New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1451
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

Shauna recoils in horror at the sight of the fiend. "Demon! ...Tch, the wardstones let you through. But you will not escape justice. Our guardian saved my life so that I could stand here before you and cut you down!"

She swings Radiance to the side and it glows brightly. The fiend is marked for death.

Spoiler
    Show
    Smite Evil. Ready an action to move towards the fiend if the spider in front of him is cut down.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

With a mighty battlecry, Rosa runs up to one of the spiders and bites it.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[16]
    damage (1d6+5)[9]

"Yummy, this spider is juicy!"
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2021-10-26 at 09:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1173

Hesper raises her shortbow and shoots at the fiend.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[6] Critical threat check: (1d20+5)[7] Damage: (1d6)[1] Critical damage: (2d6)[8]

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 31/31 | AC: 23 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 7/4/10 | SR 9 vs Evil Outsiders and Spells with the [EVIL] descriptor
    Diplomacy/Bluff +13 | Knowledge Religion/History +9 | Knowledge Planes +11 | Perception +13 | 
    Resources:  Channels 3/5, Fire Bolt (1d6+1) 5/7, Dragon Scale of alter self 3/3
    Effects: Bless

Lann
    HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 | Init: +3 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/8/6 (+1 vs Evil Outsiders) | 
    Bluff +0 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) | Knowledge Dungeoneering/Geography +7 | Perception +13 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) |
    Stealth +10 | Survival +9 (+2 vs Evil Outsider)

Before the others gets too close to the enemy, the cleric prays for a burst of light to blind and harm her enemies! After that, she enters the room, sticking to the edges. She hopes that enough enemies will be distracted and blinded to not notice her.

Lann aims and shoots at the male fiend with a cold-iron arrow.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Luna casts Burst of Radiance, 10ft radius burst centered on the half-elf. That should hit all enemies. DC16 Ref save turns the blind duration to DAZZLED instead. Duration: (1d4)[1]
    Then, move 2W, S, SW.

Lann shoots the make fiend with a cold-iron arrow. +1 Bless, +2 Favored Enemy
    (1d20+10)[23]
    Dmg: (1d8+4)[12]

Crit-confirm roll: (1d20+10)[14]
    Crit extra dmg: (2d8+8)[17]

Last edited by Frosty; 2021-10-29 at 06:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

Forgot the Burst of Radiance damage: (5d4)[10]

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The enemies reel under the assault. Between Rosa's jaws and Luna's spell, the central spider is burst open, its body evaporating. The others appear to have been blinded. The demon is heavily injured, but remains standing regardless. He points a finger at Luna. "Come to me" he beckons, moving to take cover behind the Wardstone cage.

"Minions!" the demon-blessed woman shouts, "Do not let them to the Wardstone! Our work must not be undone!"
    The spiders try to bite Rosa, but are not enough. The woman hefts her scythe and rushes Rosa instead.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Luna is hit with Command. If she fails her Will save, she must try to move next to the Fiend (and can do nothing else)

(1d20+11)[20] attack vs Rosa, (2d4+7)[11]

Irabeth moves forward to try and take down a spider and clear a path, but she can't find a good angle.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2021-10-31 at 12:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Shauna moves to the fiend, ignoring the spider that attacks her on the way.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ettin in the Playground

Rosa turns to the half-elf woman, and runs to bite her.

Spoiler: attacks
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[25]
    damage (1d6+5)[10]

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

(forgot the claws)
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (1d20+7)[23](1d20+7)[15](1d4+5)[8](1d4+5)[6]

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 31/31 | AC: 23 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 7/4/10 | SR 9 vs Evil Outsiders and Spells with the [EVIL] descriptor
    Diplomacy/Bluff +13 | Knowledge Religion/History +9 | Knowledge Planes +11 | Perception +13 | 

