New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1451
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

Luna finds a scroll of restoration hidden in the document pile.

"Oh hey! I can't use this scroll reliably yet, but this scroll will be useful in a pinch. I can remove many ailments with this scroll of Restoration."
    She takes the scroll. "Let's explore the next room." She goes to the door that opens north.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2021-08-04 at 04:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

Skerak enters tries the middle door on the south wall of the second floor.
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2021-08-06 at 01:26 AM. Reason: forgot that room was entered

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

"Or we can to into that door first. Sure let's go." Luna follows.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The door is locked, but can't withstand the Chime of Opening and Hesper's opening efforts. The door opens, revealing what's beyond. Southern portion of this room holds a wide alabaster basin filled with bloody entrails. The outside of the basin is carved with images of warriors around a raised sun, holding longswords aloft. A flight of stairs ascends to the west. The entrails in the basin are coming from eight zombies, kneeling around it in mock prayer. They stand up as the door opens.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Shauna steps forward. "The light will spare you no mercy."

She raises her sword above her head and it glows, blasting the area with holy power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Energy (2d6)[6]
    Will DC 16 half

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Rosa steps into the room and casts burning arc in an attempt to burn at least two of the zombies to a cinder.
    Spoiler: second level spell, 1/3 spell slots remaining
    Show
    (4d4)[9](2d4)[6]

Rosa makes no attack as her companions have already handled everything, but she does sigh and say "These monsters hold nothing sacred."
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2021-08-14 at 07:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lunalesca casts a spell, destroying the zombies weakened by Shauna's channeled light. The stairs to the last floor lie open.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

"Shall we explore the rest of this floor first? I don't want enemies coming to us from behind..."

Luna goes to the door to the norther-most room.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Luna opens the door as rest of the group is gathered about the door, ready for trouble. And trouble they find. The chamber was once a conference chamber, and still hosts a table engraved with the map of Mendev in relief. There are bodies scattered around the room, each torn up and bearing a gaping hole in their chest. A scraping noise draws attention to the creature within. A chimeric beast with avian wings, the body of a stag, and a wolf's head crowned with sharp antlers. An unmistakeable intellect lies in its eyes as it turns to the door. "You're not Jeslyn!" it snarls at Luna, then immediately charges, wings flapping, stabbing at Luna with its antlers before soaring behind the table at the eastern side of the room.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+9)[23], (1d6+3)[5]

10. - Top - End - #1120

Shauna gasps. "Luna!"

She uses her power once more, this time to heal. She channels energy, healing all living creatures within range.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[9]

11. - Top - End - #1121

Hesper steps up to stab the strange creature, which appears, to her, likely to be a demon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak attack, flanking with Luna: (1d20+5)[20] Critical threat check (on an 18-20): (1d20+5)[18] Base damage: (1d6+1)[4] Sneak attack damage: (2d6)[9] Critical damage: (1d6+1)[4]

12. - Top - End - #1122

Spoiler
    Show
    kinetic blast
    hit: (1d20+8)[10]/(1d20+8)[19]
    damage: (2d6+8)[10]/(4d6+16)[34]

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 26/31 | AC: 23 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 7/4/10 | SR 9 vs Evil Outsiders and Spells with the [EVIL] descriptor
    Diplomacy/Bluff +13 | Knowledge Religion/History +9 | Knowledge Planes +11 | Perception +13 | 
    Resources:  Channels 4/5, Fire Bolt (1d6+1) 6/7, Dragon Scale of alter self 3/3
    Effects: Bless

Lann
    HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 | Init: +3 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/8/6 (+1 vs Evil Outsiders) | 
    Bluff +0 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) | Knowledge Dungeoneering/Geography +7 | Perception +13 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) |
    Stealth +10 | Survival +9 (+2 vs Evil Outsider)

Luna takes a hit from the strange creature. Gritting her teeth from the pain, she raises a palm and fires off a fire bolt at the enemy! Lann walks into the room and fires an arrow as well.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Luna uses Fire Bolt on the enemy.
    Atk: (1d20+6)[21]
    Dmg: (1d6+1)[2]

Lann enters the room, then fires an arrow at the strange enemy.
    Composite LB attack: [roll]
    Dmg: (1d20+8)[23]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[10]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2021-08-27 at 04:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Irabeth pushes into the room with Hesper, going over the table to give the dwarven rogue a distraction she needs to make the most of the situation. Luna, Skerak and Lann shoot the creature, buffeting it, and drawing blood.

"Eat you" it snarls, aiming its antlers at Irabeth and striking at Hesper with its hooves.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I've chosen to resolve the actions in the most advantageous order, with ranged attacks going before the target is engaged in melee. From this point, the enemy is engaged in melee and enjoys soft cover against ranged attacks.

The floor spots adjacent to it are taken, but one can climb on the table (Requiring a separate move action or a DC 15 Acrobatics check to make the jump as part of other movement

(1d20+9)[20], (1d6+3)[4]
    (1d20+3)[7], (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d20+3)[18], (1d4+1)[4]

15. - Top - End - #1125

"You fiend! Don't touch her!" Shauna yells, smashing into the creature from the side with her sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[17]
    (1d8+4)[6]

16. - Top - End - #1126

Spoiler
    Show
    blast
    (1d20+8)[21]/(1d20+8)[11]
    (2d6+8)[13]/(4d6+16)[32]

17. - Top - End - #1127

Wondering a little which "her" Shauna means, Hesper winces as the creature's hoof hits her jaw, and retaliates.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak attack, flanking with Irabeth: (1d20+5)[23] Critical threat check (on an 18-20): (1d20+5)[9] Base damage: (1d6+1)[4] Sneak attack damage: (2d6)[5] Critical damage: (1d6+1)[5]

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Luna shoots a fire bolt at the monster as Shauna moves in to trap it fully. Between attacks from Hesper, Rosa using a Magic Missile spell and a stone blast from Skerak, the monster falls down, one more body on the floor. The room is trashed, with little of note and value other than the leavings of the beast, which are better left alone in any case. The bodies here belong to crusaders, evident from their builds, and the fact that they have been mockingly branded with a desecrated symbol of Iomedae before being thrown at the creature unarmed.

