New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1444
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

Ataaz Muhahah
    Day 70

Looking at the proferred rope the host of monkeys howled. They slapped amongst themselves, pointing at the stranger in their lair, and chittered jeering comments on Atuar and his compatriots. Some of them shifted about uncomfortably, furtive eyes clearly understanding his words, and yet all too scared by their meaning. Slowly one shuffled forward, dragging their knuckles in the process, and ignoring the hooting insults thrown by their kin. Taking the rope in hand they moved back and with a quick smack of the back of the hand they riled their more cautious kin to action. A boulder buried partially into the earth was looped around on the other side of the bridge, the impromptu rope bridge settled but untested, and soon abandoned by the monkeys entrusted to set it. Stirred by some force or danger privy to their eyes only. After a few careful testing steps at the edge, Salida nodded her head in satisfaction and looked to Atuar "Good job, Mbala. That'll help us but what about your giant Fake Goblin God?" She looked up at Vorn whilst Azaka fixed her gaze at the dizzying heights and attempted to stop herself from retching and sweating profusely.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Maybe he can just walk across the bed of the river," Aleandrae suggests, peering over the edge.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn poked at the rope bridge with a cautious finger.

"Are we sure this safe? Should we draw straws to see who um... gets to go first?" She pulled her finger back, clearly reluctant to be the volunteer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

Atuar twangs the rope before stroking his beard and replying curtly.

"Nope not at all, but that's how we roll in Chult."

Atuar whistles his fire spirit over to Lyndall.

"Help them each cross one at a time."

Atuar then points to everyone else, gesticulating like a conductor.

"Meanwhile I'll give each of you a vision of the fire to help the crossing."
    Last edited by Lleban; 2021-01-01 at 07:33 PM.
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

The bard nodded. She'd never tried this before, so why not? Quickly she instructed Vorn that he was probably too heavy and to cross the river down below to meet them on the other side.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Placing a skeptical boot on the rope bridge, Siward slowly allowed his full weight to settle down on it. Glancing between Atuar and the boulder, he eventually shrugged and slung his shield over his back.

"If you believe this to be safe, friend Atuar, then I believe you!"

He began his crossing without another glance, and without fear.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Guidance: (1d4)[3]

Acrobatics: (1d20+2)[9]

Acrobatics Advantage: (1d20+2)[7]

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungles of Chult
    Day 73

One by one the party attempted to cross the rope bridge. Siward initially plummeting to the depths of the river below but after a pregnant pause emerged cut and bruised upon the rocks and ascended the cliffside slowly. In time all of the explorers had made it to the other side, Vorn opting to simply fall, absorb the damage, regenerate, and follow shortly behind Siward's heels. While Azaka worked up the courage (and swallowing bouts of hyperventilating breath) Srirak took one final moment to touch the head of Brother Crocodile and imprint upon him the cunning survival of Semuanya. He was a clever predator, he would survive the jungle, and find his way home once more. So they trekked for several days, now fully clear of the stench of undeath plaguing the bushes and vines of greater Chult, and could vaguely make out the shape of the mountainous retreat of the Aaracockra.

Kir Sabal.

Hacking through a tangle of vines with his scimitar, Srirak prepared to slice once more to clear the intervening vegetation and halted only heartbeats away from carving into flesh as a man stumbled back. Bedecked in chainmail and wielding a kite shield the man was a strange foreign sight in Chult. The peculiarity of his garb was lessened however as the tension of the situation was heightened by the sliding boots of 12 more warriors in identical suits coming down the incline ahead of the party. At the top of the ridge stood a woman with salted hair, a suit of blackened scorched full plate, a two-handed mace as long again as Salida, and with flanged spikes thick as fingers. She wore no helmet but her fiery red shoulder mantle was emblazoned with the symbol of a clenched Flaming Fist. Like life imitating art she held her armored hand up and clenched it into a fist compelling the host of warriors to hold formation. A trio of man-sized raptors slithered behind her in the early morning gloom, looking to this battle matron expectantly. Hungrily. Collars were clearly locked around their necks and a man in simple leathers quickly stumbled forward beside her holding their leashes.

