New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Last day of Illya, get your final mats today, or forever close the shop!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

coulda use a couple more archer pieces and monuments and probably some eternal gears and spell pages but i've been farming embers for a few days now, i have a huge backlog from finally dumping my quartz in the summer event.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Phone is dying, battery life is non-existent when playing go, and phone has difficulty with receiveing texts and such. So I am upgrading to a nice mid tier phone. Might get more than 15 frames or worse on NPs soon.
    I got a cheaper phone buying a mint condition phone from a regretful early adopter. Google Swappa. Probably saved over 20%. For a mid tier phone that's older, you could save over 50%.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I got a cheaper phone buying a mint condition phone from a regretful early adopter. Google Swappa. Probably saved over 20%. For a mid tier phone that's older, you could save over 50%.
    In any other circumstances, this would be coming from a spambot.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    In any other circumstances, this would be coming from a spambot.
    Sometimes the truth sounds like a bad sales pitch, for example: "Did you know you can save thousands of dollars on plane tickets by deleting cookies and using a VPN?" Apparently airlines set prices based on where they think you are.

Anyway I'm grabbing an unlocked 4th gen Moto x for 250 USD. Pretty decent deal so I'm going for it.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-09-04 at 03:00 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #516

RedWizardGuy

Last day of Illya, get your final mats today, or forever close the shop!
    It would be a lot easier if the damn CE for more mat drops would happen. summer fest was way more generous with dropping boosts.
    Sometimes the truth sounds like a bad sales pitch, for example: "Did you know you can save thousands of dollars on plane tickets by deleting cookies and using a VPN?" Apparently airlines set prices based on where they think you are.

Anyway I'm grabbing an unlocked 4th gen Moto x for 250 USD. Pretty decent deal so I'm going for it.
    Congrats on your new phone. The VPN thing sounds like an old wife's tale. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Gotta buy tickets for Christmas.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

It would be a lot easier if the damn CE for more mat drops would happen. summer fest was way more generous with dropping boosts.

Congrats on your new phone. The VPN thing sounds like an old wife's tale. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Gotta buy tickets for Christmas.
    if you try it make sure you delete your browsers cookies every time you change what country you are in on the VPN, otherwise it will just give you a slightly more expensive ticket. no one knows how they decide what price they give just that they check your browsers cookies and that it varies based on where they think you are. one theory is that ordering tickets using a VPN at the location you are going to is cheapest, another theory is that the biggest factor is using the currency for the country of the airline you are using.

Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

coulda use a couple more archer pieces and monuments and probably some eternal gears and spell pages but i've been farming embers for a few days now, i have a huge backlog from finally dumping my quartz in the summer event.
    I went full on Gears, Tears and Claws, thanks to those I got Nero's Migraine A to 10, she's now 10/10/8, sad thing is I need another 20 gears to have her 10/10/10...

By the way, Nerofest Again is coming, is everyone ready for the challenge quests?
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

my nero is also a 10/10/10, and the dragon fangs were a pain cause i got all the dragon fang servants. i actually calculated how many total fangs i need for my rare servants, i need over 1500 fangs, and I believe i have spend around 500 so far,

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #520

Whew... I didn't manage to get everything I wanted from this event, but at least I got all Chole's mats and NP upgrades and my Illya. And now it's time to start saving quartz for the Winter Gacha Gauntlet of Doom this year. And getting my teams ready for Nerofest. FGO never ends...
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Illya event over, half AP interlude quests begin!

12. - Top - End - #522

RedWizardGuy

I couldn't finish farming the dragon claws, a measly plus 2 bonus was fruit prohibitive.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't even get a Chloe, as i couldn't bring myself to care enough to finish the thing. On the upside i got a bunch of random mats, which is what i actually cared about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Special class summons this week. If there's a particular class you want to try and summon, give it a gander!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Dwarf in the Playground

Special class summons this week. If there's a particular class you want to try and summon, give it a gander!
    I threw a ticket at Saber summoning, because I'm still low on sabers, which got Gilles up to NP5. Joy.
    Saving the rest for a chance at Nero.

Eric was my only interlude available, so now I'm farming some more embers, which should also get my bond up for Robin, Romulus and maybe Darius to unlock some more interludes.

16. - Top - End - #526

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I didn't even get a Chloe, as i couldn't bring myself to care enough to finish the thing. On the upside i got a bunch of random mats, which is what i actually cared about.
    I know the feeling, I'm stuck with a kintoki rider that can't be ascended or NP5. Were you lacking in female servants?

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

being honest my team is pretty solid now, i don't think i can justify this banner except maybe trying for astolfo or atalante on a ticket. the only things that would really increase my teams capabilities are an AoE lancer or certain 5 star berzerkers.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I wouldn't worry. According to the Official King of Heroes Tier List, Chloe is in the second-lowest tier.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #529

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I wouldn't worry. According to the Official King of Heroes Tier List, Chloe is in the second-lowest tier.
    I saw that before, but none of it made any sense, nor did anyone in the thread even talk about relative strengths. Is that even a real list?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

I saw that before, but none of it made any sense, nor did anyone in the thread even talk about relative strengths. Is that even a real list?
    A brief explanation is in order. And in spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gilgamesh is the King of Heroes. This is a tier list from his perspective - that is, what people are worth to him. Most of them are zasshu ("mongrel"), and beneath him.

In fact, almost everybody is zasshu. A few zasshu are exceptional - ones he acknowledges as a rival, although still beneath him. These are people like Iskandar, one of his fellow Kings in Fate/Zero, or Ozymandias, whose empire almost rivaled Gilgamesh's own.

