Show
    (1d20+2)[12]

Spoiler: Attack Roll
    Show
    (1d20+3)[11]

Spoiler: Damage Roll
    Show
    (1d8)[1]

Diamond vomits, still not dropping his gun, but bending into a position which ran the risk of making him shoot himself in the groin.

"Terrible, just terrible!"
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2019-05-22 at 10:00 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Esper makes her Fort save. Hesper doesn't.

As it were, the caster here does not gain the ability to see in the coloud (though the dretch is otherwise immune to the effects.

Hesper doubles over, gagging on the noxious fumes, even dwarven constitution overcome by the demonic magic. Esper managed to defeat the first demon, now groping her way towards the other demon. "I can't see a thing" she says, "And the smell..."

The demon walks into the cloud of toxic air, lashing out with it's claws, striking the walls in its fury but missing Luna.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 5/2/7
    Diplomacy/Bluff +10 | Knowledge Religion/History +7 | Knowledge Planes +9 | Perception +10 | 
    Resources:  Channels 4/5, Fire Bolt 6/7
    Effects:  NAUSEATED
    Luna decides to relocate out of the nauseated, stinking, sight-obscuring cloud! She back off, past Diamond, and then loops around to face the demon from the other side. "Hey ugly, I'm HERE!"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Move S, W, N, N to end up next to the dretch and hold its attention. Let Esper finish it off hopefully.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Colossus in the Playground

Hesper moves after Luna.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nauseated and unable to see, her priority for the moment is getting out of the cloud.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In so doing, Luna reaches the edge of the gas cloud. She then realizes that it is dissipating, the edges billowing back into itself, revealing Hesper and Diamond. Fresh air is a welcome blessing, but it takes a while to cough the poisonous air from their lungs. Esper faces the second demon with Radiance in hand, trading blows, but no decisive winner emerges yet.

Show
    We'll move to the turn that you can act in

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    Diplomacy/Bluff +10 | Knowledge Religion/History +7 | Knowledge Planes +9 | Perception +10 | 
    Effects: 
    Luna wastes no time. Now that she is able to breathe properly again, she lays into the demon in front of her with her light mace made of cold iron! "Take this! And this! And that! Hesper, can you flank this thing with me?" She tries to lure the demon into a position where it can be sandwiched between herself and the rogue.

Show

Not sure on map positioning. But hitting demon and 5ft-stepping if need be to try to lure the demon into position if needed for a flank for Hesper.

Cold Iron light mace atk: (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage: (1d6-1)[2]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2019-06-08 at 01:49 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367

Though much of Hesper's concentration is going to preventing herself from throwing up, she tries to get into a position where she can threaten the demon.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The demon follows Luna, it's bulk heaving after the woman, but as it raises it's claws in attack, a golden blade tip pierces its stomach.
    "Got it" Esper says. She's injured, but not too badly.

Your injured allies emerge as well. "Unbelievable" Anevia says, looking at the slain demons.
    "Stuff of legends" Emilie adds. Horgus and Aravashinal remain silent.

You press on, and the tunnel joins into another, better maintained and clearly artificial one, that is more level. Light streams through grates in the ceiling. A ladder pinned to the wall leads the way to the light.

9. - Top - End - #369

"This looks like...a sewer?" Hesper peers upward. "Anevia, Emilie, can you climb the ladder?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    Effects: 
    The cleric nods and hangs her weapon from her belt while stowing her shield on her back. "It seems easy enough for us to climb. Do we have rope? We can lower it after we've climbed, and pull the others up?"

She thinks for a moment. "Wait, who has the scale that can create a could that we can ride on? That can ferry the injured up!"
    Show

Last edited by Frosty; 2019-06-10 at 02:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Risen

"I might" Emilie says.
    "It'll be tricky" Anevia admits.

The first to emerge does so on a smoke-wreathed city. Streets have been cracked, parts collapsed into the sewers, some buildings rent asunder, others collapsed due to tremors that were felt even beneath the ground. Seeking the familiar buildings of the skyline, they find them gone. The tower of the Kite and the Cathedral of St. Clydwell have been completely destroyed, reduced to the ground, while elsewhere plumes of dark smoke still rise from the smouldering remains of burned-down buildings.

Equally obviously, the streets are largely empty. Whoever survived the devastation would be laying low. The rest of your group makes their way up, Those more injured are lifted by a cloud created by the First Scale. The streets are littered with rubble, trash, and bloodstains. No immediate activity where they got up.