"Halt! Who goes there!"
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Before Chult, Siward would have stepped forward immediately to proudly announce his lineage. He still felt the urge to do so, and the excitement of perhaps testing himself against this mountain of a woman. But hard-earned wisdom and the bonds of fellowship prevailed, and so he looked over his shoulder to Lyndal and Aleandrae.

"I believe we need introductions, ladies."

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Merely a party of travelers and adventurers!" Aleandrae stated proudly. "I am Aleandrae Valhiri," she added, with an exaggerated bow. "Archaeologist and Bard. These are my companions."

Tucking a strand of hair out of her face, she showed her teeth to the woman. "Who are you fine folk?"

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungles of Chult
    Day 73

The commanding officer mugged at the Tiefling bard, squinting her eyes for a moment as they swept across the make of the group, and raised an eyebrow as Lyndal casually brandished the token from Commander Breakbone. ”Adventurers, is it?” She nodded her head, lowering her fist as the assembled soldiers broke formation (if only barely) and an archer only Darion had noticed hanging from overhead behind her unfurled and fell to the ground gracefully beside her. “This is Flaming Fist territory. I am Gruta, Gruta Halsdottir, and these are my men. I see you bear colors of the Order of the Gauntlet, so I trust your business is in order, and we may move in unison. Charter?”
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Thank you Lyndal," Aleandrae nodded to the sorceress. "Our task is not a traditional venture here in Chult. We are here on commission to seek out the source of the death curse and do what we can to end it. As you can see, the Order of Vengeance has given us their badge as token of service done for them. We simply seek passage toward our goal."

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungles of Chult
    Day 73

Gruta reached down to her side, scooping her helmet with one hand, and deftly placing it upon her head in one fluid motion. It bore the heraldry of a swooping scorched pteranodon. "Even still, I have orders to follow, and a duty to uphold. You are very far from Fort Vengeance, Ms. Valhiri," she placed her hands upon her hips and shook her head momentarily "But... Lady Portyr has a soft spot for adventuring types." A rueful smile crept across her lips, mixed respect and yet clearly disapproving "I'm sure she'd look over a minor misunderstanding such as this. We can sort this out here or some of you may return with us to Fort Belaurian. We've supplies to share and walls well manned. Help avoid these issues of paperwork going forward. The vanquishing of this dark presence is a bounty shared by all, I'm sure, and not over much concerned with coins or gems."

She winked behind her visor.

"Where is your goal, exactly? We've been in search of a missing patrol around here and all we can find are great huge foot prints. It's as if our fists grew and ran off."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"We'll have to speak amongst ourselves to see if we can spare a detour to your fort, but I'm sure these folk-" The Bard gestured toward the group of people they'd rescued, "-would be happy to come along with you. They aren't actually part of our group, but a chance meeting some distance from here where their ship broke down and they were beset by foes."

Aleandrae pulled the primary map she'd been working on out of its tube and unrolled it. "We're not entirely sure where our goal is, per se, hence the exploration. We are currently on our way to Kir Sabal."
    Last edited by Othniel; 2021-01-23 at 10:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungles of Chult
    Day 73

"Ah, the Bird Folk. They are a mercurial lot," She looked up towards the sunny sky above "Best of luck in reaching them. My Fists tell me they nest many hundreds of feet in the sky. Take the time you need to discuss amongst yourselves though if you're blindly in search of your goal I can't imagine you'll avoid these kinds of situations." Gruta afforded herself a hollow laugh.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Content to let Aleandrae mollify the mercenaries, Siward still cleared his throat as they made ready to depart.

"A word if you will, Captain. We've seen no sign of your patrols in our travels, but we have crossed paths with a group of frost giants ranging across the island. I've no notion if they are the source of your enormous footprints, but forewarned is forearmed."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungles of Chult
    Day 73

Gruta made clear sign her fine eye and keen direct focus upon the make of Siward’s shield as he spoke. The Flaming Fist patrol head even paying the reaver some passing compliments. Her demeanor changed however as he mentioned Frost Giants, striking her face with an incredulous look, and cracking out laughter.

