New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Whirling whips!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Whirling whips!

Large whip, and whirlwind attack. One attack against each opponent within 20 feet. Nice. What classes and support feats would you suggest?
    - I like the world. Some of my best evilness took place here. I wouldn't mind ruling it, in fact.
    - Nah, Teevo is helping me edit my submission to "World's Funniest Protagonist Deaths"
    - Badass. REALLY badass.

Nominated for Xykon in the Playground:

Official Biophiliac of the Xykon fan club.

REALLY badass avatar by Dr.Bath

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Whirling whips!

Unfortunately for you, here, whips don't work with W-Attack, as they are (technically) ranged weapons. I think it's an awkward way of handling it, but there you go.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Whirling whips!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorArmadillo View Post
    Unfortunately for you, here, whips don't work with W-Attack, as they are (technically) ranged weapons. I think it's an awkward way of handling it, but there you go.
    This is not at all true. I know this has been pointed out before. The only thing that even suggests that is the line:
    "Using a whip provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon."
    However:
    "The whip is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don’t threaten the area into which you can make an attack."

I kind of think the weaknesses of the whip would make this useless though, unless you're planning on a tripping or disarming whirlwind. Many enemies are completely immune to whip attacks...
    Last edited by Ulzgoroth; 2007-09-09 at 12:04 AM.