New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

Siward

Hoisting the two remaining jugs of Tej in one hand and passing his shield for Bean to proudly bear, Siward approached the giants with stately intent. Once he'd passed the halfway mark towards the giant's camp, he bellowed out in their language.

<"Hallo, fellow travelers! We had not thought to cross paths with other civilized folk in this black jungle! Would you care to share in some drink and some friendly conversation!">

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Following behind Siward, Aleandrae put flute to her lips and started playing a marching tune. When they came within range, she paused to cast a spell that added a drum beat and several other instruments to back her own playing up. She wasn't sure if they were marching to their deaths at the hands of giants, but at least the music would be good.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unearthly Chorus when we get within 100 feet!
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean carried Siward's shield as best as she could, hobbling awkwardly after the long-legged barbarian. Periodically she peeked her head from around the shield to grin at the frost giants, wiggling her pronounced eyebrows as fancily as she could. A near constant stream of giggling could be heard just under Aleandrae's music.

"Secret... Secret I can't see! Are they smiling? Oh, I bet they're just delighted!"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 10

Azaka quietly observed the giants as the party went around a bend of trees and walked into an unnaturally open clearing. The earth was heavily uprooted; dirt and mud slung about wildly as massive boot prints dwarfing Siward ran amuck on the ground. Two beasts, easily the size of war horses, stared at Siward as he spoke, and growled with no sense of restraint or civility during his talk. The massive white wolves were held in crude iron chains and harnesses, their bodies covered in scars or bruises, and their glowing pale blue eyes burned with malice. The three giants on the other hand did not all immediately notice the tiny humans. That is until Siward began to speak their native tongue and they each in turn faced him.

It was clear from their beleaguered faces that they were in irritable moods, the sweat rolling off their skin like a river stream, and though they were sparsely dressed they were not naked. The giant holding the wolves in check was the shortest of the three (Though that distinction was negligible at their scale), his bald head covered in runic tattoos, and his beard was knotted tightly stretching down fourteen feet. The other male giant wore a heavy metal helmet and a pauldron on his right shoulder, both incredibly battered and scratched up, and was in the process of carefully carving a rune into a tree with his massive axe. The lone female wore a skull on her head with several swords, iron rods, and other smallfolk weapons jammed into its forehead. Her eyes peered out from the shadowed livery of the helmet and glared at Siward intently. Holding up her hand to her compatriots, she stomped a few steps over to Siward, and towered over the party as she propped her axe against her shoulder then bent over to face them fully.

"HAH! Share in a drink? With what? You bare a pittance of drink to me let alone my shieldbrothers." She stoped to gaze over the party, looking at each of the party members in tow "Show me your hands."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

There was no fear in Siward's eyes as he looked up a the giantess, simply a wonder at the strength of her. Kneeling down, he places the jugs of tej on the ground between them and spread his hands wide.

<"Indeed, I am ashamed to have nothing more substantial to offer. In my defense, I had not thought to host guests of your stature so far from the northlands. If the honeyed hints of this tej are not enough to satisfy, I might could offer different relief. My companion...">

He motioned to Lyndal.

<"Is capable of harnessing elemental cold for brief periods of time. It is of deathly chill to my kind, but it might provide some respite from this oppressive heat. What might I call you, great Lady? I am Siward of the Moonshaes, Prince of the Northmen.">

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 10

"Drufi." She stated gruffly before reaching a single calloused blue finger down to Siwards hand. She attempted no grace or subtlety in rubbing the palms of his hands and feeling his individual fingers. Her face scrunched in frustration as she stood erect once more and looked to her companions. "That's Röhd and Hült."

Embedding her axe into the earth, she walked over to a nearby boulder and sat atop it.

"Well then. Give it here. This land is disgusting, hellish, and wrong. Tell me, Siward of the Moonshaes, have you met a man named Artus Cimber?"
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-07-31 at 01:22 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Uncomprehending, Bean giggled and waved at the enormous giantess.
    "Dohohohoho! Siward! Tell her I think she's pretty!"

Bean went up to the giantess's axe embedded in the ground. Even standing on her tippy-toes, the blade was taller than she was. She turned to look back at her companions, pointing at the axe in amazement.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

After the giantess seemed unaffected by her spell, Aleandrae decided to leave the talking to Siward, especially as she could not speak the language. It was interesting to hear, however, and she nodded in agreement with Bean. It was always good to compliment the other party at a tense meeting. Or so she believed.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Turning momentarily from the giantess, Siward answered Bean's enthusiasm with a smile.

