New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

You come to in darkness. As your senses refocus, you find yourselves aware of clatter of rocks, moans of pain, coughing and dust everywhere, getting in your mouths and nostrils. A quick assessment reveals that you yourselves, though in pain and discomfort, as well as lying on a slightly cold rough stone, are unharmed in general sense. You might be in shock though, as you still have little idea how anything came to pass to deposit you here.

Last you remember, Armasse festival was getting properly started.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I figured I'd do a cold open. As you see or find other PC's you might recognize that you met them before whatever just happened, whether briefly or a lengthy chat. Most of you have Darkvision, so you can see more, which I'll describe a bit later. The dust still limits your sight past the immediate surroundings.

If this feels poor, we can go back to Armasse properly.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

Esper was more than excited to join in on the festival that she had been preparing for. Getting what some might call over excited, she dawned all her gear. This didn't just stop at weapons and armor either as Esper made sure to gather what she'd wear if she was to travel with the crusade. As such she carried all her traveling gear as well. in truth she wanted to show her strength off that she could lug around that amount of accoutrement; thus proving she had some value to offer more than just being a newly ordained paladin. Walking around and taking in the sights were the last memories Esper really had before waking up coughing as blunt pain radiated through her body.

Getting up she'd do her best to take in a quick assessment of what was going on. It seemed she was elsewhere from where she was before and there were a few others around her moving as well. Using her Soul Seer ability to see who needed help the most she'd move over to do her best to and make sure they were okay.

"You okay?"
    "Hold on I'll help!"

For now Esper would focus on aiding others and making sure everyone was okay before trying to remember what had happened. Once it seemed everyone moving was up she'd turn to making sure no one needed patched up as she used her Darkvision to take in the area.
    Last edited by SpoonyMage; 2018-07-15 at 02:09 PM.

~We cannot change how the dice roll, just how we play the game afterwards.~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OOC link

Lunalesca Slaveborn

Earlier...

The aasimar was excited when she reached Kenabres. Following in Our Lady in Shadows’ cryptic vision, she knew not what she would see in this place, but a festival is always fun. She didn’t even rent a room for an inn yet, drawn to the parades and food and the games and the exercises. All things she missed out on during her youth, spent as a pleasure slave in the hands of a (now murdered) noble in Cheliax.

Luna enjoyed the lizard-on-a-stick kebab while she waited for some important bigwig to give a speech. The kebab was free, compliments of a young man who seemed very interested in the way Luna really puts the “breast” in “breastplate” (although technically her armor is scale mail).

Now...

Luna rubs her head. “Ow...” She mutters as she feels a small bump on the back of her noggin. “What...what happened? All I remember was waiting for a speech, and then...maybe some loud roar? My heads ringing so much I don’t remember.”

As it is pitch dark in here, the aasimar does the first thing that comes naturally to her in this situation. “Let there be light...”

A blue-ish white soothing light, as bright as a torch, materializes over a few seconds. It appears to be floating above the woman’s head, in the form of a glowing halo. She looks around at her surroundings.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2020-11-12 at 01:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The wall of the cavern nearest to you is formed of fallen rocks, debris and body parts. An arm peeks out from beneath a piece of rock, and a pair of legs peek from the wall of rubble. The owners of these are not alive, at least you hope. Besides you all, you see a few figures near you that appear mostly intact and probably alive. More dead bodies and rubble are on the ground.

One of them is a woman lying prone on the floor, unresponsive, her left leg trapped under a rock below the knee and bent at an angle you think it probably shouldn't.
    Another is an elven man, clutching his face, breathing short, panicked breaths, his fingers and hands painted with blood, dripping down his forearms.
    The last one, in best shape, is the one that was rudely awakened by a dropping rock. A man progressing in years, he sits up, shakes his head and yells out "What is going on? I demand that whoever is behind this explain themselves at once!"

As the dust clears little by little, it reveals a jagged, immobile shape near the periphery on the far side, perhaps forty feet away, as well as larger pieces of a building that tumbled down here. The ceiling lies twenty or so feet above you, and the chamber stretches out beyond your vision on the far side.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

The ringing in her head is bad, sure, but nothing she hadn't experienced a thousand times before after being cuffed upside the head for ruining a crosspiece. Or so Rung Thlûk tells herself as she slowly pushes off the broken ground, shaking her head and blinking rapidly, her eyes taking a moment to adjust to the lack of light ... and then having to adjust again a moment later when someone nearby flashes their magic. Where ... what happened? is all she can think, as her short-term memory draws a blank. She'd made it to Kenabres, the festival had been in full swing, then ... what?

