New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    pro tip for match 4, flat damage plus craft essences are great, even if you cant wombo combo him into the dirt with defense ignoring NPs+ defense down debuffs, you can still try to chip him to death with flat damage buffs from CEs, divinity, and waver attack buff.
    The Saber Wars 5* CE (Land of Shadow's Crimson Lotus) is great for this fight, as it gives a constant Damage plus every turn for Def-ignoring attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    The Saber Wars 5* CE (Land of Shadow's Crimson Lotus) is great for this fight, as it gives a constant Damage plus every turn for Def-ignoring attacks.
    This is the one i used on my Euryale since she has the best passive buff, her, emiya and waver were my lead team. I would have blitzed him but waver got taken out right before i got to him. so it was slow and sloggish.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Spoiler: 4th Exhibition Match - Demonic Dragon Descends Again
    Show
    This match was easier than I thought.

Mystic Code: Chaldea Battle Suit [Lv4]
    Main.
    EMIYA (Lv80 | 4/4/8 | NP3) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Ryougi Shiki (Lv80 | 10/10/10 | NP5) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Zhuge Liang {Support} [Any CE]
    Sub.
    Oda Nobunaga (80 | 4/4/10 | NP5) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Kuro von Einzbern (Lv72 | 1/1/1 | NP5) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Mash (Lv70 | 10/10/10 | NP2) [Princess of the White Rose]

This part requires bursting Siegfried with everything you've got. Noble Phantasms that ignore Defense are key to dealing damage, with his reduction up he's taking literally 0 damage, so you must deal what you can on a single shot.
    EMIYA's Unlimited Lewd Works is pretty good here, it kills the wyverns that are actually more threatening than Saber of Black, so buffing him up with Attack Up and else is pretty good.
    Shiki's Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are excelent too, even if she deals around 10K damage, in this fight those 10K are pretty high compared to the standard 0. Waver's buffs and debuffs are key, I actually ended up killing him with Caster's Curse damage.

He's easy if you can burst off his defenses, keep it up and undust that Emiya ;)

(Berserkers should work fine, such as Lu Bu or Spartacus.)

Euryale deals way too low damage for the fight, maybe use my Emiya, or someone other def-ignoring Servant that has type advantage against Siegfried.
    That's the thing, I don't have any def-ignoring servants. All I have available are people on my friend list.
    I was doing fairly okay when I tried it, I kept Siegfried from using his NP. But then it turned out that the wyverns start spamming death spells after a while, so you can't just leave them alive.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not even touching the exhibition matches, personally. I don't have the energy for that kind of frustration.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #605
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Siegfried down in 3 turns. NP chain with Waver and Martha (with 3rd skill) gives him a 90% def down before hitting him with UBW.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

I hope you're all paying attention to the stage names. 'Mad Celts Fury Woads' is some top-tier localization.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #607
    Bugbear in the Playground

Waver, David, and EMIYA was my team, double Waver is probably better.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #608

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I hope you're all paying attention to the stage names. 'Mad Celts Fury Woads' is some top-tier localization.
    I burst out laughing when I read it.

Against team lancer, I was down to my last saber vs infinite dodgeworks cu but it was Nero with wedding princess. Fight ends in 1 round the one time lancer forgets to dodge. Was happily surprised she pulled it off. A smile for one person alone indeed. I may just Grail her for that.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I burst out laughing when I read it.

Against team lancer, I was down to my last saber vs infinite dodgeworks cu but it was Nero with wedding princess. Fight ends in 1 round the one time lancer forgets to dodge. Was happily surprised she pulled it off. A smile for one person alone indeed. I may just Grail her for that.
    Cu spent a round not evading? What kind of supernatural lucky star have you been born under for that to happen?

10. - Top - End - #610

I had forgotten how hard farming event currencies without bonuses from servants and CEs was... I don't think I'm going to get most of the shop mats, which is a shame because I could really use some of those.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

SIEGFRIED IS DOWN! I DID IT!

Uuugh, this was one hell of a pain. So it turns out that flat damage increase CEs have an easier time going through the defense up than damage multiplier CEs. So the bride CE barely added any damage to my attacks, but the CE that gives damage up +600 added quite a bit of it. Not an awful lot, but going from 100 damage a hit to 700 was quite the change.
    I went for the Euryale/Tamamo/Waver team, and slowly whittled him down, surviving with some difficulty as I threw every curses, every NP charges down, every stuns I could. But finally, after twenty rounds or so, I took him down. The other two wyverns died shortly after.