<"My companion wishes you to know she finds you quite beautiful. Alas, we are yet to encounter an Artus Cimber on our travels. He must have done your folk great injury, to provoke so spirited a hunt.">

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 10

Drufi arched an eyebrow at Bean as Siward translated her message, scrunching her face in a grimace briefly, and slowly melting into a truly small grin when Lyndal applied her frosty magics.

<"Great injury indeed, he's stolen from our Jarl!"> Röhd reached down and took the offered casks of Tej, offering the other one to Drufi.

<"A coward and a thief Artus Cimber is truly maug. Jarl Storvald has tasked us with finding his prized ring, the Ring of Winter, and returning it to him with the tiny man's head in tow.">

<"What brings you smallfolk into this sweltering hellscape?">
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-08-03 at 12:23 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

The northern barbarian's face grew serious as the giantess described the theft. He was well acquainted with the rage of banner-men when their lord bore insult, but he could scarce fathom how so hot a feeling might manifest in their cold breast.

<"He sounds a true blackguard, then. You have my sympathy for the evil done to your people.">

At Drufi's question, he could only shrug.

<"We have come to the jungle in search of something, much like you. However our goal is not a person, but a force. You have perhaps heard of the Death Curse sweeping across the world? We have been entrusted the glorious responsibility of ending it.">

Siward grew thoughtful.

<"Our journey will no doubt take us across the length and bredth of this island before it is over. If you have a description of Cimber, we could keep one eye open for him.">

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 10

Finishing drinking her cask, Drufi licked her lip clean, and began to walk back over to her embedded axe.

<"We've heard of no such Death Curse. Artus Cimber is a human, small and pale like you, with a brown beard, short hair, green eyes, and a glowing dagger.">

Drufi ripped her axe out of the ground, coating the immediate vicinity in a thin sheen of dirt, and placed the hook of the blade over her shoulder.

<"We've searched this tormenting land far and wide. If you find him, look for us along the northeastern coast. We'll be staying there until this whole section of the jungle is searched, then sail down to Kitcher's Inlet, and start fresh from there.">
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-08-03 at 12:23 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 11

Bidding Röhd, Hült, and Drufi farewell the two adventuring parties went their separate ways. Lead by Azaka and Srirak the party made excellent time through the river and the mud around them before the party settled down along the discarded rotting remains of a canoe as cover for the night. Waking the next day, the party found that the weather was calm, the breeze smooth, and the sky was nearly cloudless as the rain ceased with daybreak. Moving along the river, the party broke for breakfast opposite of their intended target in the now visible distance, and prepared themselves for the terrorfolk..

Rising high above the jungle canopy is a 300-foot-tall, naturally formed spire of rock with smoke issuing from a flaming beacon at the top of it. The walls of the spire are sheer and dotted with small caves. Frail-looking ladders hang from narrow ledges at various heights.

Spoiler
    Show

Gazing deep within the massive roaring flame in the distance fills you with determination.

And a level.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean waved goodbye to the giants enthusiastically. She told Siward to wish them good luck on their mission; she was quite keen on helping them if they could. But there were so many people to help! The gnome returned to the members of the party who had stayed behind, beaming with pride at having made new friends.

That evening, Srirak approached Bean with a request to carve him a symbol resembling an egg. Bean was more than happy to oblige, producing a set of fine carpenter's tools out of her pack. A carving knife, chisel, and even some sand paper was all she needed as she happily whittled away at a piece of wood, humming a cheery tune.

On the clear morning, as the party observed their daunting challenge before them, Bean felt different somehow. The trials of her adventure so far had toughened her up considerably. She had fought skeletons, made friends with giants, and sweated more than ever before in her life. There was something else... like a dream. She vaguely recalled speaking to someone important, being entrusted with more tools to see her mission to completion. Bean could feel a deeper magical understanding, a strange energy humming just beneath her fingertips.

As the little green gnome stared up at the enormous stone edifice, she tapped a finger thoughtfully at her lip.
    "Well, we should start climbing up there, right? There's some ladders, it looks like. Oh! I have an idea! As we climb, I can make an illusion to help give us some cover. Like a cloud or a branch with a bunch of leaves sticking out of the cliff. From far above, they probably won't notice it moving much until we're further up the side of that little mountain cliff thingy."

Bean waved her hands above her, making a 15 ft. diameter cloud appear above her head. It certainly looked real, even if it was merely a figment.
    "See? I'm pretty sure I can do this whenever I want! It can be anything really. A person, an object. It can't get much bigger than this cloud though."

