New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

Aleandrae

The Bard listened to several others speak. "I think I should like to meet your friends, Darion." Aleandrae's return nod was slight, but enough. "Hopefully there won't be any unpleasant repercussions for standing up Jobal's assistant, but I think it best that we disappear from under his nose as soon as may be. Bean raises an interesting point, of course, and had we more time, I would love to gather some information as to whether we are merely the latest in a long line of failed attempts, but I doubt that would stop our attempt anyway."

"So, we meet Darion's friends and Srirak's Priest in either order, gather any last-minute supplies (such as rations), and plan the first part of the expedition. Sound good?"
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

The rogue found his tabaxi contact across the room and summoned him to the table with an otherwise imperceptibly subtle nod.

"Assembled misfits, meet Flask of Wine. Flask? Misfits. Flask, you like long walks, don't you?"

He didn't wait for a response, but gestured for the tiefling to share where she meant on her map. "Can you get us there, or do we need to wait for Mist?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Though he could scarcely remember the end of it, waking up in a bed with the feel of another man's jaw on his knuckles told Siward it had been a very good night. So good, in fact, he began to fear it would not be matched in some time. Then he found the letter by his bedside, and realized it was going to be a very good morning. Though it was too early to make any definitive ruling, he began to suspect Chult would agree with him. He took the time to dress carefully, attending to the grime of the celebratory night with all the care he'd been taught by the steward of the hall. Memories of the old man's stare could still send a shiver down his spine, and he would not soon forget his manners. He descended as a prince, claiming one of the chairs from an empty table and swinging it around to join his new compatriots. Only to be met with a gift.

"Bean, this is a hat worthy of adventure! I shall treasure it!"

He set the wide-brimmed chapeau firmly atop his red locks, brushing the feathers into place with a flourish.

"If this merchant prince means to do us harm through his lackeys, so much the better. If the guide leads us into ambush, we shall simply kill our attackers and drag the guide back here for ransom. Doubtless his business would be dearly hurt if people realized his guides were moonlighting as assassins."

Reaching across the table to the haunch of something spicy and bloody, he tore into it before using the bone to continue his lecture.

"We know he knows we have the map, and we know he wants it for some reason. And he knows we know. But hopefully, thinking us simple rubes, he doesn't know that we know that he'll set a trap."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Secret took in all of the chatter over breakfast in relative quiet, but when asked about what she'd been up to, she bounced a moment excitedly. "Oh! Yesterday was action packed. Like I said, I kept a man from being wrongfully executed, built a shrine to Lathander, and raced a dinosaur! I also got this." She holds out the mysterious coin. "It's a death mark from the Triceratops society! Isn't that awesome?" Her tone remained steadfastly chipper through the report, even at the end.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru, The Temple of Savras

Carefully examining the coin and judging the reactions of people around him Just Darion was able to judge that the Triceratops Society coin was more of a threat or a warning then a full blown warrant of execution. Gathering their supplies the party left the Thundering Lizard and made their way to the Temple of Savras where Srirak had earlier paid for a guiding vision from the arcane god. The rain was particularly strong that day, with an overwhelming amount of clouds obscuring the sky granting Secret some small reprieve from her constant allergic reactions, and the rain crashing down off of the temples tiled roof made it look like the unblinking tiled eye was crying. The main gate was open allowing the party to rest from the heavy rain in relative peace.

The sheepish Inete was in the midst of rote cleaning when she spotted Srirak. Her eyes lit with excitement (and confusion) and she quickly started running towards a side chamber screaming

"Grandfather! Grandfather! Srirak is he-"

The door opened abruptly infront of her, nearly smacking the young chultan girl in the process, and she leapt back in shock.

"I am aware." Said Grandfather Zitembe who slowly worked his way over to Srirak before scanning over the rest of the party with a curious eye "Friends of yours?" He asked, already knowing the answer "I have consulted the guides and peered the stars, my scaled brother, and Savras has gifted me with visions. Terrible visions..."

He clutches his cane and his eyes seem to glaze over slightly

"I saw... A jungle city. Far far to the south. Enclosed by cliffs and crawling with snakes. Then, a pitch black obelisk draped in vines. I dared not peek any further, the taint of looking upon it nearly... nearly..." He trailed off, muttering to himself and turning his head away slightly. Scratching his beard he raised a trembling finger to the Lizardfolk.

"Whatever this evil you seek is, I implore you, seek out this city, and this obelisk. It is a festering heart of darkness."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Following Srirak along with the others, Aleandrae hung back out of respect when they came before the priest. She listened intently, however, and could not help a groan of dismay at one point. "Snakes!" she whispered to Lyndal. "Why does it have to be snakes?"
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-07-17 at 10:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal squeezed Aleandrae's hand sympathetically.