”Frost Giants? In Chult? Ha! Oh wait. You’re serious. Ha! Well it’s not like anyone would believe me back at Fort Belaurian without proof. But I’ll be sure to keep my eye out for wandering melting glaciers. Come on Fists.”

Intent on fulfilling the spirit of their quest if not the full physical task of it the party entrusted Captain Bravewing and her surviving crew in the healing hands of Secret and the Flaming Fists returning to Fort Belaurian. Two days of hurried movement at last rewarded the now smaller and nimbler adventurers to a dizzying sight. An ancient monastery overlooks the jungle from its perch on the cliff of a tall plateau. Stone steps and rickety walkways connect the various buildings, the lowest of which is 500 feet above the ground. The main building has a circular mazelike symbol carved into its crumbling facade.

Every few minutes, bird folk either land at the monastery or launch themselves from its balconies and take to the sky.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Kir Sabal
    Day 75

Foot by foot, precarious ledge to rotting wooden beam the party made their ascent. A laborious process filled with blistered hands, tumbling rocks, and salt fused blood paid the ticket to their final awaited vista of Kir Sabal. Seemingly isolated and tranquil point of order overlooking the vast tumultuous poisonous jungle of fang and rotting claw beneath. That is until nearly three-quarters of the way through their ascent, as Srirak was being hoisted up back from a bad step that they noticed the darkening of skies overhead. Great bat-like wings stretched over them, obscuring the ever-present rays of the sun cascading down upon the climbers, and a cadre of stone-faced monsters descended upon the cliffside monastery. At the angle of ascent, no eyes fell upon the scene of the aerial raid, but the recognizable tongue of lightning and the apparent manifestation of stormclouds gave some optical clues as to the ensuing events. Such suspicions were only made more clear as the airborne monsters quickly beat a hasty retreat, the severed head of a gargoyle plummeting down down down to lands below. Peeling themselves up the last leg of the journey Siward tumbled forward onto a section of wooden walkway still connected to the Monastery proper and was greeted by a familiar face. Several aarakocra had taken notice of the party by this point and descended or hovered at differing points to observe yet one rushed headlong to the barbarian. Grappling the man with enough strength to warrant momentary pause the Sea Reaver was wrapped in feathers and bombarded with feverish speech as Zephyr welcomed him. Weeks of proper nutrition and care had seen the rescued monk from Firefinger restored to his full vibrant form and he elatedly tugged on the zealots arm as he gestured to a slowly shifting aarakocra floating down to the scene.

"Zephyr told me all about your heroism, Bane of Terrorfolk, Fist of Firefinger. Welcome to Kir Sabal, I am Asharra and you may stay as long as you wish. We were just preparing dinner if you would accompany us, Brave Champions."

Spoiler: Asharra
    Show
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2021-02-09 at 10:57 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #1128

Atuar

Atuar waved at the birdmen, practically every part of his body protesting from repeated falls during the climb.

"Hello there! Not to impose too much but some Food and water would be great. We can give you some quuaaalittyy Chult weed."

Atuar shuddered at the idea of having to eat more trail rations and goodberries.

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"I'd be happy to join, but I'd like to clean up a bit first," speaks the Bard, dabbing at a still-oozing cut on her arm. "The path up here is not for the faint of heart."

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

The barbarian grunted in surprise as Zephyr engulfed him, but soon enough his brawny arms were returning the aarakocra's embrace.

"Friend Zephyr! So good to see you fighting fit! The terrorfolk are fortunate to have passed from this world already - the sight of you would rob them of their courage!"

Siward was so preoccupied with the reunion, it took him a moment to notice the descending Asharra. However, the wave of reverence that followed the winged woman was unmistakable, and so Siward fell into a well-practiced courtly bow.