Dismissing the cloud, Bean made an illusion of herself. The illusory Bean waved at her, and she waved back, dismissing it with a giggle.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"I have little gear suitable to climbing save for a grappling hook and rope," Aleandrae offered apologetically. "I don't relish the idea of trying to scale that thing. If there is an interior route, I'd much rather take that."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal furrowed her brow as she contemplated the daunting spire before them.

"You're more prepared than I am, having only a rope. I'm afraid I'm not very adept at climbing." She turned to their guide.

"Azaka, do you know if there's an inner route as Aleandrae suggests?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 11

As the explorers discussed magic, stealth, and claw the conversation slowly turned to Azaka. She sat forlornly on a boulder, her gaze fixed on the pillar opposed to her, and carefully sharpened her arrows. Her face was bent into a scowl, her braids jostling as she rocked in time with her arms, and spoke plainly.

"I've never been inside Firefinger. Truthfully, I never want to go in there. Everything that I know of it is secondhand or from distant observing. Clearly there's some hollow spaces within but the inner plans I'm.... not able to help with. I'm sorry. I would like to help you all however I can though."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 11

Camped along the river Tyriki the party began to discuss an appropriate plan for approaching and engaging the lair of the Pterafolk. Srirak and Azaka, having lead the party through most of their native land that they were proficiently survivable in, conversed on the distant Firefinger as the others settled on a plan of action, and settled in for a long wait till night fall.

"Braids, why not take back own mask?"
    "I'm....." the Chultan woman ceased tying her fishing spear, biting her lip slightly as she fumed slightly "I'm afraid of heights. Fifty five feet is as high as I've ever gone. Firefinger is over three hundred feet tall. Otherwise I'd kill every Terror Folk in there and get it myself."

The Lizardfolk Shaman said nothing on the matter, merely flaring his nostrils.

"Do Terror Folk watch their own home?" He gazed up alongside her in the early morning sky to observe the sight of a few green smudges swirling around the massive plume of flame in the distance "Have you counted them?" At this Azaka cocked her head before throwing a clean shot into a passing fish. "No." She began to reel back in her target, lowering her body in the process, and using quick yet strong tugs. "They all look the same to me after a while. Those monsters. But they cannot number more than a few dozen given where they lair. Some of them may be children, elderly, or infirm so the exact number of threats is anyone's guess. On clear days like these I've always seen them patrolling and flying around their home at whim. Such arrogance."

They ceased communicating as the two settled in to gathering rations from the nearby river to pass the time. The tranquility of their activity, however, was shattered as a massive rock came crashing through the treeline some three hundred yards north of them along the river and indented itself in the center of the sluggish river.

The trees exploded

A massive orange ape like creature plowed through the dirt near the distant rock, blood gushing from its mangled frame as it hit the river, and splashed a cannonball of brobdingnagian proportions. Steadying itself to its forearms, the beast howled in response, and braced its fists to slam the unmistakable sight of a Tyrannosaurus Rex rushing in for its kill. Lunging through the air, the Alpha Dinosaur was batted aside with a succession of swipes from the hulking primate, and the two behemoths settled into a fit of violent wrestling.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-08-07 at 03:15 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean sat up, eyes nearly boggling out of her head. Thinking fast, she motioned for everyone to gather close.
    "Stay close, and don't make a sound!" she hissed, perhaps unnecessarily considering the din of the titanic fight nearby.

Those that approached the gnome soon found themselves englobed within the illusion of a 15 ft. diameter boulder. Bean concentrated on her newfound magic, biting her lip, hoping the figment would keep them safe from megafauna predation.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Scrambling as quietly as she could, the bard moved to stand near Bean. "I wouldn't like to be any closer," she whispered.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal knelt down beneath the umbrella of Bean's spell though her eyes never left the makeshift battlefield that the jungle had suddenly become.

"Who do you think will win?" She whispered excitedly to nobody in particular.

"I've got my money on the dinosaur!"
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

The towering barbarian stood transfixed by the awesome power of the beasts crashing through the trees. As the enormous ape caught the tyrannosaur in its hands, his own fingers began to twitch towards his sword, as though contemplating joining the fray in some mad death charge. It was Bean's voice that brought him back to reality, and with a final longing glance towards the battle he slipped into the illusion.