She glances around to see a few other people on their feet, but finds her eyes drawn to a woman pinned under a large piece of debris nearby. Rushing over, she glances down helplessly, bemoaning her own uselessness; about all she knows to do is check whether the woman is breathing. "H -- Hey!" she coughs sharply, dust spraying before getting the word out. "Anyone help me with her?" She points numbly down, before striding over and gripping the rock. This at least she can do ... but she freezes. "Am I gonna kill her if I move this or something?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kreedic remembered enjoying this festival a lot more as a child. He had vague memories of Armasse as a child; back then his father had been supplying various booths with various alchemical items for their shows, games, and challenges. Every once in awhile he'd catch a glimpse of someone he thought he recognized from back then, but it was difficult and he had not been prepared for the sheer quantity of people attending the festival. They made him a little nervous, constantly jostling him, and an overwhelming amount of sensory information from the various smells, sounds, and colors didn't help either. To top it all off was the chittering voice in his head that belonged to the purple dragon standing attentively on his shoulder. Not attentive to him, of course, Ylby was far too easily distracted for that.

"So many colors everywhere! And there, those two are going to duke it out! Hmm, I hope the blond one wins, he's cute. Oh nope, never mind, that's a broken wrist. Hey do you small that? That smell of meat? I wonder what it-- HOW BARBARIC. A GRILLED LIZARD."

Kreedic rolled his eyes. "Oh calm down Ylby, according to you, you are only extremely distantly related to lizards; even if you ate one I don't think it would be cannibalism."

The pseudo-dragon set to chittering again, this time a fair bit of grumbling mixed in about how he should take that lizard from woman he saw eating it, but Kreedic ignored her. He did his best to enjoy Armasse, sampling a few different foods (besides the lizard) and even attempting a few of the carnival games. He was quite successful, until he got caught using prestidigitation and mage hand on a cup and balls gambling game. For some reason the proprietor was angry about that. Wasn't the point of the game to use your best skills to win? If someone used magic to help themselves and you didn't want that, it was your own fault for not having your wits about you if they succeeded. Kreedic was actually about to congratulate the man on his superior perceptive abilities when he was kicked out!

Later...

"SSSSSS!!" Kreedic awoke to a hissing noise in his face, then a voice in his head. "Wake up numbskull! We're all trapped and there's people who need your help down here!" Kreedic sincerely wished his skull had actually been numb, but he managed to sit up. Realizing he had no change in vision when his eyes were opened or closed, he whispered in the darkness.

"Ylby! I can't see a thing!"
    "Well of course not! Didn't I tell you you needed to work on your dark vision?"
    "Yeah yeah yeah, I don't think it works like that. Regardless, get the torch will ya? If there's people that need help I'll need to be able to see them."

As Ylby rummaged in his bag, a halo of light appeared a little ways off from him. Blinking in the sudden illumination, he saw a few of the other people lying on the ground, and the woman underneath the Halo. Oh, Ylby's gonna love this... he thought to himself. After a moment the dragon had a red light around it, and then it emerged with a red everburning torch, which Kreedic promptly accepted. Seeing someone that seemed healthy working on the woman trapped under a rock, Kreedic makes his way over to the panicked man, getting ready to cast stabilize on him if needed. He grimaces at the carnage in the 'wall' but turns away from it to help the man. "Whoa there friend, easy does it. Look, we've got light now, we're all gonna be okay."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+3)[20]
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2018-07-15 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typos

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Lunalesca Slaveborn

The aasimar (and she is very clearly an aasimar, with the halo and all) sees all the carnage, and puts a hand to her mouth. "Oh my Lady...this is terrible!"

She walks over into the center of everything. Not knowing who may be beyond saving, she tries to tag as many people as she can at once with what she is about to do. There's no time to waste. "May the gods save these people and alleviate their suffering! Worry not, you are in good hands." She kneels in prayer, and white, but not blinding, light pours forth from Lunalesca. The light gives succor and healing warmth to everyone it touches.

