New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

Secret reacts almost immediately, more than ready to help but unsure how. "Oh no, that's terrible! How do we stop the execution? And what do they think he did?"
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2019-05-13 at 03:29 PM.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Staring down his albino opponent, Siward's breathing began to quicken. The whites of his eyes began to redden, and a low growl built in his throat. He unleashed it in a primal roar, his entire body quivering in electric response, and swung the flat of his blade towards the dwarf's head.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Siward Rages. Then I make my first attack! :D

Longsword: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[10]

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

Darion, Malar's Throat

Working their way through the city, River and Flask led Darion to the south exit, and out through a large gate dubbed Ubtao's Jaws. Outside the city walls they are presented with a stark contrast to the splendor of Port Nyanzaru as they prowl the bowels of a slum district. Two sheer, jungle draped riges flank a deep ravine before Darion. Ramshackle buildings cling to the sides of the ridges, each structure seemingly built atop the lower one's roof. Foot bridges of rope and bamboo hang above the ravine. Some of them are 200 feet long or longer and sway a hundred feet above ground. The brave of heart or skilled amongst the natives walk across them and seem to bear... fishing poles? Walking inbetween two buildings, the pair of Tabaxi led Darion around a final corner into what he could unmistakably tell was a drug den, and they quickly crawled through one of the windows and into a private locked room.

"There we go, much more private. Much more to River and Flask's liking. Isn't that right, brother?"
    "Much more to our liking, right."

Sprawling themselves out on the dusty and ruined furniture in the room, River and Flask swayed their tails in counterpart "We have a good thing going with the Zhentarim." "Yeah, no Merchant Princes telling us what to do. We've still got a bit of the old business running, but with the Zhents covering our backs we decided to slip underneath Jobal's nose, and take a bit from the jungle ourselves. We know a few good spots to go looting, asking questions, and maybe even whatever you're looking for." "If you're interethted."

Secret, Jack, Old City

"They're going to start anytime now, it's too late to stop it, but if my husband can survive Executioner's Run and climb the rope they'll give him his freedom. They think he's selling Dancing Monkey Fruit but we only deal in fabrics! This must be a case of mistaken identity but no one will listen to me. Please, my husband can't outrun velociraptors!" He gestured towards the massive stone lined pit carved into the ground before them.

Siward, The Grand Coliseum

"You fight with such passion! I like it!" The albino dwarf howled "May Moradin be pleased with Bovar Hackinstone this day!" He batted aside the sword and gripping the axe in both hands lunged forward.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show

Attack:(1d20+3)[23]
    Damage:(1d6+1)[3]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Unleashing a cry of appreciation as the axe rebounded with a bruise, Siward crashed sword against shield a second time.

"A fine hit!"

Then his shield and sword lashed out in tandem.

Show
    Shield Bash bonus action, followed by a smack.

Bash Athletics Check: (1d20+5)[12]
    or: (1d20+5)[24]

Attack: (1d20+5)[21]
    Maybe Advantage: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[10]

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Rindawan. If you could give me directions to the Grand Souk I would be most appreciative! I've much shopping to do for an expedition, you see. Into the jungle! To places dark and places strange! Hmmm here, for your trouble. A donation! I'm very much pro-crafting."

Bean fished inside her pocket, producing a gold coin and a one-ounce block of unidentified material she had found.
    "Perhaps one of your artisans can turn this mysterious block into something useful, or at the very least aesthetically pleasing."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Malar's Throat