"I'll put a gold on the ape, then. Sometimes the canny warrior can turn the tables on raw strength."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

The Jungle
    Day 11

The creatures struggle in the sluggish river, their titanic strength clashing in a continuous spray of water, and in their violent throes neither beasts seem to notice the party fabricating a boulder and hiding underneath it. The massive ape-like creature repeatedly pummeled the Dinosaur King's stomach, bruises the size of battering rams welting up on its soft underbelly, and in response the reptile roared in defiance and chomped down. Pulling away, the Tyrannosaurus Rex ripped free a hefty chunk of flesh from the ape's shoulder, crippling its limb, and causing it to move sluggishly in its desperate last stand. Slamming their heads together, the Ape stumbled back for a moment too long, and the apex predator lunged in for the kill tearing at its chest and then ripping its throat free. Drenched in gore, the wounded animal let loose another bloodcurdling, ground rumbling roar, and began to devour its prey. Large fangs the size of longswords made quick work of the giant cadaver, the steam of fresh flesh rising as the blood mixed with river water below, and soon the remaining pieces drifted downriver.

The hulking beast strode towards the direction of the party, its gait slowed from injury yet no less oppressive in weight, and it stopped briefly near Bean's illusory boulder before stomping away into the jungle in search of fresh meat. Once the heavy thumping of dinosaur claws was a faint murmuring in the distance, Azaka released her grip on her weapons, and looked to the rest of the party.

"Welcome to Chult."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

As the thunderous lizard stomped off into the jungle, Bean realized she had been holding her breath. She let it out with a sigh as the illusion dissipated. She muttered some words in her native tongue as she wiped the sweat from her brow.
    <Gnomish> "Thank you, Your Majesty..."
    She then silently wished a peaceful rest for the poor brave giant ape. A single grape-sized tear fell from her eyes, but such was the brutal reality of the jungle.

Once it seemed the coast was clear, Bean tugged on Siward's belt, pantomiming that he should kneel. Once the barbarian obliged, she clambered up on his shoulders. Grinning at her newfound perspective on the world, she pointed enthusiastically at the rock pillar thrusting out of the canopy.
    "To the nearest ladder! If we can fool a giant lizard monster, maybe we can trick some terror folk too!"

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal clapped once the dinosaur lumbered past them.

"I'll take my coin." Lyndal teased Siward with a playful smile.

"Not that I don't mourn such a great beast's passing. He fought valiantly."
    #Notallinfluencers

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Firefinger
    Day 11

The day passes by quite uneventfully in comparison to the morning's titanic duel and the sun begins to set once more on this warm yet surprisingly dry day. As the sky turns to twilight the party advances upon the distant Firefinger, their prey clearly illuminated with the billowing flame overhead, and with the bright rays of the sun now gone the clear green specks circling overhead are near impossible to distinguish from the flickering shadows of the roaring inferno.

Shrouded in the guise of a fog, Bean leads the party (Azaka in tow), to the base of the ancient tower where the jungle enwraps it. Near the base of the spire the body of an elf is seen lying in the mud. Most of his limbs are broken, the ribcage is crushed, and broken twigs and torn leaves are stuck in what’s left of his clothes. Not too much farther away another body is spotted, then a third, and as the party approaches the actual precipice of Firefinger and its dangling wooden ladder they find that the bodies go on and on.

It is abundantly clear this fate awaits anyone captured by the Terror Folk.

Drifting softly in the wind is an ancient, partially crumbling, wooden ladder that plinks and rattles a few feet off of the jungle ground.

"I'll stay down here and fire upon them if you engage them above." Azaka whispers to the party.

Spoiler: Climbing the Ladder
    Show

Characters in order must make Dexterity (Athletics) checks to climb the crumbling ancient ladder.

Spoiler: Aleandrae's Archeology!
    Show

This close to the tower and upon pondering the flame atop it and its ruined structure you ascertain that the creators of this spire were Chultan's who used the signal tower to send coded messages with colored smoke during the day and colored flames at night.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

"Looks like I'm up." The thief went up carefully with with a second, borrowed length of rope. Upon reaching his destination, he nailed two pitons into the rock face and tossed the rope down towards his companions.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2018-08-10 at 12:20 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"May as well be me, I suppose," the Tiefling muttered. "Probably break my neck. May as well get it over with..." Aleandrae stepped over to the latter and gingerly began to climb.

Spoiler: Athletics (Dexterity)
    Show
    (1d20+3)[5]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak looked towards the top of the tower then made one last look at Azaka before heading up the ladder. "I am not being sure I like heights either."
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal studied the rope and the dilapidated ladder in turn before she decided on the rope and made her slow but deliberate way up to the others.

"Nice view from up here."
    #Notallinfluencers