I am very glad to be done with that.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Even some of the enemy names are fantastic. Particularly like Cu Alter as Dandyliann.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I had forgotten how hard farming event currencies without bonuses from servants and CEs was... I don't think I'm going to get most of the shop mats, which is a shame because I could really use some of those.
    I got pretty lucky with bronze and silver CEs, so I can farm those enough to cherry pick the mats I want out of the shop. Not going to try clearing it though, just grab what I need and then hit up the roulette again for sweet, sweet embers.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Spoiler: Challenge #5
    Show
    After Siegfried, that one was a good breather. I found it to be rather easy, thanks to a Shiki friend and my own assassin Scathach. Would have liked a little better NP gain, but my other strong servants easily handled what little HP Medb still had after the first NP round. It certainly was a lot less painful than Siegfried, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-09-18 at 11:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

thanks to Shuten Douji this one was pretty simple, i didn't have to wait till near the end of the fight to start killing her.

however now we are in the home stretch... I am not looking forward to match 6 at all.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: 5th Exhibition Match - Mother of all Warriors
    Show
    This quest was.. also easy. I'm wondering if I'm in good shape or if the matches were just simple up to this point.

My setup was the following.
    Mystic Code: Chaldea Battle Suit [Lv4]
    Main.
    Mash Kyrelight (Lv70 | 10/10/10 | NP2) [Magical Girl of Sapphire]
    Carmille (Lv70 | 1/1/1 | NP2) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Jack the Ripper {Support} [MLB Princess of the White Rose]
    Sub.
    Ryougi Shiki (Lv80 | 10/10/10 | NP5) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Saber Alter (Lv80 | 6/6/6 | NP5) [Princess of the White Rose]
    Rider Sakata Kintoki (Lv80 | 9/5/2 | NP5) [Princess of the White Rose]

Kill the riders to kill Rider. When Medb stacks enough attack buffs, use Jack's 2nd skill (or a similar effect) to cleanse those pesky Attack Up. I brought Kin because of the two casters with high HP, he can one shot them. Aside from that, Carmille, Shiki, Jack, or any ST Assassin will do the trick once the celts are done.

Good luck, hitting that queen!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    however now we are in the home stretch... I am not looking forward to match 6 at all.
    Yeah... I feel you.
    Last edited by Yael; 2018-09-19 at 12:51 AM.

"**** if I know."

16. - Top - End - #616

Raikou, Shiki, Waver made Medb go down in 2 turns, had Kintoki for caster clean up.
    Steam ID

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah... I feel you.
    Have faith in your loyal hound! He will show that Gilgamesh that he is not to be messed with!
    I you have access to Scathach from a friend or something, you can take advantage of that as well. I'm personally going to have Cu, Lartoria and support Scathach (or another Lartoria if my Scathach friend isn't available) to make my attempts.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

i'm hoping bringing alone lancer tamamo will help a lot, since she has some pretty amazing NP generation, especially when her third skill is active. and even though she isn't anti-divine her NP is anti-male.

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Spoiler: Challenge #6
    Show
    That one was a little tricky, but it only took me three attempts to succeed. Just had to remember to put on the proper mystic code, and I managed to beat Gilgamesh with an unfriended Scathach (thankfully don't need her NP since she deals literally no damage with it). Now, I'm one challenge away from being a Nero master. Looking forward to the final battle!
    Well, not really.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-09-19 at 11:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620

Scathach's NP does stun, which was very useful at blocking Gil's NP. Her, Cu and Waver was my team.
    Steam ID

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sure, it stuns, but I was pretty shocked that it only dealt 26 damage while Lartoria and Cu still did 40kish damage both. Considering it's a race against the clock, I decided it was better to have no NP but a double damage CE (and every skill at 10) than a Scathach with her NP available but not double damage CE. It paid off, thankfully.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

man i approached this one all wrong at first, i tried to come up with several ways to just nuke him but he kept obliterating them all and dismantling the mall before i could. so i restrategized an figure out i needed to use stuns and dodges and mash to survive long enough. basically i needed to slow him down so i could destroy him faster than i was failing. cause he is still constantly destroying everything. i ended up stun locking him for 5 turns while nuking him with tons of crits.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I thought he was resistant to debuffs? I had read that he shrugged off most stuns unless they were guaranteed like Scathach's or something. Hmm, maybe the guide was wrong.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

actually i double checke my team and it was 4 turns, and only one of them was chance based. summer tamamo's charm, scathach's NP, and chaldea combat suit mystic code all are garunteed.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Ooh, I see. Useful!