"Sure. Sure. I'm traveling with seven bodies. I wouldn't mind if they killed some monsters for me and I wouldn't weep if I had to split the loot in less than eight ways. I feel a little out of practice anyway. So, how's about you tell me where I should be looking and I'll give you two first choice when we have shinnies that need selling?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Aleandrae Valhiri," she replied smoothly, bowing low. She glanced back over her shoulder to see if any of her party had followed her, but then returned her attention to the Chultan man just as quickly. "Bard, graduate of New Olamn, and archaeologist and cartographer by trade. 'Tis a distinct pleasure to meet you and to visit your fine city. I have traveled from Calimshan all the way to Waterdeep, and there are wondrous sights here that I glimpsed on the way to your magnificent home from the harbour that I have never seen elsewhere, though I have been here only a short while."
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal hadn't been strictly invited along, yet she followed Madame Gertrude and Aleandrae to the Merchant Prince's estate. After all, who better to ask for shopping advice? As they moved through the humid jungle, she was grateful of her spare, flowy outfit. She pulled her hair up and fastened it off of her neck with a few practiced motions. She gazed admiringly at the elaborate constructs of the Merchant Prince's estate and made use of the lavatory to freshen up as the Madame suggested. She had been just about to remark upon a lovely tapestry to Aleandrae when the guards snapped to attention. She hung back as the two friends greeted each other, not wishing to detract from their reunion. As the Merchant Prince turned his attention to Aleandrae, she peeped out curiously from behind the woman to wait her turn for introductions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak, The Royal Harbor

"You have my thanks, gold scale." Srirak watched in awe as the dragon man flew away. He was impressed. He'd never seen anyone sprout wings. With gold scale gone Srirak was unsure what to do next. He could speak with the priests on his own, but perhaps there was a reason he had been sent to meet these softskins. Maybe they had some special skills that might help.

With that in mind he went to the temple of Savras.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Secret pushed her way to the edge of the pit - no small feat given her frame - and looked for anything she could do to help the poor man. The setup was fairly simple, there was a man, a rope that he had to get to, and starving velociraptors. Seeing the cages used, it became clear that there might be a way to slow the proceedings, and Secret quickly summoned up her powers for a cantrip - filling the opening mechanism on the top of each cage with as much sand as she could manage, clogging it. The people in charge would probably not be thrilled at the interference, but that was an issue for when someone wasn't about to be eaten by velociraptors. Besides, maybe they wouldn't notice her among all the other people shouting and waving their arms.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

The barbarian and the albino dwarf traded blows briefly but it was quickly apparent to all who the greater combatant was as Siward finally brought his shield to bare and Bovar did not stand up in response. Thudding against the ground, the sound of battle was replaced with silence, and the surrounding Zhentarim mercenaries watched Siward with a small amount of shock. Slowly they nodded their heads in agreement and a human in leather armor of illuskan descent approached Siward.

"I've never seen someone knock Bovar out that quickly. You said your name is Siward, yes? What master do you serve in this Port? You must be the prize fighter of some merchant prince, no?"

Bean, The Temple of Gond

Rindawan looked at the strange material and placed it alongside one of his vases. He smiled appreciatively and said something in Chultan that Bean was not entirely sure of its meaning but felt a general positive tone in delivery. He described the path through the city required to reach its pulsing heart of trade, the Grand Souk, and began to furtively try and discover how to turn this strange material into a work of fine craftsmanship.

Darion, Malar's Throat

The tabaxi siblings nodded their heads arrhythmically "But if we could keep our expedition free from any city affiliated guides that'd be ideal." River noted before Flask chimed in cheerily "We can take you to Firefinger and Dungrunglung! Oh and thith town with a witch or thomething who can make intelligent zombieth? They're all pretty dangerouth though."

"But also full of potentially untaken loot. Firefinger's the nesting roost of a clan of Pterafolk. They've probably taken a fair bit of things from the people they brutally murder. Dungrunglung's a bit more of an issue, we've never even been inside but we have seen every Grung scouting party in the nearby area congregating there so it must be their base of operations. And Mbala, well, that place is most definitely haunted. But hey, haunted things tend to have nice things too."

Srirak, The Temple of Savras

Impressed with the Dockmaster's display of draconic lineage, Srirak walks in wonder through the Merchant Ward of Port Nyanzaru, and after a few minutes finds himself before what is undoubtedly the oldest and grandest structure in Port Nyanzaru. The massive stone building's tiled roof is styled like an unblinking eye gazing into the sky above. Outside the main gates of this temple stands an elderly chultan man in a heated argument with three lightly armored tethyrian individuals. The closest one to the old man has an extremely large ruby brandished in her hand.

"I can see the truth of your intentions. I won't take part in it!"
    "Listen old man just do your job and take this donation, we need to find Artus Cimber. I'd rather this not get-"
    "Begone!"
    "We're not just going to leave without so-"

Their words slowly trailed off as the three blue eyed humans stared at Srirak.

