New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous - Worldwound Incursion [IC]

"Yes, I'm sure. It is a weapon of prestige. If you do not wish to have it, I will find another worthy successor" he tells Esper. "The fallen kin... I doubt they would return to us. Do not get yourselves killed to spare their lives."

He turns to Luna, a bitter smile on his face, holding the brooch. "You are kind indeed... but my son could not have reached their lair without returning to Neathholm.

"You can move faster without us" Aravashinal says, noting to himself and including Anevia. "If you wish to forge ahead faster, we can follow up."

You leave the mongrelman settlement, heading up once again. Rough tunnels are steep at times, but free of obstacles. Horgus carries your potions accompanied by Emilie. Anevia helps out Aravashinal, bringing up the rear. The tunnel narrows down to a 5-foot-wide passageway, the walls carved with picks and chisels. You must be approaching the place where the corrupted mongrelmen dwell.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

"I'm...not sure about letting you fall behind us, Anevia, Aravashnial...but if we're certain nothing will attack from the sides, then all right," Hesper says. "Probably best if Esper goes first, I go second, then Lunalesca, then Horgus and Emilie, with Diamond guarding the rear of our lead group."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Given how tired some of the group are, and how much resources have been spent, the cleric suggests that the group rests a night before continuing on. She spends the time trying to get to know the various first descendants better, especially chief Sull and Lann if they have time to talk. Lunalesca reassures them that she will talk to the surface folk (what's left of them anyways) about how helpful the mongrefolk are. She also cooks for then, if they will let her. If the mongrelfolk have any spicy peppers or herbs, she will use them liberally in a stew she calls "Ghost pepper Stew".

The next morning, after finishing breakfast with any of the first descendants that have become friendly with the group, Luna has an idea. "Oh hey, if there are cultists down here, I bet they've got a base or at least some operations we can disrupt. This is a good opportunity for us, especially with what we got from the cultist bodies earlier. Esper, we can pretend to be cultists of Baphomet!"

With that, Luna immediately starts stripping. Even in her nude form, she seems to not care that the rest of the party and even probably Lann is still here. Years of pleasure slave training is hard to shake. As she reaches into her pack to grab one set of cultist clothing (which looks like crusader clothing for the most part), the priestess somehow makes sure to arch her back, and bend only at the waist and not the knees, etc, making sure parts of her body jiggly enticingly.

A slip of paper also falls out of her pack.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Take 10 on profession (cooking) for a total of 18, to cook for everyone that night. Next day, change.

Also, someone should ID the Morningstar.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-10-13 at 02:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184

"I'm dubious about the value of going past," Hesper starts, then blinks as Lunalesca starts undressing in front of everyone.

After a minute, Hesper picks up again, trying to ignore the apparently unembarrassable aasimar's actions, "If these people are willing to let Baphomet cultists pass where they wouldn't let other surfacers pass, then they're enemies, and we'll be surrounded if we get halfway through their territory and then someone figures out we're not really what we're pretending to be. And if anyone we encounter is hostile to cultists, they'll attack us and we'll be in the wrong. I think appearing as ourselves and fighting our way through if they attack us would be a better idea."

She looks at Esper, Emilie, Anevia, Aravashnial, Horgus, and Diamond for their opinions.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lunalesca's stripping does not go unnoticed. Horgus makes a small sound, looking unabashedly at the naked woman. He seems captivated by the display. Anevia looks, keeping her face at a neutral disinterest. Lann covers his eyes, though from his spread fingers he's taking an eyeful. The chieftain is disinterested in the display.
    "What's going on?" Aravashinal asks. Emilie explains that Luna is an unrepentant harlot bent on corrupting the heart of an "innocent maiden" like herself. Her tone is teasing, so she probably doesn't mean much of what she says. Aravashinal gets a small blush and you can almost see his long ears drooping.

