New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Well I finished off Medb this afternoon. That was slightly troublesome due to her being an Avenger, so having Tamamo Cat and Kiyohime maxed out saved my butt there.

I've noticed that it's not really worth building an arts team for the bosses weak to arts...mostly because, at least with my lineup of servants, just focusing on hitting their class weakness does a lot more damage than their arts weakness does. Doubly so on Medb, who is only weak to berserkers.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well I finished off Medb this afternoon. That was slightly troublesome due to her being an Avenger, so having Tamamo Cat and Kiyohime maxed out saved my butt there.

I've noticed that it's not really worth building an arts team for the bosses weak to arts...mostly because, at least with my lineup of servants, just focusing on hitting their class weakness does a lot more damage than their arts weakness does. Doubly so on Medb, who is only weak to berserkers.
    i've found that my rider mordred does a little less damage than my drake though drake has an NP 2 to morderd's NP1. however for Gil De Rais, i'm gonna use mordred for her ability to spam her NP since I do notice a difference on basic cards and her NP damage will overall be higher due to him having a big enough health pool. though a full team attack might nearly finish him off even with these AoE NPs.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finally pulled Illya with the ticket I got for beating Medb. Woo~ Desire sensor can go suck it.

There's at least one Chloe on my friends list already. I am surprised and impressed. At both the player for crushing through the event and leveling her so quickly, and at Chloe herself. I know people said she was good, but damn. The event bonus helps, sure, but damn.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Oh Chloe.

Spoiler: Oh my~!
    Show

"I think I force Miyu to give me magical energy in a way that violated FCC standards, but it was consensual so it doesn't count. And no one knows that I used the First lady's power to make a world where I was the star...and lived a lovey-dovey life with my brother, but then I was accused by the ESRB army of justice and I turned evil, and was defeated..."

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Finally pulled Illya with the ticket I got for beating Medb. Woo~ Desire sensor can go suck it.

There's at least one Chloe on my friends list already. I am surprised and impressed. At both the player for crushing through the event and leveling her so quickly, and at Chloe herself. I know people said she was good, but damn. The event bonus helps, sure, but damn.
    Apples can make miracles. I'm taking it slow until I know how much farming I need to do.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post

That might be me.

I just finished getting Chloe last night and the only reason it took so long to get her to final ascension was because I couldn't figure out what the game judged a 'balanced' Servant for the last Ascension item.

For others also perplexed, in Medea Lily's zone, one of the nodes has a Mata Hari magical girl boss and she counts.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    That might be me.

I just finished getting Chloe last night and the only reason it took so long to get her to final ascension was because I couldn't figure out what the game judged a 'balanced' Servant for the last Ascension item.

For others also perplexed, in Medea Lily's zone, one of the nodes has a Mata Hari magical girl boss and she counts.
    For the record, you can see what a servant's aligment is if you get their bond to 1.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    For the record, you can see what a servant's aligment is if you get their bond to 1.
    I know, but sadly that doesn't help when you don't have most of the servants you suspect are balanced but don't know for sure.

...Wasted an apple before finding my sweetheart counted as balanced.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

I've got Chloe ascended and most of her bond upgraded as well, and I've done all the available quests at least once. I'm sure there are some other missions I could do, but I need a little bit of a break.

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

I know, but sadly that doesn't help when you don't have most of the servants you suspect are balanced but don't know for sure.

...Wasted an apple before finding my sweetheart counted as balanced.
    The trick is to do multiple missions together. For example, I found out that d'Eon was Balanced (go figure), so I was able to do Candies D, which got me Saber Servant, and Balanced Servant, and Biscuit Golems.

Seriously, upthread, go check the link to Meliran's guide. The Quest List tab tells you where all of the enemy types are, the Troubleshooting tab tells you where to find specific Servant types.

ProTip: "Horned" enemies includes not only Reindeer, but the Demon in Bookcase A as well. Also, if you haven't gotten them yet, you can get the Hands and Doors for your weekly missions in Snow D-C and Bookcase B-A, respectively.

In other news, having exhausted my SQ and tickets, I can safely say that I will not be getting Illya. And you know what? That's okay. I'm okay with that. Because I basically have the Alternate Emiya family. Shirou from an alternate future brought back as a Servant, Kiritsugu from an alternate timeline brought back as the Counter Guardian, Iris from an alternate timeline brought back as the purified Grail, and now Chloe who is Illya's alternate personality from yet another alternate timeline. Throw in an Alter version of Shirou's girlfriend from an alternate timeline in which she abandoned Excalibur, and you've got the whole happy (?) alternate family.

