New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power IV: Constantly Expanded Universe

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No, i always read everything. But the text you quote there dont in any way state that Sciona will drain the souls.
    Subtext is everything. The quoted text mentions flesh puppets, and bunch of souls downloading into one. Sciona is made of flesh, there is a bunch of souls in stone there.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Subtext is everything. The quoted text mentions flesh puppets, and bunch of souls downloading into one. Sciona is made of flesh, there is a bunch of souls in stone there.
    yes.. subtext is important. There isnt anything that directly states that the souls would be downloadet into one puppet.
    Actually, since the subtext of this is being an alternative to escape pods, then the explanation that makes sense in this subtext is a puppet for everyone.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

There isnt anything that directly states that the souls would be downloadet into one puppet.
    Actually, since the subtext of this is being an alternative to escape pods, then the explanation that makes sense in this subtext is a puppet for everyone.
    Well, duh. Subtext isn't going to directly state anything.

Know what, I propose a simple wager - I'm willing to bet one trillion Internets that souls will download to Sciona, with caveat they might DL later to another host body.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

That isn't subtext, that is a guess. A guess based on the text but that doesn't make it subtext.
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2018-07-07 at 08:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Well, duh. Subtext isn't going to directly state anything.

Know what, I propose a simple wager - I'm willing to bet one trillion Internets that souls will download to Sciona, with caveat they might DL later to another host body.
    I'll take that bet. My money is on trying to use humans or twilight council members as hosts instead.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'll take that bet. My money is on trying to use humans or twilight council members as hosts instead.
    My original theory was eternal screaming power source to boost her abilities to the danger zone. But then i remembered she is a blood mage, not a soul mage, not a dark magic fueled by pain and misery mage, so im going to go there with you. She will try to setup a ritual to take over earth. May be the twilight faction, may be whoever is handy, but she is going to replace her people on earth, or try to anyway.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    My original theory was eternal screaming power source to boost her abilities to the danger zone. But then i remembered she is a blood mage, not a soul mage, not a dark magic fueled by pain and misery mage, so im going to go there with you. She will try to setup a ritual to take over earth. May be the twilight faction, may be whoever is handy, but she is going to replace her people on earth, or try to anyway.
    I dunno. That seems like it would take an awfully large amount of prep work, and I don't think she's going to be able to find herself another cave somewhere and hide out for however many months or years it would take to arrange it.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I dunno. That seems like it would take an awfully large amount of prep work, and I don't think she's going to be able to find herself another cave somewhere and hide out for however many months or years it would take to arrange it.
    All she has to do is find her own way back. She did the slow sad hulk walk off into the deserted world thats now under attack. Thats exactly the kind of setup that makes it easy to dismiss her as taken care of. Keep her head down on her return, and make sure the first sign of her return is the screaming as the twilight council becomes possessed by her races ruling body or whatever.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

All she has to do is find her own way back. She did the slow sad hulk walk off into the deserted world thats now under attack. Thats exactly the kind of setup that makes it easy to dismiss her as taken care of. Keep her head down on her return, and make sure the first sign of her return is the screaming as the twilight council becomes possessed by her races ruling body or whatever.
    Given the explicit lack of blood on this planet, she's going to find it rather difficult to make another portal.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

10. - Top - End - #70

Given the explicit lack of blood on this planet, she's going to find it rather difficult to make another portal.
    True, that just means it will take her awhile to harvest it from herself if needed. Again, it works to her benefit in that it means she will be gone for long enough that no one will be looking for her anymore. If she came right back its possible the councils mages would be searching for her just too make sure, risking exposure, but vanish for a couple months (you know, until this freaking flashback ends) an they will have slacked off.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Have we actually seen An outside force (or inside force, in this case) propel the bubble? I know it floats in water, but I cant recall if it was ever sent flying when somebody pushed on it or hit it with something, from either direction.
    Vehemence pulled her along by the lighthook while she was bubbled up.
    As Traab noted, we've seen an outside force affect the bubble. However, we have NOT seen an inside force affect it yet (not counting the flight orb and Sydney herself). So even if outside forces affect it, inside ones might not if they aren't done by the orb wielder.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

12. - Top - End - #72

Speaking of the lighthook, can we just sit back for a sec and enjoy the physics breaking ability of it? Its similar to other physical strength powers in that it ignores newtons laws to a hilarious degree. Where is the equal and opposite reaction? Maxima lifts a tank over her head? Thats lord knows how many tons pressing on the ground through the tiny surface area of her feet. Maxima should have sunk up to her armpits in the dirt. Ok, so maxima can fly, that solves that problem, clearly she was levitating just enough to counter it, but what about stalwart? Dude explicitly states his foot stomp had the weight of a space shuttle. He has no flight, explain the tiny crater? Now for sydney, she has no powers whatsoever, so it doesnt really matter if her lighthook can lift 15 tons, something capable of putting up resistance to it should be able to swing her 90 pound soaking wet skinny carcass around. Heck, I could hurl her around by her lighthook.