I'm making plans for the final challenge. I'm thinking that having d'Eon taunt on the first turn to attract every attacks while I command spell a friend's Jalter to use her NP on the the first turn to kill Jack, then maybe do it again for the ruler will save me a lot of early headaches.
    Hell, I might NP for the first three turns to get as many quick kills as I can. Although that would leave me open to Nero, so it would most likely be better to keep one just in case I need a quick heal or an emergency NP.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: 6th Exhibition Match - The Oldest Hero
    Show
    I achieved it on my first attempt, of course I was on the ropes half of the fight, but in the end it was possible.

I'll cut Mystic Codes as every servant but Mash had a copy of Princess of the White Rose.
    Mystic Code: Atlat Institute Uniform [Lv1]
    Main.
    Mash Kyrelight (Lv70 | 10/10/10 | NP2) [500-Year Obsession]
    Tamamo no Mae (Lancer) (Lv90 | 1/1/1 | NP1)
    Scathach {Support} [MLB Princess of the White Rose]
    Sub.
    Arturia Pendragon (Lancer) (Lv80 | 9/6/6 | NP1)
    Martha (Ruler) (Lv80 | 10/10/10 | NP1)
    Cu Chulainn (Lv80 | 8/10/8 | NP5)

This fight was a time bomb. I didn't bring a stall team, but a full-on damage composition. Mash was used to stall as much as possible (arigatou, sheruda~!) with her whole kit. I must add that her pressence made this possible, as she counters pretty well Gilgamesh' growth at least up to turn 4.
    Tamamo did most damage, even if her NP was nerfed off with the debuff, she dealt around 50-100k damage each time I'd brave chain with her NP, which was pretty good. I didn't get to charge Scathach's NP, but her brave chains hit really hard.

Martha deals a ton of damage with the Event CE and her third skill, so even if little, her damage didn't go unnoticed. Lastly, Cu Chulainn is the real MVP here. He stalled 3 full turns by himself, and managed to deal about 300K damage against He Who Saw The Deep.

I recommend going on a full Lancer team and wrecking him before he does to your servants, as he crits really often and his NP at 4th turn will deal more than 20K damage (already cut in half) to all your servants with his Enuma Elish.

Good luck, and let's see how goes tonight's challenge.

"**** if I know."

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

I might as well show the insane team I used to shut down Gil.
    Spoiler
    Show
    chaldea combat uniform mystic code
    Mash fragment of 2030
    Scathach (support) MLB princess of white roses
    Waver fragment of 2030
    Backline
    Tamamo lancer MLB princess of white roses
    Scathach MLB golden captures the carpet
    Medea MLB Battle of Camlann
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-09-20 at 10:00 PM.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Show
    That one was a little tricky, but it only took me three attempts to succeed. Just had to remember to put on the proper mystic code, and I managed to beat Gilgamesh with an unfriended Scathach (thankfully don't need her NP since she deals literally no damage with it). Now, I'm one challenge away from being a Nero master. Looking forward to the final battle!
    Well, not really.
    Show
    Really? How do you...not do damage with a Scathach NP against a Divine archer? That's literally her best target! Mine did 400k damage with a single Gae Bolg Alternative!

In any case, I had quite a bit of trouble with Gilgamesh and eventually burned two Command Seals for a second Gae Bolg Alternative and a second Brynhildr Romantia.

BY THE WAY. DID YOU KNOW THAT ARCHER GILGAMESH DOESN'T HAVE THE BELOVED TRAIT THAT LETS BRYN DO EXTRA DAMAGE?! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT NOW. AND ITS STUPID HE DOESN'T HAVE IT.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Show
    Really? How do you...not do damage with a Scathach NP against a Divine archer? That's literally her best target! Mine did 400k damage with a single Gae Bolg Alternative!

In any case, I had quite a bit of trouble with Gilgamesh and eventually burned two Command Seals for a second Gae Bolg Alternative and a second Brynhildr Romantia.

BY THE WAY. DID YOU KNOW THAT ARCHER GILGAMESH DOESN'T HAVE THE BELOVED TRAIT THAT LETS BRYN DO EXTRA DAMAGE?! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT NOW. AND ITS STUPID HE DOESN'T HAVE IT.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid? or maybe he is so unlovable that not even Brynhildr could love him.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea. For some reason, her NP did all of 26 damage. I was completely taken aback by that, because outside of the debuff he does, I didn't have anything else that should have made me so weak.