Also I pulled Medea Lily, so not all bad.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The trick is to do multiple missions together. For example, I found out that d'Eon was Balanced (go figure), so I was able to do Candies D, which got me Saber Servant, and Balanced Servant, and Biscuit Golems.

Seriously, upthread, go check the link to Meliran's guide. The Quest List tab tells you where all of the enemy types are, the Troubleshooting tab tells you where to find specific Servant types.

ProTip: "Horned" enemies includes not only Reindeer, but the Demon in Bookcase A as well. Also, if you haven't gotten them yet, you can get the Hands and Doors for your weekly missions in Snow D-C and Bookcase B-A, respectively.

In other news, having exhausted my SQ and tickets, I can safely say that I will not be getting Illya. And you know what? That's okay. I'm okay with that. Because I basically have the Alternate Emiya family. Shirou from an alternate future brought back as a Servant, Kiritsugu from an alternate timeline brought back as the Counter Guardian, Iris from an alternate timeline brought back as the purified Grail, and now Chloe who is Illya's alternate personality from yet another alternate timeline. Throw in an Alter version of Shirou's girlfriend from an alternate timeline in which she abandoned Excalibur, and you've got the whole happy (?) alternate family.

Also I pulled Medea Lily, so not all bad.
    There you go! Medea Lily is great to have in the back pocket (much like Herc), and you have a cool theme team anyway!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

There you go! Medea Lily is great to have in the back pocket (much like Herc), and you have a cool theme team anyway!
    It actually functions as not just a theme team. Chloe, Kiritsugu, and Iris are all Arts-NP Servants who can Arts chain. And while Emiya is Buster-NP, he can still Arts chain, plus he has Projection. So on the whole, the team is strongly Arts-oriented to begin with. Additionally, Chloe, Emiya, and Kiritsugu are all reasonably crit-oriented, meaning that you have a solid NP/crit team with them. So not only is it a theme team, it's actually fairly functional as well.

I mean, Lalter doesn't really do much for the team dynamic, but she's super murderous, which is okay too.

That said, while I do like Medea Lily, I very recently went from having no competition for that slot to having a great deal of competition. Specifically, in addition to Halloween!Liz and Iris, I now have Casko and an NP2 Beach!Marie. Yes, Lily has the advantage of a fast-charge button - which is a pretty big advantage on a support Caster - and frankly outclasses Iris, but Marie has more offensive potential, and Casko is Casko. So Lily is likely to see a bench for a good long while.

EDIT: Side note, who are everyone's MVPs for this event? I heard it recommended to use Medb on most of the pre-Medb bosses, but I did pretty well with Rum and Pillaging Magical Captain, Lush☆Drake. And when it came to Medb herself, I did well bringing Smothering Bloadsoaked Magical General, Marshmallow☆Raikou. For the final boss, though, my MVP was Infinite Lancer-Slaying Magical Teacher, Shishou☆Scathach.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-08-26 at 01:39 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

For me its Nursery Rhyme hanging out with the Bloody Captain herself, Drake. I've also thrown Lalter at things because the Ox King of Storms needs to stretch her legs every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

EDIT: Side note, who are everyone's MVPs for this event? I heard it recommended to use Medb on most of the pre-Medb bosses, but I did pretty well with Rum and Pillaging Magical Captain, Lush☆Drake. And when it came to Medb herself, I did well bringing Smothering Bloadsoaked Magical General, Marshmallow☆Raikou. For the final boss, though, my MVP was Infinite Lancer-Slaying Magical Teacher, Shishou☆Scathach.
    I just use Artoria and Jeanne with the damage increase CE's (Except Medb, using d'Eon for her). Has worked pretty well so far.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mash, plus Martha or Raikou as necessary for Arts/Buster. Martha's targeted buff removal skill has been pretty handy, and Raikou just clears the board.
    Just beat the First Lady, and realised I can now field the whole magical girl team - Mash, Illya, Chloe, Nursery Rhyme, Medea Lily and Helena. Might be a fun team at some point once I level the casters up.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Drake has done amazing so far on the casters though I think rider Mordred will take top prize for the magical tentacle summoning gentleman. Summer tamamo has beat out shishou for best lancer on my team. It's kinda rediculous, though shishou does still keep up but the lower np gain is obvious. I just kinda spammed squirtoria at mebd since I don't have a lot of leveled berzerkers. haven' got past the one after Mabd, taking things easy this event.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-08-26 at 06:41 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

It's hard for me to say who I got the most mileage out of here, given the diversity of enemies. I did get a lot out of Torturous Idol, Bishoujo☆Elisabeth though, not to mention Bellflame Dragon, Mizuki☆Kiyohime, esepcially on the final boss.