In that scene with vehemence, lets just assume the orb itself grants her the ability to root herself to the ground for a equal amount of force to offset that. Does that mean at the time he was pulling with 15 tons, 100 pounds of strength? The fact that he was pulling her, could he have yanked the orb out of contact with her hand by jerking harder on the tentacle? We know they cant go more than a certain distance away, but they can go out of arms length. So many little details. Maybe when daves grandkids finish the comic they will have explained all this.

13. - Top - End - #73

Dave's grandkids? Someone's feeling optimistic.

More on point, I'm fairly certain Dave will get bored with the whole thing and it'll probably be dead by the end of the third arc. Assuming the Net even supports webcomics that long.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

True, that just means it will take her awhile to harvest it from herself if needed.
    Humans and I assume any other creature don't create blood out of thin air. You eat stuff to process nutrients. That planet looks completely barren (no plant or animal life).

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    That isn't subtext, that is a guess. A guess based on the text but that doesn't make it subtext.
    No, it's just a soul battery, and there is a note from author about souls entering other creatures. Yeah, no wink, wink, nudge, nudge there at all . Maybe foreshadow is a better word, but there are strong hints what will happen.

15. - Top - End - #75

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Under a certain definition of "achievable" at any rate.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Oh thank gods! we finally got proof of the shield not being completely bonkers.
    And also a idea of how it looks when said shield is being pushed to the breaking point.
    From this it looks like Max could hammer her way though given time and sufficiently motivation. But i also doubt anyone else except perhaps Vehemence could.

18. - Top - End - #78

I have to admit im glad to finally see this happen. This was ALMOST enough to break the shield. It took it right down to the red. Can anyone with the math skills work with the image of the tiny shield i the middle of the blast radius to tell us how big that crater is? Just kinda curious as to the force involved. I wouldnt be surprised if it was city block sized.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

https://pasteboard.co/HtI9Mha.png width seems about 19 shields. Based on the panel a few pages ago the current shield width is less than 4 of that guy https://pasteboard.co/HtIesOR.png. Lets say 7m. *19= About 130 meter if the relations in the drawing are correct.
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2018-07-09 at 04:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    https://pasteboard.co/HtI9Mha.png width seems about 19 shields.
    19 shields huh? Now with it being big enough to hold all of them.... hmmm. Well I wouldnt be surprised if it was 200+ feet across.

Heh ninja edit. Thats a hefty sized crater, thats for sure.
    Last edited by Traab; 2018-07-09 at 04:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, wow, the thing I predicted would happen - happened. I am very smart. Praise Me, Praise Me

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, wow, the thing I predicted would happen - happened. I am very smart. Praise Me, Praise Me
    So.. since the thing you actually did predict, Sciona getting possesed by the souls in the battery, did not happen, and she is instead dissolving in the last panel..
    Does it then mean we need to mock you?

23. - Top - End - #83

I'm not sure if she's dissolving or just surrounded by souls she busted out of the battery.

From the description of the Alari, I'm hoping this goes horribly wrong and their 'wiped out' status is confirmed.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

So.. since the thing you actually did predict, Sciona getting possesed by the souls in the battery, did not happen, and she is instead dissolving in the last panel..
    Does it then mean we need to mock you?
    I don't think she is dissolving. She is engulfed by souls (like getting in middle of a huge wave).

But you are free to mock me I thought "Praise me!" and "I am so smart" was meant as self deprecating.

25. - Top - End - #85

On the internet? Those are claims for victory status. We don't do self-deprecating.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Certainly the implication of her last comment is SOMETHING will happen to her body that would render it not "hers" anymore, whether its dissolving in souls or going to be possessed by a billion souls.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if she's dissolving or just surrounded by souls she busted out of the battery.

From the description of the Alari, I'm hoping this goes horribly wrong and their 'wiped out' status is confirmed.
    Oh no, its great for a story-arc that Maxima cant solve by punching!
    At least if the souls begins to posses coma patients or simular people of weak spirit.

I don't think she is dissolving. She is engulfed by souls (like getting in middle of a huge wave).
    Look at her left hand in the last panel. Its where its most clear she is unraveling.

28. - Top - End - #88

I figured she was joining with the gestalt for some reason. Maybe she has given up on doing it aloe and will wait with the other souls to be reborn? Or whatever the plan may be.

29. - Top - End - #89

Look at her left hand in the last panel. Its where its most clear she is unraveling.
    Let's see, her bloody hand is connected to her arm, covered in swirls of soul energy. Nothing about that says 'dissolving'.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Let's see, her bloody hand is connected to her arm, covered in swirls of soul energy. Nothing about that says 'dissolving'.
    Look closely at the swirl thats ˝ soul colored, and ˝ arm colored.
    That does to me say dissolving into soul energy herself.