New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

So, I didn't start part 2 until today, because I wanted to finish farming part 1 first. This was a mistake. Apparently I've now missed a ton of the buried treasure quests and the free resources that come with them.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    So, I didn't start part 2 until today, because I wanted to finish farming part 1 first. This was a mistake. Apparently I've now missed a ton of the buried treasure quests and the free resources that come with them.
    Yeah... You're going to end up playing a lot of catch-up. I hope you have a lot of apples ready.

ProTip: The shop CEs aren't worth it. Don't save for them. Just build everything in a hurry, get your Scathach materials, then farm for shop mats.

In my neck of the woods... Finally done. Thanks to two lucky drops, I didn't need to buy all of the shop CEs (I know I said they're not worth it, but I'm a completionist), just three. Aside from the two I didn't buy, the only stuff left in the shop is monuments. I bought everything else. I built everything else. I have every cut scene archived. (Go look, you can see them in your My Room options.) I am done with this event.

There were a few materials in the Part I shop I could farm for. I won't. I've got a surplus. I am exhausted. I'm going to go back to ember farming. I am 110% done.

Happy Summer, and maybe by next summer I'll be less exhausted.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    That's me.
    Does anyone know if it matters if you feed a leveled servant to another? Does a level 9 servant give more xp than a level 1 servant? I heard that it did but I didn't want to risk it.

PS I miscalculated and don't have enough god hearts. When's the next event for god hearts?
    Maybe it does, but servants gives so few EXP that it's generally best to just burn the extra copies after you get them to NP5. Use EXP card to level.

The upcoming Prillya event has about 5 hearts as a mission reward. Or you could try farming for them in the Underground Factory node.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

I just finished Part 2 and now the only thing i particularly care about Farming is Concrete...the thing i suck at farming. Hell, im probably just gonna farm the city and get Oil for the Embers and collect Concrete as a byproduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Maybe it does, but servants gives so few EXP that it's generally best to just burn the extra copies after you get them to NP5. Use EXP card to level.

The upcoming Prillya event has about 5 hearts as a mission reward. Or you could try farming for them in the Underground Factory node.
    Use extra servant copies (not 3 stars though! Burn them) and bronze XP for either low rarity servants or when a servant is already very low in level. That's the best return on them there. At high levels? Bronze embers and servants aren't even a drop in the bucket of what you need to level a servant up.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Alright, I've done every project. Now I only have farming stuff left to do. Embers and fous first, then I'll see what I'm in the mood to get.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

So, for people like me who ended up blowing a lot of SQ on the Summer banners, here's a neat thing from the FGO Reddit, courtesy of most drunk Assassin Jing Ke: A forecast of which Servants are coming, on what banners, and when. It may take awhile to load, as it includes icons. And pictures of Jing Ke.

For example, the big pull in September will be Illya. The big pull in October will be Jalter. Merlin comes in December, and there's some very exciting stuff in January.

So, yeah. Mourn the loss of your precious SQ. Your pain has only begun.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Though unreliable at times due to its servant of preference, the cirnopedia has the summoning schedule JP server had up to date, which can be seen here. As for events, this can also be seen in the site, yet providing less information about the events than other sites, here.

I'm basically #SavingForIshtar, not going for anything else. If I get her early, I may also roll for Memerlin, and if I don't, I'll go full McDuck and wait for St. Valentine 2019, for our best otaku.

This post, blue stands for a joke.
    Last edited by Yael; 2018-08-12 at 09:24 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, for people like me who ended up blowing a lot of SQ on the Summer banners, here's a neat thing from the FGO Reddit, courtesy of most drunk Assassin Jing Ke: A forecast of which Servants are coming, on what banners, and when. It may take awhile to load, as it includes icons. And pictures of Jing Ke.

For example, the big pull in September will be Illya. The big pull in October will be Jalter. Merlin comes in December, and there's some very exciting stuff in January.

the only one coming up i will miss as much as i would have missed tamamo is Jalter, i would miss nero bride but she is up fairly often.

they really should make anther version of jing ke, she just doesn't really do much... or you know release like 3 more strengthening quests for her.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-08-12 at 10:32 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooooooh, shiny. But not I have more decisions to make
    I was thinking of rolling for Illya, but not while she's sharing the rate up spot with Medb.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    the only one coming up i will miss as much as i would have missed tamamo is Jalter, i would miss nero bride but she is up fairly often.

they really should make anther version of jing ke, she just doesn't really do much... or you know release like 3 more strengthening quests for her.
    I do love the name "All I Do Is Kill," much class, very humour. ...buuuuuuut not enough to spend embers on her.
    Jalter would be great, but I can't bring myself to roll on a banner with only SSR rate up. Happy to throw tickets at it though.
    Might roll for Nero... but I don't want/need any of those three star servants.

