New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    This is why I farm them in Germania. Slightly lower drop rate but you get claws, and much better bond per AP. Though a portrait or two would make the fuyuki one better for bond...
    Wow, yeah. Can't believe I forgot this. And I don't know why you say slightly lower drop rate; I've gotten roughly one per run so far, on average.

At this rate I might actually make some progress before losing consciousness!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Nero is gated by 6! octuplet crystals which is a ridiculous 126 APD in the sea of freedom quest. Don't have access to the Camelot Ideal city quest yet. Heart of the god is 500 APD just to get Orion to her second ascension. =( I wish I had a Jeanne or some ruler that doesn't require all this special ****.
    Ooof, Crystals and Horseshoes were my banes. Can sympathise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Wait for an event and you'll be swimming in Mats. I've fot like 30 Ontoplet crystals and over 40 Hearts of a Foreign God. Currently i need lower tier stuff cuz i go through it so fast.
    But, very much this! Summer event is bound to get you some good mats, so hang in there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I feel ya, I'm currently chainsawing through all the free quests I didn't do and boy are they easy... and boring. I mean, I can slaughter them with impunity, but like you said, it takes longer to load than kill them.

Personally, I've been using a less optimized team (it's my burgeoning Buster Crit team that is almost all sub 60) so it requires a tad more work
    Yup yup, I've worked through Camelot and EPU, almost done with London. It is EXhausting. Might not bother with Okeanos... but SQ...

The more I look at Summer Event, the more tempted I am by banner 2, so I think that's where all my hard won quartz is going.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Finally got a lucky bounce with feathers, ascended Altria saber to max, all is well!
    Now I believe I will feed some XP to Laltoria while I wait for the summer event.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Wow, yeah. Can't believe I forgot this. And I don't know why you say slightly lower drop rate; I've gotten roughly one per run so far, on average.

You don't look up average drop rates for materials online?
    https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/item/evil-bone
    If you're free to play, you have to eek out every last advantage.
    I'm divided between farm feathers, claws, horseshoes or gears.
    I think I'll max out horseshoes and gears to get another ascension on my caster Hans. It's not much better, but it'll give him more hp to tank 1 more hit.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

well it's 30 APD instead of 23 APD for the bones. (though it's actially closer to 27-29 APD in germania, don't know why they like to round that one to 30 APD)
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-07-22 at 11:32 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"Okay, time to ascend Jeanne again, she's high enough level."
    Costs 10 million QP, only has 9 million
    "Where did all the QP go. o3o"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    "Okay, time to ascend Jeanne again, she's high enough level."
    Costs 10 million QP, only has 9 million
    "Where did all the QP go. o3o"
    Ahhh, that magical moment. I've finally gotten around to raising the skills of my Servants and dropped from over 100 million QP to barely over 1p million in no time flat. You got to be careful with raising skills.

As format farming... I'm in Void Dust hell, Charlotte is just dangerous enough that I have to pay attention to it but not enough that I have to focus...which makes it a slog for me. But I only need like...7 more for Emiya's final ascension! Then I can either grind more dust to Kiritsugi's final ascension...or do Emiya's strengthening and call it a week on mat grinding until Summer Event hits on Thursday.

Ah well, at least I'm getting Proofs at the same time!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not even sure what to farm anymore. Though at the moment I'm more concerned with the master missions to get that sweet sweet SQ for summer and prisma. So that means farming the generic skill dailies a little bit each day.

Okay I lie, I know I need to farm medals for Saberlot and Chains for Nitocris but...eh.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I'm not even sure what to farm anymore. Though at the moment I'm more concerned with the master missions to get that sweet sweet SQ for summer and prisma. So that means farming the generic skill dailies a little bit each day.

Okay I lie, I know I need to farm medals for Saberlot and Chains for Nitocris but...eh.
    Personally, I'm working on Ascensions by broad categories. For example, I'm farming Evil Bones because of so many low-rarity Servants that use them to Ascend. I've worked out a grocery list. I may need some mental help.

Once I take care of my Evil Bones quota, I'm probably going to shift over to Horseshoes, which will be an absolute nightmare, but Best Rider Waifu and Ushi need them some Horseshoes, and they will have them.