"What the f***..."
    "Fine, don't make the easiest money in your life. We'll find him one way or another."

The only male in the group chimed in, before they all departed, and scowled at Srirak's strange menacing scaly form. The old man however smiles at Srirak's arrival, bowing slightly whilst leaning against his cane, and says "Thank you my scaled friend, I am Grandfather Zitembe, and what has brought you to our fair temple?"

Spoiler: Grandfather Zitembe
    Show

Aleandrae, Lyndal, Wakanga O'Tamu's Villa

Gertrude snapped out of her meditative stance at Wakanga's arrival, her baggy wrapped form rumbling once at the motion, and slowly she stood to face the Merchant Prince. "It would appear I'm harder to dispose of then you initially thought, you... melodramatic baby," the two of them stared at each other for a brief second, Wakanga's face in an expression of pain, and then they both began to snicker "I rather enjoyed my previous stay in your villa. And I've... business to attend to in Chult."

Wakanga gave Aleandrae a final appreciative once over before tutting softly and magically changing his clothes to the same shade of blue as her hair article by article "My my, Ms. Valhiri you are well traveled indeed! I treasure such wondrous sights that grow common and stale to those world weary as we, you see it's my trade in full, those magical moments, and I've no doubt you will uncover many useful things for me to know."

Gertrude slowly turned her head to Lyndal as she watched the sheepish noblewoman wait in turn "Yes, she'll be part of an expedition alright. One that the fair waterdhavian noble here is also part of. Lady Fireheart." Snapping his attention from Aleandrae, Wakanga looked deeply into Lyndal's draconic eyes, and made a bemused expression on his face. His clothing once more began to shift color; from blue to red. "Noble you say? How prestigious. I must be the envy of all men, surrounded by such accomplished women."

Secret, Jack, Executioner's Run

As Jack watched over the determinedly just Drow Secret went to work. Her magic was true and blessed by the Gods, her abruptly placed soiling interfering with the release mechanism of the cage. The Chultan man Secret is fairly certain goes by Draza has already begun rapidly sprinting to the far side of the pit much to the booing and outrage of the observing audience. The two guards who had dragged Draza here both glare at Secret, whose impassioned display of divinely gifted magic was quite obvious to, and they quickly walked to a Chultan man in official garbs adorned with trinkets and began to lead him over through the crowd towards the pair.

"Do you wish to join that man in Executioner's Run? Explain yourselves immediately!" The apparent officiate hissed at the two women as his guards took readied stances with spears and shields.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-06-29 at 01:39 AM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Returning the crowd's nod, Siward strode back to his discarded scabbard and sheathed his sword. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled forth a worn kerchief and began dabbing off the sweat of combat, though he paused as the Illuskan approached him.

"Aye, Siward Alfson. I've no master friend, save the call of righteous battle, but I was brought here from distant Waterdeep by a maiden in need."

He cracked his knuckles with a sigh. A month maintaining a sedate, respectable profile had been torture.

"I am here to find an answer for the recent difficulties faced by those returned from the grave, and I hoped that you who know the jungle best might be able to point me in the right direction. I'd like to buy you all a round, if you'll have me as a drinking partner."

He motioned towards the insensate dwarf.

"Though we should perhaps wait for Bovar to regain consciousness? He deserves a mug of something cool."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2018-06-29 at 12:20 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Secret bowed politely, riding somewhere between terror and bizarrely calm acceptance. On the one hand, she was used to being unpopular, on the other, the people aggravated at her usually weren't quite so heavily armed. Or numerous. There usually wasn't a handy disposal pit nearby either. "I-I apologize if there is an issue, officer...?" She guessed at his title, "...but I had good cause to believe the man is innocent of the crime he's being punished for. If he is indeed guilty of a... a truly heinous crime, I will be happy to undo the damage and you can throw him back in." Glancing at Jack, though the gesture went unobserved under her hood, she continued. "Also, the decision to hamper the execution was mine alone, so please extend any required punishments or fines to only me."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal returned the Merchant Prince's bemused smile with a friendly one of her own that revealed small dimples in her cheeks.

"You're very kind to say so, my Lord." She curtsied prettily.

"I am afraid my only accomplishment this far was being born into an illustrious family." Her dimples made a second appearance.

