pretty easy to track down i think, if Cora could pinpoint Sydney.
    Last edited by Radar; 2019-03-19 at 03:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Doubtful; his towers are just standard solar updraft.

Now, his portal, on the other hand...

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Doubtful; his towers are just standard solar updraft.

Now, his portal, on the other hand...
    I think the portal was implied, since it's basically literally inside the updraft towers complex.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

24. - Top - End - #864
    Colossus in the Playground

DANGIT SYDNEY! Bad timing is BAD! lol The best part is, she could possibly get away with this if she beamed down alone and DIDNT start blabbering on about stuff she shouldnt talk about, but something tells me we are going to have a few of coras crew with her as well.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    DANGIT SYDNEY! Bad timing is BAD! lol The best part is, she could possibly get away with this if she beamed down alone and DIDNT start blabbering on about stuff she shouldnt talk about, but something tells me we are going to have a few of coras crew with her as well.
    At the very least she can spin a solid story out of the whole refugee problem and thusly explain away the spaceship and stuff. If she were quick-witted enough to pull it off obviously.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Wel her problem is hardly ever being quick witted, it’s more that she tends to be so quick she outruns her common sense.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #867

That was Arianna?

For comparison, Arianna in 2010 and Arianna in 2016.

I already noticed this when Maxima re-appeared: Dave was drawing her closer to the style Cora gets; with Arianna and that reporter the style change is more pronounced, I'd say.
    Last edited by Onyavar; 2019-03-22 at 07:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #868

Tends to happen when a character doesn't show up for a few years (or longer). Style drift is so much more apparent.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

Considering that the faces are now a bit more detailed especially in terms of shading, the changes were inevitable. In additional to that Arianna had a sharper jawline before but this also coincides with design shift in other characters. I guess for her that jaw was a defining detail, so we see the difference more.

30. - Top - End - #870

Given how often that jaw was clenched in frustration and aggravation, yeah it was a focal point.