Show
    Channel energy on everyone, healing (1d6)[3]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-15 at 11:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kreedic manages to keep the elf focused with his voice. "Where is the light?" he asks, his voice still coming in pained gasps. The healing light washes over him, relieving his pain q little. He unhands his face, revealing a bloody ruin where his eyes used to be. It looks like something slashed across his face. "I can't see the light" he says, breathing faster.

The woman with her leg pinned beneath a rock comes to, gasping with pain but suppressing a scream. She looks around in the light and takes stock of the situation. She tries to move the rock pinning her, but can't get a good leverage.

The man stands up, appreciating the light to see by and the healing that closes the scratches he accrued. He remains quoet for now.

Finally, the healing energies causes one More thing to stir. It flows over the dead without reacting, but a fourth body is touched by the light. A young, willowy woman, her left arm a charred stump at the shoulder, and most of the rest of her doing little better. She doesn't regain consciousness.

9. - Top - End - #9

"Welp, he's toast."

Kreedic raised an eyebrow at the candid, matter-of-fact comment, but internally he struggled to disagree. He'd been effectively sightless a few moments ago and knew fully well that he would have had no chance of getting out without a light source.

"Uhmm..." he hesitated, trying to decide whether or not to tell the elf about his predicament and whether the truth was likely to send him into hysterics. "Well you probably just felt it's effects, I guess there's just something... keeping you from seeing it." His voice was a little uncertain at the end, and he grimaced to no one in particular. Trying to sweep the first part of the discussion under the rug, he stooped down to help the man up, hoping the distraction of movement would prevent him from thinking too terribly hard, and also to keep his head elevated. "Anyways, I can see so I can help. We're in some sort of large caved in chamber, but there's a disturbance in the shadows a little ways away that might contain a way out. Come on."

Kreedic begins guiding the man towards the jagged, immobile object just visible at the edge of his vision. To be honest, he had no idea if there was an exit over there, but figured it was more important to keep the elf doing something for the time being. As they started moving, everburning torch in one hand, other hand helping the elf, Kreedic turned towards Ylby and spoke to her in draconic.

"Hey Ylby, you can see better than I can, could you go check the far side of the cavern, see if there's a way out over there?"

"Are you completely useless in the dark?" she responded telepathically.

Kreedic rolled his eyes at her. "Just do it. I'll by you something tasty at the festival later, assuming it's still there. There being relative because I'm not entirely sure where here is."

There was a clattering of claws on the floor as the pseudo-dragon turned and took flight towards the other side of the chamber.
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2018-07-16 at 01:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rung manages to lift the rock clear off the woman's leg. She nods her head gratefully and struggles to her feet. She manages about half a step before her leg gives way and she starts tumbling down.
    Show
    You can catch her easily enough

She gasps in pain, and says "No... Not gonna walk on that."

The shape looming in the dark resolves into the shape of a body. It is a giant spider, lying on it's back with its legs curled and thrust toward the roof of the cave. Dead
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2018-07-16 at 02:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper seeing that everyone was more or less alive was being helped but one. Taking note with her Soul Seer vision she'd make sure there wasn't anyone else left alive and just unconscious they might miss. Finding only one she'd go over and review her injuries. It seemed that her arm was a charred stump and was unconscious but otherwise alive.

"She looks pretty bad and she might have broken bones. It seems 4 of us came out of this unscathed somehow."

"Praise be to Sarenrae"

She wasn't speaking or yelling really. It was just habit for her when something miraculous happened that it must be due to divine intervention. Bending down she'd carefully pick up the unconscious woman and bring her over to the others.

"Everyone. Let's head to the next room. If we stay in here more rocks might come loose and fall on us. Let's get everyone injured into the next room, then take stalk of our situation and introduce ourselves."

Assuming everyone else was in agreement she'd take her own advice.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Lunalesca Slaveborn

The aasimar is saddened to see so many dead,but the time to mourn is later. Now, there are people to be rescued. And apparently also people who are over-eager. "Everyone, slow down a bit. I think if there are going to be collapses, they probably happened already. Who knows how long we've been down here for. Think about it from the injured people's perspective. They're hurt, unable to control their situation for one reason or another, and now there are strangers here who are going to pull them deeper into the unknown. Let's take a breath, take stock of each other, and make sure we can trust each other to look out for each other. We'll need to work as a group if we are to survive."