Hmmmm... Babylonia banners in December are tempting, SR Avenger is more achievable than Jalter. And Extella banner looks alright...

Almost done buying mats from the event shop, will be happy to have a break so I can farm embers to actually use them

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Still sad we don't get Mecha Eli-chan til next year. And there's probably no way I'll get Illya or Jalter as I'm fairly sure I used up all my 5* luck for the next six months getting classic Tamamo...

...yeah, I got Jack the Ripper back in Feburary, a 5* every six months sounds about right.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2018-08-13 at 06:04 AM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #312

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Ooooooh, shiny. But not I have more decisions to make
    I was thinking of rolling for Illya, but not while she's sharing the rate up spot with Medb.
    If we're following the JP schedule, we'll have days when Illya is solely on rate-up and days when she's with Medb.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Well there, I got all the Fous that were left in the shop, and finished one of the alternate escape plan builds for another Lore. if I have time later today I might farm some more cement for Evil Bones, but otherwise I'm so done with this event.

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    If we're following the JP schedule, we'll have days when Illya is solely on rate-up and days when she's with Medb.
    I can but hope. I don't know how much longer I can hold on to my SQ without spending it on something foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well there, I got all the Fous that were left in the shop, and finished one of the alternate escape plan builds for another Lore. if I have time later today I might farm some more cement for Evil Bones, but otherwise I'm so done with this event.
    I seriously underestimated the amount of cement I would get while farming other drops, and have had nothing else to spend it on but QP.
    Might get those last couple of Lores from development instead of the last fewlots of Beast Greases and Monuments. Don't think I'll have time for both.

Anyone got a good level to fight evil servants for the master missions? I still need to fight them, and lancers, but I can find lancers easy. Sadly, no evil lancers for a double whammy.

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    I can but hope. I don't know how much longer I can hold on to my SQ without spending it on something foolish.

I seriously underestimated the amount of cement I would get while farming other drops, and have had nothing else to spend it on but QP.
    Might get those last couple of Lores from development instead of the last fewlots of Beast Greases and Monuments. Don't think I'll have time for both.

Anyone got a good level to fight evil servants for the master missions? I still need to fight them, and lancers, but I can find lancers easy. Sadly, no evil lancers for a double whammy.
    Ruins has Jeane Alter and Karna, Coast has Jack.

Outside of the event, Fuyuki X-F has Hassan and Benkei for 6 AP.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Ruins has Jeane Alter and Karna, Coast has Jack.

Outside of the event, Fuyuki X-F has Hassan and Benkei for 6 AP.
    Fuyuki X-F worked perfectly, thanks!

1/2 AP Training Quests coming up... I would have preferred embers, but I do need gems too.

In other news, I threw my login bonus ticket at the summer banner. The anticipation almost killed me when I saw a gold caster card. Summer Marie is now part of my team.
    Oh, and she has a crab on her head! I laughed out loud at that dialogue.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Well I managed to get that last Crystallized Lore thanks to the 'have a hundred of everything' mission it ended with, and then spent the rest of my mats. Now i can work on interludes and the like for a bit.

Factotum Variants!

18. - Top - End - #318

RedWizardGuy

Got a few hours left and a dozen fruit in my pocket. Time for maximum effort to get a few goodies. I'm thinking scarabs, and forbidden pages. Maybe a couple more if I have extra.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Though unreliable at times due to its servant of preference, the cirnopedia has the summoning schedule JP server had up to date, which can be seen here. As for events, this can also be seen in the site, yet providing less information about the events than other sites, here.

I'm basically #SavingForIshtar, not going for anything else. If I get her early, I may also roll for Memerlin, and if I don't, I'll go full McDuck and wait for St. Valentine 2019, for our best otaku.

This post, blue stands for a joke.
    In all likelihood, I'mma probably try a bit for Prillya, just to be able to stage an Emiya Family Reunion, but I don't expect much luck. Besides, free Chloe is free.

I probably won't blow SQ on Nero Bride - she's umu, but she's no waifu. I might take a shot at Jalter, but at this point my Extra spot is getting just a tad crowded. After that, nothing particularly draws me this year other than Ishtar and Merlin. Merlin is obvious, but Ishtar I'm surprisingly on the fence about. Sure, she's awesome mechanically, and she's Rin, and the tsun-tsun to Ereshkigal's dere-dere (and I can't wait for Ereshkigal), but... I dunno. I'm inexplicably not overwhelmed by Ishtar.