"It is an honor to be your guest in your lovely home. I must say, I do love how you can change your clothing colors on a whim, it's quite impressive! Shopping for a more adventure appropriate outfit is one of my top priorities for the day." Afraid of rambling, she paused in relaying any more of her plans to allow the others to get a word in. Instead of speaking further, she focused and beamed playfully as her own outfit turned red to match the Prince's.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2018-06-29 at 02:02 AM.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

The man rubbed his chin in contemplation, his compatriots joined soon after, and they all nearly simultaneously shrugged as Siward made mention of difficulties involving the recently returned. One of them picked up Bovar, stowed his gear at the waist, and steadily rocked the unconscious dwarf.

"Bovar will no doubt appreciate waking up to drinks, Siward. We've much to discuss!" The same Illuskan man said, an individual Siward could roughly assume to be their leader or atleast spokesperson. Leading the Noble man down to the Thundering Lizard, Siward walked the same steps his companion Rogue descended not too long ago, and came face to face with the buildings menacing facade. "We drink hard Siward Alfson, I am Lerek Dashlynd, and I hope your coin purse is as heavy as your blade."

Lyndal, Aleandrae, Wakanga O'Tamu's Villa

"Oh of course of course my love. As a lord of trade in this city I would gladly have one of my associates guide you fully in the market place and extend ALL that I have to offer for sale to you. I'm sure one as magically talented as you could appreciate it." Wakanga chirped cheerfully.

Spoiler: Wakanga's Magical Reserve Market!
    Show

Potion, common 80 gp
    Potion, uncommon 300 gp
    Spell scroll, 1st-level 100 gp
    Spell scroll, 2nd-level 550 gp
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean thanked the nice Gondite acolyte and set out for the bazaar. Her happy gate was positively bouncy as she strolled through the busy streets, humming to herself. She ducked under the odd cart and gingerly evaded piles of dinosaur dung before reaching her destination, thrumming with the beating heart of commerce.

Bean wandered from shop to stall, examining the strange wares with interest. Several things caught her fancy, but she felt this was the sort of town that encouraged haggling, so haggle she did!

"These nuts glow when you shake them? How fascinating! Oh, it would be fun to have one, true, but I don't really need it. We gnomes can see in the dark already. Would you be willing to shave off a few coppers as a Darkvision Discount?"

"These leaves restore health and vitality? Useful! Now, I'm a big-shot adventurer, you see. I'd be willing to return here on the regular, make you my personal supplier of menga leaves, but would you be so gauche as to make a favored customer pay full retail? Work with me! Hee hee hee! Oh, I like your hat! Where does everyone get all these feathers?"

"Do you speak goat? Well, I do! And she's not terribly happy here, I'm afraid to say. I'd be willing to take her off your hands. Maybe as part of a package deal? An unhappy goat makes for an unhappy life. Less quality cheeeeese."

"What do you mean these beetles are a remedy? You don't sell them as pets? Toss in a jar of maggots so I can keep it fed, then. Wait, if I buy insect repellant will it upset the beetle? Well, I could just go to another stall across the square! Their beetles seemed much more lustrous. I can tell quality chitin from a mile away. Oh! Are those nuts spicy?"

Spoiler: Shopping
    Show

Things Bean wants to buy:

gourd of insect repellant - 1 gp
    rain catcher - 1 gp
    5 menga leaves - 10 gp
    10 sinda berries - 5 gp
    wukka nut - 1 gp
    yachha beetle - 1 gp
    mess kit - 2 sp
    healer’s kit - 5 gp
    fishing tackle - 1 gp
    bell - 1 gp
    goat - 1 gp

total: 27.2 gp

Persuasion check to haggle: (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2018-06-29 at 05:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Elated to have fallen in among such fine fellows, Siward clapped Lerek on the shoulder.