She takes a breath. "I'll go first. I am Lunalesca, a divine will-worker of some talent. This is not my first scrape, and I'll keep a level head. My magics can keep all of you relatively healthy."
    Show
    Trying to make a good first impression.
    Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[14]

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

With the shorter woman's arm slung around her shoulders, the weight barely slowing her down, Rung half-carries her away from the place where she'd been pinned and towards the other survivors, where it seems agitation is rising. She picks her way easily across the darkened, broken ground, not for the first time grateful for her orcish ancestry, and then cursing it when she remembers herself. "Just look at the faerie light," she gruffly tells the human woman over her gasps of pain. "Just get there and you can take a rest. Dunno what's out there yet."

Drawing towards the center of the room, she goggles in disbelief at the apparent introductions under way. This really the time for getting to know you games? she thinks, but doesn't let herself say; to distract herself, she takes a glance at the ceiling overhead, realizing that these unhurt, too-pretty women didn't seem sure whether they were safe here or not. Yup, that's the only reason I'm averting my eyes. Uh huh. Out loud, she grunts, "Rung, blacksmith. Charmed, I'm sure. Let's get the hells out of here."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Knowledge Engineering about whether the ceiling seems stable for the moment. (1d20+4)[11]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The elf allows Kreedic to lead him on. "Thank you.", he says, focusing a little. "A way out? I... remember a fall... Anyway, I'm Aravashinal. Wizardly persuasion." he says, with rapidly deflating pride, as he realizes that he is not going to be much use.

"So we're trapped underground? Great" the gruff man says. He looks on at the interaction between Rung and the woman with the broken leg. "Will you please help her? It's obvious she can't walk on your own. Are you blind?"

Ylby reaches the far side of the cave. There are two narrow paths forward at the far wall, some 50 feet from the corpse of the monstrous spider.

Esper picks up the unconscious woman. She heads out into the darkness. As Esper and Kreedic approach the spider, they can see it shift. Not its legs twitching, but a squirming in it's body. Up close, you can see a small hole in it's carapace. Something moves inside it's shell. A pair of corpse feeders, big white maggots the size of your leg, burst out and gun for the two approaching their snack.

Show
    They got the surprise on you. Their initiative is 8. Roll initiative on Discord and take actions if you go before them.

15. - Top - End - #15

The first speaker was easily recognizable as a paladin of some sort; today alone had been enough to teach him to spot them in a crowd, though this woman did not appear to be of Iomedae like most of the people above. She did have the good sense to suggest moving the wounded from the site of the cave-in at least. The next woman spoke. A 'divine will-worker of some talent' huh? His teachers hadn't been wrong about religious officials' tendency for conceitedness. Though given the halo above her head, he could hardly argue the point as being untrue. And then a blacksmith. Great. He only hoped that the gruff woman knew how to handle a weapon as well as make one.

He paused and turned part-way to face them. "I am Kreedic Mengar. I--" he paused for a moment. What was his skillset, exactly? He had been training to become a Wizard back in Hermea, but that had ceased a few years ago. Mengkare the dragon had term for him though, so he decided to go with that. "I am a partial wyrmling." If he receives any strange looks he merely shrugs and continues with the elf.

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    The elf allows Kreedic to lead him on. "Thank you.", he says, focusing a little. "A way out? I... remember a fall... Anyway, I'm Aravashinal. Wizardly persuasion." he says, with rapidly deflating pride, as he realizes that he is not going to be much use.
    "Aravashinal? I used train for wizardry myself. they arrive at the spider. Kreedic gives a slight grumble. "Well, unless you know some pretty strange transmutation magic, that certainly isn't our way out. Maybe Ylby has-" he sees the maggots erupt from the spider, and he pales slightly. "Aravashinal! Get some Mage Armor on yourself!" he yells, casting the same spell on himself after tossing aside his everburning torch to free his hand.
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2018-07-17 at 02:09 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper thought the Aasimar had a good point now that she pointed it out, but then again cave ins could be a tricky thing if there was to be an aftershock of somesort. Still she'd started to pause her movements and turn to speak.

"I'm Esper. I'm a paladin of Sarenrae. I know this is a bad situation but I urge everyone to have faith. Even if it's not in a diety, have faith in your own skills and everyone else's, that we may pool our resources to get out of this. It may seem grimm but we will get out of this, and we will get back home. A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man may be the difference between victory and defeat."