The mongrelmen do have somewhat limited culinary supplies, though they have spices suitable for a variation of the dish. All in all, Neathholm hosts 38 mongrelfolk. A small number, though there are others of their kind underground. The dish is enjoyed.

Aravashinal is the first to speak up. "I think the disguises have a fair chance of working. At least, I don't see them hindering us." he says
    "As long as it's not me wearing one, I don't care. We need to get to the surface, however" Horgus says.
    "I agree with Horgus" Anevia says. The nobleman looks surprised. "What? We need to get to the surface." she says.
    "If Esper doesn't want to dress up, maybe I can?" Emilie offers. "Though... with my injury..."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Esper would think a moment. She was torn as what to do. For the betterment of the party maybe it was a good idea to dress as a cultist so that they could better move in, but to pretend to be a follower of a evil deity was beyond reproach and out of the question. Still she saw the value in it and would make pray silently to her own deity for the strength. As a warrior and having succubus lineage Esper was not one to be bashful or ashamed of her body. Many times had her clothing got torn up in practice and she kept fighting as nothing happened. In essence this helped her win some fights as the men became distracted by her alluring body and amazing looks. Stripping she'd change where she was to make herself look more like cultist but would forgo dawning the holy symbol of the evil deity, not even wishing to carry it.

"I am ready, who here would like to use the magical mace? I am partial to swords but if no one has use of it I will carry it at my side as a backup."

Paladin or no, Esper was who she was and couldn't help but smile at Horgas if she also took notice of her. If anything she hoped it's improve his disposition towards her, but all things considered she was ready to move on and make way to the surface.

~We cannot change how the dice roll, just how we play the game afterwards.~

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond stood silently while Luna undressed, politely averting his gaze. ”Hurry up and get dressed so we aren’t caught in a compromising position!”
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2018-10-15 at 10:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Lunalesca smiles. Briefly, at Horgus and Lann, and longer, at Emilie. As she puts on the cultist outfit, she says, "Oh, you WISH this unrepentant, naked harlot is trying to corrupt you, Emilie. Although, I think I would enjoy that that..." The cleric's tone is also semi-teasing.

After she finishes up and puts her armor back on, she continues, "You should carry to mace, Esper. We can use it as a prop if we need to. We can say something like, 'Of course we're cultists! We even killed their chieftain and took his magical weapon as a trophy!' or something like that."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Lunalesca smiles. Briefly, at Horgus and Lann, and longer, at Emilie. As she puts on the cultist outfit, she says, "Oh, you WISH this unrepentant, naked harlot is trying to corrupt you, Emilie. Although, I think I would enjoy that that..." The cleric's tone is also semi-teasing.

After she finishes up and puts her armor back on, she continues, "You should carry to mace, Esper. We can use it as a prop if we need to. We can say something like, 'Of course we're cultists! We even killed their chieftain and took his magical weapon as a trophy!' or something like that."
    ”Good thinking...should those of us without costumes stay behind?”

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

"No, just follow from a short distance behind us. If we see someone we need to fool, we will signal for you to stop."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

”Alright, then. Lead the way.”

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Esper blushes at Luna's comment, looking away a little. And Horgus does take equal note of Esper as she displays her body.

You advance along the path. At the far end, there is a barricade. Esper and Luna move along the corridor, the others hanging back. When they approach the barrier, they spot a mongrelman guard. "Halt" it says. "Where have you been?" he asks. he let you get pretty close, easily able to charge and make an attack if you choose.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 10/10 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/2/6
    Diplomacy/Bluff +9 | Knowledge Religion/History +6 | Knowledge Planes +8 | Perception +9 | 
    Resources:  Channels 5/5, Fire Bolt 7/7
    Effects:  None 
    Before all this, Luna has instructed everyone to come, swords swinging, if they hear screams from the Esper or Luna. Or if they hear the code word 'fatespinner'.