Lann
    HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 (+2 vs evil) | Init: +3 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/8/6 (+1 vs Evil Outsiders) (+2 vs evil) | 
    Bluff +0 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) | Knowledge Dungeoneering/Geography +7 | Perception +13 (+2 vs Evil Outsider) |
    Effects: Bless, Protection from Evil

The cleric manages to resist the half-incubus's command, but ends up deciding to get closer to him anyways. She needs to get to that wardstone! Pointing her own finger at the half-elf, she says one word of power. "DROP!" She hopes the half-elf will drop her deadly scythe. "Stop your resistance! You know whatever plans the demons have, it won't end well for mortals. Mortals like YOU. Help us stop them, and we will your advocates. We will certainly treat you better than your demon masters have. They leave you here to defend this vital place, yet give you so little to do it with? They're just looking for someone to blame, and you're the patsy!"

Lann steps up to right behind Hesper, and then shoots at the spider next to the half-elf.

Show

Luna moves 2E, then casts Command (DC15 will save). In additional, diplomacy on the off-chance it'll convince the half-elf to stand down. (1d20+13)[19]

Lann moves 2E shoots the fiendish spider with an arrow. +1 Bless
    (1d20+8)[9]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[10]

Crit-confirm roll: (1d20+8)[15]
    Crit extra dmg: (2d8+4)[14]

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shauna moves past the spider while Irabeth cuts it down. Skerak blasts the other spider back into the Abyss with a stone blast.

The enemy leader, Jeslyn, snarls at Rosa as the tiefling claws and bites her. "You unworthy scum! You waste your blessing! Your birthright! I have earned this form as a reward for devotion, and am leagues above you!"
    She punctuates her words with wild slashes.

Hesper takes aim at the enemy, as does Lann, though the mongrelman's attack misses.

The fiend looks at Shauna, drawing a scimitar. "Well ain't you a pretty one. Maybe after I get you on your knees I'll put you to good use. And that other harlot too."

Show
    (1d20+5)[20], (1d6)[3] Hesper's attack.
    (1d20+11)[30], (2d4+7)[12] Jeslyn vs Rosa
    (1d20+8)[10], (1d6+4)[5] Fiend vs Shauna.

12. - Top - End - #1182

Shauna deflects the incoming blow with her shield, her gaze full of contempt. "The only thing that is beautiful about me is my righteous fury. And if you try to harm a single hair on Lunalesca's head, I will cut your hand off."

She attacks with her full power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Smite Evil, Power Attack
    (1d20+10)[30] / (1d20+10)[11]
    (1d8+16)[22] / (2d8+32)[45]

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca

Lann
    HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 (+2 vs evil) | Init: +3 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/8/6 (+1 vs Evil Outsiders) (+2 vs evil) | 

"I wouldn't say that's the ONLY thing beautiful about you. I've seen many other beautiful parts...personally." quips the cleric as she prepares to attack the handsome fiend. but then she hears Rosa's scream of pain, and changes her plan. Confidently walking part Jeslyn and daring her to swing at her, Lunalesca rushes over to Rosa and casts a healing spell on the dragon-blooded sorceress. "Hang in there..."

As she heals Rosa, Luna fires off a quick prayer to Nocticula. "Do you see, my Lady? I felt the desire for vengeance against this lowly incubus who threatened my friend and I with rape. Yet, I set the feeling aside for now in order to save an ally instead. A simple example to be sure, but every such experience of kindness and following good instead of hate can add up."

Lann move into the room to get a better angle, and then fires on Jeslyn!

Show

Luna moves NW, then 2E, hoping to provoke an AoO, ending one square South of Rosa. She then sacrifices a Hold Person spell to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Rosa.
    CMW: (2d8+4)[13]

(you forgot to move Lann's position last round. He is actually 2E of where the map currently shows.) Lann moves 2E, then 2 NE (ending up two squares north of Irabeth), and shoots Jeslyn with a normal arrow. Effects: Bless
    (1d20+8)[24]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[6]

Crit-confirm roll: (1d20+8)[22]
    Crit extra dmg: Dmg: (2d8+4)[12]

Last edited by Frosty; 2021-11-08 at 12:16 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1184

"Do you actually think you can 'earn' the demons ever treating you as anything better than a slave?" Hesper asks, shooting at Jeslyn this time as she does.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12] Critical threat check: (1d20+5)[20] Damage: (1d6)[5] Critical damage: (2d6)[10]

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

Rosa sighs briefly, not even speaking to Jeslyn before she makes another full attack.