"At least it's not spiders." She whispered back.

"Do you remember seeing any great southern cities on the map?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Surprised at the comforting touch of one who called herself a 'lady,' Aleandrae smiled. "You watch out for the snakes, and I'll keep an eye on the spiders. How's that sound? But no, I don't. It does give me an idea, however."

Taking a step forward, Aleandrae gave the priest a respectful nod. "I don't suppose you'd be able to note the general vicinity of this city if I showed you a map, good priest?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Sheltered from the rain by his new hat, Siward clapped Bean on the back as they made their way towards the temple.

"You've shown impressive foresight, Bean! Consider me doubly grateful for your kind gift."

He stayed silent the rest of the way, preferring to take in the unfamiliar sights, sounds, and particularly scents of the jungle rain. This continued as they entered the temple, his face growing serious as the oracle related his dire portents. Fingers drumming heavily on his shield, Siward looked to be deep in though before a rumble escaped his throat.

"A festering heart of darkness, you say? Girded by a city outside the sight of god and mortal alike?"

He looked up, and his face broke into a wide grin.

"What fantastic news! I never dreamed we would stumble into a situation so worthy of song! But I would hold my enthusiasm, Aleandrae."

He looked towards the tiefling, and the smile faded a bit from his eyes.

"I doubt we are yet prepared to go charging into the core of our enemy's territory."

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru, Kaya's House of Respite

With newly found information in hand, the party said their goodbyes (some in more... interesting ways than others), and departed the venerable temple. Working their way through an irregularly flooding street, the adventuring party cut through a back alley, and found themselves on a crested mound of earth in the Red Bazaar. The hanging sign over the dominant buildings facade revealed it to be none other than the other inn Gertrude spoke of: Kaya's House of Respite. Where the Thundering Lizard had a garrish and outlandish gimmick in its downslope design Kaya's House of Respite held an understated pristine plainness.

Leaning outside the door of the inn was Jobal's majordomo and personal assistant, Aazon. A man dressed mostly in white and blue wraps, his face bore only a single scar from his cheek to his ear, and a pointed beard accentuated the curly brown hair that peeked from beneath his soaking hat. He glanced over the now full party with a curious eye.

"You keep interesting company." He understated, stroking his cleanly combed beard "Glad to see you could make it. I would have been cross returning to Jobal and informing him I had wasted his time. Please, come inside, I've rented the first floor for the hour and personally invited Jobal's finest guides still in port."

He held the door open and motioned for the party to enter a wide open tavern room sparsely populated. Lanterns hung sparingly from the ceiling decorated with colorful painted eggshells and wafting incense. A bar clung to the left side of the tavern; parallel to the staircases that wound upstairs. Behind the bar was a massive tapestry depicting a young chultan girl going through stages of life. Seated at 6 separate tables were ostensibly Jobal's guides. Three chultan women, two very unusual dwarves (One albino and one missing an arm), and a pair of a human and halfling.

"I hope they are to your satisfaction."

Spoiler: Azaka Stormfang
    Show

If you need a guide to get you through the jungle alive, look no further. I was born in the jungle. I know its dangers well and how best to avoid them. Should you choose me, you may rest assured that your party is in safe hands.

I charge 5 gold coins per day and require a 30-day payment up front. For those adventurers who aid me in a personal quest, I will waive my fee and guide them to places no one else has found. This quest will take us to Firefinger. The evil pterafolk that roost atop Firefinger stole a wooden mask from me, and I want it back.

Spoiler: Eku
    Show

While the lure of pillaging the antiquity of Chult is a temptation, I appeal to those who find fulfillment in doing actual good in the world. I seek to rid the jungle of evil. There are many ruins and ancient temples that must be reclaimed, so that the spirits of nature can return to their sacred places and live in peace.

There are evil impostors who seek to blind you with promises of gold, but will only guide your throats to their blades!

My rates are standard: 5 gold pieces a day, with a 30-day payment up front. A small portion goes to pay off the merchant prince Jobal. The rest I give to charity.

Spoiler: Salida
    Show

I’ve led many expeditions through the wilds of Chult. I know secret trails that appear on no map. Hire others at your own peril.

Azaka and Eku have led expeditions into the jungle that never returned. Faroul and Gondolo are charlatans, plain and simple. Old Hew suffers from mad monkey fever, I’m sure of it. Musharib is an albino dwarf, and they’re not to be trusted.