Irabeth is struggling to remain calm. "The demons and their ilk always need to add a cruel twist on anything they do. Only one floor remains."

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 31/31 | AC: 23 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 7/4/10 | SR 9 vs Evil Outsiders and Spells with the [EVIL] descriptor
    Diplomacy/Bluff +13 | Knowledge Religion/History +9 | Knowledge Planes +11 | Perception +13 | 
    Resources:  Channels 3/5, Fire Bolt (1d6+1) 5/7, Dragon Scale of alter self 3/3

Lann
    Bluff +0 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) | Knowledge Dungeoneering/Geography +7 | Perception +13 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) |

"Can we identify these bodies? We can at least notify next of kin when everything calms down. For now I guess we should leave them here."

Luna heals everyone once, and then heads back to the room with the basin that has the images of warriors around a raised sun, holding longswords aloft. "This must be a holy font of some sort, given the religious imagery. I wonder if we can un-desecrate at least a bit. Being respectful to religious symbols and areas so far have brought us good luck so far." She starts taking out the entrails, and then casting Create Water to fill it with clean water at the very least.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2021-09-02 at 08:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Shauna kneels down touches the desecrated symbol, shaking her head. She looks up at Luna. "As...hedonistic...as you are, you are still a woman of the cloth. Can you perform the last rites for these brave men and women?"

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Channel healing: (2d6)[6]

Before Luna leaves the conference room and goes to the basin room, she assents to performing the last rites. "I do not worship Iomedae, but I can bless their souls' journey in the River of Souls to the Boneyard."

The cleric lays the bodies side by side, and gives a short statement. "You fought bravely in the face of daunting odds. Whatever else you did in life, such efforts against the demonic invasion will surely earn you a place in the realm of your goddess. Stay safe in the River of Souls, and don't get tempted by devils offering you revenge against your killers in return for your soul being sent to Hell instead of your rightful reward."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2021-09-02 at 08:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Shauna nods her thanks. She follows Luna to the other room and as Luna fills the basin, she starts scrubbing the display, trying to make it shine clearly.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Irabeth nods to Luna's query. "I know them. Not of my order, but valiant people regardless. They deserved better."

As they set to clean up the basin, Irabeth initially looks like she might object, then reflects on it and joins in as well.

"Thank you for your words, Lunalesca." she says. "It is better that those words come from a priest than a warrior like myself or Shauna. I'm certain their passage is easier for your words."

It takes a while even with others pitching in, but they manage to clean it of the demons' filth and the remains of the crusaders.

The stairs up have remained quiet. Whatever is above is likely aware of their intrusion, but has refrained from attacking. It is their advantage. The garrison is emptied because of the distracting attacks, and in time those forces would return.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

"I think your words would've carried just as much weight, Irabeth. You are a holy warrior, and I see nothing that would place you below me in terms of offering prayers of safety. you are welcome nonetheless."

As the group looks up at the stairs, Luna rummages thru her sack. Producing a potion, she says, "I have a potion of invisibility here. Do we want to send a scout up there first?" She cleric looks especially at Hesper and Lann.

25. - Top - End - #1135

"And waste the potion? We need to travel as a group, stick together," Shauna replies.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose. Alright. Lead the way, Shauna."

27. - Top - End - #1137

Shauna proceeds up the stairs, sword and shield at the ready. She makes no attempt to mask her presence.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shauna climbs the stairs to the final floor, up a spiral set of stairs. Above is lit with clean white light, and she emerges to see a large, shaggy bull-headed minotaur, who raises a horn to its lips and blows on it. The creature is large and heavily built, clad in blood-red fur with a bestial face and fiendish yellow and black eyes. It moves to try and block the stairway entirely, so that the intruders don't get the chance to gang up on him. But they might be faster.

Behind the minotaur, a cultist and a tiefling are alerted to readiness, both flanking a heavy and secure door. The room is lit with two gleaming orbs set on rods like torches, both illuminating a shattered crusader helmet.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll initiative in Discord, since on the first round, order matters.

29. - Top - End - #1139

Spoiler
    Show
    moving up the stairs, then kinetic blast on the minotaur if i can get line of sight
    (1d20+8)[25]/(1d20+8)[15]
    (2d6+8)[19]/(4d6+16)[33]

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 31/31 | AC: 23 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 7/4/10 | SR 9 vs Evil Outsiders and Spells with the [EVIL] descriptor
    Resources:  Channels 3/5, Fire Bolt (1d6+1) 5/7, Dragon Scale of alter self 3/3

Lann

"Oh, I heard THAT alarm. Everybody knows what's up now. Here, receive the blessing of my goddess once again, and go forth to do battle!"

Lann follows Luna up the stairs, and will shoot the cultist with his composite longbow if he can. If not, he will shoot the minotaur.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Luna casts Bless on everyone. and moves up the stairs.

Lann moves up the stairs and shoots an enemy! Prioritizing the cultist.
    (1d20+8)[28]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[6]