"I would have it no other way! And worry not - I'll not turn spendthrift while celebrating a victory!"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Pleased that at least one of the party had joined her in accompanying Gertrude on their primary purpose (and hoping that they'd made a good impression), Aleandrae gestured to Lyndal and flashed her a grin. "We are but two of an expeditionary group put together by Madame Silvane here," she told Wakanga, hoping to quickly get to the purpose of their visit so as to leave time for shopping afterward. "In an effort to do something about the peculiar and tragic affliction preventing the deserving [by which she meant wealthy] dead from being revived, or those who have had such a miracle performed upon them in the past, she has commissioned eight of us to track down an artifact called the "Soulmonger" somewhere in Chult. We were hoping you might be able to provide us with a suitable guide, and perhaps some resources for our mission."

Show
    Persuasion if necessary: (1d20+4)[7]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Darion told the pair of tabaxi he'd see what he could do, but made no guarantees that the party would be able or willing to follow up on the leads. Any dungeon was potentially as good as another, so he didn't truthfully care what they did and in what order while pursuing the origin of the curse.

He drew up his hood again and made his way back to the Thundering Lizard. There he attempted to cross check the tabaxis' leads with any information from drunk locals and a jobs board. While plying people for secrets, he treat himself to a little casual gambling.

Spoiler: Thief Stuff
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19] Insight

Darion doesn't cheat or play with his own cards. He wagers 5 gp for the hour or two he's there.
    (1d20+5)[18] Wisdom + Cards
    (1d20+3)[10] Charisma + Cards
    (1d20+3)[15] Charisma + Cards

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak watched the tethyrians leave with some surprise, but he puffed his chest out a little to play it up. He even flicked his tongue at them a bit. Some humans seemed to find that intimidating. He wasn't sure why.

"I am on mission to save our species. You know of death curse, yes?" He spoke softly, much more aware of how much he disliked common after his conversation with the gold scale. "A mage told me curse is caused by a powerful necromantic artifact. I need help finding it."
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Secret, Jack, Executioner's Run

As Jack watched over the determinedly just Drow Secret went to work. Her magic was true and blessed by the Gods, her abruptly placed soiling interfering with the release mechanism of the cage. The Chultan man Secret is fairly certain goes by Draza has already begun rapidly sprinting to the far side of the pit much to the booing and outrage of the observing audience. The two guards who had dragged Draza here both glare at Secret, whose impassioned display of divinely gifted magic was quite obvious to, and they quickly walked to a Chultan man in official garbs adorned with trinkets and began to lead him over through the crowd towards the pair.

"Do you wish to join that man in Executioner's Run? Explain yourselves immediately!" The apparent officiate hissed at the two women as his guards took readied stances with spears and shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    Secret bowed politely, riding somewhere between terror and bizarrely calm acceptance. On the one hand, she was used to being unpopular, on the other, the people aggravated at her usually weren't quite so heavily armed. Or numerous. There usually wasn't a handy disposal pit nearby either. "I-I apologize if there is an issue, officer...?" She guessed at his title, "...but I had good cause to believe the man is innocent of the crime he's being punished for. If he is indeed guilty of a... a truly heinous crime, I will be happy to undo the damage and you can throw him back in." Glancing at Jack, though the gesture went unobserved under her hood, she continued. "Also, the decision to hamper the execution was mine alone, so please extend any required punishments or fines to only me."

Executioner's Run

"No, I think not." Jack interrupted, putting herself between the Official and the Sorceress with one hand on her blade's hilt. "A woman throws sand into your playpen and you cry foul? Bah! If a man fights with a dulled blade, he has only himself to blame when it fails to bite. So too it is with beasts."

She eyed the official and the two guards appraisingly. She could likely take two men in a fight if she had to, but there were surely more guards around, and the resulting commotion would certainly be undesirable. On the other hand, perhaps she could take on two of those overgrown lizards...give them a bit of a show.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"W-what? Those are fighting words! We need less violence, not more!" Secret flailed her white robed arms to try to add gravitas to her statement. It had the opposite effect.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

Siward, Darion, The Thundering Lizard

Though Siward gleaned little useful information from his carousing and cavorting he did manage to make a positive impression in the eyes of the hunters and warriors of Port Nyanzaru.

Spoiler: Contact Gained!
    Show

Siward gains one Unidentified Contact. He can choose to cash in his unidentified contact to make one NPC related to his target audience (Jungle Hunters) a friendly contact, as a result of his time spent impressing and rubbing elbows.