Esper would speak in a calm matter-of-fact manner but she would also make sure to throw in that ray of hope that everyone in dire situations need. She'd also take acknowledgement that everyone here had something to offer, no matter how big or small as it would lead to their eventual survival.

"A Aasimar. I hope she doesn't hold any prejudice towards me for being a tiefling....A partial wyrmling? I have no idea what that means."

Esper would be caught off guard along with Kreedic as two big white maggots like creatures bust out of the spider. She didn't know what they were but she knew they were obviously hungry and didn't like being intruded on. Placing the unconscious woman down carefully Esper would then move up to interpose herself between the maggots and everyone else while she readied herself to their approach in order to attack whichever got there first.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Lunalesca Slaveborn: AC 19

Luna is certainly confused by the 'partial wyrmling' response. The tiefling speaking out brings out mixed feelings. On the one hand, she has been in Cheliax for long to see how badly tieflings are treated there: second-tier citizens at best. She empathizes with tieflings and how they get mistreated. On the other hand, Esper claims to be a paladin, and she tenses momentarily. Their ability to detect any evil auras based off of a person's faith can cause Luna a lot of grief. One third hand, Sarenites are usually good and compassionate people, unlikely to smite first and talk never.

Her rumination is cut short by the disgusting sounds of two mega-maggots the size of Luna's (long) legs chew their way out of the corpse of the spider! EWWWW!

"Protect the wounded!" she shouts as she moves forward as well. She sees that each of the others are already protecting someone, except the wealthy-looking one. She interposes herself between the maggots and the noble, unless Rung sets the woman with the broken leg down in order to go attack the maggots, in which case Luna will interpose herself in front of the woman with the broken leg instead.

"Naur pilin'!" shouts the young woman as a streak of orange shoots from her fingertip towards the first maggot!
    Spoiler: Click if you understand Celestial
    Show
    That's Celestial for "Fire arrow"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Move forward, then use Fire Bolt domain ability on a maggot.

Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

18. - Top - End - #18

MindFlayer

Rung listens to the strange, dragon-befriended man introduce himself and banter with another survivor with barely half her attention. These people, she starts to think, but then her lack of scrutiny pays off by allowing her to notice two ... grub maggot things? ... crawl out of the darkness, clearly in search of easy prey.

No time for gentle treatment. She spares a moment's pity for the human woman's leg before dropping her with as much weight on her good limb as she can; as her previous burden staggers and possibly falls, Rung's surprisingly deft hands blur to the hammer strapped to her back and the strange dagger half-hidden in her belt pouch. "Eeeuurgh!" she cries, half with the adrenaline of battle and half with the disgust of seeing the giant maggots up close as she charges toward the nearest one, her hammer striking out with crushing force. Giant or no, bugs always made a satisfying squish.

Show
    Rung Quick Draws her weapons and charges the nearest grub with her warhammer (as I do not believe the base Dual Attack ability allows her to get the off-hand attack on a charge), attempting to crush the disgusting thing.

I included Rung's maintenance bonus in the damage, as there's little reason she wouldn't have performed it on her own weapons this morning, but if you rule that she wouldn't have done that, just subtract 2 from the damage.

Warhammer attack roll (charging): (1d20+6)[13]
    Warhammer damage: (1d8+5)[12]

Her AC only suffers a -1 penalty for charging due to her Knightly Training, leaving her at AC 15.

19. - Top - End - #19

"You're safe for now, don't move." Kreedic says hurriedly over his shoulder as he dashes towards the remaining maggot that was currently trying too... bite the Paladin? He couldn't be totally sure since it was a slimy invertebrate. As he moves, his forearms, hands, and fingers thicken with muscle, fingernails becoming sharp talons. Scales form on his skin, fully covering his arms but diminishing further away from them, with only the faintest suggestion of draconic features added to his face. He yells as he brings his right arm in a wide slashing motion near the ground, using his momentum to add to the force of the attack.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Move Action: Charge
    Free Action: Manifest claws (5/6 rounds remaining)
    Standard Action: Attack!

Claw: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[4]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The woman with the injured leg manages to hold her balance as Rung charges forward. She crushes the worm with her hammer.
    Lunalesca fires off her bolt and strikes the maggot, which is charred but manages to advance towards Kreedic and Aravashinal. It launches into a bite, but fails to strike them. The elf casts his spell, surrounding himself with protective energies. The worm is still recovering from its strike when it is torn asunder by draconic claws.