"You do us great honor with your hospitality, mistress of Kir Sabal. I could not help but see the battle that unfolded while we made our ascent - if there is any service that would allow us to repay your generosity, you have but to ask!"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Kir Sabal
    Day 75

Asharra tilted her head and squinted her eyes at Atuar, her feathers rustling in what could best be attributed to a grimace from the wincing of her weathered features, and she softly but politely laughed and waved him off. "We uh... we don't do that here. But you are more than welcome to partake here on the lower level or anywhere else outside in the open air. Simply watch your step and the ledge; it is a far fall from Kir Sabal." She turned and motioned for her newly met guests to follow behind her "We have plenty for you to help with, Master Siward, if you would take a broom you can begin sweeping the debris left from those Gargoyles raid," As she steadily moved most of the other Bird Folk dispersed, returning to routines and manual labor or yoga they had previously abandoned, and only gave the flightless few long inquisitive gazes "Here we have our dwellings. You may stay within any you choose for as long as you wish." She gestured without looking to the various multi floor stone structures beside her, their crumbling faded facades clearly in need of repairs, and yet more maintained than the wooden structures below. No doors barred the entrances into these domiciles, which housed any number between 2 or 8 of the Bird Folk at a time, and had ladders constructed within for accessing higher levels (For even a cursory glance revealed that flight would be infeasible within such tight confines).

"You wish to relieve yourself of the troubles below? Look no further than ahead, where our Cleansing Chambers. The lower chamber contains a wash basin and the higher chamber our shrine if you wish to pay respects." She pointed her staff forward to the eastern most structure separated from the domiciles and linked to another even grander building hanging perilously overhead. The same building visible from all the way down below upon the ground, whose maze like emblem first heralded the fortune they had sought hanging in the sky. "And of course, our treasured monastery itself, Kir Sabal. You are more than welcome to enter its sacred halls, but I ask that you travel no further through our home unless requested, and mind your manners with our esteemed royal guests."

Spoiler: Map Legend
    Show

1 is the Monastery of Kir Sabal itself, 2 is the Cleansing Chambers, and 4 is the dwellings of the Aarakocra
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

22. - Top - End - #1132

Disappointed that these were not birds of culture Atuar's ears perked at the sound of Gargoyles.

"Excuse me, noble monk, these gargoyle attacks, how frequent and organized have they been. Do you think they are spontaneous, or perhaps is their a greater master at play."

Atuar shook his bush hair, exhausted from a long trek upward.

"Apologies my mind was more on business than recuperation, tell me if I overstep."

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

Kir Sabal
    Day 75

Asharra shakes her head, a mournful glimmer surfacing upon her eyes "No, no, you are wise to wonder such things my honored guest. The Gargoyles of Omu have plagued us for many moons. Twisted aberrations to the south, they lair within their cursed city, and muster forces to strike against us when my pupils falter and allow themselves to be trailed back to our monastery sanctum." She glared at an aarakocran with a quick sideways flicker though the motion was enough to momentarily stun and startle the ignominious monk. "They do not seem to have any greater motive, at least none that I have been able to discern beyond a desire to keep wayward travelers from entering that dark and blasphemous land. But they fight with a tenacity and a stalwartness that no feckless rabble can match. It would not surprise me if some Master lurked behind their every move."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"All right, well I'm going to find this Cleansing Chamber of yours, and then if you want some help I'm game," Aleandrae put in. "I can also play the fiddle, harp, and flute if you want some music, though I only have my flute with me."

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn went over to where the debris from the Gargoyle raid was strewn about and picked up a broom.

"Look Siward, I'm sweeping!" She smiled brightly as she moved the broom ineffectually back and forth over the mess.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