I'm not bothering with Medals at this point, because I've got Saberlot Ascended, and his skills are at 4 (his third is at 5), so it's not like he's suffering functionally. And mercifully, I don't have anybody who uses Chains or Lamps or whatever, so that's a relief.

So, short version: I suggest farming for whatever brings you the maximum benefit. For me, that's Ascending mass quantities of Servants.

My next target is Saber Gilles. I'mma need 20 of these things. Yay.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #130

RedWizardGuy

Personally, I'm working on Ascensions by broad categories. For example, I'm farming Evil Bones because of so many low-rarity Servants that use them to Ascend. I've worked out a grocery list. I may need some mental help.

Once I take care of my Evil Bones quota, I'm probably going to shift over to Horseshoes, which will be an absolute nightmare, but Best Rider Waifu and Ushi need them some Horseshoes, and they will have them.

I'm not bothering with Medals at this point, because I've got Saberlot Ascended, and his skills are at 4 (his third is at 5), so it's not like he's suffering functionally. And mercifully, I don't have anybody who uses Chains or Lamps or whatever, so that's a relief.

So, short version: I suggest farming for whatever brings you the maximum benefit. For me, that's Ascending mass quantities of Servants.

My next target is Saber Gilles. I'mma need 20 of these things. Yay.
    Why are you ascending so many low star servants?

In related topic, are you required to beat the game with low star servants? I get that impression because my 2 star is on its way to max Ascension while my 4 and 5 stars languish around level 60-70.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

In related topic, are you required to beat the game with low star servants? I get that impression because my 2 star is on its way to max Ascension while my 4 and 5 stars languish around level 60-70.
    I could only guess that he's already got his higher star servants at max ascension. And higher stars predictably take more experience to level up, that would be my initial assessment.

I got the last Evil Bone I needed to ascend Serenity again. Now to farm chains for the rest of my life.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

I could only guess that he's already got his higher star servants at max ascension. And higher stars predictably take more experience to level up, that would be my initial assessment.

I got the last Evil Bone I needed to ascend Serenity again. Now to farm chains for the rest of my life.
    This. My high-rarity game is solid, and I've cleared the story. I'm Ascending low-rarity Servants because it gives me a goal, and because you need to max-Ascend them to unlock their Strengthening quests. And I want the Strengthening quests because free SQ.

You are not required to beat the game with low-rarity Servants, but there are advantages to powering them up. As Hunter observes, it's easier to power up your low-rarity Servants than, say, your SSRs. They're also cheaper to slot into a party, while that's an issue for you. Also, many events will give bonuses for a variety of Servants - and yes, some low-rarity options are on the list. (Some people on my list actually Grailed Ushiwakamaru for the recent events.)

Fact is, I don't need my low-rarity Servants most of the time. There are some contexts, for example, when Cursed Arm is pretty useful, but for the most part, I have at least one gold card for every slot. That said, it's nice to have them available, and powered up, on the off chance that I do need them.

And again, free SQ from Strengthening quests.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

And again, free SQ from Strengthening quests.
    This.

Saint Quartz is a rare currency, so farming it up from whatever source is available is essencial for your average gacha hunt. For the same reason I've bond-leveled every servant I have up to Lv5 at least, for both their profile text and voiceovers, plus some of them do have Interludes that grant a single free SQ. Strengthening empowers servants (for example, Caligula becomes one of the most damage-heavy servants in the game post Strengthening), so even if you won't use them often, during certain event about a year and half into the future, you will need every servant you have in a decent level, I don't want to spoil, but support dependency will be cut completely for that challenge event.

But for the most part, free SQ. Free SQ ftw!
    Last edited by Yael; 2018-07-23 at 07:00 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

I am ready, I have 111 lancer gold embers, 101 assassin gold embers, and some odd amout over 100 of other assorted embers.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chains, chains, chains... I'm just going to buy them from event shops (also medals) RNG is a harsh mistress.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I am ready, I have 111 lancer gold embers, 101 assassin gold embers, and some odd amout over 100 of other assorted embers.
    That's a lot of embers I can't stockpile because (a) addicted to leveling servants, and (b) paranoid about running out of inventory space (which is really not an issue. but see paranoid)

I went on a skill-up binge. Spent so many mats, I'm a little scared of what I've done. Maxed Medusa's stun, my first level 10 skill! And got a few more to 6.