Five gold pieces per day is a cheap price to pay for your lives. Spend your gold wisely.

Spoiler: Hew Hackinstone
    Show

I’ve stood atop every mountain in Chult. I know every gorge and crevice, every plateau and trail. My memory is an iron trap. I forget nothing. Trust a dwarf, I always say, because a dwarf will never steer you wrong.

Fearless, I am. There’s no dragon, beast, or undead horror that scares me. You want a guide who runs away at the first sign of danger? No! You want a dwarf, and I’m the toughest dwarf around. Red dragon bit off my arm, yet here I stand! Takes more than a dragon to stop Hew Hackinstone!

I charge 5 gold coins a day and expect a 30-day payment up front. Best coin you’ll ever spend, I promise you!

Spoiler: Musharib
    Show

The jungle is my home. I know it well. I can guide you anywhere in Chult for a fee of 5 gold pieces a day.

If adventure is what you seek, join my quest to reclaim Hrakhamar, my clan’s ancestral forge. A volcanic eruption forced us to abandon it many years ago. The firenewts that have since taken over must be driven out or destroyed. At the very least, we must sneak in and recover a relic known as Moradin’s Gauntlet. The firenewts must not be allowed to keep it!

If you love dwarvenkind, then hear my plea and join me in returning Hrakhamar to its rightful owners. I will waive my fee for your promise of assistance.

Spoiler: Faroul and Gondolo
    Show

Why pay for one guide when you can have TWO for the same price! We have the smarts, the goods, and our own triceratops!

Treasure abounds! When we’re done leading you to all the ancient sites and sacred places that we know of, you’ll be swimming in gold and magic. All the other guides will lead you in circles and make you do all the work. Don’t be fooled! When we return to Port Nyanzaru, you will have tales and fortunes enough to last a lifetime.

Our price is 5 gold pieces per day, with a 30-day payment up front, but we’re glad to reduce our rate for equal shares of any treasure found.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-07-18 at 09:13 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean beamed at Siward's continued praise of her gift, although she nearly face planted when the man clapped her on the shoulder. She staggered after the group into the rain, rotating her arm, grinning despite herself.

As the strange oracle related his vision, Bean's eyes grew as wide as saucers, but at Siward's jolly appraisal of the portent, she seemed to perk up a bit. She waved a frantic goodbye to the priest and his acolyte as they exited, saying "Thank you!" just before entering the rain once more.

The gnome resembled a drowned rat by the time they made it to the inn where the various guides were assembled, but it did little to dampen Bean's spirits, it seemed.
    "Hello!" she said to the gathered guides, "It's so nice of you all to come out in this weather! I would take all of you with us, but I don't think we can afford it! Hee hee hee! Um... I vote for the halfling gentleman. It would be nice to have somebody to talk to whom I wouldn't have to strain my neck muscles looking up to!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

While she wasn't sure any of these folks could be trusted, they didn't seem like a gang of cutthroats ready to slay them all and steal their map. That was something, at least. Once they'd all introduced themselves and made their offers, Aleandrae stood. There would be discussion within their group over who to hire (or whether to hire any at all), but she thought she would see if other arrangements could me made. For several of them, Gertrude's pouch of money had merely purchased supplies, while others...well, she wouldn't dwell on how they may have wasted their advance

She stood to address the gathered prospective guides. "As Bean said, unfortunately we cannot hire all of you. Our mission will likely bring us high risk, but potentially much reward. We have heard from several of you that you would waive your standard fee in return for consideration regarding a share in treasure, or assistance of a more personal nature. Are there others among you interested in such an offer?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Let's try some persuasion: (1d20+4)[17]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Immediately enamored with the one-armed dwarf, Siward made his way to the scarred man's table and helped himself to a seat.

"Hew Hackinstone, was it? You must be a singular man to continue in this dangerous trade with but one arm! Tell me, do you have any grand tales of the deep jungle?"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

"Of course we can't make any promises." Lyndal had stood alongside Aleandrae.

"But I think we could all agree that we've got a uniquely talented group gathered together that are destined for great things. One or more of you will have the opportunity to achieve greatness with us." The sorceress beamed at the assemblage.

Spoiler: ooc roll
    Show
    Persuasion to aid Aleandrae
    (1d20+5)[25]
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

As Aleandrae and Lyndal made their case a flurry of haggling and grumbled agreements were made as the various guides steadily lowered their prices. The assembled adventurer's briefly discussed amongst themselves the pros and cons of the different guides to choose before finally settling on Azaka. The six foot Chultan woman stood proudly as she was chosen, her scarred face twisting into a grin at the other various guides, and they each departed grumpily. Charting out her workman's contract, Azaka quickly finished signing the last few details when Aazon finally stirred from the doorframe, and spoke up.