Darion on the other hand was fast at work "spending" money at the gambling table, his initial round of games failing to pay off financially, and as confidence surged lips loosened to spill forth secrets. He also saw several listings and locations for guides officially involved with the city. Perhaps they could be used as cross references aswell.

Spoiler: Rumors and Board listings
    Show

Azaka Stormfang (Port Nyanzaru)
    Eku (Port Nyanzaru)
    Faroul and Gondolo (Port Nyanzaru)
    Hew Hackinstone (Port Nyanzaru)
    Musharib (Port Nyanzaru)
    Salida (Port Nyanzaru)
    Shago (Fort Belaurian)
    Qawasha and Kupalué (Fort Beluarian)

A 2000 GP bounty each for The Stirge, The Emerald Eye, and The Dragonfang! 500 extra for the capture of their captains.

The "Terror Folk" in Firefinger are all too real. Five days by canoe up the River Tiryki and a quick march will bring you to their territory. They are extremely violent, sadistic, and territorial. Many a Chultan has lost a loved one to these winged devils and their deaths would be a cause for celebration indeed.

Grandfather Zitembe listened closely to the fellow cleric's words his face slowly peeling into disbelief as the Lizardfolk asked for aid "I have indeed heard of this death curse. Even felt its dark power prevent me from doing some of my duties. But surely the origin of this curse can't be in Chult?" He began to mumble chultan words to himself, slowly scratching the stress marks along the side of his head, and cocked an eyebrow at the lizardfolk as if to now examine the veracity of his character "I would like to help but, I find the idea hard to believe."

Jack, Secret, Up Sh**'s Creek Executioner's Run

"I AM A JUDGE OF PORT NYANZARU AND WILL BE RESPECTED AS SUCH! Guard's seize these two!" The ostentatiously dressed Chultan man screeched as the guards standing beside him lunged into action, weapons at the ready. The crowd around them began to peel back, take further bets, and or completely ignore the rapidly dissolving situation. Draza for his part was already halfway up the rope on the far end of Executioner's Run, his tired body clearly fatigued but so full of fear as to ignore it, and the Raptors were in hot pursuit to catch up to him (after cleverly unlocking their own cages).

Spoiler: Combat!
    Show

You guys win initiative.

Aleandrae, Lyndal, Wakanga O'Tamu's Villa

"Oh but of course, it would be my pleasure to help you however I can. But first, come, come! You must be famished, I'll have Utembi prepare an extra 3 dishes, and I can kill two honkers with one stone once my book arrives," Wakanga waved towards the grand hall before him, giving the two ladies a firm yet caring grin, and went about dispensing orders to not only the guards but the servants aswell. Gertrude for her part shrugged and followed behind the Merchant Prince, past two sweeping staircases that flanked a magnificent tiled floor, and into a dining room. The long wooden table was extremely low to the ground with pillows for seats, two plates were already being prepared by a young scrawny Chultan man, and another servant was preparing massive stockpiles of spirits and alcoholic beverages next to the plate adjacent to the head of the table. Wakanga sat down at the head of the table. An unseen force seemed to work itself around Wakanga as articles of clothing slowly floated over to him and presented themselves in different angles for his analysis.

"I have a very important writer visiting me today, your unexpected arrival fills me with joy Gertrude, and headaches. But it's no matter, a Merchant Prince must be a skilled multitasker, and I am no exception," He looked to one of his servants and whistled pleasant words in Chultan to him before returning his attention towards putting on various hats and rings "Jobal has a strict monopoly on the dealings of guides and sellswords within Port Nyanzaru, but I would more than happily set up a meeting with him for you and your compatriots. I could have one by tomorrow morning at the latest!"
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal looked to Aleandrae happily.

"I'm sure this meal will be much better than whatever passes for food at the Thundering Lizard." She spoke under her breath as she followed the merchant and madame cheerfully. Eyeing the low table and pillows, she slipped out of her sandals and kneeled on her pillow. Settling back comfortably, she changed her outfit to a more formal deep purple which also contrasted her red scales better.