"What has happened to this city?" Anevia asks, horrified.
    "I can smell smoke. For the first time, I feel glad that I cannot see the devastation" Aravashinal says.
    "Where should we go now?" Emilie asks.
    "You need to take me home" Horgus says firmly. "Gwerm Manor is of solid make."
    "No. First, you need to take me to Blackwing Library" Aravashinal says. "This is imperative"
    "I... I need to know what came of my wife" Anevia says.

Survivors

Since the attack on Kenabres started, you have been through hell. Watching as the city's monuments were torn down, the guardian slaughtered in the midst of what was to be the greatest celebration of the year, and for the city to be plunged into chaos and anarchy as demons roamed the streets, slaughtering with impunity.

Since that time, you've seen less and less demons. Survivors emerged, some banding together. Shauna and Skerak make for an unlikely pair, sifting through the ruins, fellow survivors brought together in the madness. The pair had been seeking supplies along the streets only to see a grate propped open, and people emerge from below.

12. - Top - End - #372

"Where are these places? Your home, Anevia?" Hesper asks.

Show
    She might know where Blackwing Library is already, but she wants to know where all three locations people want to go to are--Gwerm Manor, Blackwing Library, and Anevia's home--in terms of how close they are to where she is now, how close they are to each other, and how demon-infested they are.

13. - Top - End - #373

Shauna Lightsworn pants as she walks through the streets. Her armor is heavy, and caked with blood. The longsword in her hand is nearly broken from bashing in the heads of demons and cultists alike. The shield she carries drags her left arm towards the ground. She is tired, and weak. There is no denying that. But still, she keeps going. Next to her is her companion, Skerak, a half-orc she met on the streets. He was more than capable, utilizing some sort of unique magic to destroy his foes with stones. She had kept the creatures at bay while he attacked from a distance. But they were in no shape to continue fighting, at least, not today.

Shauna glances towards the grate on the ground as it popped open. "Another fiend? Tch...we won't fall here!" She raises her blade and shield protectively. They were heavy, but she would carry them until the bitter end. That was what it meant to be a crusader. She was surrounded by civilians, who she had sworn an oath to protect. An oath that she would carry out, as she promised! "Skerak, I will protect you with my -"

A humanoid head pops out of the ground and Shauna tilts her head in confusion. She quickly sheathes her weapon and runs over to help them out, one by one.

"Well now! This is quite the colorful display of characters! The local librarian, a fellow warrior, and an esteemed nobleman?" She smiles. "Well, fear not! Though the city has been ...Anevia?" She gasps and rushes to the woman's side. "What in blazes...you're hurt? We need to get you to the Defender's Heart right away!" She moves to support the woman with her shoulder.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Lunlesca is probably not the first one up. She made sure to help the injured get up, and was ready to help catch them in case anyone fell. When she finally emerges, she takes a deep breath. "Acrid smoke...still better than a sewer I guess." As she listens to her companions about what they feel are priorities, she suddenly sees armed figures approaching. When an obvious paladin of Iomedae walks through the smoke, the cleric relaxes. She sheathes her weapon as the paladin also sheathes her longsword. "Other survivors! Good! Oh, you know Anevia? Wait...I think I know you. Shauna, right? It's me Lunalesca! I see you at Defender's Heart often, even though you were never one of my customers." She offers a hand to shake.

15. - Top - End - #375

Shauna blinks and stares at the girl with confusion across her face. "'Customer'...w-wait! You're one of those...harlots!" she exclaims, covering her mouth in surprise. "And that halo...you're a fellow child of the light! How...how disgraceful!"

16. - Top - End - #376

Skerak crosses his arms as Shauna helps the group up from the sewer grate. His face is an inexpressive mask, firmly set like a stone carving. "I was starting to think we were the only ones who survived this mess."

Upon seeing that some of their number are injured, he steps up and reaches down, grabbing onto whatever limb or clothing he can to haul them up to ground level.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

”If everybody is done talking, I think we need to get moving. My vote is we regroup in the library and one of our more bookish people here educate us on exactly what we are fighting.”

Diamond’s words were firm and to the point, but his posture was rigid. His head was pivoting sharply like a frightened bird, betraying the fear he had just under the surface.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

To Diamond, Luna quickly replies, "I agree that we should head to the librarium first. Maybe there are other mages we can rescue and recruit."

Luna pouts at Shauna. "What's wrong with being a harlot? Your fellow crusaders didn't seem to mind when they were in my bed! I provide quote 'valuable mental health services' unquote between harrowing missions into the Worldwound."

She notices that her halo is still active. "Oh right. Now that we're not in the dark sewers anymore, I can turn that off." She wills her halo out of existence for the time being. "You think I'm special just because you think of yourself as special? Yeah...I'm a child of the light...whatever that really means. In fact, I was one of many children of the light, BRED in a stable, like my mother before me. Those noblemen in Cheliax really LOVE our kind, let me tell ya. So I guess sure, we're special. We get sold for higher prices than other slaves in Cheliax."