"Azaka Stormfang, wonderful. But um, I'm going to need to modify your payment for the Hunting Prince's cut of this endeavor."

"What? I didn't agree to any kind of tax hike."

"Jobal is altering the deal. Pray he doesn't alter it any further. You can keep the gold, he wants that map." He pointed a finger at Aleandrae "I'd really this rather not get messy."

You can faintly hear a number of footsteps coming from outside.

Spoiler: For those of you with passive perception 15 or higher
    Show

Aazon was being very discrete about it before but now he's opened himself enough to spot a concealed shortsword and hand crossbow on his persons.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-07-20 at 12:31 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"The only one it's gonna get messy for is you, beardy! Now back off unless you want a matching scar on the other side!" Aleandrae quietly slipped her flute from her pocket as she glared at Aazon.

Show
    Intimidate! (1d20+4)[24]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Aazon threw open the door to reveal a gang of ruffians, brutes, ne'er-do-well's, thugs, and street rats armed with an accoutrement of weapons waiting outside. Two amongst them towered over the rest, a particularly well sculpted Chultan man, and a Goliath wielding a heavy makeshift club from a statue leg. Aleandrae's outburst startled the Majordomo and his crew who now face to face with their intended marks did a quick evaluation.

Two of them glanced at each other and quickly exchanged "I'm not getting paid enough for this." And awkwardly back stepped down the rain drenched hill behind all their previously partners. Those with the stomach for violence, however, barred their teeth and began to growl and cuss.

"Don't just stand there! Get me that map!" Aazon quipped coldly.

Spoiler: Combat Get!
    Show

Aleandrae and Just Darion go first!
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Just like your moron boss, you don't take no for an answer!" she shouted at Aazon. "Here, I'ma mark him with an arrow so you can hit this jerk," she added for Siward's benefit.

Show
    Attack Aazon! (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

Bonus action to Inspire Siward for a d6!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

"Huh?"

Impelled completely by reflex, Darion threw back his cloak, ripped two knives free from his belt, and catapulted them towards the bearded man who was still getting his weapon out.

"How did you already make enemies! You've only been here a day!" He placed the blame squarely on the tiefling as he moved to take cover behind a table.

Spoiler: Daggerdagger
    Show
    (1d20+6)[11] main hand
    (1d4+4)[7]

(1d20+6)[10] off hand
    (1d4)[4]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

The Midst of Combat

Aazon howled in pain as Aleandrae's arrow struck true. His fast hands reached towards his waist and withdrew a masterfully made tiny crossbow just as his lower body barreled over the side of the bar and found heavy cover. Whipping his arm over the top, the pale bearded man leveled his weapon at the knife chucking rogue, and pierced his side with a well aimed shot.

"We really don't have to do this!" He shouted as his body disappeared from sight.

Azaka, taken aback by the sudden surge of violence around her, quickly adjusted to the situation and lunged behind an even further back table then the one the party sat at. Pulling out two arrows she leveled them both at a snarling chultan man beginning to step through the precipice of the inn and watched them skewer his chest simultaneously.

"I think that we do." She growled.

Show

Just Darion takes 4 piercing damage.

Azaka kills a goon.

Lyndal goes next
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-07-21 at 06:14 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyndal

Lyndal was disappointed but not surprised as the devious Aazon sprung his attack.

"You're going to regret this. I hope that snake Jobal has a hard time finding your replacement." furious though she was, her voice was almost gleeful as she let loose a burning orb of fire at the henchman she could just see through the doorway and gave a satisfied laugh of victory as he dissolved into ashes.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Attack details on roll 20. (incinerated goon)
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2018-07-21 at 08:17 PM.
    #Notallinfluencers

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

The Midst of Combat

As the Chultan woman screamed in flames her duplicitous companions surged through the door shoving aside their fallen in a rush to seize a map that would be their fortune. Three of them brandished khopesh's and began hacking away at Just Darion's cover ineffectually. Their repeated assaults however proved to bear some fruit as the last amongst them rent his curved blade through the wood and gashed the rogue. The last among them pulled out a ramshackle crossbow and leveled it at Aleandrae, thumping a heavy bolt into her thigh, and drawing blood.

"Ignore the backup dancers, get me that map!" Aazon screeched as he saw them ganging up on the closest foe.

Spoiler: Damage!
    Show

Darion takes 7 slashing damage

Aleandrae takes 5 piercing damage.