"Did you all die?" Aravashinal asks after the sounds of battle stop. "Should I be worried?"
    "It's fine." the gruff man says. "Anyhow, you did well I guess. Have you figured a way to get me out of here?"
    "Do you think that you could fix up my leg?" the woman with the, well, broken leg.

There are two exits visible in the light now. Left and right.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wiping a bit of sweat from her brow Esper would be internally happy that they were able to dispatch the giant worms. Last thing they needed was to escape from death only to find it in the bell of another. Taking stock of the situation it was clear that everyone here had varying opinions on what should or shouldn't be done. Esper herself, while attractive and charismatic, wasn't wise or smart. If anything is was slightly below average. but more than competent enough to get by from day to day.

"Lunalesca as a practitioner of the healing arts I ask that you to take charge on accessing on how we should best go about patching everyone up before we move to far in. Kreedic could your friend scout to make sure there aren't any more worms lying in wait in or around the spider."

At first she was worried about getting out from the rubble for fear of further cave-in but now that she had time to clear the fogginess from her head she realized that they may have all been unconscious awhile before waking up. One thing was clear even to her. If they were to get jumped again by something more dangerous than two worms having to carry 3 injured people it could pose a problem. It was best to get everyone in as good as shape as possible before moving on.

While she waited for Lunalesca to respond, Esper would take her backpack off and rummage through it to pull out her waterskin. Once it was out she'd rip the cuff of her sleeve off and soak it in the water and start dabbing it on the forehead of the unconscious woman. It was clear that she was going to wake up in pain, so Esper wanted to make it as comfortable as possible when she did.

"Miss wake up. Can you hear me?"

"The Aasimar is going to have her work cut out for her. We need to bandage all the wounds, possible set a leg, build splints and if this woman doesn't wake up we might need to make something to drag her in that can be put down quickly and safely if we get jumped again."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

The aasimar aims her palm at the now-still corpses of the putrid maggots, keeping her guard up for another few seconds before finally relaxing. She looks at the injured (and the gruff, somewhat annoying man). They all seem to be untouched.

"Did you all die?" Aravashinal asks after the sounds of battle stop. "Should I be worried?"
    "No, Aravashinal, no one was injured during this fight." she answers in a reassuring tone. She quickly adds, "Except the giant maggots. Mind your step."
    "It's fine." the gruff man says. "Anyhow, you did well I guess. Have you figured a way to get me out of here?"
    "Yeah, easy peasy on the fight, but we don't even have any idea where we are yet. We'll find a way back I'm sure. Just keep calm. I can create all the fresh water we need." Luna is beginning to think this man is a bit...entitled.
    "Do you think that you could fix up my leg?" the woman with the, well, broken leg.
    "Yes, of course, we'll do our best. What's your name, miss?" The cleric begins examining the injured leg to see how she can best help. She calls out to the others, "Can you all look for pieces of wood and such to make a splint with? Once we have that, I'll need someone to help hold her leg steady but gently..." Luna tries to sound like she knows exactly what she is doing as she asks for help, but she is mostly going off of instinct here.

"Oh, and can the little dragon scout a bit while we're doing this? Thank you very much"
    Show
    Anyone that can successfully AID ANOTHER on the Heal skill wioll give Luna a cumulative +2 on her roll.
    She takes 10, for a base of 14. If 3 of you can succeed, that becomes a 20.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It would seem that the unconscious lady would need to wait while they worked on the one awake first. This is why Esper had asked someone more qualifying to take over how best to heal and who to work on first after all. Looking around she'd go about all the debris looking for wood, rope, cloth, even plaster if possible. Once she gathered it all she'd go about aiding in the healing of the broken leg.

"Here is a bunch of stuff to use."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I'm Anevia Tirabade" the woman with the broken leg says. Lunalesca and Esper manage to splint her leg, a fact that she is highly grateful for. "Thanks for your help, both of you" she says. She can now limp about, and goes on to fashion a crutch to help her move about.