"That would be wonderful, My Lord. I'm sure it would be terribly foolish to go traipsing into the unknown jungle without a guide. The fauna is certainly different than I am used to!"
    #Notallinfluencers

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak nodded sagely. "Fair, I am unsure I am believing it also. What I know is this: Semuanya tasked me with bringing end to curse. I sailed cross whole ocean to Waterdeep. A dying old mage woman said curse comes from artifact in jungles. I have no other lead. If you find nothing I can move on to other theories."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"That would be wonderful, your grace." Aleandrae wasn't quite certain what the proper mode of address for a Merchant Prince was, but that seemed appropriate. Better to err on the side of flattery. Besides, this fellow seemed the kind who might enjoy that. He was also nice, rich, and well-connected. "The sooner we can get started, the better. After all, lives are at stake." Watching Lyndal remove her sandals and sit down, the Tiefling's mouth curved slightly into a smile, and she cast a small spell, removing her boots and depositing them gently behind her own pillow. She waited on Gertrude and inclined her head to the woman. "Would you like any assistance, Madame Silvane?"

Show
    Mage Hand the boots off!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

"Hmmmm...." Grandfather Zitembe closed his eyes briefly, nodded his head, and continued "Very well then. I shall consult the guides. This process will be very taxing and intricate however. Return tomorrow at this time and it shall be done. It also requires some expensive material components..." His hands lingered in the air a few seconds "Thank you." And with that he turned to enter the Temple of Savras whilst fiercely chanting a prayer. Standing guard at the temples doors was a Chultan woman in simple garbs who ushered the elder man in while staring at Srirak curiously. As Grandfather Zitembe disappeared from sight, the mousy woman frittishly worked her way quickly down the large carved steps, and looked up at Srirak with a level of awe.

"You're going into the jungle? South?"

Aleandrae, Lyndal, Wakanga O'tamu's Villa

Gertrude shook her veil very softly "It's quite alright. Thank you, Ms. Valhiri." she said before slowly shuffling down ontop of a pillow. As the dinner servants returned with several plates of various sliced meats, vegetables, and fruits Wakanga finally settled on an outfit. The most striking piece of it being the long cylindrical hat he donned. The servants retreated out of the room as Wakanga prepared a toast.

"To old friends and new!"

"I'll drink to that!"

A bombastically loud man cried out from beyond the door of the room. The doors were thrust open brashly to reveal the two very concerned servants staring at a bearded man obviously past intoxication.

Spoiler: The man in question
    Show

Stumbling into the room, the bearded man nearly tripped over an errant pillow, and shakingly lowered himself down at the plate reserved directly next to Wakanga's with various glasses prepared with it. "Wakanga my Prince, it is good to see you again! I was under the impression that my book signing was to be a personal matter. Not that I mind this particularly company." He hiccuped before sliding a lecherous smile to Lyndal, then Aleandrae, and finally having it melt into slowly settling confusion then mild disgust as he eyed Gertrude's form.

"Well, anyway, as ordered your own personal signed copy of Volo's Guide to Monsters™! Now on sale if any exotic women are interested. I've seen many an exotic land myself!"
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-07-01 at 01:18 AM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"If I knew I would not be here. But most of jungle is south, so... perhaps. What do you need, softskin?" Srirak did his best to seem disinterested. He did not trust this new human. So far every kind human he had met had tried to rob or murder him.

Spoiler: Insight?
    Show
    I'll probably roll another 2 :P
    (1d20+5)[19]
    or not :D
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2018-07-01 at 02:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ch-cheese it!" Jack did not need Secret's advice: she was already hauling the sorceress away. Seeing the situation in the pit, Secret let out a tiny growl - the man was still in danger, even after all of this. Muttering a few arcane syllables and waving her free hand, her amulet glowed briefly and a trio of force bolts ripped out and through the air before nailing the lead raptor. Then they were through the crowd and gone, with Secret only able to hope she'd bought him enough time.

Oh well, at least Jack wouldn't be able to insist on taking that man's life savings as payment. Just Darion would be mad, but what else was new?
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2018-07-01 at 09:48 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"I am not sure I could afford a signed copy, Master Volo," Aleandrae said delicately. "Most of my savings went to school, and what spending money Madame Silvane her has provided my associates with must go toward...other things for out venture here. I am interested, however. You will have to pardon my ignorance, but is your book a catalogue of dangerous beasts we might encounter here, or is it, ah, more of an entertainment-oriented piece, meaning no offense, of course."