Spoiler: attacks
    Show
    (1d4+5)[6](1d4+5)[9](1d6+5)[7](1d20+7)[18] (1d20+7)[14](1d20+7)[13]

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The demon that threatened Shauna tries to raise his blade to guard, but is entirely too slow. She can see his confident smirk ebb away as her empowered blade cuts through its bruised skin, and right on through, slaying the fiend.

Jeslyn desperately parries attacks from Rosa, dodging attacks from Skerak and Hesper and growing in confidence, even managing a swipe at Luna with her scythe. She snarls in pain as Irabeth cuts her, sapping her energy somewhat. Lann's arrow misses due to the heat of battle and people offering cover. She casts a spell, recklessly attacking Luna.

Show
    (2d4+7)[11] AoO damage on Luna
    (1d20+10)[29] Touch spell vs Luna, she provokes an AoO. Will save needed if she survives.
    (1d20+11)[22](1d8+8)[10] Irabeth aoo

17. - Top - End - #1187

Shauna pulls her weapon back. "Pathetic. The darkness cannot hope to exist when my blade shines with light."

She attacks Jeslyn next.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]
    (1d8+8)[10]

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing an opening in Jeslyn's defences, Rosa takes a bite. Rosa grins before she snaps at Jeslyn. Big mistake... she thinks.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    [roll]1d20+7[roll](1d6+5)[9]
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2021-11-14 at 09:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: AoO attack roll reroll
    Show
    (1d20+7)[24]

I didn't format the roll correctly.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing Jeslyn was still alive after being brutally bitten, Rosa attacks once more:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d6+5)[6]
    (1d4+5)[7]
    (1d4+5)[6]

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 20/31 | AC: 23 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 7/4/10 | SR 9 vs Evil Outsiders and Spells with the [EVIL] descriptor
    Resources:  Channels 3/5, Fire Bolt (1d6+1) 4/7, Dragon Scale of alter self 3/3

Lann

Luna steps away a bit and launches a bolt of fire at the half-elf! Lan continues firing at Jeslyn as well.

Show

Luna moves S, then uses Fire Bolt domain power on Jeslyn.
    Touch Atk: (1d20+5)[7]
    Fire dmg: (1d6+1)[7]

Lann shoots Jeslyn with a normal arrow. Effects: Bless
    (1d20+8)[16]
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[3]

Crit-confirm roll: (1d20+8)[11]
    Crit extra dmg: Dmg: (2d8+4)[7]

Last edited by Frosty; 2021-11-17 at 11:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1192

Hesper shoots at Jeslyn again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20] Critical threat check: (1d20+5)[17] Damage: (1d6)[3] Critical damage: (2d6)[3]

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jeslyn keeps fighting, taking blow after blow. Her ensorcelled defences hold against most of the assault. Irabeth invokes the name of the Inheritor, wreathing her sword in golden light and stabbing the twisted half-elf, who wheels and tries her scythe on the Paladin. "Your goddess is powerless here!" she shouts, raising her scythe. "I was so close and you have to ruin everything!"

Show
    Jeslyn is Staggered.
    (1d20+11)[18](2d4+7)[9]

24. - Top - End - #1194

Shauna grimaces as Jeslyn lashes out at her commander, but sighs with relief as Irabeth intercepts the coming blow. "That is where you are wrong, traitor," she declares, darting to Lunalesca's side and taking the rod from her. "My goddess has power everywhere."