There are a handful of people who are not zasshu. There is Enkidu (aka "Best Clay"), his best and only friend and the only person of worth in the world. There is everybody even close to Enkidu in value, which is precisely nobody because nobody comes close. There is Arturia, his waifu, the only woman both beautiful and strong enough to deserve to be one of the King's treasures. (There is a lot of Arturia, because mascot.)

And there are the fakers, like EMIYA. Because Gilgamesh's treasury basically contains the prototypes of all Noble Phantasms, someone like EMIYA who replicates Noble Phantasms is worse than a thief. Unlike zasshu, who are generally beneath notice, fakers are hated by Gilgamesh.

And then there's that Worthless Goddess, Ishtar, whom Gilgamesh has always hated for reasons. Read a book.

Point is, this is a tier list from the perspective of the King of Heroes. For all that's worth.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

21. - Top - End - #531

RedWizardGuy

Are the two 4 star CE any good? The 15% arts/ 10%np is better than projection. Mostly because limit breaking is hard. I have limit zero but if I didn't, the prisma buster CE is decent.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

In my experience, the event CEs are pretty good. I've been using and leveling 'His rightful place' from the Fate/Zero event (gives 50% NP charge at the beginning of battle and gives 4 crit stars every round), and it's pretty damn useful.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

90% of the time I'm using CEs that boost NP gauge/gain in one way or another. Being able to throw NPs around more often will get you through a lot of content, and it just happens that a lot of the event CEs boost your starting NP Gauge, Boost your NP Gain, or both.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Are the two 4 star CE any good? The 15% arts/ 10%np is better than projection. Mostly because limit breaking is hard. I have limit zero but if I didn't, the prisma buster CE is decent.
    these CEs are pretty good, they are best used on with 2+ arts cards and a arts NPs and servants with 2+ buster cards with a buster NP. better on servants who have a good ability to generate their NP and don't need a CE to do so, for example, Sapphire is pretty good on Medea and Squirtoria, though going formal craft on squirtoria is pretty good too in order to boost her ability to rapid fire her NP even faster.

also keep in mind that these CEs multiply their bonuses on NPs, so for the maxed ones they will be 1.1 x 1.15 for a 26.5 % damage boost to the NP, so these are for NP centric servants especially ones that don't have NP damage button or a blue/red button.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-09-06 at 04:34 PM.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

It's usually a situational question.

I mean, there are some CEs that are almost universally good - Golden Sumo comes to mind - but most are a question of what your needs are for this particular Servant.

That said, the event CEs - and event CEs generally - are extremely good when you have nothing else for the slot. Much like welfare Servants in that regard.

Take Chloe for example. She's an Arts-oriented crit machine. So a CE like Another Ending (+Arts, +crit strength) is perfect for her. But maybe you don't have Another Ending. Or maybe, like anyone sensible, you've put it on Saberlot, because it belongs to him. Well, Kaleid Sapphire (+Arts, +NP damage) is a great substitute. Especially in Chloe's case, you don't need a CE that starts you off with a partial NP charge, given that Kissing Freak gives you +50% at 10. (I mean, you can give her one, but she doesn't need it.) So using a CE like Sapphire works well for her.

On the other hand, maybe you don't want to spread her focus around. Maybe you want to focus on crits, so you give her Gem Magecraft: Antumbra (+crit damage). Or maybe you just want to take maximum advantage of her NP output, and give her Heaven's Feel (+NP damage). It all depends on how you plan to use her in this particular scenario.

And that varies further between Servants. For example, like Chloe, NOBU! is a crit-oriented Archer. Unlike Chloe, however, NOBU! does not have an Arts-emphasis, so Another Ending or Kaleid Sapphire won't do for her. Instead, with her Buster focus, a CE like Victor of the Moon (+Buster, +crit strength) shines; alternatively, Antumbra will emphasize her crits.

So, yeah. Short version: Are they any good? Absolutely. Are they objectively better/worse than other CEs? Hard to say definitively, because it's situational.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground

On the subject of crits, does anyone know/have a link to how star gen actually works?
    I get that some servants have higher gen rates, but is there a formula for how that translates into a solid number?
    Everything I have found so far is just vague percentages, with no mention of how to calculate actual results.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    On the subject of crits, does anyone know/have a link to how star gen actually works?
    I get that some servants have higher gen rates, but is there a formula for how that translates into a solid number?
    Everything I have found so far is just vague percentages, with no mention of how to calculate actual results.
    you multiply the number of hits by the star gen rate for that card. the star gen rate is found by adding the star rate for a given card based on it's type and where in the order it is as well as whether or not the first card is a quick card. and then you do something with the crit multiplier from the servant. i don't actually have a formula but number of hits is extremely important

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

I know the feeling, I'm stuck with a kintoki rider that can't be ascended or NP5. Were you lacking in female servants?
    No, i have plenty. I just didn't care enough about the event to make myself do it. Also i have plenty of Archers so im fine there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

29. - Top - End - #539

RedWizardGuy

Go break your streak, and take some time off then. Time makes the heart grow fonder. When I fire up a game I haven't played in a while, it's a nice feeling when I start again.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Hmm.

I saw that list a while ago, and yet I can't see why there is no tier for himself. Also, no Grand Assassin, which is a shame because he is best gramps.

Edit: By the way I yolo'ed two tickets in the Rider rate up and got Martha, is anyone maxing her out? I've seen her as a fairly decent support rider, yet I'm not sure if she's that good (though I have no 4* Rider except for best Santa and ROCK AND ROLL up to now.)
    Last edited by Yael; 2018-09-08 at 10:03 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.