Aravashinal, having listened to you all, is trying to decide the best course of action. "We need to get to the surface" he ponders, "But excess haste seems counter-productive. I'm going to need someone to be my eyes here."
    "I can do that" Anevia offers, "Not like I'm going to be much use otherwise. I can still keep us both safe, no need to worry"

Finally, it looks like Esper's efforts make the unconscious woman stir a little. She shivers and moans in pain, but does not come to. Lunalesca thinks that she could be resuscitated with just a bit more healing.

Show
    Your heal check tells you that she is at -1 hp at the moment. Both Anevia and Aravashinal are also on single digits.

Spoiler: Rooms explored by Ylby
    Show
    On the left side, she see the remains of an old campsite. On the right, she spotted something long and thin coiled among the rocks. Maybe another maggot or something?
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2018-07-18 at 01:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, Anevia. Think nothing of it. Do you have anything to defend yourself with?"

Luna goes to examine the unconscious woman, and determines that she can be brought back to consciousness with a bit more healing. After using whatever is available to bandage the stump, she says "I know all are hurt. Gather around for more healing." Once again, bright luminescence comes forth from her halo, and everyone has their stamina and health restored more.
    Show
    Channeling: (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-07-18 at 02:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus
    "No, Aravashinal, no one was injured during this fight." she answers in a reassuring tone. She quickly adds, "Except the giant maggots. Mind your step."
    "Yeah, we're all good here." he says, as his arms ripple and the extra mass on his arms seems to feed back into his skin, leaving his human limbs. He stretches out a hand and his everburning torch flies tumbling end over end back into his hand, and he walks back towards the group. Once Anevia is on her feet he guides Aravashinal to her and turns to look for Ylby. As if on cue, the glides out of the darkness and lands on his shoulder.

"Already ahead of you, Luna." He switches to draconic.

Spoiler: Full Conversation 1
    Show
    "So, you find anything over there?"The dragon wrinkles her nose at him. More importantly, what is that smell on your arm?"
    "A giant flesh eating maggot."
    "And you couldn't have just torched it instead of sticking your hand in it?"
    "You know I don't have a breath weapon."
    "Well you should."
    "You're one to talk, you're an actual dragon."

Spoiler: Audible Conversation 1
    Show
    "So, you find anything over there?"... "A giant flesh eating maggot."... "You know I don't have a breath weapon."... "You're one to talk, you're an actual dragon."

Ylby glares at Kreedic, then seems to notice Luna and starts glaring at her instead.

Spoiler: Full Conversation 2
    Show
    "So... lizard lady fell down here too? Serves her right..." Kreedic rolls his eyes for the umpteenth time that day. "Forget that, come on, what did you find? Ylby doesn't take her eyes of Luna, but does respond. There's two exits over there, one has a long coiled thing, maybe another of your maggots. And for the love of Apsu, PLEASE kill it with something you can wash. The other one has an abandoned campsite, which is portentous."

Spoiler: Audible Conversation 2
    Show
    "Forget that, come on, what did you find?...

Kreedic suddenly gives an exclamation of triumph and goes back to speaking common. "Yes! Hey everyone, I don't think we're trapped down here after all! Ylby here found an abandoned campsite, which means there must be a way to the surface nearby!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Anevia escorts Aravashinal to Lunalesca for healing. It has the additional side-effect of bringing the final injured woman to consciousness. She lacks the stoicism of the others and is more vocal about her suffering.
    "Shut her up before she calls in some monster" the gruff man says.

Nothing comes your way though. She gets a hold of herself soon. She is still more or less in shock, but gets up on shaky feet.
    "I... Guess I have... you to thank?" she asks, speaking slowly and trying not to look at her missing arm. "I'm Emilie" she volunteers after a while.

Anevia carries a short sword, as well as a shortbow, though her fall was not kind to her arrows. She scans the rubble for any gear that could be useful, finding Aravashinal's staff in the rubble after a little description.

Spoiler: Perception DC 12
    Show
    The bag hanging from the ledge. The pack itself is a masterwork backpack that contains 10 days of trail rations, a flint and steel, a set of caltrops, two flasks of oil, a bundle of 12 arrows, a potion of cure light wounds, and a potion of lesser restoration.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Emilie still in pain, she summons her goddess's healing powers once again. Once that is done, she introduces herself. "Nice to meet you, Emilie. I'm Luna. Glad I was able to save you. We'll need to stick together to find our way back to the surface. I think we fell a long way. Can you walk?"