Literally everyone else can go now!
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-07-21 at 08:27 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"What's going on? Why do you hate dancers?!" Secret cried out as she backpedaled into the corner. There were so many angry men racing into the room! She wanted to cast a protective spell, but they were already stabbing Just Darion.

A tiny part of her wondered if she'd be better off with him gone. He knew what she was and clearly didn't like her. She didn't feel safe around him.

That wasn't Lathander's way, though, so instead she took aim at an enemy in the clear and muttered an arcane syllable. An accompanying gesture flung fire at the leg breaker. "Please go away!" She dove behind the table in the corner, looking for whatever cover she could get.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean's eyes boggled as the sudden burst of violence erupted. Being short and often out of immediate notice, she had become rather skilled at assessing situations, especially where temperamental humans were concerned, and listened to the shouted threats, orders, and commands. She waggled her fingers and wiggled her nose as discreetly as she could, while rubbing a bit of fleece between forefinger and thumb, before scampering under a nearby table. Turning to look back out at the chaos, she squeaked in dismay:
    "Oh no! The map!"

Sitting on the floor where she had been standing, the precious map could be seen half-unfurled, as if it had fallen off the table or perhaps tumbled out of a pack. Of course, the map was merely an illusory figment, but perhaps these street thugs could be fooled...

Show

Bean casts Minor Illusion to leave a figment of the map on the floor, where I drew the orange circle. She then moves under the nearby table in an attempt to take cover.

Possible Charisma (Deception) check? (1d20+4)[19]

If anyone spends an action to examine the 'map,' a DC 11 Int (investigation) reveals it to be false. Physically interacting with it automatically reveals it to be an illusion as well.
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2018-07-21 at 09:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jack frowned at the interruption, and took longer than she'd intended to react to it. Sloppy. Her hesitation had already allowed half of the thugs to cross the room, and Darion was already seriously hurt. Damn. She hopped onto the table, drawing her crossbow and as much attention as she could manage...and cackled.

"I was worried I wouldn't get to do any quarreling today!"

With the sort of mania she reserved solely for dispatching foes with grievous bodily harm, she took aim at one of the men surrounding her ally and pulled the trigger.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak watched the chaos unfold with only the smallest touch of surprise. Softskins always fought over the most pointless stuff. Couldn't they just draw more maps? They probably wouldn't even let him harvest the bodies.

"Loreat." Srirak glared at Aazon as he uttered the word in draconic. He felt Semuanya's power flow through him as he directed the necrotic energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

The red haired man began laughing. He'd been prepared for an ambush in the jungle, or some skullduggery on the part of their guide, but to attack them in broad daylight within the walls of the city? That betrayed an admirable boldness! Alas, that it also showed their enemy to be singularly foolish. Rushing forward, Siward's fingers danced over the buckles of his shield before drawing his sword.

"Take the lackey alive! Leave the rest to Kelemvor!"

Show
    Siward enters a rage and readies his shield. He then moves, drawing his sword in the process, and attempts a shield bash to knock the northernmost goon prone.

Athletics: (1d20+5)[23]

Athletics Advantage: (1d20+5)[21]
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2018-07-22 at 12:25 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

The Midst of Combat

The goliath joined in with Siward's laughter as he and his brutish friend shoved and caroused their way to the front of the melee, dragging their heavy clubs in the process. Rearing up to strike at the noble rager, the Goliath's first swing went wide, and smashed a sizeable hole into the floor beneath them. "Oi!" He shouted at his makeshift weapon before stumbling back and tearing it free from the ground, finding a telling blow in the swirling malestrom of violence. His Chultan companion was quick to follow up with the advantage and mercilessly bludgeoned Srirak with a swift up swing followed by a downward smash.

Spoiler: Damage!
    Show

Siward takes a critical hit! Siward takes 10 bludgeoning damage!

Srirak takes 7 bludgeoning damage and then gets whacked again for 5 bludgeoning damage!
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Darion muttered an exasperated and slightly bloody thank-you to Siward, then used the provided distraction to cram a dagger cleanly through one thug's throat.

Spoiler: Stab
    Show
    Attacking the thug one square west of Darion
    (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d20+6)[15] advantage, yes?

(1d4+4)[8] damage
    (1d6)[6] sneak

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Some of you all need to die faster!" Aleandrae shouted angrily, in between shooting her bow and casting a spell. "Except you, Darion. You need to live!"

Show
    Pew pew on the dude straight south of me: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

Healing Word on Darion for (1d4+4)[8] points o' healin'.