Then January promises Musashi, and I wouldn't be particularly compelled by her, but for the fact that her banner includes Broskandar, Ishtar, Shishou, and another shot at Prillya. And then Gramps in the same month...

... I have no idea how to budget for this. I got nothin'.

EDIT: So, there was a fun post on the FGO Reddit - a little algorithm that automatically generates a Grail War, and tells you who your Servant is. Here you go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Red Fel participates in the Holy Grail War of Anchorage as the master of Berserker.

The Servants participating in this war are:
    • Saber: King Arthur (Prototype)
    • Archer: Tristan
    • Lancer: Li Shuwen
    • Rider: Saint Martha
    • Caster: Nitocris
    • Assassin: Osakabe-hime
    • Berserker: Night of Wallachia
    • Extra class: None

So, I don't know how familiar you are with TATARI here, but he's basically a living Reality Marble, a living curse. He's a literal urban legend, powered by rumor and fear, and manifests as whatever people expect him to be. In other words, since combatants in a Grail War anticipate fearsome opponents, he will become that. And since his desire is to become the worst possible thing in an area, he will cultivate the rumors and fear to make himself that. You know those Grudge movies? He's that, but smarter.

And that's my Servant. I think I win.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-08-14 at 01:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Red Fel's generator
    Show
    NeoPhoenix0 participates in the Holy Grail War of Osaka as the master of Berserker

Saber:Altera
    Archer:Tristan
    Lancer:Jaguarman
    Rider:Saint Martha
    Caster:Helena Blavatsky
    Assassin:Dr. Jekyll
    Berserker:Ares
    Extra class:None

someone correct me if i am wrong, but it is pretty much impossible to summon a divine servant without the mooncell right? or was there some other servant who used Ares as a nickname.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Oh joy
    Show

Blackhawk participates in the Holy Grail War of Honolulu as the master of Assassin

Saber:Yagyu Munenori
    Archer:Anne Bonny and Mary Read
    Lancer:Musashibou Benkei
    Rider:Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
    Caster:Skadi
    Assassin:Nitocris
    Berserker:Cú Chulainn (Alter)

...well, i get to fight Cu Alter. Oh joy.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Red Fel's generator
    Show
    NeoPhoenix0 participates in the Holy Grail War of Osaka as the master of Berserker

Saber:Altera
    Archer:Tristan
    Lancer:Jaguarman
    Rider:Saint Martha
    Caster:Helena Blavatsky
    Assassin:Dr. Jekyll
    Berserker:Ares

someone correct me if i am wrong, but it is pretty much impossible to summon a divine servant without the mooncell right? or was there some other servant who used Ares as a nickname.
    No, Ares is Ares. Although, to be fair, FGO has at least let us summon actual divines (e.g. Stheno, Quetz, etc.), and various demigods, some of whom are related to Ares.

Still... Sheesh. Hope your magic circuits are up to the load.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Spoiler: Oh joy
    Show

Blackhawk participates in the Holy Grail War of Honolulu as the master of Assassin

Archer:Anne Bonny and Mary Read
    Lancer:Musashibou Benkei
    Rider:Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
    Caster:Skadi
    Assassin:Nitocris

...well, i get to fight Cu Alter. Oh joy.
    Yes, but you also get to pet the floofy ears.

You know, before you're horribly murdered by a Mad Dog.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

No, Ares is Ares. Although, to be fair, FGO has at least let us summon actual divines (e.g. Stheno, Quetz, etc.), and various demigods, some of whom are related to Ares.

to be fair, Stheno has lost a lot of her divinity. don't know about what Quetz's deal is yet but most of the divine servants we can summon either aren't very divine or are here via random contrivances.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but you also get to pet the floofy ears.

You know, before you're horribly murdered by a Mad Dog.
    Its even worse than I thought. The caster in my war? It's Scathach. As a full-blown Goddess. My only hope of surviving that is to make friends with Ralter's Master and to hide behind her until Goddess Scathach is dealtt with, possibly by throughing Cu at her.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2018-08-14 at 07:53 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

Spoiler: Hopping on this bandwagon
    Show
    ImperatorV participates in the Holy Grail War of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth as the master of Saber

Saber:Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
    Archer:Atalante
    Lancer:Tamamo-no-Mae
    Rider:Sakata Kintoki
    Caster:Hans Christian Andersen
    Assassin:Fuuma Kotarou
    Berserker:Darius III
    Extra class:Edmond Dantès

It's funny, Saber Alter was one of my earliest servants in FGO. Also I think I have a pretty good shot at winning this one as long as tamamo doesn't go up too many tails.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2018-08-14 at 08:33 PM.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Spoiler: Hopping on this bandwagon
    Show
    ImperatorV participates in the Holy Grail War of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth as the master of Saber