Kir Sabal
    Day 75

As Aleandrae (And whosoever chose to accompany her) parted to the Cleansing Chambers she was met by a homely vista. The soft creaking of elegantly carved wooden planks beneath whispered the promise of serenity and safety. The sweet smell of flowers, incense, and scented candles wafted over her from unseen sources above seeping through the very walls of the quaint room. A lone monk sat in contemplation by the water basin, tenderly performing ablution, and muttering prayers all the while. Beside the great vessel of water were lesser containers filled with salt, various colored powdered chalks, and gold dust that twinkled in the natural light that bled into the room from gaps in the chamber's surface. She turns to face the entering Tiefling and offers her a place in the winds of life between lidded glances. Elsewhere, as Lyndal began to aid in the monotonous and extensive duty of cleaning the rubble and debris of the Gargoyle raid she spotted the profile of a bird folk from the corner of her eye. The outline was small, far shorter than any of the monks she had encountered so far, and before she could get a proper look at it the figure whisked by beneath her and slammed headfirst into the broom she wielded. "OOF!" He whined as he hit the ground, stumbling back and landing on his rear as a great plume of feathers and dust rose to enshroud him. "Oh no, I'm terribly sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going I just... wanted to retrieve my work." As the dust settled the small Aarakocran was no bird at all but a Chultan child, adorned in an outfit made from gathered feathers, and wearing an askew mask of a beak strapped to his face. He bowed profusely.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Not wishing to disturb the monk any more than she must, Aleandrae flashed a toothy smile and took the offered place. She quietly began to clean the dirt and blood from her arms and face.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

Kir Sabal
    Day 75

Respectfully joining the Aarakocran in her routine of purification, Aleandrae was sprinkled with gold dust by the graceful monk, who at various points offered to help the Tiefling, and procured a fragrant aroma as she spoke "Golden sunlight bless. On seven winds ancient breath. The blooming heart here." As the mercenary Cartographer partook in the local ceremonies, Atuar came to know the local royalty, and the monks of Kir Sabal stared with mixed curiosity and bafflement at the general shape and contour of the assembled adventurers before them both in a physical and spiritual sense. Eventually, the fog of war and the rubble of combat was banished and the Monks all took to a wing to assemble and converge upon their largest hanging cliffside structure. All save Asharra, who simply walked along the ground with the aid of her staff escorting the Vanquishers of Firefinger to the dining table. Here within their most inner chambers, past rickety stairs and barely maintained ladders passing a strange shrine of a Tabaxi, the children of Kir Sabal could be seen, and even in their relatively short-lived infancy the vibrantly colored aerial martial artists lived a life of obedience and discipline. Tending to the simple meals and food that they themselves would partake in along rows of huddled furtive figures seated at a grand yet worn table or the rafters and ledges overhead. The aarakocra use backless benches and stools for seats, to accommodate their wings. Bowls of fruit, fish and even small birds were softly wafting with the heat of their recent preparation. Before Asharra can bid portions be served to their newest guests however a wind rustles over the creaking floorboards and resolute beams carrying upon it bowls for each explorer. Spun into place with a whimsical but effective flair. Asharra stares daggers into a young Chultan woman seated at the far end of the dining hall, finely dressed, and trying her hardest to avoid eye contact with the elderly monk. "Princess I thought we discussed the use of magic at dinner..." They lock eyes for a moment, a look of understanding, eye squint, nudging wrinkle of the nose "Now. I know that Zephyr offered you our most sacred of rituals. The Dance of the Seven Winds. Ancient magics we have safeguarded for generations. And for your bravery and kindness in freeing my pupil, I am dutybound to bless you. The power to step upon the seven winds themselves and soar through the air as majestically as we. Unfortunately, we are missing one key component of the ritual. It requires the ground powder of a rare Black Orchid. It grows within the foul fetid bog that is Nangalore. The Garden of Lost Dreams. The cursed Eblis patrol its raised overgrown borders as nightmares of the sky. Infecting the mind and corrupting the pure. I cannot risk the lives of any of my pupils in the pursuit of such an inimitable flower. However, I will provide you directions if you have need of them, my lesser magics upon the temple grounds, and any wisdom I have attained in my years of elevated observation. I truly offer my humblest apologies."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn glanced at Siward, guessing what his response would be to the challenge.

"Leave it to us! Right, Siward?" The sorceress winked at Aleandrae.

"Ummm... how far is this Nangalore, anyway?" Her mood leveled a bit after contemplating a days long trek through a smelly bog.
    #Notallinfluencers

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Kir Sabal
    Day 75

"Nangalore is about forty miles to the south. You can see it on a clear bright day brooding on the horizon," She nodded her head as if to banish some waking dream or fleeting vision "The land immediately around it is a treacherous mire but much of the interior stone structure still stands to this day."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░