She touches the rod to the wardstone.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shauna makes her declaration, and can see Jeslyn try desperately to push past Irabeth, only to be checked by the half-orc paladin. Shauna pushes the Rod of Cancellation through the bars of the cage, touching it against the glowing Wardstone fragment within. The glow dims promisingly, at first. She then sees golden cracks rapidly criss-cross its surface before it explodes. The sound is more like an angelic choir than a boom, though it is drowned out by the sound of tearing metal. The fragments seem guided by a will of their own, peppering the walls and tearing through Jeslyn, pinning the half-elf to the wall, riddled with fatal wounds, while the heroes are left unharmed. The space where the Wardstone was still holds a knot of golden energy, which then bursts out in a blinding flash. The heroes can feel the energy suffusing their bodies, but there is no pain. Indeed, they feel whole and hale, the caress of the light wiping away wounds, filling tired bodies with strength and swelling their souls with power. The earth trembles beneath their feet. Then their vision returns.

A white vista spreads before each of them, marred only by their presence. Lunalesca, Shauna, Hesper, Rosa and Skerak find themeslves in a vision, overlooking the site of Kenabres. Before the fall. Before the crusades. The tall Wardstone is still incomplete, under construction, overseen by a golden angel with a halo of swords. They recognize the Hand of the Inheritor, Iomedae's divine herald, and can sense the power it and a coven of crusaders are pouring into the Wardstone. The first of its kind...

The scene shifts and days darken. The Wardstone is surrounded by the great fortress, Kite, and in its courtyard they see young man. Each can recognize Hulrun Shappok, the prelate of Kenabres, leading a trail of bound men and women to a pyre. The purges of suspected witches and demon sympathizers that would lead to the Third Crusade...

The scene shifts again, and those present during the Fall of Kenabres recognize the hulking form of the Storm King, Khorramzadeh, a Balor, fighting its way to the Wardstone in a prelude to his recent attack, striking the stone with his unholy sword, only to see it shatter to countless pieces upon contact with the artefact, leaving only a faint crack. He finds himself unarmed, facing down a silver dragon. The scene fades...

You see a vision of Irabeth chasing a burly dwarven man into the courtyard containing the wardstone. Both paladins are heavily wounded, and as Staunton backs against the wardstone, smoke rises and he screams in pain. He ducks to avoid one of Irabeth's blows, then manages to smash her knee with his hammer, dropping her to the ground. Staunton seems ready to deliver a death blow, but the sound of approaching soldiers forces him instead to back away and summon a fiendish giant wasp that he swiftly mounts, fleeing away to the north, abandoning Kenabres...

In the next vision they see, the Wardstone is shattered, placed on the pedestal where they saw it. They see Jeslyn standing beside a beautiful demonic woman with a long thin tail, clawed hands, and curling horns protruding from where her eyes should be. She steps back, nodding, and Jeslyn speaks. "I wish the Wardstone be contained so that it may not be removed"
    The demon glows with power as tendrils of reality twist into the shape of the cage, hardening solid.

The last vision is of the future. Areelu Vorlesh, the maker of the Worldwound, stands over the Wardstone, in her hand a perfectly formed purple crystal. She touches it to the Wardstone, its corrupt energies streaming out. They go from Wardstone to Wardstone, immolating each in mauve fire that twists the Crusaders gathered in their defence into her half-fiendish slaves, the righteous turned in an instant to a conquering army.

Their eyes open and the light in their eyes fades, still lingering in their bodies. Shauna sees Irabeth shaking her glowing body, a worried look on her face. Luna sees Lann do the same. The Wardstone fragment is no more, and the used rod of cancellation is crumbling to dust. The air before them ripples. A somewhat transparent beautiful demonic woman with batlike wings, a horned brow, and glowing red eyes forms before their eyes. Areelu Vorlesh. She regards the recovering heroes with a smoldering, furious expression "This only delays your kind's extinction. But at least I can take steps to hasten your own."