Archer:Atalante
    Lancer:Tamamo-no-Mae
    Caster:Hans Christian Andersen
    Assassin:Fuuma Kotarou
    Berserker:Darius III
    Extra class:Edmond Dantès

It's funny, Saber Alter was one of my earliest servants in FGO. Also I think I have a pretty good shot at winning this one as long as tamamo doesn't go up too many tails.
    Wow...you have one of the most powerful servants in that war, and class advantage against probably the biggest threat beyond Dantes.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

to be fair, Stheno has lost a lot of her divinity. don't know about what Quetz's deal is yet but most of the divine servants we can summon either aren't very divine or are here via random contrivances.
    Stheno actually didn't lose a lot of her divinity, you're actually thinking of Quetz. Stheno and Euryale are unique among Divine servants in that being summoned as a Servant actually made them STRONGER, not weaker.

Spoiler: The Grail War
    Show
    Archer:Chloe von Einzbern
    Lancer:Diarmuid
    Caster:Sherlock Holmes
    Assassin:Semiramis
    Berserker:Susanoo

...Haha...hahahahahahahaha...AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! I summoned one of the most famous Japanese deities...in Japan?!

I'm going to freakin' die from mana consumption! But at least I whole-heartedly outclass every other Servant in this war...aside from maybe Yagyu Munenori.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Red Fel participates in the Holy Grail War of Anchorage as the master of Berserker.

• Saber: King Arthur (Prototype)
    • Archer: Tristan
    • Lancer: Li Shuwen
    • Rider: Saint Martha
    • Caster: Nitocris
    • Assassin: Osakabe-hime
    • Berserker: Night of Wallachia
    • Extra class: None

So, I don't know how familiar you are with TATARI here, but he's basically a living Reality Marble, a living curse. He's a literal urban legend, powered by rumor and fear, and manifests as whatever people expect him to be. In other words, since combatants in a Grail War anticipate fearsome opponents, he will become that. And since his desire is to become the worst possible thing in an area, he will cultivate the rumors and fear to make himself that. You know those Grudge movies? He's that, but smarter.

And that's my Servant. I think I win.
    I don't know...I think you might have some stiff competition in there actually. While combatants in a Grail War anticipate strong opponents, they also don't tend to be that afraid of them either. Plus between a Knight of the Round Table, Proto Arthur, and Nitocris you have some folks that pack serious danger even against a living Reality Marble but I actually don't think that's your greatest problem.

I think your greatest problem is that he's being summoned as Berserker (so the smarts part might be in doubt) and that your Servant is a living curse/Dead Apostle somethingoranother in a Grail War with a Saint. I think you'd have to seriously have to work to avoid a direct confrontation with Martha, but at least your Servant won't consume you like me.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2018-08-14 at 11:47 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #328

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: Im Doomed
    Show
    Saambell participates in the Holy Grail War of Indonesia as the master of Lancer

Saber:Diarmuid
    Archer:Arash
    Lancer:Walkure
    Rider:Christopher Colombus
    Caster:Leonardo da Vinci (Lily)
    Assassin:Mata Hari
    Berserker:Thor

I can probably handle Mata Hari, maybe Leo and Chris. But Thor is going to roll me.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Stheno actually didn't lose a lot of her divinity, you're actually thinking of Quetz. Stheno and Euryale are unique among Divine servants in that being summoned as a Servant actually made them STRONGER, not weaker.
    Stheno's and Euryale's physical abilities improve a lot because they are very fragile and have no physical abilities. so their classes grant them a lot power that they wouldn't have otherwise. this doesn't have anything to do with their divinity which is based entirely on being idols. their level of godhood is directly proportional to their followers and those who sing their praises. these days their divinity is much weaker than it used to be.

Also i know how i could fuel Ares in a grail war, as soon as he is summoned i would need to find a way to instigate a human war and let him feed on the war itself... i mean it is the holy grail we are talking about surely other mages have done worse things for it, right?

eidt: anyone enlightened enough about forum spaghetti code to know what happened with that Red Fel quote? even if i try to fix it the forum automatically splits it into two quotes.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-08-15 at 02:41 AM.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Oh yeah, I'm boned.
    Show

inn (Alter)
    Extra class:None Hunter Noventa participates in the Holy Grail War of Somalia as the master of Assassin

Archer:Calamity Jane
    Lancer:Parvati
    Rider:Francis Drake
    Caster:Morgan le Fay
    Assassin:Jing Ke
    https://en.shindanmaker.com/676805

I'm the only one with a 3* servant. (I think)

Factotum Variants!