Luna snorts at the mongreman. "As if we answer to YOU. But, for your information, we ran into what you call a 'spore cougher'. Well, we're still alive and it isn't. It's tough, but not tough enough."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-10-23 at 04:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond has his pistol ready to fire, albiet with a shaky hand and a terrified expression on his face.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Alright big shot. Your mistress is expecting a report anyway" he says, moving aside. You can see another skulking behind the barricade, a mismatch of features across their bodies. The second opens a door to a dark room beyond. It's a resting area, with mattresses and sleeping bags scattered across the floor. A few seem occupied.
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2018-10-23 at 03:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Looking confident, Esper walks straight in, already thinking of ways to fool the other cultists, and to call for a sneak attack.

17. - Top - End - #197

Hesper fidgets, waiting impatiently for the alert from ahead.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The infiltrators press on. At the door on the far side, they realize that they are doing a fine job cutting themselves off.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond follows the others.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Luna isn't afraid. She has a plan to draw the leader out, and she confidently walks forward!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Before she goes further, the cleric turns around the says loudly to the two guards that were at the front door, "Hey you two! I think you'll want to come join in for this meeting. You'll LOVE what we have to report. Trust me, there will be celebrations. Even a piñata of sorts!"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond gets antsy. He still doesn’t know these people very well, after all. He keeps his weapon loaded and drawn.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The floor to Luna's left opens. A female mongrel steps through. She has the airs of someone in charge. "The guards stay here" she says simply. She seems to be made up mostly of various lizards, a rainbow of scales, a horn curved backwards. "So what's this about a report?"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond continues to hang back.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Code:
    Lunalesca
    HP: 10/10 | AC: 19 | Init: +2 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 4/2/6
    Diplomacy/Bluff +9 | Knowledge Religion/History +6 | Knowledge Planes +8 | Perception +9 | 
    Resources:  Channels 5/5, Fire Bolt 7/7
    Effects:  None 
    The cleric grins, and hoists up the magic Morningstar that is a gift from Chief Sull. "Look what we've got here! Yes, you know EXACTLY who this belonged to. And yes, I know how much you must despise his gut...and oh how much gut there IS on that disgusting, fat slob. We encountered him after an encounter with a spore cougher, and his guards were no match for us. Still, instead of killing him, I wanted to give you the chance to *personally* slit his throat. We have his unconscious body down the tunnel. He's disgustingly heavy, and we wanted it to be a surprise. So, come on out, do the honors! Follows us. It's not that far. The two door guards can come or not, it doesn't matter, although I suspect they'll want to watch too."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+9)[18]

26. - Top - End - #206

Hesper looks for a shadow to conceal herself in, sets her backpack down, and puts an arrow to her bowstring. If this works...

If she sees an enemy, she'll open fire either as soon as she has a clear shot, as soon as she's confident the enemy won't come any closer, or immediately if the enemy indicates seeing her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+6)[24]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The leader grabs the two guards, and tells the two sleepyheads to gear up. "Lead the way" she says. "Your leader made tall promises, But I see that you lived up to it."

She and her two cronies follow. The only place to hide is beyond the bends, and the tunnel can't fit two abreast.

28. - Top - End - #208

Taking careful aim, Hesper fires at the apparent leader.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+2)[19] Critical threat check: (1d20+2)[15] Damage, including Sneak Attack: (2d6)[6] Critical damage: (1d6)[5]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond fires off a single shot, the cavern reverberating with the loud bang and briefly illuminated by the pistol’s muzzle flash.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+3)[18]
    (1d8)[1]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"You said this place was CLEAR!" the leader shouts at Esper and Luna, trying to push past the cleric and at the shooters

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+6)[20] Overrun vs ffCMD, move to Hesper (who was closer) and draw her melee weapon.

The other two, angry at being deceived, also try to push through Esper.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+4)[23] Overrun vs ffCMD, move past Esper (can't get past Luna).
    The last mongrelman readies an action to attack any enemy in the meantime.