Now back to free quests! I only have Septem left to finish, which is an absolute breeze. Gives me a chance to raise bond levels on weaker servants.

16. - Top - End - #136

So, I've been reading guides on the Summer Event... I'd really recommend reading guides before this event starts, because it's really complex.

On the plus side, lots of good mats in the shop. Those seeds in particular I need and am going to need even more if I get Illya.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    So, I've been reading guides on the Summer Event... I'd really recommend reading guides before this event starts, because it's really complex.

On the plus side, lots of good mats in the shop. Those seeds in particular I need and am going to need even more if I get Illya.
    Got a link to a good guide?

I got a lot of materials in the Summer shop that I want to harvest this go around.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Got a link to a good guide?

I got a lot of materials in the Summer shop that I want to harvest this go around.
    I've been using two: gamepress version and reddit version.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

it looks like a convoluted mess, but if i am getting it right, it is much simpler than that, as you can redo the development quests after finishing the main quest.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Well I just setup my various parties to use the listed bonus servants, though that'll change when I try to summon some I'm sure. I should go farm embers.

And won't some of the CEs show up on the friend summon? Good thing I saved that 80k FP.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

3* CEs will show up in the FP gacha. 4* and 5* won't.

Basically the strategy is to go thru the Main and Development Quest cycle as fast as you can to unlock all the best farming nodes before you switch to farming for the shop. The bigger hassle would be making the farming teams since the best servants for a node and the bonus servants for that node's drops don't always match up.

Also, rotating banners for those who only wants one of the SRs.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2018-07-24 at 07:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    3* CEs will show up in the FP gacha. 4* and 5* won't.

Basically the strategy is to go thru the Main and Development Quest cycle as fast as you can to unlock all the best farming nodes before you switch to farming for the shop. The bigger hassle would be making the farming teams since the best servants for a node and the bonus servants for that node's drops don't always match up.
    Well it gives me a reason to spend a bunch of those FP I've got lying around.

And I did notice that dissonance. It didn't seem like it was necessarily a case of bonus servants being weak to a node at least, but yeah, in some places you'll be doing neutral damage at best.

Factotum Variants!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Well it gives me a reason to spend a bunch of those FP I've got lying around.

And I did notice that dissonance. It didn't seem like it was necessarily a case of bonus servants being weak to a node at least, but yeah, in some places you'll be doing neutral damage at best.
    To be fair, the event runs for awhile. So if you want to form teams with strong Servants in front, and bonus Servants in the back - lowering your productivity, but increasing survival - you can do that, and still have time to farm.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I would suggest aiming to farm for specific stuff you need right now rather than farm for stuff you might want later. Check which servants you want to upgrade and what they need, then check if the event gives you that stuff, then get it. And when you have all that stuff, you can start getting other things.
    I personally always aim to get all the ember and Fou cards to level up and get increased stats. I already know who is going to eat all those Fous (Jeanne is hungry for stats and squirrel-dog things).

25. - Top - End - #145

RedWizardGuy

This must be one of those events that the plutocrats talk about when they say they're swimming in rare mats.
    I better spend my fruit.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

dropped the 7 day ticket on the camelot banner cause i could still use stuff from it on my team even if i am saving SQ for the beach. got banana oni. she's gonna have to wait till i see what the beach holds for me.

edit: wait this means i can get more lines from drunk oni!
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-07-24 at 03:36 PM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I've been using two: gamepress version and reddit version.
    I'm going to add another guide actually - this one.

It's a visual cheat sheet. In the leftmost column, you can see the different nodes (Jungle, Field, etc.), the resource you farm there (Lumber, Stone, etc.), and - and this is key - icons for the enemies you'll find in that node. To the right of that are the Servants, organized by type, who grant a bonus to that node's resource. The ones labeled in orange have class advantage. For example, the first node, Jungle, drops Lumber. The minor enemies are Archers and Sabers, with a boss Berserker. Thus, Archers and Berserkers will have the most advantage in that node - that means Tristan, STELLAAAAAAA!, and a half-dozen Berserkers are your best bets there. Lancers will help too, but watch out for the Archers.