Show
    MOAR channeling: (1d6)[2]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Memory
    Show
    Armasse officially began at noon, with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hui run himself, ruler of Kenabres. The crowd gathered in Clydwell Plaza quieted as the aged inquisitor took the stage, clad in shining, resplendent armor. He cleared his throat, but just as he was about to speak, a bright light shone from the west, as if the sun were rising from the wrong direction. Hulrun's shadow fell huge and distorted across the cathedral's facade. A moment later, the sound of a thunderous explosion ripped through the air and earth, along with a violent tremor. To the west, the fortress known as the Kite-the location of Kenabres's wardstone-had vanished. In its place, a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupted into the heavens. A moment later, a powerful roar accompanied a welcome sight rising from the crowd-Kenabres's greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who had until that moment been attending the opening ceremony disguised as a human. Above, another form appeared, as nightmarish as the dragon was breathtaking. A humanoid shape three times the size of any man, with skin coated in fire and lightning, gripped a flaming sword and whip. The creature's identity was immediately obvious: Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, had come to Kenabresi As the ground continued to shake and disgorge demons into the streets, the dragon and the balor lord clashed above. The fight was over in a few harrowing moments, as the balor cut deep into Terendelev's body, swooping down to strike the dragon and arresting her charge. A few more blows, and the titanic duo spiralled downward toward the crowd.

The sight of the dragon smashing into the facade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness would ever forget. At that moment, a titanic demon erupted at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashed into this world. The rift it created shot across the plaza, and this time there was no escape-it opened below your feet, angling away into darkness. Even as you fell, the dragon noticed your plight. Though she saw death standing over her, she seized this final chance to save a few more souls. After she uttered a few arcane words and stretched out a bleeding talon, you felt her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Yet the fall remained as inexorable, and as you drifted downward into the depths, the last thing you saw was the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head fell, the rift above you slammed shut, and the light of the world above was gone. Darkness fell and you lost consciousness.

"Yes. I... think so, yes." Emilie says. With everyone finally capable of moving you can set off. The gruff man introduces himself as Horgus. Keep him safe and get him out of here and there's good money in it for you.

As for how the NPC's assign themselves, Horgus avoids Anevia, preferring to walk behind her and keeop an eye on her. Emilie is wary of Aravashinal, though not very much after realizing that he cannot see.

Spoiler: Campsite
    Show
    A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite. A thorough search of the room turns up a torn bedroll, three candle stubs (each can burn for 30 minutes), a bent fishhook, 10 feet of badly frayed hemp rope, and a copper brooch depicting a bat perched on a mushroom. Both of the bat's eyes are tiny amethysts

Spoiler: Further
    Show
    Soon enough the path from the other possible room joins the one you took. After traveling the winding route from the abandoned campsite for a long while, half an hour of walking in the still underground air, you reach the tunnel's end at a junction. To the north, a 5-footwide opening in the wall leads into a cave filled with soft but nasty-looking green light-the tunnel itself continues south at a small incline.

Spoiler: Green light
    Show
    A single sizable 20-foot-tall building remains in the center of this 30-foot-high cave, a bunkerlike structure with no windows and walls of worked stone blocks. A 10-foot-long carving of a hammer decorates the building's facade. The ruins of collapsed outbuildings stand to either side.
    You can roll knowledge (Religion) to know who this shrine might belong to.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper was relived to know everyone was mobile enough for them to start to move again. Everyone knew who each other was at this point but the lingering image of the Silver Dragon felling to the Demon was etch in her mind. It bred fear into her heart that once they made it out of here they would be met with even greater danger. Still she had to press forward, she had to do the right thing and she needed to do her best.

Having her memories back Esper couldn't just ignore the fact that demons had made it into the city. It brought back haunting memories of her childhood when a similar incident happened and her mother was killed. Not wanting to take the risk she'd focus on all the party members with her Detect Evil ability granted to her for being a paladin. If she got any hint at all that there was an evil aura she'd continue to keep focus on her ability and not cancel it.

"Anevia. It seems the fall wasn't kind to your arrows. If no one objects, you should take these arrows from the campsite. You're injured and can't help in the front lines. Stay in the back while you assist Aravashinal in getting around."

Once reaching the shine Esper would not like the nasty-looking green light one bit. Taking note of the walls she'd attempt to ascertain who the shrine belonged to and what was causing the nasty-looking green light.
    Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]