The cleric promptly turns to the other newcomer. "Thanks for the help. I'm Luna. What's your name?"

19. - Top - End - #379

Shauna frowns. "That...tch. Believe what you will, then. If you wish to go to the library first, we will accompany you. Better to delay than split up."

20. - Top - End - #380

"I am Skerak Stonetusk." He glances around at the others. "Why are you so determined to get to a library at a time like this?"
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2019-06-11 at 10:02 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Shauna?" Anevia asks. "H-have you seen Irabeth? Please tell me she is alive!" She ignores the question of her injury, leaning on her crutch making it obvious enough.
    She can see Horgus Gwerm's chest swell at being called an esteemed nobleman.
    The blind elf listens, trying to recognize a speaker by sound and failing.
    The last pair to climb are a tiefling woman wearing a white, almost priestly robe and a chainshirt, a fine sword sheathed at her side, stained with blood. The other is a young woman, burnt terribly and missing an arm.

"The library is important." Aravashinal states simply, then quickly asks "What is at Defender's Heart?" trying to divert from the question about the library.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

"It's very nice to meet you, Skerak Stonetusk. The library is more important than you think. Not only is it a favored meeting place of learned wizards, it is also a repository of demon lore. Have any of you by-chance been in the restricted section? Lots of useful information that shouldn't lost. I learned a lot."

Most people would not have had access to the restricted section. Most of the time, permission from the Crusaders is needed for access.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2019-06-11 at 01:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383

"I'm sorry, Anevia, but I haven't seen Irabeth since the Storm King broke through. She protected me and then I went to protect civilians. I was on my way back to the inn now."

Shauna turns her attention to Horgus. "Are you unharmed, sir? I can provide you with some healing, if you need it?"

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

The cleric rolls her eyes at this paladin fussing over this arse of a noble. "He's FINE, paladin. We've protected him every step of the way. You look worse for wear compared to him."

She turns back to the blind elf. "Defender's Heart is the largest inn in Kenabre. Surely you've heard of it? Probably one of the toughest structures around made of stout stone. I wonder how old Kimoth is...if any place can survive a demonic attack, it is Defender's Heart."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Wait?" Aravashinal asks. "How did you get access to the restricted section?"

Anevia still looks hopeful. "She's... she must be alive."
    Horgus nods off the Paladin. "I'm fine thanks to these fine people. But I need to get to my home."

"I've heard of it." Aravashinal says. "I suppose it's a gathering place. But the library first"
    "My home" Horgus argues.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

The cleric giggles at Aravahnial's surprised response. "Oh, you're funny, Ara. Don't forget that no matter what profession someone has, be it crusader, librarian, or...wizard...most men still have certain...needs. They were happy to provide me with quality, quiet time in the stacks, in return for quality, definitely-not-quiet time with ME at Defender's Heart."

To Horgus, Luna says, "Your home is probably not as safe as an inn full of crusaders to defend you. If you have useful gear there to retrieve, we can go, but afterwards you should still come with us to the inn."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2019-06-11 at 02:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387

"The best place for us to be right now is wherever the most defensible position in the city is, and that would be Defender's Heart. If we pass the library or the noble's home on the way, fine, but I'm not going to take unnecessary detours through a demon-infested city."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: OOC, Kish
    Show
    I posted it in Discord, briefly, but... Defender's Heart is on the far side of the city. Of the three locations, based on yours, Blackwing Library is the closest to you, a few blocks away. Gwerm Manor is further out but in the same general direction. Anevia's home is a further out.

If one were to plot the most direct path to Defender's Heart, it would pass close to Blackwing Library. Taking a detour to Gwerm Manor would add maybe half an hour of time, and taking a detour through Anevia's home would take maybe an hour more. That is in terms of walking distance, though there would also be a stop in those places, which might add more time.

This is all assuming that there aren't blocked streets or diversions on the main path. And there are. Streets have been broken, structures collapsed to block the path. And there are still hostiles in the city.

"My home is defensible" Horgus says. "And I will pay you to take me there forthwith. It's not far from the path."

Esper looks upon the ruined city. "Shauna" she says. "Do you know if word got out? Does the queen know?"

29. - Top - End - #389

Shauna hesitates. "If Lord Gwerm's home isn't far from the main path, one person can likely get him there safely. I will escort him home, then rejoin you all."

Splitting up was a bad idea. But she could empathize with a civilian who just wants to get home.

Shauna helps Anevia limp over to Skerak so he can help her.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

”It is dangerous to go alone. I will go with you while you escort the noble.”