But all around, I have to give it up for Inappropriate Gifter, Sleigher☆Alter.

Factotum Variants!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Bugbear in the Playground

Side note, who are everyone's MVPs for this event?
    Raikou, Banana, and Waver have made all the bosses cakewalks.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

MVP through the whole thing was Medb. My girl was on a roll. For Cloe though, I brought in Raikou, Banana, with Kiyo Lancer and Lartoria in the back pocket. Still got a bit to go for the First Lady fight, but they have been doing good work. The wave of Assassins before her make Medb a little riskier sadly, but a good opening hand means she doesnt care.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Just saw Chloe fight, and holy crap, her fighting style is so cool! Her NP animation is awesome too!

Also I rolled the gacha by mistake and got bananazerker out of the ten roll. So at least it wasn't a full loss there.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-08-27 at 07:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

See, this is why I love Ruler Martha. I'm currently farming Crystal A+ for lions, and I bring Smothering Bloadsoaked Magical General, Marshmallow☆Raikou as a guest. Because, y'know, Berserker > Avenger. Well, wouldn't you know it, Jalter decides to straight-up murder the Magical General before I can do likewise to Jalter. Bummer.

I proceed to murder Jalter with Ruler Martha. Because screw class advantage, I have fists. It is joyous. Martha legitimately does not care that she's taking extra damage and dealing less, and proceeds to outpace the rest of the party (Mash and Caster!Marie), and just crushes Jalter pretty much all by herself.

Do. Not. Mess. With. Martha.

EDIT: Does she need a magical girl name? She's using a stick, so I guess she does. How about Lewd Beachfront Magical Bikini Saint, Indecent☆Martha?
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-08-27 at 12:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

I was gonna go with Iron Fisted Saint In Denial, Martha
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

See, this is why I love Ruler Martha. I'm currently farming Crystal A+ for lions, and I bring Smothering Bloadsoaked Magical General, Marshmallow☆Raikou as a guest. Because, y'know, Berserker > Avenger. Well, wouldn't you know it, Jalter decides to straight-up murder the Magical General before I can do likewise to Jalter. Bummer.

I proceed to murder Jalter with Ruler Martha. Because screw class advantage, I have fists. It is joyous. Martha legitimately does not care that she's taking extra damage and dealing less, and proceeds to outpace the rest of the party (Mash and Caster!Marie), and just crushes Jalter pretty much all by herself.

Do. Not. Mess. With. Martha.

EDIT: Does she need a magical girl name? She's using a stick, so I guess she does. How about Lewd Beachfront Magical Bikini Saint, Indecent☆Martha?
    You need to collect all of your magical girl names after the event is done for us!

But yeah, Ruler Martha rules. I just finished 10/10/10ing her skills today and can't wait to break her out for sweet fist beatdowns.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

You need to collect all of your magical girl names after the event is done for us!

But yeah, Ruler Martha rules. I just finished 10/10/10ing her skills today and can't wait to break her out for sweet fist beatdowns.
    Make her fight alongside Beowulf for maximum ora ora ora potential.
    Ruler Martha and Beowulf, fisting people together.

Wait, that came out wrong.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-08-27 at 12:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

I still kind of wish I had gotten Ruler Martha. Would have been better use of my SQ than what I got from this event. Still, i got Lancer Kiyohime and Archer Anne + Mary...and technically OG Tamamo, from summer, so I can't complain TOO much.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I was gonna go with Iron Fisted Saint In Denial, Martha
    Compromise. How about Iron Fist Magical Saint, Ruler☆Martha?

You left out Xuanzang! How can you have maximum ora ora ora without the only actual Stand user?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

You left out Xuanzang! How can you have maximum ora ora ora without the only actual Stand user?
    You're right, she can be there as support for triple fisting action.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

I actually pulled all three of those servants from the summer banners, unfortunately only martha is actually leveled up. I need to work on beowulf and Xuanzang

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

I have both Beowulf and Ruler Martha, luckily i have a bunch of Xuanzangs on my firends list so i can happily make Team PUNCH OUT THEIR BLOOD.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Very few people on my friends list rock Beowulf as their Berserker support sadly.

I have to make do with giving Martha Caligula as her fisting buddy.