I plan to build my teams using this as a reference.

EDIT: Okay, I think I've lined up some reasonably effective teams. My line-up:
    Spoiler: Teams
    Show

Lumber:
    • Rider Kintoki (Holy Night Sign)
    • Ibaraki (Limited/Zero Over)
    • Santa Alter (Halloween Princess)
    • Kiyohime (Kaleidoscope)
    • Arash (Imaginary Element)

Stone:
    • Saber Lancelot (Another Ending)
    • Heracles (Castle of Snow)
    • Stheno (Gandr)
    • Euryale (Formal Craft)
    • Medea (Halloween Princess)

Metal:
    • EMIYA (Another Ending)
    • Nobunaga (Gem Magecraft: Antumbra)
    • Berserker Lancelot (Kaleidoscope)
    • Paracelsus (Formal Craft)
    • Babbage (Halloween Princess)

Water:
    • Mash (Prisma Cosmos)
    • Atalante (Kaleidoscope)
    • Saber Lily (Imaginary Element)
    • Rider Martha (Formal Craft)
    • Jeanne (Projection)

Food:
    • Caster Elizabeth (Halloween Princess)
    • Irisviel (Prisma Cosmos)
    • Carmilla (Heaven's Feel)
    • Saber Gilles (Kaleidoscope)
    • Robin (Formal Craft)

It's been awhile since I had to think hard about cost constraints. Having Mash on every team has spoiled me.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-07-24 at 04:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Keep in mind the Summertime Mistress CE from the shop increases food and water drops. So if you can spare CE space on those comps adding it in could be beneficial.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to add another guide actually - this one.

It's a visual cheat sheet. In the leftmost column, you can see the different nodes (Jungle, Field, etc.), the resource you farm there (Lumber, Stone, etc.), and - and this is key - icons for the enemies you'll find in that node. To the right of that are the Servants, organized by type, who grant a bonus to that node's resource. The ones labeled in orange have class advantage. For example, the first node, Jungle, drops Lumber. The minor enemies are Archers and Sabers, with a boss Berserker. Thus, Archers and Berserkers will have the most advantage in that node - that means Tristan, STELLAAAAAAA!, and a half-dozen Berserkers are your best bets there. Lancers will help too, but watch out for the Archers.

I plan to build my teams using this as a reference.

It's been awhile since I had to think hard about cost constraints. Having Mash on every team has spoiled me.
    Oooh, that was useful, thanks. Shuffled a few of my servants around for class advantage.
    This must be one of those events that the plutocrats talk about when they say they're swimming in rare mats.
    I better spend my fruit.
    Join the plutocracy, and leave ascension hell behind you! Just kidding, we all end up back here soon enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I would suggest aiming to farm for specific stuff you need right now rather than farm for stuff you might want later. Check which servants you want to upgrade and what they need, then check if the event gives you that stuff, then get it. And when you have all that stuff, you can start getting other things.
    I personally always aim to get all the ember and Fou cards to level up and get increased stats. I already know who is going to eat all those Fous (Jeanne is hungry for stats and squirrel-dog things).
    Yeah, that's how I generally run events. Normally grab CEs first, then pick and choose what I want after that. Also worth grabbing things that you don't need now but are rare outside of events. Can save a lot of farming later.
    Well I just setup my various parties to use the listed bonus servants, though that'll change when I try to summon some I'm sure. I should go farm embers.

And won't some of the CEs show up on the friend summon? Good thing I saved that 80k FP.
    I never get event CEs from FP. Maybe one if I'm lucky. Soooooo annoying.
    To be fair, the event runs for awhile. So if you want to form teams with strong Servants in front, and bonus Servants in the back - lowering your productivity, but increasing survival - you can do that, and still have time to farm.
    I may have to do this. We shall see.

30. - Top - End - #150

RedWizardGuy

Wasn't maintenance suppose to start at 11p Pacific time? That's 1a for the Midwest. I was hoping to spend more AP before going to bed but the maintenance already started at 10 Pacific time.