Irabeth charges at the apparition, but she simply raises her hand, stopping the Paladin in her tracks, leaving her grasping her throat and struggling to draw breath. Lann is likewise afflicted. Her gaze falls upon the heroes, as you stand unaffected by her power. " The death throes of your wardstone seem to be protecting you from my magic. No matter. They cannot protect you from my slaves!"
    She throws her eyes wide and a new rift opens inside the room, a gateway to the Abyss. Half a dozen skeletal fiends rush through the rift, a dozen more waiting in the twilight beyond. In the shades, greater demons rouse themselves and set towards the gate. A second invasion of Kenabres, right here.

Then there is a sensation like a dam breaking. The energies deposited in the heroes by the breaking Wardstone burst forth, tearing apart the rift, as well as the apparition of Areelu Vorlesh, mangling her body and tearing at her wings in a burst of magic feedback. The image staggers back before fading away, leaving the few fiends that made it through stranded. The energy burst seems not to have fazed them in the least, and they confidently attack.

Show
    The PC's that bear the power of the Wardstones find themselves mythically empowered. In addition, you enjoy DR 10/Good, Regeneration 5, resist fire 10 and acid 10, and any attack that you do will cause 2d6 holy damage to Evil creatures and ignore their DR. As an Immediate Action, you can add 1d12 to any d20 roll you are called to make.

(1d20+12)[18], (1d6-5)[-4] vs Luna
    (1d20+12)[31], (1d6-5)[0] vs Hesper
    (1d20+12)[15], (1d6-5)[-2] vs Rosa
    (1d20+12)[32], (1d6-5)[1] vs Shauna
    (1d20+12)[14], (1d6-5)[1] vs Skerak
    (1d20+12)[13], (1d6-5)[-2] vs Irabeth
    (I included your DR in the damage this round)

26. - Top - End - #1196

Shauna stands up. Radiance glows confidently in her hand. "This is a blessing of the Inheritor. I am no longer a mere footsoldier of the General. I am Her lieutenant."

She cuts the skeletal horde down, one at a time.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+1d12+8[/roll] [roll]1d8+2d6+4[/roll]

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

The energy from the wardstone system FLOWS all around, and also through the aasimar cleric. The visions she has are intense, and Luna is completely unware of the outside world as she experiences what happened, and saw what could have been had the group not destroyed this wardstone fragment. As she recovers from her dazed state, she also feels the holy energy empower her. Her spells energy have been restored. She has unlocked answers to new mysteries, and her power feel out of this world!

There is also another, purely aesthetic interaction between the wardstone energy and her aasimar body. Firstly, the halo that Luna sometimes manifests is manifested now, and it glows more brightly than it ever has! Secondly, From her back sprouts a pair of feathery, angelic wings. They move with grace, but Luna has no knowledge of how to use them to fly, if that is even possible. Well, that is a question for another time. For now, there are 6 bony-demons that need dispatching!

"Babaus...they can harm you with their claws and acid! I shall lock down 5 of them!"

Intoning a prayer laced with mythic power, the cleric commands the Babaus to lie down. "FALL!" she shouts at them in Abyssal. (DC 16 Will save or 5 of the Babaus drop prone to the ground. If they make the save, they are instead STAGGERED for 1 round).

Luna also spares a glance to see if Lann and Irabeth are alright.

28. - Top - End - #1198

Hesper shudders as the feeling of overwhelming power sweeps over her. Events seem to slow to a crawl for her. She vaguely hears Shauna shout something pretentious and Lunalesca shout a warning, but she considers and discards the idea of attacking the entities Vorlesh called her "slaves" herself. She can cast spells here. If she can't hurt us, then...can we hurt her? That would matter much more than anything else we might accomplish here with the wardstone already dealt with. But even as she thinks that, the portal closes in front of her. She raises her bow and shoots at one of the demons instead.
    Last edited by Kish; 2021-11-23 at 01:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Skerak launches an earth blast but misses.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

Rosa looks at the assorted lot of demons, and saying nothing, began to cast glitterdust to render all the demons blind.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-s...g/glitterdust/